IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 562.
#4001 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Missing the huge song jackpots kills me! That one time draining a November Rain 30+M song jackpot had me screaming noooooooooo.

I was a "fun" angry last night missing a couple of those jackpots. I've only been playing it for a couple of weeks. I'm just starting to learn the rules and build up some scores. I never read the rules right away. I learn the feel and layout of the game first. I read the rules early this week and it's helping. I get so nervous collecting the applause jackpot. It's such a short window!

#4002 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I was a "fun" angry last night missing a couple of those jackpots. I've only been playing it for a couple of weeks. I'm just starting to learn the rules and build up some scores. I never read the rules right away. I learn the feel and layout of the game first. I read the rules early this week and it's helping. I get so nervous collecting the applause jackpot. It's such a short window!

What really helps for Applause is to know the song really well and anticipate it lighting. I also will sometimes use all of my scoop collect/continue time depending on where I am in the song.

#4003 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What really helps for Applause is to know the song really well and anticipate it lighting. I also will sometimes use all of my scoop collect/continue time depending on where I am in the song.

That's good advice. A couple of days ago I had the ball not descend from the pops and missed it all together. Made me giggle. This game is awesome. We love it! My kids love it...my wife loves it.....and I love it. I was the reluctant one at first.

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

What are you guys averaging for scores?
I think the difficult part for me to love about this game is how much pre-game work you need to put in before you start a song. When that happens naturally I love the game, when it doesn't It can be cumbersome.

Pre-game work is much more fun with the boosters. It’s awesome when you get 2,3, or all 4 boosters stacked together! I’ve gotten a 3.5 mil noise jackpot! I’m loving the booster multiballs, especially stacked.

That said, I’ve put up some 10+ mil scores without boosters or many locked balls and I’ve dropped big jackpots too! When you go into a song quick, you can still score well. If you only have one or two balls locked, pick a song that takes precision shooting like ‘You could be mine’ or ‘civil war’. Additionally, if you only have 2 or 3 balls, use the power chord rule to help add a ball into play. The key will be pressing your luck and cashing in an applause and encore at the end. Risk/reward is the name of the game.

Additionally, here’s a big tip. You can cradle and have your rockit meter at 0 as long as you have the ball saver active. So if you get into a song prematurely, trap up and go for those power chords and/or band frenzy items. Add some balls, get band frenzy, then start blowing it up.

Soooo many ways to play the game. It’s what keeps me coming back. We just need some meaningful album rules add the next layer.

#4005 3 years ago

First I can’t wait to get my game. For a causal player (me) is the game overly complicated or will it all come together after a couple dozen plays? Or, do you have to really study the rules. Most games after a relatively short time, it all just pops and you have a real good understanding of how to get high scores. After reading all these posts, it sounds...complicated.

#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

First I can’t wait to get my game. For a causal player (me) is the game overly complicated or will it all come together after a couple dozen plays? Or, do you have to really study the rules. Most games after a relatively short time, it all just pops and you have a real good understanding of how to get high scores. After reading all these posts, it sounds...complicated.

That’s the beauty of this game. It’s very simple on the surface. Get your band together and start a song. It’s as complex as you want it to be. Lots of layers. You’ll get it quickly.

I think Keith learned a bit from POTC offering 22 character choices before you plunge the first ball. That’s not as approachable.

#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

It's great for all levels of play! I have two decenter players in my house, one in the middle, and two novice players. Well all love it for different reasons!

#4008 3 years ago

This is my first NIB JJP game. I k is with stern it is recommended to replace the balls. What’s the thoughts with JJP?

#4009 3 years ago

Is there anything anyone recommends doing to playfield out of box? Either any particular protecters or cleaning?

#4010 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

What’s the thoughts with JJP?

I'd have new ones handy in case they magnetize quick.

Quoted from bridgeman:

Either any particular protecters or cleaning?

I like to clean the easy to reach areas and give it a coat of wax and let it rip.

LTG : )

#4011 3 years ago

Are there any magnets in this game?

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Isn’t there one at the top of the playfield that drops the ball down to quality Axel?

