IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 567.
#301 3 years ago

Spotify playlist of all of the GnR songs in the game. Donā€™t think I have seen it anywhere else but apologize if a duplicate with someone elseā€™s work.

#jjp-guns-n-roses-ce Guns N' Roses (LE) Guns N' Roses (SE)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2UInWuy6ILD7qYA5S4Bbij?si=wkcMImF4TP6WmGNPg3q_Vg

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm starting to be legitimately worried about the amount of multiball time in the game. So far, all the footage I see is start a song, play a long multiball with more than generous ball save times. I want multiball to be an achievement thats earned and rewarding, not the majority of my game. If this is the case, gameplay could get exhaustingly repetitive very fast.

Turn ball saves off. Fixes the problem. If you have a bad start In multiball you are done

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

Turn ball saves off. Fixes the problem. If you have a bad start In multiball you are done

Depending on how many/long the multiballs are from the factory, this may be a great option. Although, ballsave at initial plunge is nice occasionally

#304 3 years ago

Depending on how many/long the multiballs are from the factory, this may be a great option. Although, ballsave at initial plunge is nice occasionally

I believe normal ball save and multiball ball save are separate adjustments.

#305 3 years ago

Serious question, is every mode that is tied to starting a song a MB? For how much I like what Iā€™m seeing, that is a major concern.

#306 3 years ago

Any drummers on here want to adjust those hi-hat cymbals or is it just me? I feel like that's way too much gap between cymbals. lol. Serious question.....I wonder how the drum sticks will wear over time.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

Home set-up of any pinball IMHO needs ball saves off.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Serious question, is every mode that is tied to starting a song a MB? For how much I like what Iā€™m seeing, that is a major concern.

I'm a bit concerned as well, but this seems like something that if enough people complain about could be adjusted by settings or code updates. I'm guessing this is to appeal to the non-pinhead. They can get some excitement on one credit.

I've mentioned this several times before and I'm not sure why it's never been implemented. It would be nice to have an easy option, at least in free play mode. On the very rare occasion that my wife will play, it's 3 quick balls and done. I think my kids would play more as well if they had an easy leaderboard. Player one plays with a handicap, player 2 normal (or extra hard) rules.

#309 3 years ago

so LE buyers - seems like a limited bunch is getting it this week? Or are majority getting very soon? I'm bummed b/c apparently "a few weeks" for me.

#310 3 years ago

I'm in on CE.. don't have number yet.. had to go directly to JJP.. after finding about no definitive allocation from my usual distro.

#311 3 years ago

So for the most important question, has anybody inquired about playfield protectors?

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

From what I saw I would turn multiball ball save off right away. And encores letting you have a ball save AND an add a ball? Jesus, turn that off too.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So for the most important question, has anybody inquired about playfield protectors?

To each their own, but, you couldnt give me one of those for free. Clean and wax your playfield, change out worn balls, replace rubbers when needed and you'll be fine. These machines are meant to be played.

#314 3 years ago

Must admit the videos shown so far do raise concerns regarding the multi ball feature in song modes. Iā€™m guessing the idea is that during a song all band members are active hence lots of balls in play? The Buffalo stream should answer some questions.

1. How much of the game takes place outside of songs. From what I have read of the rules you donā€™t need to complete multiple songs to progress to wizard modes. So if the song modes are just an additional rather the primary objective maybe the multi ball heavy focus wonā€™t be such an issue. Maybe itā€™s a case that on an average game you only playing one maybe two songs , with the rest of the time focused on other sub modes/objectives.

2. From reading the rules I was under the impression that any song can be stacked into a multi ball. For the le/ce this would be based on how many physical balls where locked prior to starting the song, for standard balls would be virtually locked. However when watching the short video above, itā€™s clear that additional balls where added to the start of the song then the two held in the guitar lock. I can see the rules working if the number of balls you lock prior to starting the song determines the balls in play. This makes sense in terms of risk reward I.e do you go for more ball locks then activate song. However if it just spits out 6 balls at the start of each song regardless that would be concerning.

3. 100% agree with other posts regarding the ball save time and the seemingly unlimited add a balls in the song mode. It came across as though the player had to actively try drain in order to end the game. Maybe not Iā€™m not getting the complexity of the rules but from the video the game just kept spitting balls continuously into play. Even when balls had been locked in the guitar , the play didnā€™t return to single ball, the machine just kept shooting more from the trough. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something as the video just did not make sense from a typical multi ball progression.

