IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 567.
#3901 3 years ago

Hmm! Not sure how that image got included?!

#3902 3 years ago

Also, I wanted to mention that my leg levelers were in the coin box. Not sure if anyone had this issue. I had extra leg levelers but if I didn’t it would have been a bit more challenging to set up.

#3903 3 years ago

My leg levelers were in the coin box too.

#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Wo for those of you getting 25M and 50M point scores? What’s your strategy? So far I’ve only been able to squeeze out 10M max.

Boosters. Get lots of jackpots with the 4 booster multiballs before you start the song. 10M for a song really isn’t that bad. Do 3 of those and you are in business.

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m hearing rumors the CE’s will be in the line by or before the 20th of Dec. OMG if this is true.

The 20th is this Sunday and they just showed more SEs on the line yesterday.

#3906 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Boosters. Get lots of jackpots with the 4 booster multiballs before you start the song. 10M for a song really isn’t that bad. Do 3 of those and you are in business.

Yeah I’ve been focusing on the four boosters, and getting the maxed.. not necessarily “lots of jackpots” but are you saying even above and maxed there is benefit?

Any particular songs better than others? I find jungle and sweet child the most lucrative. Also I think the carnage mode is kind of easy backhanding the ramps over and over.

#3907 3 years ago

Yeah I’ve been focusing on the four boosters, and getting the maxed.. not necessarily “lots of jackpots” but are you saying even above and maxed there is benefit?
Any particular songs better than others? I find jungle and sweet child the most lucrative. Also I think the carnage mode is kind of easy backhanding the ramps over and over.

I do best on paradise city (i think it’s mainly ramps and loops).
‘You could be mine’ is tough because it’s usually just one shot lit.
I also like ‘Estranged’ as it has lots of shots to go for.
‘November rain’ is good if you have all 6 balls locked - switch based song.

Some other song strategies:
If you’re down to 2 balls during a song, go for the power chord as that’ll add a ball, then collect the scoop for next album level and boom, just like that you’re back up to 4-balls.
If you have too many balls at the flippers with the ball saver active, just let some drain (no penalty for that......yet).

More scoring stratgies:
Go for patches. This is the hardest part of the game right now as it takes more time to learn the patch locations to toggle quickly and remember which sets to go for and/or use a cheat sheet. The Horn, Lights, Amp, Firecracker patch set is by far the best, but also the hardest to pull off - Highest Risk / Highest Reward.
Poster + TShirt could help get to encore better.
Here’s the patch sets, courtesy of kermit24
« Spoiler! Click to reveal.
Patch Set - Benefit
Horn, Lights, Amp, Firecracker = Unlimited Booster Multiball Plays!
Gun, Rose = Welcome to the Jungle and/or Paradise City Scoring Increased
Bra, Underwear = Double Bonus Rest of the Game
IV Bag, EKG = Plus 1 Coma Multiball and Increased Scoring
Truck, Wings, Train = Tour Multiball Increased Scoring
Vater, Marshall, Gibson, Fender = Extra Ball is Lit
Poster, T-shirt = Rock It Meter Flipper Decay Halved
All 4 Albums = 2X Album Levels
»

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Delete the image

#3909 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Stern had lots of potential with Led Zeppelin license, I doubt that they sell the LE’s quick with that art, that does not reach the heels of a JJP Guns N’Roses Limited Edition or Collector’s at all.

5CC8023A-0F99-43A1-AF93-85A10DE43970 (resized).jpeg5CC8023A-0F99-43A1-AF93-85A10DE43970 (resized).jpeg8B83EC55-3EB0-419E-88B7-83E4F7B8A4DD (resized).png8B83EC55-3EB0-419E-88B7-83E4F7B8A4DD (resized).png

#3910 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Stern had lots of potential with Led Zeppelin license, I doubt that they sell the LE’s quick with that art, that does not reach the heels of a JJP Guns N’Roses Limited Edition or Collector’s at all.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern has some fun games but LZ is no comparison to this masterpiece done by Eric. Not even close.

#3911 3 years ago

Saved a lot of money today and plan to purchase those Lior mods with some of it.