#4013 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Quoted from Skyemont:

Isn’t there one at the top of the playfield that drops the ball down to quality Axel?

Skyemont is correct. There is 1 Exposed Core Playfield Magnet located above the X in the AXL letters at the backstage area / top rollovers.

jjp-gnr-magnet-location (resized).jpgjjp-gnr-magnet-location (resized).jpg

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I like to clean the easy to reach areas and give it a coat of wax and let it rip.

Loyd you are Great! Thanks for the information.

#4015 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ninja sells carbon based ones that don’t magnetize. I used those in my DE GNR. Have you tried these?

#4016 3 years ago

I just realized I bought the wrong ones.

I forgot about that magnet.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ninja sells carbon based ones that don’t magnetize. I used those in my DE GNR. Have you tried these?

#4017 3 years ago

#193 checking in! Now I just need to figure out the rules. Played a couple of games and have no idea what is going on.

38B2EC66-78CF-4052-A194-609CACE817D9 (resized).jpeg38B2EC66-78CF-4052-A194-609CACE817D9 (resized).jpeg
#4018 3 years ago

Congrats. I’d appreciate if all new owners post their pins with a polite “Frank here”

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

#193 checking in! Now I just need to figure out the rules. Played a couple of games and have no idea what is going on.
[quoted image]

Dang that thing is beautiful.

#4020 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

[quoted image]

LMK when you do, I've had my game since it first came out and I still haven't figured it out! I basically go for locking as many balls in the guitar as I can, collecting whatever patches I can and maybe shooting the band member shots some extra times before I start a song. I don't think I've had a game over 15 million yet but I bet if I knew what the hell I was doing I would have plenty! Oh well, when I figure things out more it'll be that much more fun...

What album cover did you get on your spinner???

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

LMK when you do, I've had my game since it first came out and I still haven't figured it out! I basically go for locking as many balls in the guitar as I can, collecting whatever patches I can and maybe shooting the band member shots some extra times before I start a song. I don't think I've had a game over 15 million yet but I bet if I knew what the hell I was doing I would have plenty! Oh well, when I figure things out more it'll be that much more fun...

Not one mention of the booster modes. If you want a big song you need lights, pyro, amps, and crowd. If not you will have weenie scores.

#4022 3 years ago

Man this game just gets better the more I play. Has anyone else noticed some of the call outs in homage to earlier JJP pins. In one game today, as I was repeatedly pressing the action button to find the patch I wanted, Melissa says, “there’s no more gold!” From POTC. Now, that is awesome!!

#4023 3 years ago

Ball is getting hung up on the auto plunge often and multiple balls are getting stuck in there during multiballs. Thoughts? Seems like it should be an easy adjustment. Also had a small issue with my shooter rod not plunging the ball hard enough. Turns out the whole shooter rod assembly was loose and tightened the 3 screws that hold it on and now that is much better. Just need to figure out how to prevent these balls from getting stuck on the side of the auto plunge.

8C3E0985-A691-4DE0-8EF7-1E78C1A67171 (resized).jpeg8C3E0985-A691-4DE0-8EF7-1E78C1A67171 (resized).jpeg
#4024 3 years ago

This helped to at least get me going in the right direction:

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Man this game just gets better the more I play. Has anyone else noticed some of the call outs in homage to earlier JJP pins. In one game today, as I was repeatedly pressing the action button to find the patch I wanted, Melissa says, “there’s no more gold!” From POTC. Now, that is awesome!!

That’s freakin hilarious! I haven’t heard that one yet but heard some other good ones. Melissa has some good call outs in this game.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Ball is getting hung up on the auto plunge often and multiple balls are getting stuck in there during multiballs. Thoughts? Seems like it should be an easy adjustment. Also had a small issue with my shooter rod not plunging the ball hard enough. Turns out the whole shooter rod assembly was loose and tightened the 3 screws that hold it on and now that is much better. Just need to figure out how to prevent these balls from getting stuck on the side of the auto plunge.

Plunger tip sticking out too far ? Ball hanging on side of shooter lane switch - is it too high ? Playfield hangers bent and not straight up and down and playfield isn't sitting in the cabinet quite right ?

