image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 568.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

22 Songs including Patience actually.
Others:
4 Album modes (all single ball)
Slash Solo
Tour Mutiball
On the Road (loops hurry up)
Light the Flames (Pyro) Multiball
Throw the Lights (Lights) MB
Make Some Noise (Crowd) MB
Turn it Up (Amps) MB
Not in this Lifetime Wizard

There is the coma mode/multiball also.

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

There is the coma mode/multiball also.

Thanks. Added it.

Also:
Album modes can’t be stacked
Booster MBs can all be stacked together.
On the road stacks with anything except songs.

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh one other thing - The inside spinner shot to pops/lanes. I know ppl say it’s random, and to me, it feels completely like the katana ramp in DP but less consistent. I noticed a plastic guard at the end of the ramp by the lanes, I have a sneaky feeling the ball gets hung up on that guard which is why it’s not completing the shot. I haven’t completely dug into it, but it’s awfully close to causing bricked shots. Also, there’s a post with rubber entering that guide rail which seems fairly exposed to cause shots to ricochet. Hard to tell to be honest.
Anyone investigate that or do any tweaking in those areas yet? I’m tempted to take the plastic guard out just to see if it improves. But figured I’d pick others’ brains on it first. [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't think the "S" shot will go to the top lanes every time. There are just too many variables in play. Getting right from the spinner into the pops is very helpful when you are in a frenzy (switch hits) type mode. But it does make it up there a good deal of the time.

#3454 3 years ago

Listening to all you guys that have your pinball already is making me so excited for mine to show up. The anticipation is killing me!!!

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Listening to all you guys that have your pinball already is making me so excited for mine to show up. The anticipation is killing me!!!

Same here. So anxious for my game.

Love the description of how patches work too. How exactly do you collect patches though?

#3456 3 years ago

Ok having a problem notice it odd the diverter on left ramp would not drop during game heard a screw hit the box stop looked under to see 2 screws no biggie my Elvira diverter on the house flew off too...put everything back as the coil came off the housing and the spacer plate? I guess came off too but when I started game up no upper playfield flipper or ramp diverter working?im alright parts replacing but not much on stuff not working at all coil was warm any ideas would be appreciated thank you

#3457 3 years ago

I'm tired it's probably a fuse on the same circuit I just came off a 12 hour third but if anyone else knows anything or had this problem let me know something thanks

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think the "S" shot won't go to the top lanes every time. There are just too many variables in play. Getting right from the spinner into the pops is very helpful when you are in a frenzy (switch hits) type mode. But it does make it up there a good deal of the time.

Thanks. Is this how the entrance of your ‘S’ shot is? Looks like that target is in the way of really setting up the beginning of the shot. There’s a set screw behind it though to adjust the guide rail, im tempted to toy with it.

207F910E-DF00-47F5-97D9-01935193E3F7 (resized).jpeg207F910E-DF00-47F5-97D9-01935193E3F7 (resized).jpeg
#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. Is this how the entrance of your ‘S’ shot is? Looks like that target is in the way of really setting up the beginning of the shot. There’s a set screw behind it though to adjust the guide rail, im tempted to toy with it. [quoted image]

Looks like mine may have a little more clearance, but this spinner shot works great in mine.

#3460 3 years ago

For anyone concerned about JJP Service, just wanted to share that I sent in a service request Saturday at 11:00 pm and received an email back from Stephen the following Sunday morning at 6:00 am. Wasn’t expecting anything until Monday at the earliest, so this was fantastic. Problem solved and nice to know they are paying attention!!

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Looks like mine may have a little more clearance, but this spinner shot works great in mine.

When you say it works great. Does it do the full ‘S’ all the way to the AXL lanes more times than not? Or does it work great in the sense that you can rip the spinner, after that it’s random?

#3462 3 years ago

Found a pair of wire cutters in the cab of my GnR. Didn’t someone else find tools in there cab?

47481364-2F4C-436F-8FF9-13E60EC42BDA (resized).jpeg47481364-2F4C-436F-8FF9-13E60EC42BDA (resized).jpeg
#3463 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When you say it works great. Does it do the full ‘S’ all the way to the AXL lanes more times than not? Or does it work great in the sense that you can rip the spinner, after that it’s random?

A well placed shot will rip the spinner and usually go to the rollovers. But, I agree with Kermit, there are a lot of variables and most of the time it seems more advantageous to keep it in the pops anyway for switch hits to complete modes. But, it is cool to have it whip all the way around!

