image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 568.
#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, belonged to a person vs say a robot? lol

No, I meant to a person, not owned by the company.

LTG : )

#3952 3 years ago

Another (bug?) report:
Extra ball lit - ball bounces up top on the lane posts and the

Quoted from kermit24:

Probably better to report these to JJP direct on Twitter. Theyā€™ve fixed some bugs Iā€™ve reported there already.

Good idea.....ummm whatā€™s Twitter?

#3953 3 years ago

Another bug?
I believe the intent of extra ball is to shoot the middle lane without hitting another switch. If you hit some pops and the ball goes up to the lanes and bounces for a couple seconds on the posts, the extra ball will relight, if the ball goes down the middle lane. Boom - extra ball.

#3954 3 years ago

What is the magic/intended function of the inlane switching with the flipper buttons? Can the upper playfield drain be moved to either GNR, AMP, or JAM?

#3955 3 years ago

I just received Lior's The Art of pinball's G&R shooter and action button surround mods, I did a video about it, check it out on my channel!

DSC00195 (resized).jpgDSC00195 (resized).jpgDSC00200 (resized).jpgDSC00200 (resized).jpg

#3956 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Also try to lock balls up in the guitar lock, because that increases song level also?

I always lock balls before I start the song. It increases the song starting value and it also appears to correlates with the number of balls you get in the song multiball. I'm not 100% certain on that one.

Quoted from knockerlover:

Pyro - this is number of switch hits eventually qualifies the ā€œfuseā€ screen where you hit the action button for jackpot?

Correct, you hit action button for the jackpot during the fuse segments. It appears that hitting the action button earlier is the way to go, but I could be totally wrong. Does letting the fuse expire actually increases the value the next time you get the jackpot/fuse option?

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I always lock balls before I start the song. It increases the song starting value and it also appears to correlates with the number of balls you get in the song multiball. I'm not 100% certain on that one.

Yep. Whatever balls are locked before the song are how many you get in the song to start with.

Quoted from Looprunner:

It appears that hitting the action button earlier is the way to go, but I could be totally wrong.

Should be a meter on the LCD. Hit the button when the fuse is in the middle area for the maximum jackpot value.

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

I just received Lior's The Art of pinball's G&R shooter and action button surround mods, I did a video about it, check it out on my channel!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent video, thanks for posting, looks amazing!

#3959 3 years ago

Iā€™m curious how much your song level increases for each ball locked? Example, I go for a lot of booster jackpots and if I start a song with only 2 or 3 balls, Iā€™ll choose a harder (more accurate shooting song) like you could be mine. Then Iā€™ll use the power chord to add more balls + regular song qualification add a balls. Sometimes works good for those songs that require precision shooting.

#3960 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Probably better to report these to JJP direct on Twitter. Theyā€™ve fixed some bugs Iā€™ve reported there already.

FWIW, I reported a bug for JJPOTC a couple weeks ago to their tech support email ( [email protected] ), and was surprised on how quick of a response I got from Stephen, considering it was middle of the night! He forwarded it on to the development team. Also via email, I was able to attach the audit log dump file as well. I would recommend taking this route, as it would allow for the bug to be documented, tracked, and prioritized into the next release.

Now thinking about this, I wonder if JJP will give the option to "report bug" from their System menu on the machine, since it has wifi capability .That way it can snapshot and send the audit log automatically to them. Have it so that it cc's your registered email (would have to be entered once in the settings), so that you can reply-all with any additional details from your phone or computer.

#3961 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Whatever balls are locked before the song are how many you get in the song to start with.

Should be a meter on the LCD. Hit the button when the fuse is in the middle area for the maximum jackpot value.

But the jackpots don't carry over, correct?

#3962 3 years ago

Everyone leave the felt between the legs and cabinet? I feel like its a little wobbly this way but maybe it's me.

#3963 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

But the jackpots don't carry over, correct?

Carry over to what? The jackpots and progress you make during the booster multiballs, increase the song value when you play a song afterwards.

#3964 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Everyone leave the felt between the legs and cabinet? I feel like its a little wobbly this way but maybe it's me.

They provided it so I would and have used it.

#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Carry over to what? The jackpots and progress you make during the booster multiballs, increase the song value when you play a song afterwards.