What is the ball hanging on ?

#4027 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Plunger tip sticking out too far ? Ball hanging on side of shooter lane switch - is it too high ? Playfield hangers bent and not straight up and down and playfield isn't sitting in the cabinet quite right ?

The ball pops into the shooter lane and sometimes it sits in the center of the auto plunge and all is good. But sometimes it sits just left of the auto plunge and then doesnt plunge into the playfield.

It seems like the auto plunge needs to move to the left a little so the ball doesnt get stuck to the left of it.

#4028 3 years ago

Yes possibly the shooter lane switch is too high.

#4029 3 years ago

Use Your Illusion II

#4030 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thx my friend. Always nice when a community can help each other put. The shooter lane switch was too high. Bent it a bit do it would sit lower and Im golden now. Thx!! Game is much more fun now.

#4031 3 years ago

I wonder how Eric is going to feel winning game if the year with this masterpiece?

#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not one mention of the booster modes. If you want a big song you need lights, pyro, amps, and crowd. If not you will have weenie scores.

Okay thanks for the tips!

#4033 3 years ago

I am moving and downsizing my collection. I sold off my MMr, MB, BM66LE and SWLE. Even though I am trying to downsize the G&R interests me. I have never owned a JJP game and haven't even really played too many. What are the thoughts on G&R adding to my collection? I was ok with letting the MMr and MB go because I still have AFM. Is there a long wait right now if I ordered one? I would be looking at getting them LE.

#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

This helped to at least get me going in the right direction:
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

I meant to print this out a couple weeks ago and never got around to it.
So thanks for the reminder.

This will definitely help!

Thanks again.

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am moving and downsizing my collection. I sold off my MMr, MB, BM66LE and SWLE. Even though I am trying to downsize the G&R interests me. I have never owned a JJP game and haven't even really played too many. What are the thoughts on G&R adding to my collection? I was ok with letting the MMr and MB go because I still have AFM. Is there a long wait right now if I ordered one? I would be looking at getting them LE.

From what I understand March might be your ship date assuming you go LE

JJP games are absolutely deep and amazing to play.
Lately my D.I. is a favorite but I love them all.

Get one you'll be hooked IMO

#4036 3 years ago

hopefully have mine in January; just wondering if I need to have anything for it, cliffies parts etc?

Neil.

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:I am moving and downsizing my collection. I sold off my MMr, MB, BM66LE and SWLE. Even though I am trying to downsize the G&R interests me. I have never owned a JJP game and haven't even really played too many. What are the thoughts on G&R adding to my collection? I was ok with letting the MMr and MB go because I still have AFM. Is there a long wait right now if I ordered one? I would be looking at getting them LE.

I'm not the biggest GNR fan but I do like a few of their songs .
After putting a couple of hours on the game , it is totally awesome .
JJP put so much effort into their games , besides the theme integration ( the world under glass ) the deep rules , extra LCD screen , the best video animations , amazing lighting and excellent sound .
I really like all the quality details which put them over the top , like the chunky full length rails under the Playfield , the on off switch where it should be , the service menu where it will show you a picture of the Playfield and will light up with every switch you touch , headphone jack , no chipboard in the bottom of the cabinet , a proper Lockdown bar , besides the SE's they all come with a shaker motor and invisi glass .
GNR's all come with Bluetooth and internet connectivity and also Scorebit for free so you can play people anywhere .
If you like Guns N Roses you can't go wrong but I would still play it first , to make sure that it's for you .

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

[quoted image]

Make sure the wire hanger thing is as straight as possible. I had the same issue. I removed it and bent it so it was straight.

#4039 3 years ago

So got to wizard mode, hit about 8-10 shots and then it timed out. Guess what my score for the wizard mode was.

#4040 3 years ago

12?

Quoted from manadams:

So got to wizard mode, hit about 8-10 shots and then it timed out. Guess what my score for the wizard mode was.

#4041 3 years ago

Some strategy for those that focus on finishing the game. The only album mode you cannot time out is "tear down the wall" so leave it for last and bring the use your illusion II patch into it.

