IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 562.
#3551 3 years ago

Any idea when the CE's start shipping?

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Possibly some before Christmas but I'd guess most will be delivered after and ran for 1-2 months until finished ....

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We're all guessing as there's been ZERO communication. From anyone. Seriously, WTF. I don't care if it takes a few months, but at least acknowledge the 500 folks who helped the game sell out in under a day. It doesn't even have to be specific, could be "JJP cares deeply about quality and we are taking the extra time to ensure each game exceeds expectations." Broad statement, continues to create excitement & buys time for JJP to fix whatever playfield quality gremlins they are battling.

#3555 3 years ago

Today I was rummaging through (insert eBay keywords "rare vintage") family pics after a long overdue chat with my cousin and I found a pic of me in 1991 at Christmas proudly holding up Use Your Illusion 1. Is this a sign my LE may arrive in time for Christmas 2020?

Also, thanks to those who have posted info about patches, strategy, rules, and potential things to look over like the record, diverter & drumstick ramp. Looking forward to battling it out for high scores.

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Does anyone who added a sub want to share what they bought and how they tapped the audio (line level or post amp)?

I went with the standard Polk 10" and Love it. Taped directly off the internal base speaker.

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I went with the standard Polk 10" and Love it. Taped directly off the internal base speaker.

The PSW08 or the PSW10?

#3558 3 years ago

They look great .
I think I will have to get some .

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They look great .
I think I will have to get some .

Australian group buy?

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys, I made a super cool unboxing video of my new GNR LE, the video goes live at 11:30am CST Monday! please stop by and give it a watch!!

Great unboxing video .
I really enjoyed it , looking forward to your game review .

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Australian group buy?

Ha , I nearly did , it was a fucken' nightmare trying to order them , I got a new credit card but it only remembered my old credit card and wouldn't let me enter in new numbers , every time I tried to restart it , it would add another one to the cart . They made me enter my state in the Canada only section , very confusing .
In the end I paid with PayPal . PayPal said they were $89 Pinball life said they were $63 , I don't really care how much they cost , they just so look cool .
You can adjust the brightness , make them blink and pulsing .

IMG_20201208_233954 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_233954 (resized).jpg
#3562 3 years ago

I've been using these Britebuttons on a number of my pins now.
They do look awesome but the smooth action of factory buttons it what they lack.
Not sure if its the type of plastic but its not as buttery smooth....Just giving my feedback.

#3563 3 years ago

I was told yesterday that my day one (LE) minutes after release order wouldn't be ready until next year because they are running CE's next. Maybe you CE guys will get lucky. I have a hard time believing all the other people that already have their games from Automated were all pre day 1 orders. I'm not sure who to be mad at, but I think I'll be going elsewhere for my next NIB.

#3564 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys, I made a super cool unboxing video of my new GNR LE, the video goes live at 11:30am CST Monday! please stop by and give it a watch!!

I really liked your vid man!
I have to point out the 3 things I would have done differently...... sorry:-

- Initial part of unboxing vid lighting would have been better at normal white ambient light so we could have seen the pin art and leg powder properly. It was washed in the purple haze
- Check the front of your pin for damage, the box cutter def hit the art when it slipped after cutting the cable tie on the plunger, made me cringe...
- Leg levellers,.....................i'm sure you were just excited to get the thing built

Sorry, I did enjoy your production, congrats man

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was told yesterday that my day one (LE) minutes after release order wouldn't be ready until next year because they are running CE's next. Maybe you CE guys will get lucky. I have a hard time believing all the other people that already have their games from Automated were all pre day 1 orders. I'm not sure who to be mad at, but I think I'll be going elsewhere for my next NIB.

I had my CE paid for the day before release. They have already run LE’s and SE’s several times. It’s now time for the 12,500 guys to get theirs.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The PSW08 or the PSW10?

Most folks use the 10". I used a 12" for good measure

I also tapped directly off of the cabinet sub. I did try grabbing the 3.5mm in the backbox, but it sounded no better.

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I had my CE paid for the day before release. They have already run LE’s and SE’s several times. It’s now time for the 12,500 guys to get theirs.

You should get yours and I hope you do soon. At that price it probably should have been the ones run first. My complaint is more that there have been several runs and somehow with a day 1 order I still don't have it.

How many other people here are waiting on a day 1 LE order?
How many people that ordered after day 1 have an LE?

#3568 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Weirdly, staying with your current distributor would probably be best for your 'front of the line' chances next time.

Sales dudes like to reward repeat customers.

Quoted from Shredso:

Yo.

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Weirdly, staying with your current distributor would probably be best for your 'front of the line' chances next time.
Sales dudes like to reward repeat customers.

