IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 569.
#3401 3 years ago

I've said it before but with all the technology and Innovations in these games , it would be nice if they gave you a remote control to turn them on and off and adjust the volume .

#3402 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've said it before but with all the technology and Innovations in these games , it would be nice if they gave you a remote control to turn them on and off and adjust the volume .

i use google assistent for that with smart wall plugs. "ok google, turn Tommy on". "ok google, turn Guns n Roses on" works like a charm.

#3403 3 years ago

If someone said I could have NIB Avengers or NIB GnR tomorrow, it would be a tough choice.

Love Keith gamers and Avengers has best playfield design, flow is amazing.

Avengers seems to have the best code - breadth and so many ways to score.

GnR has the best audio package, and it's not even close. Nothing Keith can do about that.

Avengers shoots better, no doubt about that.

I think Avengers might be the better game.

That said, I would take GnR as building up huge song jackpots does not get old and theme integration is off the charts.

In reality, I want both

#3404 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Lucky dog with the poster haha. Congrats Kevin!
...downloaded most recent code. Oh snap, knew I forgot to do something last night. I think mine was on 1.08, what’s the latest version at? In any event. I’ll setup the WiFi later today.

They said I had just missed you packing up your game! Looks like I did pick the right one to get the signed poster! What was your build date. My code was at 1.04 when opened. Congrats on the new game!!

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

They said I had just missed you packing up your game! Looks like I did pick the right one to get the signed poster! What was your build date. My code was at 1.04 when opened. Congrats on the new game!!

Dang would have been nice to meet. Interesting we’re on different versions. I’ll check my build date when I get home.

#3406 3 years ago

Officially in the club.

20201205_101154 (resized).jpg20201205_101154 (resized).jpg
#3407 3 years ago

So who has played both SE and LE that can review based on gameplay?

Which shoots better?

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If someone said I could have NIB Avengers or NIB GnR tomorrow, it would be a tough choice.
Love Keith gamers and Avengers has best playfield design, flow is amazing.
Avengers seems to have the best code - breadth and so many ways to score.
GnR has the best audio package, and it's not even close. Nothing Keith can do about that.
Avengers shoots better, no doubt about that.
I think Avengers might be the better game.
That said, I would take GnR as building up huge song jackpots does not get old and theme integration is off the charts.
In reality, I want both

Have you ever owned a JJP pinball??

#3409 3 years ago

Dialing in tips - questions:

+ center spinner shot: more often then not, it goes into the pops. Sometimes it almost makes it around the 2nd loop up to lanes. But for the most part, it’ll brick or go into the pops. Any tips to dial that shot in?

+ once in awhile the drops off the drumsticks. Any tips?

I’m gonna pull glass shortly and look at both. My pitch is approx 6.7-6.8. I may try some experiments going both lower and higher but looking for any other owner feedback.

Thanks.

#3410 3 years ago

Looks like Cali buyers are starting to get their machines. I'm hoping my distributor calls me soon with news about mine .

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Looks like Cali buyers are starting to get their machines. I'm hoping my distributor calls me soon with news about mine .

Who’s your distributor?

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Have you ever owned a JJP pinball??

What is the relevance to comparing Avengers and GnR?

#3413 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Who’s your distributor?

Orange County Pinballs.

#3414 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What is the relevance to comparing Avengers and GnR?

Most of the time I see guys comparing JJP games that have never owned one nor have any in their wishlist it just seems that the JJP game comes in on the short end of the stick. I see it a lot.

#3415 3 years ago

Let’s see some new owner song jackpots!!!!

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dialing in tips - questions:
+ center spinner shot: more often then not, it goes into the pops. Sometimes it almost makes it around the 2nd loop up to lanes. But for the most part, it’ll brick or go into the pops. Any tips to dial that shot in?
+ once in awhile the drops off the drumsticks. Any tips?
I’m gonna pull glass shortly and look at both. My pitch is approx 6.7-6.8. I may try some experiments going both lower and higher but looking for any other owner feedback.
Thanks.

