IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 568.
#3501 3 years ago

Anyone figure out how the tour items affect songs? I wish there was a status report page with all of them.

#3502 3 years ago

Couldn’t agree more about the upper pf. I used to think it was just about the ball locks but after having the game for a few days, it definitely is a choice to sometimes just let it drain to get the last letter needed for a patch before starting a song. Lots of strategy just in that upper pf alone.

#3503 3 years ago

Hey guys, I made a super cool unboxing video of my new GNR LE, the video goes live at 11:30am CST Monday! please stop by and give it a watch!!

#3504 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys, I made a super cool unboxing video of my new GNR LE, the video goes live at 11:30am CST Monday! please stop by and give it a watch!!

Gonna check it out for sure after work. Can't wait for mine to arrive in january.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I own all of these. I don’t really care who wins game of the year, I want them all to be successful and continue building games.
My quick thoughts on each (so far)
R&M: Toughest shooter, best callouts, great humor and light show
GnR: Best integration, best light show, best sound, linear ruleset
Hot Wheels: Best shooter (hard to beat a well done fan layout), great light show and fun ruleset, weakest theme
AIQ: Best layout, great flow, deepest rules(not always a positive), weakest of the bunch in animation and callouts
All will be in my collection for quite a while.
[quoted image]

The light up Flipper buttons look really good .
Alot better than the yellow , they must have had a few left over from The Hobbit LE's

IMG_20201207_224451 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_224451 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_224522 (resized).jpgIMG_20201207_224522 (resized).jpg
#3506 3 years ago

Our LE arrived on Friday in time for my birthday. Great game so far. We also received a signed poster.

Lots of praise for the game play and the experience

Only changes I would make after 50 games or so...

Use the action button to snap when the pictures are taken & leverage WIFI to connect to Sonos. Or convince Sonos to add Bluetooth

We really love this game glad we jumped on it early.

2A9BE15C-0BFA-41A3-926E-75D744258A54 (resized).jpeg2A9BE15C-0BFA-41A3-926E-75D744258A54 (resized).jpegFFC589E6-9C44-4B2B-981F-0C44FB780852 (resized).jpegFFC589E6-9C44-4B2B-981F-0C44FB780852 (resized).jpeg
#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Use the action button to snap when the pictures are taken & leverage WIFI to connect to Sonos. Or convince Sonos to add Bluetooth
We really love this game glad we jumped on it early.

While direct integration would be great, you could hardwire to a play5 or similar which has input jacks. I’m still annoyed at Sonos’s move to “next gen” and the S2 app, removing backwards compatibility. I have a large Sonos investment including in my arcade, and a good portion is now considered legacy by Sonos. I picked up a sub for a room this week only to discover I can use it with the speakers I have, but I have to either split my Sonos system in two or throw out all the “older” hardware. I returned the sub. Buyer beware...

#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So now that I’m enjoying the game and digging in deeper, I gotta say I really like the upper pf. The choices to hit duff, lock a ball, or take a GNR patch letter are very fun and strategic. Really cool game. Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but it’s coming.
Hope to see more unboxing pics this week!

dumb question but I'm also struggling with the patches. I now see that the patch status is bottom left but does the game auto choose the patch you go for? Where are the patch icons throughout the playfield?

#3509 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

dumb question but I'm also struggling with the patches. I now see that the patch status is bottom left but does the game auto choose the patch you go for? Where are the patch icons throughout the playfield?

You use the action button to cycle through the patches. Once you leave it on a patch it will always be going for that patch. You can hold the left flipper and hit the action button to go "back" if you skip a patch. You can do this before you plunge also. The patch benefit is displayed in the playfield LCD. Important: All THREE inlanes can be cycled to move the GNR letters over. Also, the drain on the upper PF spots a GNR letter. Make sure you cycle the flippers to have as many GNR letters as possible when it drains up there.

#3510 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No patch icons on the playfield at all. You select the patch you want with the action button pretty much anytime during game play. Personally, I like to select my first patch before even launching the ball. I cradle the ball if that's not an option. Collect the selected patch by completing the blue GNR inlane circles, or through mystery rewards. Once a patch is collected, the game automatically selects the next patch in line unless you change it.

#3511 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Our LE arrived on Friday in time for my birthday. Great game so far. We also received a signed poster.
Lots of praise for the game play and the experience
Only changes I would make after 50 games or so...
We really love this game glad we jumped on it early. [quoted image][quoted image]

Happy belated birthday Rob! (Your neighbor in Lake Zurich)

Congrats on finally getting GNR!

