IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 568.
#251 3 years ago

You think you'll be able to buy GnR topper for LE?

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You think you'll be able to buy GnR topper for LE?

This one is available

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/guns-n-roses/9366/topper-for-guns-n-roses?c=2084

D01B7234-D66A-4B71-BD53-32390B6957D8 (resized).jpegD01B7234-D66A-4B71-BD53-32390B6957D8 (resized).jpeg
#253 3 years ago

Why is this appetite for destruction album cover banned?

01C89579-5EB4-4BD5-8678-25DA47534C67 (resized).jpeg01C89579-5EB4-4BD5-8678-25DA47534C67 (resized).jpeg
#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

[quoted image]

This was at when album covers and lyrics were heavily scrutinized.....

#255 3 years ago

I don't have a horse in this race but as far as a topper JBL bar 2.0 is 24.5 inches wide and provides excellent sound for around 120 usd.

#256 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Tipper Gore. She led the charge in 1985 to ban them.

#257 3 years ago

I won’t get into much detail, but many say the woman was sexually assaulted in this illustration.

Good article: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-cover-controversy/

#258 3 years ago

Im NOT a mod maker but found this today at Meijer in the Halloween decorations section for $9.99.
Looks like it could be modified or even used to make a mold for your own needs to mod .
Thought I would share in case any body would be able to utilize

thumbnail_20201006_131604 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20201006_131604 (resized).jpg
#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I won’t get into much detail, but many say the woman was sexually assaulted in this illustration.

That's call "Rock my World"

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

it’s sad to see him tossed to the curb from his own company.

We don't know that he has. He's in NJ. And travel restrictions may be involved. For his health or get quarantined somewhere.

I'd love to see him part of the excitement. Attempting his patented Guarneri cartwheel. Promoting the game.

Hopefully he'll pop up somewhere in all of this. Even something streamed.

LTG : )

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Im NOT a mod maker but found this today at Meijer in the Halloween decorations section for $9.99.
Looks like it could be modified or even used to make a mold for your own needs to mod .
Thought I would share in case any body would be able to utilize
[quoted image]

Hell, that's a $10 topper! No modding necessary

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just curious: has Jack himself appeared in any of the reveal stuff so far? I didn’t see him in anything. I know the investors have effectively taken over the company, and Jack hasn’t always made the best decisions, but it’s sad to see him tossed to the curb from his own company.

Not sad at all. He f$&ked us over with WoZ and Hobbit here in Australia. Was all sorry and sad on the phone when I rang him direct but did f&$k all to help. If he was still at the helm this game would not have made it into production going on his family friendly motto. Glad he’s gone and people running JJP now obviously know better. Company will be in the Black well and truly after this game.

#263 3 years ago

New video up....with potential spoiler

https://wgntv.com/news/deans-list/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-the-death-of-eddie-van-halen-bands-latest-pinball-release/

Look at the background at 1:16 in the video...Brand New POTC

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Look at the background at 1:16 in the video...Brand New POTC

Give it up. As far as I know never happening.

That game likely was a showroom model in NJ and was shipped to Chicago for the showroom there.

#265 3 years ago

How quickly do y’all think the LE will sell out? I would love to get one but I don’t think I could pull the trigger on another pin for another 6 months or so. I may have to work the corner to get enough for this one. Lol.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How quickly do y’all think the LE will sell out?

They are making 5000 ... no time soon. You'll be good when you're ready

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Give it up. As far as I know never happening.
That game likely was a showroom model in NJ and was shipped to Chicago for the showroom there.

Yes that's a valid point. Sorry for getting excited.

#268 3 years ago

Does anyone want to sell me their GnR CE for 14K?

#269 3 years ago

cool looking game, unfortunately the LE and higher is out of my price range in Aus, are there any photos of the Standard of the playfield especially in the top left corner where the upper playfield is on the LE / CE?

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How quickly do y’all think the LE will sell out? I would love to get one but I don’t think I could pull the trigger on another pin for another 6 months or so. I may have to work the corner to get enough for this one. Lol.

3 years if ever....

#271 3 years ago

So I read the in-depth game description from TWIP. The modes are not asking for some specific shots to be completed, it's all about keeping the ball(s) alive for the duration of the songs ?

