IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 568.
#3701 3 years ago

Played a LE at Portal Pinball in Atlanta, GA today. They received it yesterday. Played it for an hour straight and seemed like 10 minutes. Smile on my face the whole time. Kick Ass Game! Cannot wait for my CE. Might have to quarantine for 14 days starting the day it arrives.

#3702 3 years ago

Finally!

13CA168B-76BB-4C7D-B64D-8075A55C9C2B (resized).jpeg13CA168B-76BB-4C7D-B64D-8075A55C9C2B (resized).jpeg
#3703 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Finally!
[quoted image]

Amazing pic man! Just in time... enjoy

#3704 3 years ago

Got my LE yesterday. Only issue to note is the spinning record wasn't aligned quite right. I had to play with it to get it even on the playfield. Its a little off center from the hole but I'm not sure I care that much. I do have a scratch on each of the red painted top rail (side near glass).....this likely from the swinging hinge when putting the head in the up position. I'm on the fence on if I should reach out to JJP about this. Would have been best to have some plastic protecting all painted surfaces like there was on the lock bar. I did get the signed poster which was quite epic!

thumbnail_IMG_6036 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6036 (resized).jpg

#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Got my LE yesterday. ... I do have a scratch on each of the red painted top rail (side near glass).....this likely from the swinging hinge when putting the head in the up position.

Any chance you can upload a pic of the rail damage and suggest to us how it might be avoided at the pinball owner's end of things when it arrives?

(Mine not likely until some time in January -> Canada, although I hear we are starting to receive some slowly.)

Thank you!

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Got my LE yesterday. Only issue to note is the spinning record wasn't aligned quite right. I had to play with it to get it even on the playfield. Its a little off center from the hole but I'm not sure I care that much. I do have a scratch on each of the red painted top rail (side near glass).....this likely from the swinging hinge when putting the head in the up position. I'm on the fence on if I should reach out to JJP about this. Would have been best to have some plastic protecting all painted surfaces like there was on the lock bar. I did get the signed poster which was quite epic!
[quoted image]

If itā€™s the rails that got scratched, I imagine JJP would send replacements. Ask your distributor for advice.

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Finally!
[quoted image]

When did you order?

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Any chance you can upload a pic of the rail damage and suggest to us how it might be avoided at the pinball owner's end of things when it arrives?
(Mine not likely until some time in January -> Canada, although I hear we are starting to receive some slowly.)
Thank you!

Honestly couldn't have done anything different. I lifted the head quite slowly and all seemed fine. I just assume it was caused by the hinge part attached to the head. Both sides were affected. I will contact my distributor.

thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
#3709 3 years ago

Man that Illusion Cinnamon looks amazing up close doesn't it?

#3710 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Man that Illusion Cinnamon looks amazing up close doesn't it?

No, but the Brick Red looks fantastic.

#3711 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No, but the Brick Red looks fantastic.

I thought the LE powder coat was Illusion Cinnamon? Pretty sure I heard that from JJP.

#3712 3 years ago

It looks much better in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

#3713 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought the LE powder coat was Illusion Cinnamon? Pretty sure I heard that from JJP.

Itā€™s an old thread joke, but pretty sure in the sales flyer they call it Brick Red. Someone on here was all bent out of shape because the red armor didnā€™t match the light show.
D1080F0E-EDB5-405D-8764-8443454CDEBC (resized).jpegD1080F0E-EDB5-405D-8764-8443454CDEBC (resized).jpeg

#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Illusion Wild Copper

#3715 3 years ago

Burnt orange

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Itā€™s an old thread joke, but pretty sure in the sales flyer they call it Brick Red. Someone on here was all bent out of shape because the red armor didnā€™t match the light show.
[quoted image]

That's pretty funny. I don't have any pins whose armor matches the light show, nor would I ever expect it to!

#3717 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

It looks much better in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

agreed and when my CE arrives it will be hard to pick my favorite between the 2.

#3718 3 years ago

Here is my dumb question of the week. By individually controllable lighting they simply mean from the software interface perspective, correct? I don't see any types of changes you can make to the lighting.

#3719 3 years ago

Reading that flyer made me wonder how the 3 different ball rails off upper play field affect anything as far as scoring/rules, or is it just what bottom outlane it drops in?

#3720 3 years ago

I knew mine was in transit, but was surprised by a door knock today. It had arrived and it is glorious. So happy with the LE model and the cabinet art is perfect.

0BC94C84-0CBF-46AC-BEAE-A979CF33FE9F.jpeg0BC94C84-0CBF-46AC-BEAE-A979CF33FE9F.jpegC37FEE34-758F-45C1-8898-F82B2132D241.jpegC37FEE34-758F-45C1-8898-F82B2132D241.jpeg
#3721 3 years ago

So happy for all you guys getting games. makes my anticipation all the sweeter.

#3722 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I knew mine was in transit, but was surprised by a door knock today. It had arrived and it is glorious. So happy with the LE model and the cabinet art is perfect.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah! Congrats!

#3723 3 years ago

haha. I was checking the tracking every hour....as soon as it hit the local terminal I was on the phone begging for a date and time. I'm so annoying.

#3724 3 years ago

Anyone know how many signed Slash posters are out there?

#3725 3 years ago

Hell yea haha.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3726 3 years ago

Just got word my GNR is coming before the end of December any day, and thatā€™s it for LE and SE for a good while until they are done with CE. Congrats to all who are getting thereā€™s this month we made the last cut..

#3727 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Reading that flyer made me wonder how the 3 different ball rails off upper play field affect anything as far as scoring/rules, or is it just what bottom outlane it drops in?

Best I can tell after a bunch of plays is that is just impacts which inlane the ball drops in.

#3728 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

haha. I was checking the tracking every hour....as soon as it hit the local terminal I was on the phone begging for a date and time. I'm so annoying.