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

A well placed shot will rip the spinner and usually go to the rollovers. But, I agree with Kermit, there are a lot of variables and most of the time it seems more advantageous to keep it in the pops anyway for switch hits to complete modes. But, it is cool to have it whip all the way around!

Cool. I think my shot is fine. I may still toy with moving the target or guide to give better clearance.

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Found a pair of wire cutters in the cab of my GnR. Didn’t someone else find tools in there cab?

I know an occasional signed poster was a bonus. I didn't know tools were too !

LTG : )

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

[quoted image]

I think they are Slash's nasal hair trimmers, see if he signed them.

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I know an occasional signed poster was a bonus. I didn't know tools were too !
LTG : )

I got the signed poster as well!! I don’t want to be greedy so I will ship the wire cutters back to JJP on Monday! Don’t want anything to slow down production on this great game!

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. Is this how the entrance of your ‘S’ shot is? Looks like that target is in the way of really setting up the beginning of the shot. There’s a set screw behind it though to adjust the guide rail, im tempted to toy with it. [quoted image]

Hard to tell from your photo angle. My JAM target is centered in the playfield hole for it. It does overlap a bit, but usually doesn’t interfere. Pretty sure it’s like that so it’s possible to hit the JAM target on its way through the spinner. I’ve done this a lot.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

[quoted image]

Has Eric signed it?

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hard to tell from your photo angle. My JAM target is centered in the playfield hole for it. It does overlap a bit, but usually doesn’t interfere. Pretty sure it’s like that so it’s possible to hit the JAM target on its way through the spinner. I’ve done this a lot.

I moved it over a tad and moved the guide rail slightly right. Seems much better - I think the target is overlapping the guide by design to protect balls slamming into it. There’s an exit guide adjust as well, but looks like a pain to get at. Lowering the flipper power closer to factory helped too as I increased it a few notches. The 2nd part of the ‘S’ shot has some guide adjustments as well that I may tinker with later on but overall I think it’s fine, just the random design of the shot.

Back to flipper hop from the inlanes. Do you guys get it from time to time? I know nicoy3k said it’s normal on a new game and to give it time, but I’m tempted to readjust the flippers and see if it improves. It’s really not bad or anything, just my OCD kicking in and curious if it happens on other games as well (i.e. normal, or not).

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I moved it over a tad and moved the guide rail slightly right. Seems much better - I think the target is overlapping the guide by design to protect balls slamming into it. There’s an exit guide adjust as well, but looks like a pain to get at. Lowering the flipper power closer to factory helped too as I increased it a few notches. The 2nd part of the ‘S’ shot has some guide adjustments as well that I may tinker with later on but overall I think it’s fine, just the random design of the shot.
Back to flipper hop from the inlanes. Do you guys get it from time to time? I know nicoy3k said it’s normal on a new game and to give it time, but I’m tempted to readjust the flippers and see if it improves. It’s really not bad or anything, just my OCD kicking in and curious if it happens on other games as well (i.e. normal, or not).

I get a tiny hop on the right inlane, but I’m not using stock rubber. I think the rubber used makes a difference since they are not exactly the same.

Edit: really not much flipper hop at all here.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

22 Songs including Patience actually.
Others:
4 Album modes (all single ball)
Slash Solo
Tour Mutiball
On the Road (loops hurry up)
Light the Flames (Pyro) Multiball
Throw the Lights (Lights) MB
Make Some Noise (Crowd) MB
Turn it Up (Amps) MB
Coma (Ball save mode)
Coma Multiball
Not in this Lifetime Wizard

Thanks mate , I played a carnage mode that looked like a fighting video game , is that in your list under another name .

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks mate , I played a carnage mode that looked like a fighting video game , is that in your list under another name .

That’s one of the 4 album modes (Appetite for destruction album to be more specific).

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s one of the 4 album modes (Appetite for destruction album to be more specific).

Yes. Thirst for Carnage. Always get the Appetite Album Patch before starting. Fills the power meter half way to start.

#3475 3 years ago

No worries , that explaines it .
thanks guys

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 3 years ago

I got a ball stuck last night from a crazy bounce...

Been getting a lot of flying balls lately in the area just below the pops.

B5ADDD3F-5D9B-48CF-B74A-24343FAB1ADA (resized).jpegB5ADDD3F-5D9B-48CF-B74A-24343FAB1ADA (resized).jpeg
#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

[quoted image]

What is your flipper power at?

