IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 569.
#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Plenty of wow moments in GNR and plenty of live and let die moments as well. But more importantly, the game is addicting as shit!
My personal experience, GNR came down to timing and the perfect storm and so thankful to be in the right spot and the right time. I was in the market for a new pin in September and put a deposit in on sterns next JP2 run. I really wanted a JJP pin but had no interest in GNR. I had two music pins at the time and was getting burnt out on music pins that play the same 10 songs for 30-45 seconds. I was dead set on not getting GNR, until they did what they did (those assholes! Haha). They did everything perfectly with this pin and it just wowā€™d me, this is a music pin!
Needless to say, I sold a pin and picked up both JP2 and GNRLE. GNR flippers felt very lackluster compared to my other sterns and JP2. The sterns are just snappier with more umph. Well, as many of you know, I spent nearly a week tweaking my GNR flippers - from power settings, to realigning, to trying many different types of rubbers. Well, I went to play some JP2 last night for the first time in awhile, the flippers felt like toothpicks - I was shocked. Turned the game off and went back to GNR. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll give my other sterns and my other new JP2 some love again in due time, but GNR is a beast and plays so dam fun.

I'm Addicted to D.I. do you really feel I'll like GNR more?
Waiting on mine and will wait till it appears!

#4102 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Ordered on 13th of October and still waiting.
Bought a Bandade called Led Zeppelin!
Will be here sooner the GNR.
Lmao

I ordered on the October 14th, My distributor told me it now looks like end of Q1, Beginning of Q2 2021. At the time I ordered it was supposed to be 3 weeks.

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I ordered on the October 14th, My distributor told me it now looks like end of Q1, Beginning of Q2 2021. At the time I ordered it was supposed to be 3 weeks.

That's disappointing. I ordered an LE on day 2 and was hoping to see it in Jan.

#4104 3 years ago

I ordered a CE from day one with no CEā€™s being built yet. Over 2 months later. Not ONE!

#4105 3 years ago

Yeah, this is all painfully slow. Reminds me of the wait for MMr LE. That was well over a year.

#4106 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I ordered a CE from day one with no CEā€™s being built yet. Over 2 months later. Not ONE!

download (22) (resized).jpgdownload (22) (resized).jpg

#4107 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Iā€™m out of patience. Iā€™m going to buy a Wonka LE until it comes in.

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm Addicted to D.I. do you really feel I'll like GNR more?
Waiting on mine and will wait till it appears!

No idea.
GNR isnt much of a mode based game. Itā€™s a rock concert that suits different styles of play. I think the code needs more work before itā€™s more mode-quest based. But, it has elements and potential of a quest with the all the side objectives. It just needs to be tied in altogether. For now, itā€™s just pure fun.

#4109 3 years ago

L.E. 0139 has arrived. I got some paint drip blemishes on the lockbar. Other than that, all seems fine.

20201220_131246 (resized).jpg20201220_131246 (resized).jpg20201220_155707 (resized).jpg20201220_155707 (resized).jpg20201220_163459 (resized).jpg20201220_163459 (resized).jpg
#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Have to say I'm absolutely having a ball with my new attack From Mars remake. Seems to be making me a slightly better player too, by showing me different ways to score. Got the 5 way combo this morning for the first time.

JustSayingPunkin

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have to say I'm absolutely having a ball with my new attack From Mars remake. Seems to be making me a slightly better player too, by showing me different ways to score. Got the 5 way combo this morning for the first time.
JustSayingPunkin

Sweet. I have plenty of pins to play just want GNR.

#4112 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I keep thinking about getting a wonka myself. Game looks like fun. Otherwise maybe a tmnt or sw comic. The wait for gnr is brutal.

#4113 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sweet. I have plenty of pins to play just want GNR.

I know how you feel.

Thank Goodness for that.
Lol

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

L.E. 0139 has arrived. I got some paint drip blemishes on the lockbar. Other than that, all seems fine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh I don't like that lockdown bar.

Send them a message now and keep punching every week till replaced.

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh I don't like that lockdown bar.
Send them a message now and keep punching every week till replaced.