#3912 3 years ago

After Seeing the LZ Art . All These Models Just Blow LZ outta the water !!! Damn The CE Owners are going to Be Loving them

#3913 3 years ago

Yes maxing the booster is one part. Number of jackpots is another. Jackpots are very important. Status screen shows it. These boosters and jackpots with 3 balls locked has a starting Song Level of 141, which is very high.

4FB9B874-7C89-4FF6-8716-78CE86D2783A (resized).jpeg4FB9B874-7C89-4FF6-8716-78CE86D2783A (resized).jpeg
#3914 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

They were supposed to be on line last week.. and this week..

Says Pinside, Not JJP.

#3915 3 years ago

Good news! Distributor called me tonight. My LE is 2 weeks away so things are moving! Wasn’t even tempted by LZ in the least.

#3916 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

ahhhh, troll post. Lifes short, go and watch the sunset.

#3917 3 years ago

Lior strikes again! Cannot express how blown away I am by his latest creations. The attention to detail is mind boggling.

IMG_0486 (resized).jpegIMG_0486 (resized).jpegIMG_0492 (resized).jpegIMG_0492 (resized).jpegIMG_0494 (resized).jpegIMG_0494 (resized).jpegIMG_0495 (resized).jpegIMG_0495 (resized).jpegIMG_0499 (resized).jpegIMG_0499 (resized).jpeg
#3918 3 years ago

New EU prices make an LE cost approx $15’620. The SE is a few dollars short of what the CE’s msrp price in the states was originally.

Good thing I couldn’t get a CE from them on launch day, and found a US Distributor with one the day after release. Otherwise I’d either be crying about it for years, or worse, cancelling my order. Wondering if everyone in Europe is just going to cough up the difference, or maybe some cancellations are taking place for the CE’s there? Mmm

F82C8873-12AF-427E-AA37-D5342414A0B5 (resized).pngF82C8873-12AF-427E-AA37-D5342414A0B5 (resized).png
#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

New EU prices make an LE cost approx $15’620. The SE is a few dollars short of what the CE’s msrp price in the states was originally.
Good thing I couldn’t get a CE from them on launch day, and found a US Distributor with one the day after release. Otherwise I’d either be crying about it for years, or worse, cancelling my order. Wondering if everyone in Europe is just going to cough up the difference, or maybe some cancellations are taking place for the CE’s there? Mmm
[quoted image]

I´m not going to pay 25% extra to airbus.

Rather waiting hoping it will end, if it doesnt, i will talk with friends in norway, investigating whether it is possible to buy games as used from norway.

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

It’s part of pin ownership. All companies have issues; it’s how they deal with the issues that set them apart

Any thoughts on JJP vs Chicago vs Stern? Anyone you avoid?

#3921 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Any thoughts on JJP vs Chicago vs Stern? Anyone you avoid?

They all have great customer support. I’ve dealt with all three and never had an issue, always prompt responses. Just got a part from stern yesterday from a call last week.

#3922 3 years ago

I've never felt better about purchasing a pin as much as I do now after seeing the LZ reveal! Come on CE cannot wait!!!!

#3923 3 years ago

If I was on a desert island and could only listen to One band it would be Led Zeppelin but if I could only play one pin it would be GNR .

#3924 3 years ago

When people say GNR doesn't have flow or no satisfying shots , I totally disagree .
For me , it does have great shots and Flow , if you're able to do it .
If you have a ramp that's so fat you can get it from any Flipper it takes away from the challenge for me .

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I've never felt better about purchasing a pin as much as I do now after seeing the LZ reveal! Come on CE cannot wait!!!!

Damn you think a lot like me. Lol. I don’t have to say a word. I’ll just wait for you to comment.

#3926 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?
Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very normal for red rubber to wear. Consider titanpinball.com for longer lasting replacements.

#3927 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Lior strikes again! Cannot express how blown away I am by his latest creations. The attention to detail is mind boggling.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those mods look amazing. Glad to see someone out there actually taking the time and sculpting items. I’m so sick of seeing all of the cheap ass looking 3D printed mods. It’s like every swinging dick with a 3D printer all of a sudden opened a mod business.