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone want to sell me their GnR CE for 14K?

25k by Christmas

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

You have plenty of time. I could see a scenario where if the LE games sell out you see a “premium” game with no powder coat and a different art package with the same playfield features for $8500.

#274 3 years ago

Gameplay video from JJP just showed up on YouTube:

#275 3 years ago

I'm starting to be legitimately worried about the amount of multiball time in the game. So far, all the footage I see is start a song, play a long multiball with more than generous ball save times. I want multiball to be an achievement thats earned and rewarding, not the majority of my game. If this is the case, gameplay could get exhaustingly repetitive very fast.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm starting to be legitimately worried about the amount of multiball time in the game. So far, all the footage I see is start a song, play a long multiball with more than generous ball save times. I want multiball to be an achievement thats earned and rewarding, not the majority of my game. If this is the case, gameplay could get exhaustingly repetitive very fast.

That literally killed POTC JJP for me. Too much MB. I played the game tonight. MB is heavy for sure but hopefully it gets toned down a little with patches. You can also start a song I believe without MB but score wise, you would be silly to do so.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That literally killed POTC JJP for me. Too much MB. I played the game tonight. MB is heavy for sure but hopefully it gets toned down a little with patches. You can also start a song I believe without MB but score wise, you would be silly to do so.

Multiball all the time definitely isn’t fun.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yikes, that didn't make me feel any better.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So since you played and owned POTC, can these two games coexist in a lineup or is the style of gameplay too redundant?

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did the game shoot? Were the shots kinetically satisfying? Is there a good mix of easy and tough shots?

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How did the game shoot? Were the shots kinetically satisfying? Is there a good mix of easy and tough shots?

wrapping up some work - will post my thoughts soon but to summarize.....

If you're a GnR fan, this is a great game. If you don't care about the band, I can see people picking this game apart. By no means is this game (IMO - taking the GnR fanboy blinders off) one that will resonate with non GnR fans simply b/c of it's great gameplay or toys. For me, a GnR fan - it's a must have.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you're a GnR fan, this is a great game. If you don't care about the band, I can see people picking this game apart. By no means is this game (IMO - taking the GnR fanboy blinders off) one that will resonate with non GnR fans simply b/c of it's great gameplay or toys. For me, a GnR fan - it's a must have.

I think with that in mind, movies seem to be a safer theme. People are really specific with the music they like. Movies seem to cast a wider net of fans. I think Toy Story will be a hit with a larger group of people. If 500 CEs sold in 1 day I can see TS 1000 CEs selling out in first day. Also JJP should do a comic book themed pin, since movies/comic movies are the biggest hits right now. Something pinball companies should start to reconsider is video games as pinball machines, especially icons like Mario, Sonic, PacMan, etc. The 3d modelling is already done. Also since bars are popular locations, bringing back sports themed pins as they would also cast a large net.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Not sad at all. He f$&ked us over with WoZ and Hobbit here in Australia. Was all sorry and sad on the phone when I rang him direct but did f&$k all to help. If he was still at the helm this game would not have made it into production going on his family friendly motto. Glad he’s gone and people running JJP now obviously know better. Company will be in the Black well and truly after this game.

Well, now the new JJP screwed me too. Had a big deposit down for a CE, cancelled other prospects, and then JJP cut the promised allotment and I (and many others) are SOL. Whatever the F happened is totally unacceptable.

#284 3 years ago

Some more gameplay from someone who got the pin today.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks man! I'm a pretty big GNR fan so I'll likely pick one up at some point primarily because of how well they nailed the theme and it seems like the game would be as much fun to watch and listen to as to play. If anything it would make a great change of pace game in my lineup as most of my other games are fast, flow, short ball time games. This game seems more stop and go, and the timed features of the songs/modes seems interesting as well. Seems like its more about keeping the ball in play and shooting areas of the playfield vs. Precision shooting on a game like JP2. It definitely doesn't seem like a typical cookie cutter game which is a good thing.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Well, now the new JJP screwed me too. Had a big deposit down for a CE, cancelled other prospects, and then JJP cut the promised allotment and I (and many others) are SOL. Whatever the F happened is totally unacceptable.