I've been told it could possibly be rust under the paint. I've already contacted JJP Support

#4116 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

L.E. 0139 has arrived. I got some paint drip blemishes on the lockbar. Other than that, all seems fine.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Moomert1:

Just call JJP and ask for an exchange.. I guarantee they'll do it..

#4117 3 years ago

I gotta ask. If every pinball is manufactured to be played at 6.5 degrees, why raise it?

I see that people do it often, but if there isnā€™t a problem, it seems raising the pitch can create some? Is it because it makes the game easier?

#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I gotta ask. If every pinball is manufactured to be played at 6.5 degrees, why raise it?
I see that people do it often, but if there isnā€™t a problem, it seems raising the pitch can create some? Is it because it makes the game easier?

I donā€™t believe every game is designed at 6.5, I read in other owner threads that Gomez recommends 7deg for DP and Elwin 6.8 or 6.9 for JP2. In the end, it really comes down to preference. Dialing in a game can really be a moving target.

Usually when I first get a game I leave the lift in my game room and play with all sorts of pitch levels and test out each shot, return, etc...I thought someone said Eric prefers GNR at 6.5-6.7. At 6.5 the game felt a little too floaty for my liking. 6.7-6.8 is right around where I have mine (6.8 according to my digital torpedo, 6.7 according to the app). I went back and forth with both pitches for days and a few others til I found a sweet spot. I tried steeper pitches too and the shots needed more tweaking than what I wanted to deal with. Itā€™s just where I settled in at but figured I should mention the pitch when it comes to giving dialing in advice as it absolutely plays a factor.

There are so many variables to get a game playing good which is why we always hear debates on why some people think great games suck and vice versa. Pinside debate can be a vortex for this reason. A good example of this is me playing a friends R&M and I thought the game was one of the coolest, best games ever. Then I read about how people think itā€™s shit because of this shot or that shot, etc...

Whether itā€™s easier or not is to be determined. Less pitch = more likely to drain to the out lanes, but if your tilt isnā€™t tight what good is that? So thereā€™s another adjustment needed. If the pitch is steeper, ball returns occur faster which means you flip more which means thereā€™s a quicker chance of putting the ball in danger, and the close up targets become much more dangerous. All in all thatā€™s why pinball is so great and why good programmers put in adjustments and settings to make games easier or harder. Heck, I have lightning flippers on my IMDN.

Sorry for the long post, Iā€™m an engineer and can dig in a little too deep at times.

#4119 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think they are doing printed manuals anymore.
LTG : )

LTG which machines did they offer printed ones?

#4120 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

ltg which machines did they offer printed ones?

I know rrwoz came with one , Le Hobbit has one , pirates CE came with one , not sure about dialed in or wonka .
The Hobbit manual is as thick as a Melways .

IMG20201221194344 (resized).jpgIMG20201221194344 (resized).jpg
#4121 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know rrwoz came with one , Le Hobbit has one , pirates CE came with one , not sure about dialed in or wonka .
The Hobbit manual is as thick as a Melways .
[quoted image]

Thanks. Ive started collecting physical manuals. I like them for what they are. I have a Di and hobbit. Looks like I have few more jjp ones to hunt down.

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Thanks. Ive started collecting physical manuals. I like them for what they are. I have a Di and hobbit. Looks like I have few more jjp ones to hunt down.

I think it will be hard to get people to part with them and they were like 100 bucks each .
You can always go to Officeworks and get one printed up .

#4123 3 years ago

I should have posted this question/poll here...not sure how now but here is the link. Any help appreciated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-black-mirror-blades-vs-standard-mirror-blades

#4124 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think it will be hard to get people to part with them and they were like 100 bucks each .
You can always go to Officeworks and get one printed up .

Printing in colour it's cheaper to just buy them.

#4125 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

ltg which machines did they offer printed ones?

Wonka and GnR got no printed manuals. All else have them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4126 3 years ago

Anyone know which switch triggers Melissa? And which keyboard insert is hers, the left or right?