#3928 3 years ago

Those EU prices are criminal

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When people say GNR doesn't have flow or no satisfying shots , I totally disagree .
For me , it does have great shots and Flow , if you're able to do it .
If you have a ramp that's so fat you can get it from any Flipper it takes away from the challenge for me .

200 plays in. The layout is amazing! The synergy with the layout, code, rules, theme, detail, everything...is top notch! You have ramp to ramp, or loop to ramp, or loop to upper loop (repeatable), or ramp to ramp to inner spinner wizzly doo (yea that’s what I’m calling it. You have a ramp diverted on both ramps, an mini playfield that not only is quick and fast (with little to no grind unlike pretty much every mini playfield in pinball) - but 4 strategic options to put the ball - I honestly think this is the best mini playfield in pinball! And I’m not saying that because I’m on a honeymoon....ok maybe I am, but seriously, you can lock balls from the bottom flipper, or you can put the ball in play and literally have 1-5 secs to choose where you want to try and put the ball (Duff Bass ramp, lights target for multiball, lock a ball, or take a GNR letter). Add in the power chord rules during a song multiball for add-a-ball + jackpot and it’s just icing on the cake.

That all said, I’m not going to fluff it too much (too late), the rules still need polish. The upper flipper loop needs some real cool rules/ sound effects for repeating the shot. The album modes need a lot of work. And some other balances are probably needed as well. But, we have Keefer! Mother F’n keefer in our corner! Live and Let Code!

#3930 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

200 plays in. The layout is amazing! The synergy with the layout, code, rules, theme, detail, everything...is top notch! You have ramp to ramp, or loop to ramp, or loop to upper loop (repeatable), or ramp to ramp to inner spinner wizzly doo (yea that’s what I’m calling it. You have a ramp diverted on both ramps, an mini playfield that not only is quick and fast (with little to no grind unlike pretty much every mini playfield in pinball) - but 4 strategic options to put the ball - I honestly think this is the best mini playfield in pinball! And I’m not saying that because I’m on a honeymoon....ok maybe I am, but seriously, you can lock balls from the bottom flipper, or you can put the ball in play and literally have 1-5 secs to choose where you want to try and put the ball (Duff Bass ramp, lights target for multiball, lock a ball, or take a GNR letter). Add in the power chord rules during a song multiball for add-a-ball + jackpot and it’s just icing on the cake.
That all said, I’m not going to fluff it too much (too late), the rules still need polish. The upper flipper loop needs some real cool rules/ sound effects for repeating the shot. The album modes need a lot of work. And some other balances are probably needed as well. But, we have Keefer! Mother F’n keefer in our corner! Live and Let Code!

I was about to give up hope. Based on the LZ thread, GNR shots are shit. Thank you so much. I will keep my order for GNR!

#3931 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was about to give up hope. Based on the LZ thread, GNR shots are shit. Thank you so much. I will keep my order for GNR!

Pinball is fun, I've played quite a few machines and enjoyed some more than others. GnR is the only pin that put a permanent smile on my face the whole time I was playing it. It's fun, I'm not going to over analyze the shots, flow, art, music etc..to me it was instant fun and that's exactly what I want from a machine.

#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Pinball is fun, I've played quite a few machines and enjoyed some more than others. GnR is the only pin that put a permanent smile on my face the whole time I was playing it. It's fun, I'm not going to over analyze the shots, flow, art, music etc..to me it was instant fun and that's exactly what I want from a machine.

That’s the best kind of reveiw!!!

#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?
Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love JJP games, but their flipper rubbers are crap.....I always have to replace mine

#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love JJP games, but their flipper rubbers are crap.....I always have to replace mine

I had a Hobbit BA which I put about 2500 plays on and never had to change the black flipper rubbers, and that game is also multiball heavy, so must be the red rubber.

#3935 3 years ago

My BA still has the original rubbers on it too.

Is the top playfield similar to BKsor? That one is a cracker. Full loops, cannon lock or target.

#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

My leg levelers were in the coin box too.

+ 1

#3937 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Enjoyed reading this. Going to be awhile I think before I get my game so after reading your post, it’s great to know you still enjoy the game after hundreds of play. Gives me hope during the wait.