I don’t think there is anything to dial in with the pops, it’s supposed to go there and occasionally fly up to the lanes.

Never ever have had the ball fall off the drum sticks- are you level?

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think there is anything to dial in with the pops, it’s supposed to go there and occasionally fly up to the lanes.
Never ever have had the ball fall off the drum sticks- are you level?

I was at 6.9 pitch actually. Lowered to 6.7 and seems better so far. I’ll keep experimenting.

I think my only gripe on the game so far, and I this may be a simple fix (or it’s by design?), but the momentum of the ball through the inlane will typically come to a halt as soon as it hits the flipper rubber, throws off flow and timing big time. Anyone else notice this?

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I was at 6.9 pitch actually. Lowered to 6.7 and seems better so far. I’ll keep experimenting.
I think my only gripe on the game so far, and I this may be a simple fix (or it’s by design?), but the momentum of the ball through the inlane will typically come to a halt as soon as it hits the flipper rubber, throws off flow and timing big time. Anyone else notice this?

It goes away after a few dozen games

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It goes away after a few dozen games

Cool, good to know thanks. I’ll put my pinball OCD on ignore on that one for now haha.

Curious What flipper strength you guys have been going with? I increased the bottom flippers +1 which seems good. Factory had a little hard time making upper pf and loops. May experiment with some other settings too.

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i use google assistent for that with smart wall plugs. "ok google, turn Tommy on". "ok google, turn Guns n Roses on" works like a charm.

I do the same but with Alexa. “Turn on arcade” turns everything on, adjusts the lights, starts an arcade playlist on Spotify, and even all the signs including an “arcade” sign at the top of the basement stairs. I have an alternate routine that turns the pins on one by one with a delay, while turning on the corresponding ceiling lights as it goes. It takes a bit, but it’s an interesting effect.

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cool, good to know thanks. I’ll put my pinball OCD on ignore on that one for now haha.
Curious What flipper strength you guys have been going with? I increased the bottom flippers +1 which seems good. Factory had a little hard time making upper pf and loops. May experiment with some other settings too.

There is a diverter at the base of the drumsticks that is supposed to knock the ball off during certain scenarios.It feeds the ball to the upper right flipper. Is that what you're seeing?

#3422 3 years ago

I am having a frequent issue of after the knocker goes off my left tweeter speaker is going to complete static. Obviously something is going loose. Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent this? How do I actually get access to the tweeter, since its in an enclosure at the top of the head, if I want to re-solder the wires?

#3423 3 years ago

Joined the club with an SE as I wait for my CE! Excited to get some time on it.

4E733F50-7084-4B2F-94B9-66DC9A43B8B5 (resized).jpeg4E733F50-7084-4B2F-94B9-66DC9A43B8B5 (resized).jpeg6C8B8761-86CB-49AB-9BB5-7CFF6D1AD35C (resized).jpeg6C8B8761-86CB-49AB-9BB5-7CFF6D1AD35C (resized).jpeg
#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I am having a frequent issue of after the knocker goes off my left tweeter speaker is going to complete static.

In the backbox first I'd turn the game off. And clean any RCA connectors for audio. Be sure they are in tight.

Quoted from daley:

How do I actually get access to the tweeter, since its in an enclosure at the top of the head, if I want to re-solder the wires?

Two screws hold it on. On either side of the name plate. Careful of wires if you remove it.

LTG : )

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Joined the club with an SE as I wait for my CE! Excited to get some time on it. [quoted image][quoted image]

Look forward to hearing what you think of it! Congrats - looks great!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3426 3 years ago

Thank you. I would of had a open invite to local players, but the second lockdown brought that to a halt.
P1 has always been good to me.
Jerry Power has always looked after me and has always had good advice.
I’ll keep you posted if we ever do another launch party at my shop and your more then welcome to stop by!

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thanks for posting this NJA, PlayerOne it’s the best definitely.... that pic that you post looks insane man! Congrats!