4. The rock meter is aimed at punishing players for trapping up during multi ball which hey thatā€™s fine, force players to change play style. But donā€™t compensate by giving them unlimited balls in play. This doesnā€™t encourage playing on the fly, it just removes any skillful approach to shot making.

The only thing I can bank on is that keefer is a extremely good player and rules designer. With this knowledge I am sure that there is something Iā€™m missing some context or nuisance that has not come across in the gameplay videos posted so far. I doubt the game will be a continuous multi ball flail. Either songs are few and far between or the song modes we have seen are been shown out of context I.e the player did a lot of work to load balls prior to commencing the song.

For myself the one major take away is that you cannot deny the atmosphere the game is creating. The light , audio, display integration is simply on another level. It really feels like a concert is going on live before your eyes. As long as the rules are implemented so that there is enough downtime in single ball play to build up to these big song multi ball moments I think it will all work well.

#315 3 years ago

There is a buffalo pinball unboxing video on youtube.
You can see that the november rain is a singel ball mode, but then he got an add-a-ball and the mode became a multiball.

I would like to see a setting to turn all those multiballs off. This game will end up as a forever multiball game. I donā€™t want that.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care how many game launches I've watched, I will never understand people throwing over $12,000 at a game without even seeing real gameplay, let alone trying it for themselves.
It's a phenomenal package. I saw the press kit last Friday and had to bite my tongue from saying a word about it, because I really was impressed by what I saw. And if you're just a wealthy collector and not a player that's cool, it's your money.
But all I've seen so far is one kick ass package. As far as how it shoots and plays? No clue. Light shows, theme integration, and loving design aren't the same as great gameplay. (LCD looking pretty sweet too. I assume it's still JP doing that?)
Keefer is a great player and thoughtful programmer, but that doesn't mean the vision of this game will line up with what you're looking for. Im with SKB, I really hope it's not a multiball fest. Maybe it's supposed to appeal to more casual players by giving them lots of long playing balls to flail at, I dunno.
Hey, all you whales out there, throw your money at new games and keep the hobby afloat, I'm down. But I hope the gameplay can keep up with everything else the game shows and it's not just eye candy.

I almost feel like pinball today with so many ball save timer, add a ball, extra ball, ball save in a Multiball!!! Why itā€™s a Multiball donā€™t give super long grace period. Itā€™s like youā€™re going to be in ball save or Multiball much of the time and donā€™t forget out lane ball save mode on top. Youā€™ll never get out of this concert.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I almost feel like pinball today with so many ball save timer, add a ball, extra ball, ball save in a Multiball!!!

You forgot :

ALL the Shots are JACKPOTS!!!

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care how many game launches I've watched, I will never understand people throwing over $12,000 at a game without even seeing real gameplay, let alone trying it for themselves.
It's a phenomenal package. I saw the press kit last Friday and had to bite my tongue from saying a word about it, because I really was impressed by what I saw. And if you're just a wealthy collector and not a player that's cool, it's your money.
But all I've seen so far is one kick ass package. As far as how it shoots and plays? No clue. Light shows, theme integration, and loving design aren't the same as great gameplay. (LCD looking pretty sweet too. I assume it's still JP doing that?)
Keefer is a great player and thoughtful programmer, but that doesn't mean the vision of this game will line up with what you're looking for. Im with SKB, I really hope it's not a multiball fest. Maybe it's supposed to appeal to more casual players by giving them lots of long playing balls to flail at, I dunno.
Hey, all you whales out there, throw your money at new games and keep the hobby afloat, I'm down. But I hope the gameplay can keep up with everything else the game shows and it's not just eye candy.

This has been said a bazillion times. At somepoint people need to get over the fact that the hobby moves fast these days. There's alot of buyers out there that are willing to put money down to get a game in their home. Turns out COVID is probably fueling this movement, not stopping it. If they don't like it, they sell it. A little loss is acceptable.

This is a big money hobby folks, like it or not. Nothing is going to take it backwards until sales drop.

Do we really need to act mystified anymore?

#319 3 years ago

SE on order

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm holding out for the drum stick protectors...

#321 3 years ago

The true limited edition. Congrats! I have a sneaky suspicion the SE may be the better player for players who like speed and chaos.