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

[quoted image]

These are an excellent set of cutters, and are expensive, perfect for the prepping RJ45 connectors.
Great to se JJP using quality tools.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

These are an excellent set of cutters, and are expensive, perfect for the prepping RJ45 connectors.
Great to se JJP using quality tools.

It is a great tool, but fairly inexpensive. Probably not worth the shipping cost. They do break so I like to buy a few at a time. At least I think these are the same. One of my most used tool in the toolbox.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765NMV68/ref=afx_dp_prime_egress

#3480 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I get a stuck ball off the top right pop often. Minor just a bump and keep playing. Pinball is a Random play. Nothing is predictable just the fun.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

I got the signed poster as well!! I don’t want to be greedy so I will ship the wire cutters back to JJP on Monday! Don’t want anything to slow down production on this great game!

YOU should sign them with a Sharpie “mind your tools, loving GnR” lol. Then send them back.

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I get a tiny hop on the right inlane, but I’m not using stock rubber. I think the rubber used makes a difference since they are not exactly the same.
Edit: really not much flipper hop at all here.

Swapped out the red for black rubbers and noticed an incredible difference. So nicoy3k is probably right about just giving the red some time to break in. But, black rubber on black bats makes it very hard to gauge flipper depth. Gonna play around with a few other types that I can scrape together from my bag of tricks bins or go back to the stock red and wait til they break in.

#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is your flipper power at?

I think I did turn it up slightly, I might have to back it off.

Thanks.

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It is a great tool, but fairly inexpensive. Probably not worth the shipping cost. They do break so I like to buy a few at a time. At least I think these are the same. One of my most used tool in the toolbox.
amazon.com link »

Nice
5 x that price down under
Wow you guys are on a good thing

#3485 3 years ago

Think I got my flipper issue resolved. While trying different rubbers, I noticed this:

Before:
8ABFEE8F-5CFE-49F4-8820-B5B363378748 (resized).jpeg8ABFEE8F-5CFE-49F4-8820-B5B363378748 (resized).jpeg

Made an adjustment. These flippers are pretty easy to adjust with a small ratchet tool. Much easier than sterns. After:

2747182E-2861-4EE5-8678-7BAA643EDD1D (resized).jpeg2747182E-2861-4EE5-8678-7BAA643EDD1D (resized).jpeg

The black rubbers worked the best, but hard to see black on black. Went with yellow and those worked really good but the ball bounces wildly on yellow rubbers so no real drop or live catches possible. Found some Marco reds I ordered awhile back and that did the trick.

Back in action and rocking out! Finally enjoying the pin and it’s pretty freakin bad ass. Time to start really digging into the rules, speaking of which is there anything written down anywhere on how to build song values or other side objectives in the game? I found some cool tour patches so gonna mess around with those and try to stack with tour multiball. So much to do! ...even though it doesn’t seem that way on the surface.

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think I got my flipper issue resolved. While trying different rubbers, I noticed this:
Before:
[quoted image]
Made an adjustment. These flippers are pretty easy to adjust with a small ratchet tool. Much easier than sterns. After:
[quoted image]
The black rubbers worked the best, but hard to see black on black. Went with yellow and those worked really good but the ball bounces wildly on yellow rubbers so no real drop or live catches possible. Found some Marco reds I ordered awhile back and that did the trick.
Back in action and rocking out! Finally enjoying the pin and it’s pretty freakin bad ass. Time to start really digging into the rules, speaking of which is there anything written down anywhere on how to build song values or other side objectives in the game? I found some cool tour patches so gonna mess around with those and try to stack with tour multiball. So much to do! ...even though it doesn’t seem that way on the surface.

Are you using a wide angle lens? Why does your flipper look like it’s 6 inches long?

#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Time to start really digging into the rules, speaking of which is there anything written down anywhere on how to build song values or other side objectives in the game?

I just edited the rule sheet Wiki on Tilt Fourms. Lots of stuff there. Didn’t post Patch Sets yet.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#3488 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I have been having this issue a lot on my SE. Launches from below the pops to the point that balls will end up on the stage.

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are you using a wide angle lens? Why does your flipper look like it’s 6 inches long?

Because size matters! Haha no idea why it came out like that really, maybe the angle zoomed in close? In either case I’m rockin now! Just had a fun game collecting like a dozen badges and playing tour multiball and slashes solo.