#3427 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And it's official. GnR in the house. Mirrors look great on these. Got them from cointaker.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

not much clearance on my game between the playfield and cabinet, how much of a pain was it to install these? also, on CT site it says to order bally Williams remake blades, is that what u ordered? thx, Ryan

#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Thank you. I would of had a open invite to local players, but the second lockdown brought that to a halt.
P1 has always been good to me.
Jerry Power has always looked after me and has always had good advice.
I’ll keep you posted if we ever do another launch party at my shop and your more then welcome to stop by!

Sounds excellent ... Cheers!

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

not much clearance on my game between the playfield and cabinet, how much of a pain was it to install these? also, on CT site it says to order bally Williams remake blades, is that what u ordered? thx, Ryan

It wasn't nearly as tight as my jjp potc. Blades said jjp on the package. I can check with Melissa if it's helpful and let you know. She gets back to me quickly

#3430 3 years ago

Terrible game ended pretty decently, started Chinese democracy on ball 3 with no locks ended up with an applause jackpot and beating shall we play a game for a pretty decent 12 mil score.

#3431 3 years ago

I read some into patch strategy. Can some of you enlighten me on where to start. I need to understand groups of patches better. Curious what people go for first and then later in game.

On the SE I can play. I have been going with the fender patch first, then I switch over to song boosting patches for the album I’m going after. I think there is probably a better way than this.

Also are there patch combinations that help with non song multiball?

Thanks

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I read some into patch strategy. Can some of you enlighten me on where to start. I need to understand groups of patches better. Curious what people go for first and then later in game.
On the SE I can play. I have been going with the fender patch first, then I switch over to song boosting patches for the album I’m going after. I think there is probably a better way than this.
Also are there patch combinations that help with non song multiball?
Thanks

I’ve had the game for over a month and haven’t paid 1 second of attention to patches. They just aren’t presented in a way that is intuitive imo. At some point I’ll figure it out

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’ve had the game for over a month and haven’t paid 1 second of attention to patches. They just aren’t presented in a way that is intuitive imo. At some point I’ll figure it out

The patches and patch sets you go after totally depend on where you are at. If you need an extra ball, go after the vendor patches (Fender, Marshall, Vater, Gibson) and you will light extra ball. If you have the Appetite Album mode lit, go for the the Appetite patch and you get progress towards the death blow shot on him.

Typically as a general rule, I’ll go after Bra and Underwear on ball 1. This patch set gives you double bonus for the rest of the game. From there I’ll go for poster and T-shirt. This set will cut your rockit meter flipper decay in HALF. This is useful during hard songs so you don’t get booed off stage.

Lots more strategy here but that’s some ideas.

For Slash Solo, you want both the guitar pick and Slash Hat patches. These make the mode both easier and much higher scoring.

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The patches and patch sets you go after totally depend on where you are at. If you need an extra ball, go after the vendor patches (Fender, Marshall, Vater, Gibson) and you will light extra ball. If you have the Appetite Album mode lit, go for the the Appetite patch and you get progress towards the death blow shot on him.
Typically as a general rule, I’ll go after Bra and Underwear on ball 1. This patch set gives you double bonus for the rest of the game. From there I’ll go for poster and T-shirt. This set will cut your rockit meter flipper decay in HALF. This is useful during hard songs so you don’t get booed off stage.

Thanks. It’s all a bit overwhelming for my taste. There just seems to be too many patches with rewards that are too specific. I’m sure some folks love that level of detail though. Not using the patches hasn’t impacted my enjoyment of the game at all though I’m sure my scores would see a bit of a boost if I highly optimized my patch strategy.

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks. It’s all a bit overwhelming for my taste. There just seems to be too many patches with rewards that are too specific. I’m sure some folks love that level of detail though.

That’s to cool thing about this game. At the most basic level, you can explain it in 30 seconds. Then if you want to go deep, you can, but not required for sure.