I'm waiting on mine too...got the email a couple weeks ago to pay the balance in full which I did. Then what happens normally...did you get an email indicated it shipped along with tracking numbers as the next step? Just curious what to expect. Hope you're enjoying the new game!! Thanks!

#3729 3 years ago

Anyone having issues with their LCD monitor? Mine is noticeably dimmer in the left corner Not happy about this . . .

#3730 3 years ago

I had a small issue with my LE. They had leg bolts on the right but none on the left Good thing I had some extra leg bolts around.

#3731 3 years ago

Tonight my kid yelled... "fuck you AXL, you aren't my real dad!"

purchase price, totally worth it.

#3732 3 years ago

150 games in after a week. Hereā€™s some audits:

GC: 26mil
Balls saved: 115
Avg game time: 5m:55
Avg ball times: 111.7 secs
3-ball games: 125
4-ball games (1 EB): 19
5-ball games (2 EBā€™s): 1
6-ball games (3 EBā€™s): 2

Game times are nearly equal across the board from 1 minute - 15 minute games with 3-4 minute games the least and 6-8 minute games the most.

All in all, this game kicks ass!

If we get any kind of wishlist on the code front, it would be:
+ add more rules (with cool sound effects) to looping the upper flipper loop shot. Itā€™s so fun to get 3-4 loops but usually thereā€™s no reward but the satisfaction of doing it.
+ polish album modes
+ should album modes be more rewarding/enticing? They seem to be the riskiest thing to go for because single ball, no saver - however, I have yet to do good in one or complete it. So perhaps there is a reward? Maybe light song after completing a mode? Hell, I donā€™t know, I guess I should complete one before saying what it needs hahaha.

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I'm waiting on mine too...got the email a couple weeks ago to pay the balance in full which I did. Then what happens normally...did you get an email indicated it shipped along with tracking numbers as the next step? Just curious what to expect. Hope you're enjoying the new game!! Thanks!

From my experience; It took approx 28 days to ship after sending final payment to distributor. Got my game 5 days after that.

#3734 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So happy for all you guys getting games. makes my anticipation all the sweeter.

I hate all 10 guys that have their games...I want mine now!!!

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I hate all 10 guys that have their games...I want mine now!!!

santasgrave (resized).jpgsantasgrave (resized).jpg

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If anyone is interested, I played around with the picture settings on the monitor this evening. Out of the box the monitor looked washed out pretty bad to me. Turns out, the brightness was turned up to 90%!! And the color temp setting was at 6500k. No wonder it looked bad. I took brightness down to 0 (thats right zero), and changed color temp to 50/50/50 rgb, and it now looks crazy better. Much more vibrant colors and blacker blacks. Still no HD quality, but much better than out of box.

Thanks for the advice, We tried to change our RGB to 50/50/50 and it was gray, it wouldn't let us change, Any advice??

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Thanks for the advice, We tried to change our RGB to 50/50/50 and it was gray, it wouldn't let us change, Any advice??

Beyond what I figured out in my original post, no, unfortunately not. The biggest issue on mine was the brightness being up to 90%. I turned it down to zero, and would have went lower if I could. That brightness was washing out the color of the whole screen and still is to a small degree.

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Beyond what I figured out in my original post, no, unfortunately not. The biggest issue on mine was the brightness being up to 90%. I turned it down to zero, and would have went lower if I could. That brightness was washing out the color of the whole screen and still is to a small degree.

Eric should set the best standard for screens and then each screen should be checked for picture quality on the QC line.

#3739 3 years ago

Anybody getting tired of listening to GNR tunes yet?

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

From my experience; It took approx 28 days to ship after sending final payment to distributor. Got my game 5 days after that.

Thanks for the feedback....thats helpful to know. I'll use my advent calendar to countdown!

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:From my experience; It took approx 28 days to ship after sending final payment to distributor. Got my game 5 days after that.

About the same. Once payed it was about a month. I received a tracking number by Text. Mine shipped from Estes.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Thanks for the feedback....thats helpful to know. I'll use my advent calendar to countdown!

Lego advent calendar for the win!

5D691629-1296-4F80-9AA4-0C2828000E5F (resized).jpeg5D691629-1296-4F80-9AA4-0C2828000E5F (resized).jpeg
#3743 3 years ago

Anyone with an LE installed black chrome blades? I usually add mirror blades to my machines, but I think the LE would look awesome with black chrome. Thoughts?

#3744 3 years ago

So Led Zeppelin is the next Stern game .
LED ZEP is my favourite band but I can't see it getting anywhere close to GNR , especially when Slash gave Eric and the team Everything they could want and more .

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone with an LE installed black chrome blades? I usually add mirror blades to my machines, but I think the LE would look awesome with black chrome. Thoughts?

Check out post #1225 .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/25#post-5918143

#3746 3 years ago

GNR reminded me of how good a licensed theme can be with complete assets and support. I like Richie and LZ but everything else is a big wait and see.

#3747 3 years ago

Just came down to play my GNR today. The opto's underneath the skill shot are not working. I checked for loose wires or something unplugged. So far I do not see anything anyone else run into this problem thanks.

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just came down to play my GNR today. The opto's underneath the skill shot are not working. I checked for loose wires or something unplugged. So far I do not see anything anyone else run into this problem thanks.

Run the sensor calibration

#3749 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

My skillshot optos seemed weird the other day too (triggering skill shots without plunging). I heard those switches recalibrate themselves on reboot. Thatā€™s what I did to fix. Not sure if more needs to be done.

#3750 3 years ago

I have had a situation where those sensors stopped working, as well. A reboot of the game fixed the problem. To be clear, for me, they were not working from power on, they didn't stop working part way during a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/75?hl=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.