B83C8B2B-F269-4416-8EEA-811C1D7A0C1B (resized).jpegB83C8B2B-F269-4416-8EEA-811C1D7A0C1B (resized).jpeg
#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I have been having this issue a lot on my SE. Launches from below the pops to the point that balls will end up on the stage.

I almost forgot until your post.

Yeah I recently got a ball locked into the guitar lock area (from a ball launched up near the pops) and I thought... man am I good or what!!!?

#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Yeah so I discovered my issue. The record was not attached tightly to the shaft. Which allows it to seesaw, even when level with the playfield. If I push down on one edge it can essentially dip almost a quarter inch. Hard to photograph but two photos below try to show the difference. It was causing balls to slam into the wood and launch. Also caused the mylar to lift and the playfield art to separate along with it.

The design flaw here seems to be there is no way to tighten that screw without removing the record decal since it covers the screw.

I have a support ticket with JJP open to try and figure out how to fix.

20201206_165215 (resized).jpg20201206_165215 (resized).jpg20201206_165217 (resized).jpg20201206_165217 (resized).jpg20201206_185631 (resized).jpg20201206_185631 (resized).jpg
#3492 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

For me, It's everything I wanted adulting to be when I was an angry teenager. Its nostalgic and fun in all the right ways. There is something about it that reminds me of my old favorite machine that I can't remember from my adolescence. I'm absolutely terrible at it and am having a great time figuring it out. Right now, my favorite is Civil War If given the opportunity I would absolutely pay extra to have the ability to add on I Used to Love Her, Get in the Ring, and One in a Million. I can see why they didn't include those for public consumption, but for home use.. I'd pay for those to make the machine perfect for. me.

I'm having a blast introducing my teenagers kids to GNR The music is how I remember it and I actually like the videos of the band all grown up. We all grew up. I hope the guys in the band enjoy re-living some fun from the 80s 90s as much as we are.

The call outs are the best.

#3493 3 years ago

GNR arrived Friday. Only got to play a handful of games due to work. Go tonight to play and 4 of my guitar lock switches are continuously firing: the left guitar lock mid and top and the right guitar lock mid and bottom fire. Curious how to go about checking these as will I need to take off that guitar head? The switches will stop the continuous firing if I place a ball on top of the sensor. Thanks for any advice.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

GNR arrived Friday. Only got to play a handful of games due to work. Go tonight to play and 4 of my guitar lock switches are continuously firing: the left guitar lock mid and top and the right guitar lock mid and bottom fire. Curious how to go about checking these as will I need to take off that guitar head? Thanks.

Run the calibration first

#3495 3 years ago

Yep found someone’s earlier post that these switches auto calibrate on boot. So on reboot they are working fine. Thanks for the response

#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Run the calibration first

Screenshot 2020-12-06 232037 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-12-06 232037 (resized).png
#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Yeah so I discovered my issue. The record was not attached tightly to the shaft. Which allows it to seesaw, even when level with the playfield. If I push down on one edge it can essentially dip almost a quarter inch. Hard to photograph but two photos below try to show the difference. It was causing balls to slam into the wood and launch. Also caused the mylar to lift and the playfield art to separate along with it.
The design flaw here seems to be there is no way to tighten that screw without removing the record decal since it covers the screw.
I have a support ticket with JJP open to try and figure out how to fix.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that really sucks, sorry dude.

Thank you for posting this though. Because it made me realize my record assembly was sitting to low (most likely causing my crazy air balls) so I loosened the white plastic nut on the record assembly below and adjusted the height to be flush with the playfield.

Prior to this... I had a similar issue like you where my record assembly kept getting loose and it would sit lop-sided. I had done the repair from the bulletin with the loctite but I couldn’t correct it because the screw on the record assembly would not tighten. I realized the same as you that the screw under the decal is kinda a bummer because you have to break through it (decal) to get at it. Anyway they sent me a new record assembly and all was good after that.

Good luck with yours!

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Not sure why the week delay in response but glad at least it seems to be a fix.

It took a long-ass time for me to find it.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It took a long-ass time for me to find it.

We appreciate all of your hard work pinball_keefer and for being in the thread!

#3500 3 years ago

So now that I’m enjoying the game and digging in deeper, I gotta say I really like the upper pf. The choices to hit duff, lock a ball, or take a GNR patch letter are very fun and strategic. Really cool game. Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but it’s coming.

Hope to see more unboxing pics this week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/70?hl=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.