IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg
IMG_0142 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 566.
#3851 3 years ago

I’ve definitely restarted the machine and hasn’t fixed it. Sometimes yesterday it would go long periods without doing it and then would start up very random.

#3852 3 years ago

Also just checking it out, it will plunge and achieve the skill shot so I would think it’s not a case of the machine thinking a plunge has already been attempted.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Check to make sure the diverter assembly didn't fall apart. Mine started to and there is a service bulletin about this. Some machines did not have lock nuts installed.

Thanks for the tip! I lifted the playfield and found the jam plate and two bolts from the diverter sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. I reinstalled it, but the diverter only goes up when I open the coin door, and then it goes back down as soon as I hit the left ramp, never to go back up until I open the coin door again. Any thoughts?

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Thanks for the tip! I lifted the playfield and found the jam plate and two bolts from the diverter sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. I reinstalled it, but the diverter only goes up when I open the coin door, and then it goes back down as soon as I hit the left ramp, never to go back up until I open the coin door again. Any thoughts?

There is a diverter test in the menu. Use that to test. Make sure the game didn’t disable it because it thought it was broken.

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is a diverter test in the menu. Use that to test. Make sure the game didn’t disable it Neisse it thought it was broken.

The diverter test on the left ramp isn’t working. It won’t respond to the test . . . It just sits there. Do you know how to enable it, if the game thought it was broken?

#3856 3 years ago

I’d call Barry @JJP on this in the morning. They should be able to talk you through what is wrong.

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’d call Barry @JJP on this in the morning. They should be able to talk you through what is wrong.

Ok, thanks. Can you pm me his number?

#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Also just checking it out, it will plunge and achieve the skill shot so I would think it’s not a case of the machine thinking a plunge has already been attempted.

I have also had this happen at different points.

#3859 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Ok, thanks. Can you pm me his number?

No PM needed.

(630) 830-5225

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No PM needed.
(630) 830-5225

Thank you!

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Mine has done this on occasion. Since it awards a skill shot I imagine the problem is the skillshot rollover switches. However, calibration test shows no foul play. If it continues to become a problem I may reseat the connectors associated with that board of switches.

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

The diverter test on the left ramp isn’t working. It won’t respond to the test . . . It just sits there. Do you know how to enable it, if the game thought it was broken?

Make sure the coin door is closed or at least you have the high power interrupt switch pulled when testing.

#3863 3 years ago

The GnR to Led Zeppelin comparisons will be full speed ahead in just a few minutes.I want to be first to say the artwork on JJP GnR kicks the shit out of LZ in the art department!Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band of all time,but I think GnR kicks their ass when it comes to pinball machines.I reserve the right to modify my opinion over time but I don't believe I will need to!

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The GnR to Led Zeppelin comparisons will be full speed ahead in just a few minutes.I want to be first to say the artwork on JJP GnR kicks the shit out of LZ in the art department!Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band of all time,but I think GnR kicks their ass when it comes to pinball machines.I reserve the right to modify my opinion over time but I don't believe I will need to!

You got it in first. I was holding back. It is a very funny comparison. Not even close. Well, not in this life time. Holy shit the pro cabinet art work looks like Bally’s Bugs Bunny artwork.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If any of the programmers are reading (and so it begins haha). With demolition derby lit, start noise multiball, drain to one ball, scoop relit - shot it - spat it back out - shot it again - worked. Probably something funny with the grace period.

You are not allowed to shoot the scoop back-to-back, you need to touch anything else first. Might be what you were seeing.

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know if there’s a penalty for draining during a song while ball saver is active? Like deduct .25 pt from song level or .25 secs off the ball saver?

I've thought pretty seriously about it being a rockit meter hit, but it's not implemented yet.

Quoted from bridgeman:

Sometimes during a game the plunge will auto plunge. Has anyone else seen this?

Definitely check shooter lane sensor in sensor switch test. Apologies if this was already cleared up, going one page at a time catching up.

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I've thought pretty seriously about it being a rockit meter hit, but it's not implemented yet..

Rockit meter would definitely be a cool way to do it. Tough decision as it’s more of a player based rule than a casual player rule. Maybe a setting with it default off (on for competition?).