#3436 3 years ago

Game is playing great but in the hot rails on the right side, only 15 of the top led’s are lighting. They were all working before. Anyone know if this is a connection issue, I checked but didn’t see anything! Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For Slash Solo, you want both the guitar pick and Slash Hat patches. These make the mode both easier and much higher scoring.

Thank you. That was what I was looking for. Some different styles than what I had been doing to go deeper into the rule set.

#3438 3 years ago

Another tip on patches. When ball is in shooter or you’re cradled, and you press action button to cycle patches, the small display inside the game will briefly display the award for the patch you’re on.

Also, learning the inlanes and knowing how they work to spot a letter is key. Took me a bit to figure it out, but flipper buttons cycle through the 3 inlanes, you want the inlane lit when the ball goes through it (or have it on GNR inlane when ball goes in the gutter on the mini pf to spot a letter too).

Other than that, I haven’t dug as deep as kermit24 but that’s the beauty of deep games. I typically find a patch that’s cool and go for it. Got to play Patience tonight cause I got that patch. Real cool. Also, when selecting a song, itll have the patch lit up next to the song if you got it which will increase scoring for it.

Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but did lose a 7 mil welcome to the jungle jackpot today haha.

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Another tip on patches. When ball is in shooter or you’re cradled, and you press action button to cycle patches, the small display inside the game will briefly display the award for the patch you’re on.
Also, learning the inlanes and knowing how they work to spot a letter is key. Took me a bit to figure it out, but flipper buttons cycle through the 3 inlanes, you want the inlane lit when the ball goes through it (or have it on GNR inlane when ball goes in the gutter on the mini pf to spot a letter too).
Other than that, I haven’t dug as deep as kermit24 but that’s the beauty of deep games. I typically find a patch that’s cool and go for it. Got to play Patience tonight cause I got that patch. Real cool. Also, when selecting a song, itll have the patch lit up next to the song if you got it which will increase scoring for it.
Still haven’t broke 10 mil, but did lose a 7 mil welcome to the jungle jackpot today haha.

Awesome. Yes the three in-lanes are VERY important when cycling through and allow you to collect patches quickly if you are paying attention. That one key detail took me a few weeks to figure out!!

#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome. Yes the three in-lanes are VERY important when cycling through and allow you to collect patches quickly if you are paying attention. That one key detail took me a few weeks to figure out!!

This sounds a lot like Wonka discussions with us trying to figure out all the complexities that is Wonka!

#3441 3 years ago

Here’s a few criticisms after day 2:

+ ball fluency from inlane to flipper is still a little rough at times. My left flipper has gotten way better and practically 100% smooth. Right flipper can still be sporadic. But, like nicoy3k mentioned earlier, this gets better in time and I’m starting to see that.

+ upper flipper loop. I can hit consecutive shots, I can hit loops/ramps and combo it. Feels really really good. BUT, there’s no cool sound effects or fan fanfare for looping that shot like there is in games like JJPOTC. I still need to learn the rules, but ‘seems’ like there’s little to no cool rules associated with that upper loop especially in song modes. Hoping there’s more to come code wise.

+ the code is really solid with a lot in it. But, it still feels like it’s missing that ‘it’ factor to tie everything altogether. This could also be me still learning the rules, but hoping there’s still more to come in the code dept. especially when you compare it to other JJP games.

These are just a few criticisms. The game is still pretty darn phenomenal and I’m still learning. But, song modes still feel like flail fests mainly because I am still learning what to do. It’s only been 1 full 24 hour day since setting it up after all

#3442 3 years ago

Oh one other thing - The inside spinner shot to pops/lanes. I know ppl say it’s random, and to me, it feels completely like the katana ramp in DP but less consistent. I noticed a plastic guard at the end of the ramp by the lanes, I have a sneaky feeling the ball gets hung up on that guard which is why it’s not completing the shot. I haven’t completely dug into it, but it’s awfully close to causing bricked shots. Also, there’s a post with rubber entering that guide rail which seems fairly exposed to cause shots to ricochet. Hard to tell to be honest.