I believe I've gotten multiple fuses in one pyro multi-ball. Maybe that's not the case. I was just curious if you let one go if the next one would be much larger.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

FWIW, I reported a bug for JJPOTC a couple weeks ago to their tech support email ( [email protected] ), and was surprised on how quick of a response I got from Stephen, considering it was middle of the night! He forwarded it on to the development team. Also via email, I was able to attach the audit log dump file as well. I would recommend taking this route, as it would allow for the bug to be documented, tracked, and prioritized into the next release.
Now thinking about this, I wonder if JJP will give the option to "report bug" from their System menu on the machine, since it has wifi capability .That way it can snapshot and send the audit log automatically to them. Have it so that it cc's your registered email (would have to be entered once in the settings), so that you can reply-all with any additional details from your phone or computer.

They can access the logs if you are connected via WiFi.

#3967 3 years ago

So a few minor things...

1. The rollover on the GNR inlane seems to be really high or perhaps a bit bent, balls sometimes get caught on it (like the photo attached).
I hit the flippers a few times and the ball slides down the inlane but it obviously ruins some of the flow... any ideas on how to adjust?

2. The guitar pic spinner in the center lane (Richard) often doesn't come back to the proper upright position (and sometimes traps a ball). Is it just a matter of applying a drop of oil? (I've seen the kind mentioned on a forum post before but the name escapes me!)

Had one of the guitar ball locks not drop while playing a game today. Did a test of the coil and wouldn't work... Power cycled the machine and now seems to be fine...not sure if that's anything to keep an eye on as well?

Thanks all!

IMG_20201213_223828 (resized).jpgIMG_20201213_223828 (resized).jpg
#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I believe I've gotten multiple fuses in one pyro multi-ball. Maybe that's not the case. I was just curious if you let one go if the next one would be much larger.

Yeah You can get as many JPs in MB as you know want. The more you get, the more valuable the song mode will be I think.

#3969 3 years ago

Is there anyone that can give more detail to the difference in song value. For example, how much more is the song worth if your song value is 100 compared to a song value of 30? How many more value points do you get by maxing out a booster?

#3970 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

1. The rollover on the GNR inlane seems to be really high or perhaps a bit bent, balls sometimes get caught on it (like the photo attached).

Adjust it a little lower.

Or I had one on Willy Wonka that really stuck up. So I took a fiberboard spacer from an old leaf blade switch stack and put it between the switch bracket and the underside of the playfield. Worked great, no more stuck balls, and didn't have a negative effect on the switch action.

LTG : )

#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Is there anyone that can give more detail to the difference in song value. For example, how much more is the song worth if your song value is 100 compared to a song value of 30? How many more value points do you get by maxing out a booster?

For starting song value: 20 sucks. 70+ Is decent. 100+ is good. 125+ is great. 150+ is amazing.

All of these numbers above directly impact the song jackpot. The song jackpot is driven by how many stages of the song are completed. They increase exponentially as progress is made throughout the song. The longer the song is played combined with the stages completed make the song jackpot what it is. Impossible to say that a specific song level equates to a specific song jackpot.

Throw a ā€œband frenzyā€ in there and the jackpot is boosted even more.

#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For starting song value: 20 sucks. 70+ Is decent. 100+ is good. 125+ is great. 150+ is amazing.
All of these numbers above directly impact the song jackpot. The song jackpot is driven by how many stages of the song are completed. They increase exponentially as progress is made throughout the song. The longer the song is played combined with the stages completed make the song jackpot what it is. Impossible to say that a specific song level equates to a specific song jackpot.
Throw a ā€œband frenzyā€ in there and the jackpot is boosted even more.

Nice. And to add to this, if you can pull off an encore, your song level will carry over into that next song.

I need to learn more about band frenzy. I notice band members flashing during the song, Collect said band member and it seems to light the insert solid. Do that for all members and get band frenzy I believe? What I donā€™t know is what qualifies the band member to start flashing? Is it just based on who you hit first, then hit/collect them again to lock it in?

#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice. And to add to this, if you can pull off an encore, your song level will carry over into that next song.
I need to learn more about band frenzy. I notice band members flashing during the song, Collect said band member and it seems to light the insert solid. Do that for all members and get band frenzy I believe? What I donā€™t know is what qualifies the band member to start flashing? Is it just based on who you hit first, then hit/collect them again to lock it in?

Need keefer to confirm, but my understanding is that certain members are featured during certain points of the doing. For example a drum intro, Frank flashes. You hit Frank etc. Band frenzy starts when you hit the all the band members during their featured parts of the song. Iā€™m not a ā€œtake the glass offā€ guy so I wonā€™t test by cheating. Lol.