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t even know what to say, I’m so mixed. Own 3 sterns and now that I have my first JJP NIB experience, and a GNR at that! ...my first thought is there’s no comparison - GNR is in another realm. But there’s people gawking all over Zep, “look at that new light show”...I’m like wtf. Clearly they haven’t played GNR. Seriously, How do I ever buy another stern again after experiencing GNR!?
You guys at JJP suck!

#3869 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t even know what to say, I’m so mixed. Own 3 sterns and now that I have my first JJP NIB experience, and a GNR at that! ...my first thought is there’s no comparison - GNR is in another realm. But there’s people gawking all over Zep, “look at that new light show”...I’m like wtf. Clearly they haven’t played GNR. Seriously, How do I ever buy another stern again after experiencing GNR!?
You guys at JJP suck!

The truth shall set u free.

#3870 3 years ago

I like Sterns a lot, and I am sure LZ will be a good shoter. Bottom line though, I almost feel guilty about getting GnR when I see LZ. While I think LZ will be "another good Stern," I expect my kids will be fighting over who gets GnR when I'm gone. My opinion only of course...

#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I like Sterns a lot, and I am sure LZ will be a good shoter. Bottom line though, I almost feel guilty about getting GnR when I see LZ. While I think LZ will be "another good Stern," I expect my kids will be fighting over who gets GnR when I'm gone. My opinion only of course...

Genuinely considering either Zep or GnR.

Still think Zep will be the better shooter.

But, GnR LE vs Zep LE?

GnR LE is just head and shoulders better in every way.

I mean, it's not even close. Wow.

#3872 3 years ago

Definitely check shooter lane sensor in sensor switch test. Apologies if this was already cleared up, going one page at a time catching up.

I will definitely try this when I get home today. Thanks Keefer it has not been cleared up yet.

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But, GnR LE vs Zep LE?

Well it’s just the truth that anyone can see if they’re honest!Is your avatar from Crime of the Century?

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But, GnR LE vs Zep LE?

I unvisited the thread, all the machines are ugly, LE less so, but jesus. The pro hasn't got the only cool mech on there. meh.

Was interested if not excited.

#3875 3 years ago

My guess is, most of the folks who love the LZ are hardcore fans of the band. Hopefully those who buy it will enjoy it. I'm pretty sure it will have better "flow" than GnR, but the attention to detail, licensing, artwork, theme integration, etc, all fall far short of GnR. Also, I will venture a guess that the LED light rails from Stern dont compare to the JJP system. Obviously I may be wrong since no one has seen them in full action yet. I love me some Stern pins, but LZ looks like a hard pass unless you are a fan of the group. My worthless 2 cents.

#3876 3 years ago

Yeah i don't really get all that 'my favourite band' thing. I didn't like Guns and Roses as a kid and still don't much.
At 15 i listened to Led Zep, Deep purple, Pink Floyd especially, David Bowie, Joe Walsh etc.

I still listen to a few of those bands rarely, mostly a song at a time rather than albums, but my favourite bands when i was 20, 30, 40 and 50 have all changed.
ATM i'm listening to hip hop more than anything, just never understood those who listen to the same music all their lives.
'Hit's from the 80's and 90's radio? Fuck no! We loved that music when we were kids because it was new as much as because it was cool.

I listen to new music if i listen to radio, in Australia it's JJJ, govt young people radio (yaah! No ad's). My favourite style of music and the bands that i listen to change as i mature, surely that's the way it should be as we are not the same person as we were (hopefully) at twenty, so why would we like the same things? (love me some spotify, keeps me up to date on what's happening in music)

So while i loved Led Zeplin as a kid, i would not buy a pin based on that.

Didn't like Aerosmith as a kid, have an LE. Didn't like GnR as a kid, have an LE coming, didn't like ACDC as a kid or an adult, don't like the game. Etc Etc

Theme is secondary to art and gameplay by a very long margin for me.

Gunners has the art, the innovation, the mechs and the coolest ramps in the pinball world. That's why i can't wait to get it even though i don't give a rat's about the music.

#3877 3 years ago

So, one suggestion i would like to make is that the 'Shoot Again' insert be excluded from being a part of any of the light shows. I have noticed a number of times recently where that insert has been blinking and I let a ball go that may have been saveable, only then to realize I had no ballsaver at the time and that was just part of some lighting animation. That is one of those insert lights that you kind of need confidence is telling you accurate information.