You would think. I know a lot of guys are buying multiple games a year but I've bought 3 NIB games over the last 4 years from Automated. Not cheap ones either (as if any of them are cheap).

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You should get yours and I hope you do soon. At that price it probably should have been the ones run first. My complaint is more that there have been several runs and somehow with a day 1 order I still don't have it.

i am still waiting on my day 1 LE order.

#3571 3 years ago

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I ordered within 20 minutes of it going live from "one of the largest JJP distributors". I was told early on not to ask about when I would be getting it and they would let me know. I haven't heard a thing since then.

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I ordered within 20 minutes of it going live from "one of the largest JJP distributors". I was told early on not to ask about when I would be getting it and they would let me know. I haven't heard a thing since then.

That sucks. At least my distributor has said to ping him every two weeks.

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The PSW08 or the PSW10?

PSW10 is the 10". They go on sale via Amazon often.

#3575 3 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

Distro: Please pay me.
Buyer: When am I getting it?
Distro: Not allowed to ask.

Buyer: Buh-bye.

#3576 3 years ago

when you order through a distro, do they actually put your order in with JPP on the spot? or is it possible that you ordered with your distro 20 mins after reveal but they didn't actually place your order with JPP till days after? Also, do some distros place pre-orders on their own behalf knowing that they can sell/transfer them to customers later? If yes, those might be the orders that are shipping out earlier.

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I would venture to guess that some folks that ordered a CE on day one and later were told they weren't getting it....were able to get the LE instead and cut the line.

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would venture to guess that some folks that ordered a CE on day one and later were told they weren't getting it....were able to get the LE instead and cut the line.

That's very likely, but I would like them to tell me that. I've heard 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, now 8 weeks.

#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That's very likely, but I would like them to tell me that. I've heard 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, now 8 weeks.

Agreed. Its really unfortunate how the communication has gone with this release. It doesn't have to be this way. People are much more patient when they have information.

#3580 3 years ago

sorted

#3581 3 years ago

Ordered first 5 minutes LE and was told first 10 to order from distributor but nothing until January or February.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have bought both my woz rr and hobbit le from automated. He gets large amounts from jjp because he’s one of Jack’s best friends. I went elsewhere this time on day 1 because both times with automated, he wasn’t honest about what I was getting with my two games. Really irritating to find out he lied about the games at the sale. He also doesn’t seem to care that I spent nearly $20k with him before, and wasn’t willing to do much for me this time. I wanted to go elsewhere anyway but figured I’d at least see if there was anything he could do to get my business back. Nope. I won’t be back

#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have bought both my woz rr and hobbit le from automated. He gets large amounts from jjp because he’s one of Jack’s best friends. I went elsewhere this time on day 1 because both times with automated, he wasn’t honest about what I was getting with my two games. Really irritating to find out he lied about the games at the sale. He also doesn’t seem to care that I spent nearly $20k with him before, and wasn’t willing to do much for me this time. I wanted to go elsewhere anyway but figured I’d at least see if there was anything he could do to get my business back. Nope. I won’t be back

It's too bad because the other experiences I've had with Automated have been great. He gave me the whole line about getting the most games because he sells the most as well. He also told me I was one of the first to order. I believe he said I was "Next in line" after he sold his first batch of 7 or 8. All bullshit. Are you telling me the biggest JJP distro only got 7 or 8 games? Possible, but I doubt it.

#3584 3 years ago

Psyched about the CE and hope I get mine sometime soon, ordered it straight from JP in the first hour.

In the meantime, my daughter is working on a painting for me that will go up in the pinball room. It is a work in progress.

31645408-24F3-4091-A557-024430D9D636 (resized).jpeg31645408-24F3-4091-A557-024430D9D636 (resized).jpegAAA9274F-F358-4E1E-989B-9E9FF7A21D38 (resized).jpegAAA9274F-F358-4E1E-989B-9E9FF7A21D38 (resized).jpeg47AD11FD-C972-4DBD-96A1-57C436C41648 (resized).jpeg47AD11FD-C972-4DBD-96A1-57C436C41648 (resized).jpeg03048227-ED9A-405F-90B0-D7F3459FA81B (resized).jpeg03048227-ED9A-405F-90B0-D7F3459FA81B (resized).jpeg
#3585 3 years ago

My distro didn't take any payment, but told me he was getting X# and my name was on one. I guess some order then sell, some sell spots.

#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Just got an email from PinballSTAR! My LE shipping notifi... eh, nope. Hats and blankets.

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Just got an email from PinballSTAR! My LE shipping notifi... eh, nope. Hats and blankets.