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Need keefer to confirm, but my understanding is that certain members are featured during certain points of the doing. For example a drum intro, Frank flashes. You hit Frank etc. Band frenzy starts when you hit the all the band members during their featured parts of the song. Iā€™m not a ā€œtake the glass offā€ guy so I wonā€™t test by cheating. Lol.

Nice. Thatā€™s a really cool rule if thatā€™s how it works.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They can access the logs if you are connected via WiFi.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3976 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So a few minor things...
I hit the flippers a few times and the ball slides down the inlane but it obviously ruins some of the flow... any ideas on how to adjust?
2. The guitar pic spinner in the center lane (Richard) often doesn't come back to the proper upright position (and sometimes traps a ball). Is it just a matter of applying a drop of oil? (I've seen the kind mentioned on a forum post before but the name escapes me!)
Had one of the guitar ball locks not drop while playing a game today. Did a test of the coil and wouldn't work... Power cycled the machine and now seems to be fine...not sure if that's anything to keep an eye on as well?
Thanks all!
[quoted image]

I have the same issues with the rollovers and guitar pick spinner trapping balls. The rollovers I have had to bend so they are straight up. I had this issue with the shooter lane too. It would get stuck on the left side. I also get a ball trapped up by the right pop bumper. I may have to put something on the Playfield or adjust sensivity of the pop if that is possible. This isn't too much of an issue since it will pop the coil after about 20 seconds of no activity. .

#3977 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is infinitely more likely we'll see the twitter ones, but usually at least someone catches stuff reported here. This one was relayed to me this morning.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you hit some pops and the ball goes up to the lanes and bounces for a couple seconds on the posts, the extra ball will relight, if the ball goes down the middle lane. Boom - extra ball.

There are limits to our cruelty.

Quoted from kermit24:

This is basically it. The featured member and "next up" featured member are in the bottom right of the song display.

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It is infinitely more likely we'll see the twitter ones, but usually at least someone catches stuff reported here. This one was relayed to me this morning.

This is basically it. The featured member and "next up" featured member are in the bottom right of the song display.

G'day Keith
Any chance of having a setting for not shooting the ball out of the scoop until you want .
So you can go get a beer or take a piss .

#3979 3 years ago

I got my bright mods LED Flipper buttons today , they came really quickly and I paid for the cheapest delivery option .
I know it's not a big deal but it's going to be a long wait for my machine , so I have to get excited about the little things .
I hope they don't come with a side of Corona because I'd hate to be the guy that introduces it back into our state .

IMG20201218134936 (resized).jpgIMG20201218134936 (resized).jpg
#3980 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So a few minor things...
Thanks all!
[quoted image]

On the guitar pick spinner issue, mine would sometimes come to rest in an almost horizontal position, allowing the ball to pass underneath it. Turns out the bracket holding the spinner needed to be bent down a hair on one side. The bracket was bent causing the spinner to bind ever so slightly.

#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So a few minor things...

[quoted image]

I'm the last bloke to give maintenance advice, but it looks to me as if the wire for the inlane is pushed up against the left side.
May just be camera angle, but may be a clue too.

#3982 3 years ago

Sweet rule.
Here it is in case anyone is wondering. 2 member icons shown, the big one in the bottom right is the active one to qualify band frenzy, the smaller one to the left of it is the ā€˜nextā€™ member qualification. Thanks Keefer!

09A38F01-7EC4-41FE-948D-2D2B792F6CEC (resized).jpeg09A38F01-7EC4-41FE-948D-2D2B792F6CEC (resized).jpeg

ROFL!

#3983 3 years ago

What is the process for unlocking patience? I've done it once but have no idea how I did it. By the way.....I would pay up to add more songs. This is how it should be done. Let these machines keep making more money over time.....

#3984 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

What is the process for unlocking patience? I've done it once but have no idea how I did it. By the way.....I would pay up to add more songs. This is how it should be done. Let these machines keep making more money over time.....

You just need to collect the GNR Lies Album patch.

#3985 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thereā€™s a patch that unlocks patience.

As for the other comment. The problem is that companyā€™s will develop games with that intent prior to release, and theyā€™ve been doing just that! Pinside and podcasts have been doing everything in their power to help pinball companyā€™s rip us off even further, and it worked. We have a $600 topper that unlocks a mode (JP). We have a kit that unlocks lighting and artwork effects (STH). We have a freakin $1000 plastic topper (Elvira). $10 says stern has something up their sleeve for Zep - itā€™s probably a $1500 topper to unlock stairway to heaven or something along those lines. Do we really need DLC in pinball when they cost $6k-$10k.