Sucks...join the club .... the new JJP really screwed the pooch on this one...what a massive screw up on their part

#287 3 years ago

Looks like I'm also just gonna miss the ce cut off where I ordered from . Sucks as I wanted the total experience and was gonna order directly from jjp , but figured I was low enough with my distro. On the plus side the le will be more than fine (actually perfer the art and red trim) with the aftermarket stuff people will come up with and I'll save 3k+, but I'm not gonna lie my heart was set on a ce so I'm a little bummed. Lesson Learned ...order directly from jjp if getting a ce lol.

#288 3 years ago

Shit that’s not good .I preferred the art in LE myself and ordered one but I had a feeling the CE would boom in value right off the bat .Hearing that is real upsetting hopefully there’s a resolution for all of you .Best of luck to all !

#289 3 years ago

Although when I was on the fence I now remember my guy saying “If you order a CE I can’t guarantee it “.He was stressed I’m sure there was a Boom in sakes I can’t wait to hear the actual numbers .

#290 3 years ago

Well, colored me genuinely concerned after seeing that gameplay preview of starting a song. I really hope there’s more to this game than multiball marathons all day. Where is the risk/reward in that? Don’t even get a chance to risk your jackpot and end the song ‘cause you’re too busy adding more balls to an endless multiball with a ball saver that never runs out. Hope there’s some good settings and adjustments to prevent this. Also, been a long work day for me so hoping I’m just missing the big picture.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well, colored me genuinely concerned after seeing that gameplay preview of starting a song. I really hope there’s more to this game than multiball marathons all day. Where is the risk/reward in that? Don’t even get a chance to risk your jackpot and end the song ‘cause you’re too busy adding more balls to an endless multiball with a ball saver that never runs out. Hope there’s some good settings and adjustments to prevent this. Also, been a long work day for me so hoping I’m just missing the big picture.

I thought the same thing. I think the game looks absolutely amazing, but the two things of gameplay I've seen were kind of weird, like very long multiball sessions. But I have no idea whether that's just a coincidence or that's really what the main thing in the game is.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well, colored me genuinely concerned after seeing that gameplay preview of starting a song.

I don't care how many game launches I've watched, I will never understand people throwing over $12,000 at a game without even seeing real gameplay, let alone trying it for themselves.

It's a phenomenal package. I saw the press kit last Friday and had to bite my tongue from saying a word about it, because I really was impressed by what I saw. And if you're just a wealthy collector and not a player that's cool, it's your money.

But all I've seen so far is one kick ass package. As far as how it shoots and plays? No clue. Light shows, theme integration, and loving design aren't the same as great gameplay. (LCD looking pretty sweet too. I assume it's still JP doing that?)

Keefer is a great player and thoughtful programmer, but that doesn't mean the vision of this game will line up with what you're looking for. Im with SKB, I really hope it's not a multiball fest. Maybe it's supposed to appeal to more casual players by giving them lots of long playing balls to flail at, I dunno.

Hey, all you whales out there, throw your money at new games and keep the hobby afloat, I'm down. But I hope the gameplay can keep up with everything else the game shows and it's not just eye candy.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care how many game launches I've watched, I will never understand people throwing over $12,000 at a game without even seeing real gameplay, let alone trying it for themselves.
It's a phenomenal package. I saw the press kit last Friday and had to bite my tongue from saying a word about it, because I really was impressed by what I saw. And if you're just a wealthy collector and not a player that's cool, it's your money.
But all I've seen so far is one kick ass package. As far as how it shoots and plays? No clue. Light shows, theme integration, and loving design aren't the same as great gameplay. (LCD looking pretty sweet too. I assume it's still JP doing that?)
Keefer is a great player and thoughtful programmer, but that doesn't mean the vision of this game will line up with what you're looking for. Im with SKB, I really hope it's not a multiball fest. Maybe it's supposed to appeal to more casual players by giving them lots of long playing balls to flail at, I dunno.
Hey, all you whales out there, throw your money at new games and keep the hobby afloat, I'm down. But I hope the gameplay can keep up with everything else the game shows and it's not just eye candy.