Anyone investigate that or do any tweaking in those areas yet? I’m tempted to take the plastic guard out just to see if it improves. But figured I’d pick others’ brains on it first.

5A113387-9F40-41F7-97E0-5B71704C421E (resized).jpeg5A113387-9F40-41F7-97E0-5B71704C421E (resized).jpeg8F535C42-122E-4E50-89EF-F8E93BE674F2 (resized).jpeg8F535C42-122E-4E50-89EF-F8E93BE674F2 (resized).jpeg
#3443 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh one other thing - The inside spinner shot to pops/lanes. I know ppl say it’s random, and to me, it feels completely like the katana ramp in DP but less consistent. I noticed a plastic guard at the end of the ramp by the lanes, I have a sneaky feeling the ball gets hung up on that guard which is why it’s not completing the shot. I haven’t completely dug into it, but it’s awfully close to causing bricked shots. Also, there’s a post with rubber entering that guide rail which seems fairly exposed to cause shots to ricochet. Hard to tell to be honest.
Anyone investigate that or do any tweaking in those areas yet? I’m tempted to take the plastic guard out just to see if it improves. But figured I’d pick others’ brains on it first. [quoted image][quoted image]

I’m having the exact opposite experience with GnR and we’ve both had the game the same amount of time. My inlanes are fast and smooth, my middle loop always has the travel fanfare when made, the song multi balls are what you make them, and if you can get them under control what fun they are! The patch rules are fantastic. Trying to max out the mini multi balls and locking as many balls in the guitar lock before you start a song is awesome. Every shot on my game is smooth. So far, I can’t stop playing it!

#3444 3 years ago

Besides the 21 songs , how many modes are in the game .

#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

I’m having the exact opposite experience with GnR and we’ve both had the game the same amount of time. My inlanes are fast and smooth, my middle loop always has the travel fanfare when made, the song multi balls are what you make them, and if you can get them under control what fun they are! The patch rules are fantastic. Trying to max out the mini multi balls and locking as many balls in the guitar lock before you start a song is awesome. Every shot on my game is smooth. So far, I can’t stop playing it!

Yea. For the most part all the shots are smooth. Curious what your pitch is at? I am right around 6.7-6.8. May need to bring it down a touch. I’m super OCD when dialing in a pin, but don’t get me wrong, I got it playing fantastic for the most part. I was throwing stuff out there to see what other peeps are doing to dial things in.

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Most of the time I see guys comparing JJP games that have never owned one nor have any in their wishlist it just seems that the JJP game comes in on the short end of the stick. I see it a lot.

I couldn't care less who makes a game.

A great game, is a great game, whoever the manufacturer is.

GnR is shaping up to be a classic, and best JJP game to date, for me anyway.

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

only 15 of the top led’s are lighting

Mine had this problem too, support had me unplug left and right hot rails and switch them. Didn’t change anything and they sent me a new hot rail. pull the old one out and slide the new one in...plug in and zip tie the wires and I was back in business!

#3448 3 years ago

Anyone use the scorebit app? I may be getting old but that app seems like a POS. Do you have to create a location? Thanks for any help.

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Besides the 21 songs , how many modes are in the game .

22 Songs including Patience actually.

Others:
4 Album modes (all single ball)
Slash Solo
Tour Mutiball
On the Road (loops hurry up)
Light the Flames (Pyro) Multiball
Throw the Lights (Lights) MB
Make Some Noise (Crowd) MB
Turn it Up (Amps) MB
Coma (Ball save mode)
Coma Multiball
Not in this Lifetime Wizard

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Anyone use the scorebit app? I may be getting old but that app seems like a POS. Do you have to create a location? Thanks for any help.

It’s been pretty solid lately. You need to create your game room as a location but can make it private. I had a few friends over last night and we put the scoreboard on the TV via AirPlay. When you start a game each player can claim their spot and it’s easy to track who is up etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,500 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/69?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.