1237FC4E-E888-4DD1-A3BF-4298DEABBF53 (resized).jpeg1237FC4E-E888-4DD1-A3BF-4298DEABBF53 (resized).jpeg
#4127 3 years ago

Sheā€™s the right insert - light blue.
Qualify her by rolling over the light blue keyboard key insert. Her skeleton is next to it. (see pic)
E1C4CD00-220F-4270-9C6B-3ABDACE3CBA3 (resized).jpegE1C4CD00-220F-4270-9C6B-3ABDACE3CBA3 (resized).jpeg

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know which switch triggers Melissa? And which keyboard insert is hers, the left or right?[quoted image]

I donā€™t have the game yet but is it the center scoop?

#4129 3 years ago

The piano key insert itself is the switch, similar to the skill shot inserts and sensors.

#4130 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sheā€™s the right insert - light blue.
Qualify her by rolling over the light blue keyboard key insert. Her skeleton is next to it. (see pic)
[quoted image]

Quoted from daley:

The piano key insert itself is the switch, similar to the skill shot inserts and sensors.

Thanks guys. For some reason I thought all those keys were for Dizzy, but makes much more sense now. Never noticed Melissa in the artwork haha.

#4131 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That's what I did. Pretty happy about that decision.

#4132 3 years ago

The pyro standup target, which starts a multiball, is hidden by Slashā€™s hat. If you stoop down you can see it. So while it is still easy to hit, you probably wonā€™t think about aiming for it unless you are trying to start pyro.

#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The pyro standup target, which starts a multiball, is hidden by Slashā€™s hat. If you stoop down you can see it. So while it is still easy to hit, you probably wonā€™t think about aiming for it unless you are trying to start pyro.

Usually when make some noice (AMP) starts with the left inlane Iā€™ll take a shot at pyro with the left flipper to try to stack the two boosters.

#4134 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Usually when make some noice (AMP) starts with the left inlane Iā€™ll take a shot at pyro with the left flipper to try to stack the two boosters.

I do the same. Make some noise always seems to come last for me. Thought I mastered that shot under the flipper back when I had a ST pro -umm- not so much.

#4135 3 years ago

In about 300 games I have had a ball get stuck on slash album 4 times. Ball search doesnā€™t set it free and pretty much had to tilt out every time to continue the game. Anyone else seeing this.

9E8B55CE-3B22-443A-AA82-44EAFCE5C88A (resized).jpeg9E8B55CE-3B22-443A-AA82-44EAFCE5C88A (resized).jpeg
#4136 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

In about 300 games I have had a ball get stuck on slash album 4 times. Ball search doesnā€™t set it free and pretty much had to tilt out every time to continue the game. Anyone else seeing this.
[quoted image]

It catches on the lower edge on my game. You can screw disc higher/lower from the bottom of playfield. I have adjusted mine a few time already and hope to one day have it resolved. The problem seems to be the flexing or drooping of disc if you push on it.

My bigger hangup though is ball wedged against lower pop and metal post with nub. If I am lucky I only lose 2 tilt warnings freeing that ball. The third warning is a tilt. Iā€™ll add a pic of that one for comparison.

#4137 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It catches on the lower edge on my game. You can screw disc higher/lower from the bottom of playfield. I have adjusted mine a few time already and hope to one day have it resolved. The problem seems to be the flexing or drooping of disc if you push on it.
My bigger hangup though is ball wedged against lower pop and metal post with nub. If I am lucky I only lose 2 tilt warnings freeing that ball. The third warning is a tilt. Iā€™ll add a pic of that one for comparison.

If the disc moves up and down at all when you push on it you need to tighten the center screw from underneath while holding the desk and use blue Loctite. It should not be wobbly at all.

#4138 3 years ago

Are the manuals in full colour throughout? This is my first JJP and I always get the original manual for my games too

#4139 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Are the manuals in full colour throughout? This is my first JJP and I always get the original manual for my games too

The available downloadable manual is on the Jersey Jack website. Download it.