#4042 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The not in this lifetime wizard mode? I didn’t even know it was coded in yet haha. The deeper modes in the game definitely need some fluff and polish from choreography to rules to sounds to scoring.

#4043 3 years ago

Close haha. 230,000 big ones.

#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The not in this lifetime wizard mode? I didn’t even know it was coded in yet haha. The deeper modes in the game definitely need some fluff and polish from choreography to rules to sounds to scoring.

It's called something different when you get there. Maybe it's just a placeholder until the real one is programed.

#4045 3 years ago

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but I cannot get GNR to connect to my network. It recognizes it and I accepted the agreement
It keeps saying failure to connect. Signal is good.

Anyone else have an issue.

#4046 3 years ago

Looking to get a pair of purple lighted flipper buttons. What company makes the nicest purple that would match the CE? Somebody here posted before red ones on the LE which looked great.

#4047 3 years ago

Approx 20-25 seconds left in the song. Rockit meter Max’s; encore can potentially bring an additional 5-30 mil points or more. What do you do? What. Do. You. Do?

7B6F75C2-0E89-485D-81B7-0C940690ECB6 (resized).jpeg7B6F75C2-0E89-485D-81B7-0C940690ECB6 (resized).jpeg
#4048 3 years ago

Some of the best parts to the code so far can be divided into 10 parts to help you learn the game.

1) collect each band member, lock 0-6 balls, start and collect 0-4 multiball modes - {Light/Pyro/Amps/Crowd} - and start a song at scoop.

2) learn how to select a song using left flipper to switch among albums and the right flipper to move within album.

3) during any song, try to last 3 min to light album. Drain and you must start again at step 1, but the total song time accrues by album.

4) learn how to start 4 insert moltiballs - Light/Pyro/Amps/Crowd - and how to collect JP’s/SJP’s.

5) collect patches and learn what they do. Lies is needed for Patience etc. You can select an active patch at any time with action button and it will stay until changed with button or it is collected.

6) during song you also collect band members in a specific order. This is shown on bottom of main screen - which band member is active AND which one is next. So while you are playing the mode, you will also be collecting members to build your meter and if you collect all members on a single ball, you start encore mode. If you do poorly you are booed and the flippers die and you lose ball.

7) During a song, your primary objectives are divided into modes which are separated by a trip to scoop to collect points, add a ball and/or continue. The mode may involve hitting x shots in any order AND often these shots will cycle. Say the lit shots are on the right and left orbits and the game gives a callout to shoot right orbit. But then the light on right orbit shifts left to right album target and then left again to the right ramp and then to the left album target and repeat. You will not get all those callout or it would sound horrible. The left side lighting is doing the same pattern on the left hand shots. You have multiball going and balls are approaching both flippers.

So your two lit targets on left and right sides are cycling and you are trying to collect lit shots while you are also trying to collect the band members fast enough, not to get booed off the stage. Songs usually have a hurry up shot and a good opportunity to add balls into play during multiball.

8.) After 3 min you’ve qualified an album and it is started at scoop. Learn to play album modes.

9.) try watching the video and enjoying the light shows while playing.

10) Start wizard mode and learn to play it.

It sounds more complicated than it is and it turns out to be intuitive to learn. An example of how logical the game plays is qualifying your first song usually requires 1 hit to each member. The second song you qualify requires 2 hits each etc. You can start with step 1 and have loads of fun. Learn more steps as you want to progress. I haven’t mentioned one word about scoring and it is another whole area of study. This game has it all and it pushes all the right buttons.

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but I cannot get GNR to connect to my network. It recognizes it and I accepted the agreement
It keeps saying failure to connect. Signal is good.
Anyone else have an issue.

Consider checking your router setting/details.
Double check accuracy for router name and password, your router may need to be forced into 2.4G mode.

#4050 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Approx 20-25 seconds left in the song. Rockit meter Max’s; encore can potentially bring an additional 5-30 mil points or more. What do you do? What. Do. You. Do?[quoted image]

I collect the jackpot because I know I'm draining! Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.