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You use the action button to cycle through the patches. Once you leave it on a patch it will always be going for that patch. You can hold the left flipper and hit the action button to go "back" if you ship a patch. You can do this before you plunge also. The patch benefit is displayed in the playfield LCD. Important: All THREE inlanes can be cycled to move the GNR letters over. Also, the drain on the upper PF spots a GNR letter. Make sure you cycle the flippers to have as many GNR letters as possible when it drains up there.

My game lets me change the patch anytime now without holding the left flipper button.

I don’t think it that before the update?

#3513 3 years ago

Got an issue on mine that maybe someone here can give me some pointers on how to fix:
My center scoop eject isnt going to the left flipper. It's barely enough over to the left to where I have to flip and basically hit it as it's flying down to keep it in play and then it's flying all over the place, usually very horizontal.
It's made it to where it's not fun to play anymore. I can't complete a song anymore because if I dont time it perfectly, anytime I try to add a ball, I'm going to lose the one I had SDTM.
Any advice would be appreciated.

#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

The Sonos move has Bluetooth.

#3515 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

The Sonos move has Bluetooth.

I'll just say it - Don't even bother with Bluetooth on this game. The implementation is terrible. Hard to pair, often doesn't pair at all. Maybe the dongle they used isn't great?

#3516 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My game lets me change the patch anytime now without holding the left flipper button.
I don’t think it that before the update?

I think you misunderstood. There are like 35 patches. The button always cycles through them in a certain order. If you accidentally skipped one, holding the left flipper and hitting the action button will go in the opposite direction so you don't need to hit the button 35 more times to get to the patch you missed.

#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Got an issue on mine that maybe someone here can give me some pointers on how to fix:
My center scoop eject isnt going to the left flipper. It's barely enough over to the left to where I have to flip and basically hit it as it's flying down to keep it in play and then it's flying all over the place, usually very horizontal.
It's made it to where it's not fun to play anymore. I can't complete a song anymore because if I dont time it perfectly, anytime I try to add a ball, I'm going to lose the one I had SDTM.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Two / Three things you can do.

1. Loosen the hood above the scoop 2 X 1/4" drive nuts under the plastic. Point the hood as far to the left flipper as possible. Retighten.
2. Slightly bend the hood down. The ball will get less air and be more reliable.
3. Adjust eject power. I wouldn't recommend this before trying 1 and 2.

#3518 3 years ago

FYI - I posted the Patch Sets on the Tilt Rulesheet. Spoiler Alert, but if you are interested.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - I posted the Patch Sets on the Tilt Rulesheet. Spoiler Alert, but if you are interested.

You.Rock!

#3520 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Two / Three things you can do.
1. Loosen the hood above the scoop 2 X 1/4" drive nuts under the plastic. Point the hood as far to the left flipper as possible. Retighten.
2. Slightly bend the hood down. The ball will get less air and be more reliable.
3. Adjust eject power. I wouldn't recommend this before trying 1 and 2.

Thank you! I messed with the ejector power first and didnt really do anything for the trajectory. I'll try the other fixes.

#3521 3 years ago

The rose and gun also give increase paradise city

#3522 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think that Bra and Panties patches should have equaled super spinner.

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome thank you. That is great

#3524 3 years ago

I'm so damned jealous of those opening their LE's right now.
Still hoping I'll hear of a shipment before Christmas. Two weeks off for holidays and looking forward to being bored with COVID.

#3525 3 years ago

is there a virtual ball lock in the SE? curious how locking balls for each band members works on the SE

#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

is there a virtual ball lock in the SE? curious how locking balls for each band members works on the SE

It’s virtual. Left ramp.

#3527 3 years ago

Helped set up a LE this weekend. Day one order - this is the first CDN LE I've heard about. No pooling OR washers around slings. The new owner was VERY happy, my first impression is there are a lot of things going on here, have to do some serious reading about the rule set.

One question - who lets a game outta' the factory with flippers set like this.... geez..... and no, they were not loose. Other than that super impressed with the game.

JJPGNR1) (resized).jpegJJPGNR1) (resized).jpegJJPGNR2) (resized).jpegJJPGNR2) (resized).jpegJJPGNR3) (resized).jpegJJPGNR3) (resized).jpeg
#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyBoy:

Helped set up a LE this weekend. Day one order - this is the first CDN LE I've heard about. No pooling OR washers around slings. The new owner was VERY happy, my first impression is there are a lot of things going on here, have to do some serious reading about the rule set.
One question - who lets a game outta' the factory with flippers set like this.... geez..... and no, they were not loose. Other than that super impressed with the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For the record you will never see pooling out of box. Play 50 games and report back. Will be good or not then.

#3529 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyBoy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if it’s original build date. Mine said November 2020 and came with washers

#3530 3 years ago

How are the Limited game numbers assigned.
As most of us are waiting for our games, do get to pick from what's available when you get the call or do you get whatever is next?
my distro didn't know when I ordered on day 1.