Ha! Got the same email.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

Psyched about the CE and hope I get mine sometime soon, ordered it straight from JP in the first hour.
In the meantime, my daughter is working on a painting for me that will go up in the pinball room. It is a work in progress.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome. I'll buy that from you.

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I wasn't messing around this time. Ordered directly from JJP. Already lost my CE.....didn't want to lose out on the all important towel.

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Extra points for being an asshole.

Please forgive me in the name of Jesus.

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's too bad because the other experiences I've had with Automated have been great. He gave me the whole line about getting the most games because he sells the most as well. He also told me I was one of the first to order. I believe he said I was "Next in line" after he sold his first batch of 7 or 8. All bullshit. Are you telling me the biggest JJP distro only got 7 or 8 games? Possible, but I doubt it.

Who knows. My gripes were he guaranteed me my hobbit was one with all the fixes, and we had a very definite conversation that it was for sure a fresh build with factory fixes. Nope. Woz he guaranteed me the 75th RR was the all updated and they weren’t making anymore after his allotment was gone. Pressured me into making a quick decision on getting one while he had some left, as that was supposed to be it forever. Nope. They kept making RR a couple years after. Based on his inside knowledge being jacks friend, he told me he knew this. Then when I had a problem with my woz, instead of helping, he just emailed the jjp help line. No benefit to being a return buyer either so I was out. I’m over it, but won’t go there again.

#3592 3 years ago

sorted

#3593 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Today I was rummaging through (insert eBay keywords "rare vintage") family pics after a long overdue chat with my cousin and I found a pic of me in 1991 at Christmas proudly holding up Use Your Illusion 1. Is this a sign my LE may arrive in time for Christmas 2020?
Also, thanks to those who have posted info about patches, strategy, rules, and potential things to look over like the record, diverter & drumstick ramp. Looking forward to battling it out for high scores.

Take a pic of the pic and post here.

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Who knows. My gripes were he guaranteed me my hobbit was one with all the fixes, and we had a very definite conversation that it was for sure a fresh build with factory fixes. Nope. Woz he guaranteed me the 75th RR was the all updated and they weren’t making anymore after his allotment was gone. Pressured me into making a quick decision on getting one while he had some left, as that was supposed to be it forever. Nope. They kept making RR a couple years after. Based on his inside knowledge being jacks friend, he told me he knew this. Then when I had a problem with my woz, instead of helping, he just emailed the jjp help line. No benefit to being a return buyer either so I was out. I’m over it, but won’t go there again.

I keep tellin' all that will listen (seriously) - avoid Automated. They are possibly the largest distributor in the world but I have heard their name with more straight up falsehoods (just like the ones above, from someone I have never met) direct from friends. Go with one of the distributors that will shoot you straight, Kingpin Games, Abel Electronics or one of the others that are active on Pinside. Ask around there are good distributors with great reputations that will go out of their way to earn your business as opposed to doing anything to get your cash.

#3595 3 years ago

Funny - I have had issues with other distributors and never Automated! Always a good experience with them. To each his own I suppose. Mike is a great guy and easy to work with!

#3596 3 years ago

Many red flags here. First red flag, you aren’t basing your opinions on first hand experiences, but things you’ve heard.

Second red flag, the guy you quoted, talked about being pressured into buying a machine. We are big boys and girls, huge red flag, if you succumb to that kind of pressure this hobby isn’t for you.

Every distributor had horror stories, even some of the boutique ones most guys know and love.

Quoted from fnosm:

I keep tellin' all that will listen (seriously) - avoid Automated.

#3597 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Many red flags here. First red flag, you aren’t basing your opinions on first hand experiences, but things you’ve heard.
Second red flag, the guy you quoted, talked about being pressured into buying a machine. We are big boys and girls, huge red flag, if you succumb to that kind of pressure this hobby isn’t for you.
Every distributor had horror stories, even some of the boutique ones most guys know and love.

I stand corrected:

If you like high pressure sales tactics and minimal support when something goes wrong, Automated is your kind of place. However, if that isn't your thing you should probably take your business elsewhere.

Thanks for helping me clarify.

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Australian group buy?

Contact KJS Pinball in Brisbane, I ordered a set through them

#3599 3 years ago

Question for those that have their machines. Anyone add black chrome mirrors to it? I usually add mirror blades to my machine, but I thought the black chrome might be a better look with the rail lights and RGBs.

#3600 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The pressure I talked about was put on myself when mike told me they weren’t making anymore woz, and once they were gone, they were gone. I had pressure to make a decision fast before they were gone, which we all know wasn’t truthful.

Second, I dealt first hand with him twice, and both times were blatant lies. These are the facts from an actual customer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
7,500 (OBO)
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/72?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.