We have 21 songs and one of the most beautiful (and best) pins ever developed, save the scams for stern and their 10 song zizzle-like music pins. Letā€™s leave the classy design intents to JJP, Spooky, and API.

#3986 3 years ago

I'm absolutely fine with the songs that are in the game. There is a lot of code in here already and I'm sure when the album modes are beefed up it will be even better.

#3987 3 years ago

So you have to unlock patience? Are there other songs you have to unlock? Once unlocked is it only available for that single game or forever unlocked like end of line on Metallica?

#3988 3 years ago

Lies, @keefer. Lies. Looking at Joe, too. And Eric.

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So you have to unlock patience? Are there other songs you have to unlock? Once unlocked is it only available for that single game or forever unlocked like end of line on Metallica?

Only song you have to unlock and it's just for a single game.

#3990 3 years ago

I love unlocking patience to earn that song.
It would be cool to unlock another after so many encores in the game/ patches etc.
Brutal but right in line with the risk/reward aspect that I enjoy about this game.

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thereā€™s a patch that unlocks patience.
As for the other comment. The problem is that companyā€™s will develop games with that intent prior to release, and theyā€™ve been doing just that! Pinside and podcasts have been doing everything in their power to help pinball companyā€™s rip us off even further, and it worked. We have a $600 topper that unlocks a mode (JP). We have a kit that unlocks lighting and artwork effects (STH). We have a freakin $1000 plastic topper (Elvira). $10 says stern has something up their sleeve for Zep - itā€™s probably a $1500 topper to unlock stairway to heaven or something along those lines. Do we really need DLC in pinball when they cost $6k-$10k.
We have 21 songs and one of the most beautiful (and best) pins ever developed, save the scams for stern and their 10 song zizzle-like music pins. Letā€™s leave the classy design intents to JJP, Spooky, and API.

All fair points....but I would buy more if I could. But that's just me. lol. How about a monthly subscription? Kidding......

#3992 3 years ago

What are you guys averaging for scores?

I think the difficult part for me to love about this game is how much pre-game work you need to put in before you start a song. When that happens naturally I love the game, when it doesn't It can be cumbersome.

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I think the difficult part for me to love about this game is how much pre-game work you need to put in before you start a song. When that happens naturally I love the game, when it doesn't It can be cumbersome.

Somewhere between 1,500 and 10,000,000.

#3994 3 years ago

I think most casual players will just start a song right away and have fun. As far as scores, I consider anything below 3M pretty bad for me, but I've had plenty of sub 1M crappers. Average game time is 6:30. I usually can get 8-10M every 5 games or so. GC is 45M and it takes around 14M to get on the board. All settings default and tilt is not loose.

#3995 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Somewhere between 1,500 and 10,000,000.

Yeah, I think I need to tame my expectations. I have quite a few 1500 point games and feel like I'm conquering the world at 4 or 5 million I've had maybe 3 games at 10 mil or over.

#3996 3 years ago

Yeah, I think I need to tame my expectations. I have quite a few 1500 point games and feel like I'm conquering the world at 4 or 5k. I've had maybe 3 games at 10k or over.

Maybe you left a zero off?

#3997 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe you left a zero off?

I did!! 1.5 mil.

#3998 3 years ago

Yeah, I think I need to tame my expectations. I have quite a few 1500 point games and feel like I'm conquering the world at 4 or 5k. I've had maybe 3 games at 10k or over.

You have to build up those boosters, jackpots, and locks to get a big score. I've had a 16 million point game. I actually missed an 8 million point jackpot on that game as well. However; I've mostly had lower scores around 500k to 3 million, with the occasional stinker. I can't seem to put 3-5 good balls together in one game. It's all in the boosters!

#3999 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

You have to build up those boosters, jackpots, and locks to get a big score. I've had a 16 million point game. I actually missed an 8 million point jackpot on that game as well. However; I've mostly had lower scores around 500k to 3 million, with the occasional stinker. I can't seem to put 3-5 good balls together in one game. It's all in the boosters!

Missing the huge song jackpots kills me! That one time draining a November Rain 30+M song jackpot had me screaming noooooooooo.

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think most casual players will just start a song right away and have fun.

There are 5 people in my family that play pinball on a regular basis. 3 of them are casual players. The casual players just want that song! The fact that it'll light up on that last ball is perfect for them. They love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/80?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.