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

So, one suggestion i would like to make is that the 'Shoot Again' insert be excluded from being a part of any of the light shows. I have noticed a number of times recently where that insert has been blinking and I let a ball go that may have been saveable, only then to realize I had no ballsaver at the time and that was just part of some lighting animation. That is one of those insert lights that you kind of need confidence is telling you accurate information.

Agreed

#3879 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Don't have mine yet and this sounds important.

#3880 3 years ago

Got these today and wants to share. liorillusion is an incredible talent. Absolutely beautiful.

29FC38DA-F7F0-477F-A2AB-7BD7F1C49978 (resized).jpeg29FC38DA-F7F0-477F-A2AB-7BD7F1C49978 (resized).jpeg4CE97824-CDBC-476A-A053-587539374956 (resized).jpeg4CE97824-CDBC-476A-A053-587539374956 (resized).jpeg7D535B0C-7235-45BF-82B3-E6D8D471A65C (resized).jpeg7D535B0C-7235-45BF-82B3-E6D8D471A65C (resized).jpegA75FA9AF-225B-4CD6-829E-F2DC64575BDE (resized).jpegA75FA9AF-225B-4CD6-829E-F2DC64575BDE (resized).jpeg
#3881 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Got these today and wants to share. liorillusion is an incredible talent. Absolutely beautiful.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

We need a zoomed out picture to see how it all looks on that beautiful LE

#3882 3 years ago

My mates would ash their joints in the eye holes for sure.

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My mates would ash their joints in the eye holes for sure.

haha! Mine would certainly pop open a beer in the eye sockets!

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude that is sic

#3885 3 years ago

To Bad The Nose was not the Plunger

#3886 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

If you did that half the face is cut off.

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

You think it would be better if it was sticking two inches higher than the lock bar do you? Or do you mean rescale the whole thing so it's two inches smaller all round?

You'll have to make one and show us what you mean.

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Then it would look like a clown.

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

. I didn't like Guns and Roses as a kid and still don't much.

Say what? Lol. I thought you had a GnR bedding set! Lol. I would call that a super fan. (Or a not married fan) lol

#3890 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Say what? Lol. I thought you had a GnR bedding set! Lol. I would call that a super fan. (Or a not married fan)
.lol

The Gnr bedding is a tribute to the pinball machine, not the stupid band. I'm a pinball superfan.

#3891 3 years ago

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?

Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.

DSC_4370 (resized).JPGDSC_4370 (resized).JPGDSC_4374 (resized).JPGDSC_4374 (resized).JPGDSC_4376 (resized).JPGDSC_4376 (resized).JPG
#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everybody got crappy flipper rubbers so you're not alone. Many like the Titan silicone pinball rubbers and here is a link.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#3893 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My JP2 red ones wore down faster. In either case i found the red ones from pinball life were a better fit for my JP2 and the Marco specialty red ones were better for GNR. Go figure. Luckily I had both on hand.

I’m not a fan of titan silicone for flippers, but may have to try them on GNR next time I order from them.

#3894 3 years ago

Speaking of rubbers. Anyone know where to order replacement rubbers (posts, slingshots, etc...) that JJP uses for GNR?

#3895 3 years ago

You are not allowed to shoot the scoop back-to-back, you need to touch anything else first. Might be what you were seeing.

This reminds me the time I reported an IMDN bug to Keith Elwin that if you lock a ball on the right loop, the loop jackpot timer continues to count down and will timeout before it releases. His response: don’t do that.

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of rubbers. Anyone know where to order replacement rubbers (posts, slingshots, etc...) that JJP uses for GNR?

Titan has a kit. I ordered that. For flipper rubber I’m using superbands currently but have the Titans ready to swap in when I want a change.

Really insane how crappy the stock rubbers are with this game.

#3897 3 years ago

Wo for those of you getting 25M and 50M point scores? What’s your strategy? So far I’ve only been able to squeeze out 10M max.

#3898 3 years ago

I’m hearing rumors the CE’s will be in the line by or before the 20th of Dec. OMG if this is true.

#3899 3 years ago

They were supposed to be on line last week.. and this week..

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Had my LE for two days. Sometimes during a game the plunge will auto plunge. Has anyone else seen this?

In settings I recalibrated the rollovers and it seems to be good now. Thanks keeper.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/78?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.