At this point I care more about getting the game than what number it is

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

How are the Limited game numbers assigned.
As most of us are waiting for our games, do get to pick from what's available when you get the call or do you get whatever is next?
my distro didn't know when I ordered on day 1.
At this point I care more about getting the game than what number it is

I believe LE games are random. CE also, but with the option to request a number if it’s available.

#3532 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm so damned jealous of those opening their LE's right now.
Still hoping I'll hear of a shipment before Christmas. Two weeks off for holidays and looking forward to being bored with COVID.

Agreed! In the same boat. Fingers crossed for a Christmas miracle!

#3533 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For the record you will never see pooling out of box. Play 50 games and report back. Will be good or not then.

Incorrect. I’ve seen pooling on games directly out of the box before the game even got plugged in.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Incorrect. I’ve seen pooling on games directly out of the box before the game even got plugged in.

Can you show me a picture of this unboxing?

#3535 3 years ago

I've also seen pooling right out of the box from stern and jjp...

#3536 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The light up Flipper buttons look really good .
Alot better than the yellow , they must have had a few left over from The Hobbit LE's
[quoted image][quoted image]

screaminr are the illuminated red ones now stock?

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I've also seen pooling right out of the box from stern and jjp...

I stand corrected then. I should have said rarely.

#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

screaminr are the illuminated red ones now stock?

I have no idea , I just showed the picture of them looking cool .

Try the usual suppliers or just google them.
Check out pinball spare parts Australia
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=flipper+button

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I stand corrected then. I should have said rarely.

Obviously it wasn't to bad and got worse and more noticeable as the games were played ....especially it no precautions were taken before playing.

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you show me a picture of this unboxing?

LOL! If you don't want to believe be, that's fine. It really doesn't matter.

Here you are telling people they will NEVER see it. I'm simply stating you're wrong. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

I didn't think to take a picture. I never thought someone on Pinside would ask for me to prove it with photo evidence.

You sure are something...

I'm honestly made at myself for taking the time to even type this.

#3541 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

LOL! If you don't want to believe be, that's fine. It really doesn't matter.
Here you are telling people they will NEVER see it. I'm simply stating you're wrong. I've seen it with my own two eyes.
I didn't think to take a picture. I never thought someone on Pinside would ask for me to prove it with photo evidence.
You sure are something...
I'm honestly made at myself for taking the time to even type this.

He already corrected himself and apologized. Now let’s talk GNR, how freakin cool is this game!?!?!

#3542 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

While direct integration would be great, you could hardwire to a play5 or similar which has input jacks. I’m still annoyed at Sonos’s move to “next gen” and the S2 app, removing backwards compatibility. I have a large Sonos investment including in my arcade, and a good portion is now considered legacy by Sonos. I picked up a sub for a room this week only to discover I can use it with the speakers I have, but I have to either split my Sonos system in two or throw out all the “older” hardware. I returned the sub. Buyer beware...

Or a Play5 and a wireless transmitter would work, we use that for a few things.

#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have no idea , I just showed the picture of them looking cool .
Try the usual suppliers or just google them.
Check out pinball spare parts Australia
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=flipper+button

Might have to grab a set

#3544 3 years ago

I was told my game was shipping either last Friday or today....and it showed up today. Nice surprise!!!

No Slash poster in the box was a minor disappointment BUT The Spaghetti Incident? The F$!&ING SPAGHETTI INCIDENT? Unbelievable.

The incredible sound and light show are tempering my disappointment but I’ll learn to live with it.

624BB5CC-C7DE-4A57-9EF1-F336D18C2A7C (resized).jpeg624BB5CC-C7DE-4A57-9EF1-F336D18C2A7C (resized).jpeg
#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I was told my game was shipping either last Friday or today....and it showed up today. Nice surprise!!!
No Slash poster in the box was a minor disappointment BUT The Spaghetti Incident? The F$!&ING SPAGHETTI INCIDENT? Unbelievable.
The incredible sound and light show are tempering my disappointment but I’ll learn to live with it.
[quoted image]

I bet If you email JJP they’ll send you a different decal

#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

[quoted image]

Spaghetti Incident is much better than Chinese Democracy. Also do I see finger prints? Did someone try out the record easter egg?

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The Spaghetti Incident?

I forgot to check the one in my game.

It's this.

LTG : )

GNR (resized).jpgGNR (resized).jpg
#3548 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

[quoted image]

I feel your pain bud. I'm also a member of the Spaghetti club. Id just like to have a label from one of the albums included on the game. You'll forget its there in no time though.

#3549 3 years ago

Does anyone who added a sub want to share what they bought and how they tapped the audio (line level or post amp)?

#3550 3 years ago

Looks like it got Appetite for Destruction

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/71?hl=darkfader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.