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If anyone is interested, I played around with the picture settings on the monitor this evening. Out of the box the monitor looked washed out pretty bad to me. Turns out, the brightness was turned up to 90%!! And the color temp setting was at 6500k. No wonder it looked bad. I took brightness down to 0 (thats right zero), and changed color temp to 50/50/50 rgb, and it now looks crazy better. Much more vibrant colors and blacker blacks. Still no HD quality, but much better than out of box.

where did you find the above adjustments, is this for the large display or the small one on the playfield

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates, are. Willy Wonka and Guns & Roses only have the on line manual which you can download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under the game you seek.

Maybe put the download on a USB stick and take it somewhere and get it printed out and bound ?

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates, are. Willy Wonka and Guns & Roses only have the on line manual which you can download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under the game you seek.
Maybe put the download on a USB stick and take it somewhere and get it printed out and bound ?

Plus they are already on the game itself which is convenient for many tests.

#4143 3 years ago

Very Frustrated!!! On Dec. 8th we received our GNR LE and we were thrilled, planned our whole vacation around our new purchase!! Day 1 opening our box we had issues with quality control but JJP has been amazing and has took care of all the issues. Tonight I am ready to pull out my hair, every time we think we can go and play casually and enjoy our new pin something goes wrong!! I am in need of any and all advise! Tonight we were playing and the sound muffled, definitely doesn't sound like it use to sound. It's on the left side and the volume was only turned up to 30. Maybe the Left Tweeter? Midrange Left Speaker? Something is not working and I don't have any idea where to start to see what is wrong. Definitely making it hard to play the game after hearing the amazing sound at the beginning!! Any advise?

#4144 3 years ago

new place to get stuck

IMG_0260 (resized).JPGIMG_0260 (resized).JPG
#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

new place to get stuck
[quoted image]

Is that at Paul's , I got one stuck on the guitar block ball head and a few times in the pop bumper area .

#4146 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is that at Paul's , I got one stuck on the guitar block ball head and a few times in the pop bumper area .

Yes Paul's. No issues anywhere else. P.s also set new gc 8.2mil. So OOo much fun.

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Very Frustrated!!! On Dec. 8th we received our GNR LE and we were thrilled, planned our whole vacation around our new purchase!! Day 1 opening our box we had issues with quality control but JJP has been amazing and has took care of all the issues. Tonight I am ready to pull out my hair, every time we think we can go and play casually and enjoy our new pin something goes wrong!! I am in need of any and all advise! Tonight we were playing and the sound muffled, definitely doesn't sound like it use to sound. It's on the left side and the volume was only turned up to 30. Maybe the Left Tweeter? Midrange Left Speaker? Something is not working and I don't have any idea where to start to see what is wrong. Definitely making it hard to play the game after hearing the amazing sound at the beginning!! Any advise?

Okay so remove the backglass. Keys for the top lock hang on a hook on the back side of the coin door next to the coin mechs. Then pull the monitor forward (itā€™s latched by magnets at the top corners. Sound board and motherboard are under the metal cover with the LED strip affixed to it. You can look up top before you remove it for any obviously broken wires at the top speakers. Remove cover. Sound board is in the middle. Blue Jack where mic cable brings the sound from the motherboard is right near the center. Reseat that as well as the other end coming from the green Jack on the motherboard. Reseat speaker plugs along the bottom edge of the sound board. Check all of that see if you have a wire pulled back or loose somewhere. If nothing at all works you can try bypassing the noise filter that is wired in between the motherboard and sound board in case thatā€™s failing and causing the problem.

#4148 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Yes Paul's. No issues anywhere else. P.s also set new gc 8.2mil. So OOo much fun.

Any playfield issues on the one at Pauls? Pooling etc? Being the only one in Australia I'm sure it's had a lot of plays

#4149 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Any playfield issues on the one at Pauls? Pooling etc? Being the only one in Australia I'm sure it's had a lot of plays

When I last played it , it had over 1000 games , and no bullshit , the Playfield looked perfect , there were tiny dimples but I had to get down low on an angle to try to see them .
The best bit is , with the new batch of games going out , no one has reported any Playfield issues . ( touch wood )

#4150 3 years ago

Is there a way to cancel the desert, wall, and carnage modes? I realize you need them to get to wizard mode. They just seem anticlimatic after playing a couple of badass songs. I've just been cradling up and letting them time out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/83?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.