I think tomorrow stream will answer a lot of questions, but I too fear this is just a multiball marathon, which honestly, I hate multiballs, not much skill and just swing for the fences. I'll line up a nice shot in multiball and gets hit by two other balls in the field. I usually craddle them and play one or two at a time, but I guess that's a no no in this game. I'm okay with chaos once in a while, but if that's every song, and the goal of the game is to play songs, then that's going to just hinder the game for me.

#294 3 years ago

So i rewatched the video, and I’m a little more amp’d the second time around. Despite the candy like add a ball features and never ending ball saver, there is a moment that occurs where the ball saver is off and it’s time to load the guitar for the power chord jackpot. And down to one ball left to load, he drains and his reward.....more multiball! Instead - here’s my constructive feedback to the JJP Rules Gods; but instead, it should be a diminishing multiball and when you load the power chord jackpot down to one ball in play, it should be all or nothing. you either make the shot and collect the power chord jackpot and rewarded to continue your multiball; or you drain and it’s ball over. Almost like you slowly progress out of multiball only to build up a new stage of multiball. Risk/Reward.

#295 3 years ago

Well, I watched the videos and decided I was in on a LE. Deposit paid. I am not the biggest GNR fan and was not sure if I would buy this pin, but the videos were enough. I like the idea of being at the concert. I was going to wait for the live stream but wanted it sooner rather than later.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right on dude! For me personally, it’s been more than 1 1/2 years since i bought my last pin (Deadpool). Working from home, taking care of little kids, schooling my 2nd grader, parenting, being a husband, pandemic, etc... my stress and anxiety levels have been high during this time. I am thankful That my wife and i are still working during this time, but it’s been rough i wont lie. It’s time to do something for myself, so I’ve been working my ass off to get in a position to buy another pin. I got locked in on the next run of JP2 Premium...and that’s when it happened, this hobby is all about timing...time and time again. I missed JJPOTC due to timing and was all gung ho on it. This time around, GNR landed at the most opportune time. And now I’m in on GNRLE. I wanted something different than the ‘samey’ stern feeling which is why I’ve been really eyeing hot wheels. GNR checks all the boxes, it’s different, it’s loaded, it’s packed. Gameplay and rules may not be as good as Elwin or Lyman, but this game looks pretty dam packed in all the other departments for me to take a chance. So that’s how I got here today.

Looking forward to more on this game, but one thing I’m more concerned with than gameplay and rules Is whether or not JJP can deliver in manufacturing. Their track record isn’t so well, can they produce in a high demand market and not only that, but roll onto the next game when demand dries up. Something about this release feels different from JJP, so I’m pulling for them and hope they bring it all home.

#297 3 years ago

All BS aside I’m just really happy to be getting one. This thing looks friggin rad. We put a deposit down on an LE first day.
This is the first new pin announcement where I have had multiple members of my extended family call me about it.
My wife’s brother (first time pin buyer) put a deposit down on and LE today and is on cloud 9. It’s really cool to see his excitement in this title.
Most of my extended family now love Pinball as a result of coming out and visiting. Two are now full fledged pin heads and the number is growing.
Fun to see this title spark interest in my family as most of the men that are my age we’re into rock in the 80s and are totally behind this.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

All BS aside I’m just really happy to be getting one. This thing looks friggin rad. We put a deposit down on an LE first day.
This is the first new pin announcement where I have had multiple members of my extended family call me about it.
My wife’s brother (first time pin buyer) put a deposit down on and LE today and is on cloud 9. It’s really cool to see his excitement in this title.
Most of my extended family now love Pinball as a result of coming out and visiting. Two are now full fledged pin heads and the number is growing.
Fun to see this title spark interest in my family as most of the men that are my age we’re into rock in the 80s and are totally behind this.

GnR is my sister's favorite band (knows how to play all the big songs on piano), and she's already planning to make a trip here once the LE arrives. She hasn't had any interest in pinball before, so it's a step

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Imo shots and mech/interaction is the most important. multiball balance can probably be easy to adjust during continous development.

#300 3 years ago

There is a crap ton of stuff to do in this game. I am not worried about the rules / multiball on this one. Hopefully I'll be playing today and post my thoughts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/6?hl=pinballrockdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.