#3938 3 years ago

Somebody with skills should do a side by side comparison pics of GnR LE and LZ LE playfield and overall view to show the differences in art style!I hope JJP continues to pick and use talented artist

#3939 3 years ago

There's a thread for that if you are interested in that kind of thing.

#3940 3 years ago

Anyone notice a slight bubbling in the cabinet decal on the side under the lock bar? I'm seeing it on both sides. And I actually have it on my Hobbit too which I just noticed. Have to look at it with a flash light to see it.

#3941 3 years ago

Looking for feedback.

So the broad brush big points strategy is..

Get the “Unlimited Booster Multiball Plays!” Patch set (Horn, Lights, Amp, Firecracker). I’ve been doing this mostly by backhanding the left ramp and either taking the return or by letting it drain the through upper playfield exit. (I have noticed some inconsistencies in how many times you have to get G-N-R depending where you score this either the inmost left inlane or up at the stage upper playfield exit)

Basically play each of the booster multi balls until they are maxed, while trying to avoid the song start. (This can be pretty hard)

Lights - hit the ramps (can you just hit the left ramp or do you need to hit the fog target or bass ramp also?). Fog target scores the super?

Pyro - this is number of switch hits eventually qualifies the “fuse” screen where you hit the action button for jackpot?

Amp/Turn it up - Hit hurry ups until one of them awards the jackpot?

Crowd/Noise - Hit skill shots, super jackpot is under the flipper.

—Some amount of jackpots increases the “song level” which makes for larger jackpot values on songs?

Also try to lock balls up in the guitar lock, because that increases song level also?

#3942 3 years ago

All sounds right to me except you can’t start a song while in a booster MB.

#3943 3 years ago

Found a nice souvenir from the assembly line workers. Thanks JJP

BB972D09-50DF-405C-853F-140A32B80283 (resized).jpegBB972D09-50DF-405C-853F-140A32B80283 (resized).jpeg
#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Found a nice souvenir from the assembly line workers

I’d send it back ... not sure if it’s like an auto shop, but often techs buy their own tools. Usually they are the higher end (SnapOn, Mac) and this time of year can be hard.

#3945 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Found a nice souvenir from the assembly line workers.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’d send it back ... not sure if it’s like an auto shop, but often techs buy their own tools. Usually they are the higher end (SnapOn, Mac) and this time of year can be hard.

Yes. Please send it back. Doesn't look like a cheap shop tool. Looks like it belonged to a person.

LTG : )

#3946 3 years ago

If anyone wanted to see what the lighted pinball mods 3d hologram topper on a GNR looks like, here you go. It’s really cool as it cycles through different images and concert footage, extremely life like in person. installation was pretty simple, just take your time and tidy it up nice. I used a little silicone glue to run the wire on the left of the plexiglass out of the way instead of tape and a flat plug extension cable to the front outlet on the right side of the cash box to hook up the power supply, setup the sensor so it turns on/off with the machine from the led light strip in the backbox. I’m liking it and so is the wife, she said ‘wow, did that come with the game?’ ☺️

4193BD4D-13ED-4A0A-893A-DF8A430D6BA7 (resized).jpeg4193BD4D-13ED-4A0A-893A-DF8A430D6BA7 (resized).jpeg7F5425D1-819C-4DA1-848B-FE4D3014EE09 (resized).jpeg7F5425D1-819C-4DA1-848B-FE4D3014EE09 (resized).jpeg
#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

If anyone wanted to see what the lighted pinball mods 3d hologram topper on a GNR looks like, here you go.

Wow. That is amazing. Thank you.

#3948 3 years ago

Bug report:
Noise multiball - mystery lit - drain a ball and hit the mystery with the other ball during the ‘grace period’ - If rewarded a 10 second ball saver - noise multiball will continue as a single ball mode.

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like it belonged to a person.

Ok, belonged to a person vs say a robot? lol

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Bug report:
Noise multiball - mystery lit - drain a ball and hit the mystery with the other ball during the ‘grace period’ - If rewarded a 10 second ball saver - noise multiball will continue as a single ball mode.

Probably better to report these to JJP direct on Twitter. They’ve fixed some bugs I’ve reported there already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/79?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.