#322 3 years ago

So each machine will have a random platinum spinning record. Bet Pinside will have a value associated with each record. Like LE for sale. Appetite For Destruction version.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

So each machine will have a random platinum spinning record. Bet Pinside will have a value associated with each record. Like LE for sale. Appetite For Destruction version.

Owners with Spaghetti Incident or Chinese Democracy will be treated like peasants

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Same here, I was about to order one then saw these concerning endless multiballs and decided to hold on until I can play the game.

I like multiballs but not to the point of overdosing on them.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Owners with Spaghetti Incident or Chinese Democracy will be treated like peasants

As they should. Best if they just scratch it out...

#326 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the drumsticks will be cleared? I am thinking it may be a good idea to remove them and clear them or just add more if already done to help with wear from the balls travelling down them???

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They say they will offer stickers later to pick what you want, but if they donā€™t I bet you right.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Does anyone know if the drumsticks will be cleared? I am thinking it may be a good idea to remove them and clear them or just add more if already done to help with wear from the balls travelling down them???

Can't wait to hear about drumstick dimpling.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Serious question.....I wonder how the drum sticks will wear over time.

I'm thinking I would probably replace the signed sticks with some unsigned sticks, then send the signed sticks to Kruzman for a good clearcoat or just keep them safe in the cabinet.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

send the signed sticks to Kruzman for a good clearcoat o

That's a great idea! If I get my CE soon enough, I can ship them so he can ship them back with my 2 PF's

#331 3 years ago

LE Number 225 coming home!

8CA3D6D7-E36C-43BB-85B8-BA97380C34D2 (resized).jpeg8CA3D6D7-E36C-43BB-85B8-BA97380C34D2 (resized).jpeg
#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I'm betting Eric thought about this...

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

LE Number 225 coming home!
[quoted image]

Where'd you get it??

#335 3 years ago

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.

IMG_5846 (resized).jpgIMG_5846 (resized).jpg
#336 3 years ago

I think those guys may be my new go to. I'm in knoxville and can drive down there no problem. I'm tired of distros dragging their heels on individual orders.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House.

Congratulations ! Couldn't happen to a nicer Dave !

LTG : )

#338 3 years ago

Question for those of you that have had Pins shipped via DLS Worldwide. Actually looks like Fedex LTL is the shipper, DLS is arranging it.
Showing a status of booked, and ETA of 10/9. Is the ETA of when they're picking it up or when I should see it?
Status ETA
Booked 10/09/2020 10:00 AM

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

GnR in the House. Loving it so far. If you like the band you got a game and a back stage pass with this theme. Amazing work Eric and JJP Team.
[quoted image]

Dave, last time I was at your house I think one of my keys fell off of my key ring and went underneath one of your machines.

Ok, if I come by after work today to look for that?

Nice!
Congrats!!!

Hope mine arrives soon!

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Question for those of you that have had Pins shipped via DLS Worldwide. Actually looks like Fedex LTL is the shipper, DLS is arranging it.
Showing a status of booked, and ETA of 10/9. Is the ETA of when they're picking it up or when I should see it?
Status ETA

Last game I had shipped with Fedex LTL the 'ETA' date was the day it got to my local depot. I think that day was when they called to have someone bring it to the house, which was a business day or 2 later.

#341 3 years ago

Wow.. congrats to JJP.. not only announce a game.. BUT.. also be able to deliver in less than 24 hours.. awesome.. hoping this is the way forward from now on..

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Status ETA

EDIT: misread the post.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Did u try connecting a sound bar to the game? interested in hearing if that works

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did u try connecting a sound bar to the game? interested in hearing if that works

Bluetooth sound bar might be a good option

#345 3 years ago

Looks like there is a mantis style protector on the center scoop. Can anyone confirm/shed some light on this?

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No because I just got it and a sound bar is the last concern right now lol. Have a group coming over tonight so they can just listen to it regular loud.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Looks like there is a mantis style protector on the center scoop. Can anyone confirm/shed some light on this?

Looks like it but hardly needed to be honest as the ball barely drops an inch. Seems to work fine with what they provided no complaints.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like it but hardly needed to be honest as the ball barely drops an inch. Seems to work fine with what they provided no complaints.

Hey Yelobird how's the pin shoot?

#349 3 years ago

To each their own, but, you couldnt give me one of those for free. Clean and wax your playfield, change out worn balls, replace rubbers when needed and you'll be fine. These machines are meant to be played.

Amen x 1000

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm holding out for the drum stick protectors...

LOL! That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the drum sticks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/7?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.