IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 568.
#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Told the wife I would sell one for GNR... made it fit and in no hurry
[quoted image]

Did you quote the date and time it would be sold by ??

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Did you quote the date and time it would be sold by ??

No.

#3303 3 years ago

Just got my JJP GNR LE today. filming a most epic unboxing video, stay tuned to my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHfiagwISS_15WwJk804aA?view_as=subscriber

IMG_E0857 (resized).JPGIMG_E0857 (resized).JPG
#3304 3 years ago

Cool. Is it just me or does that left leg look like its on more of angle then the other one?

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I have to say I am pretty disappointed with the lack of communication from JJP on our GNR machine. We are having a serious resetting issue on location and we sent an initial request 10 days ago, it took them 5 days to respond to us, and then I sent them a dump file that day once they requested for it, and still no response back on this issue. Being on location clients want to play the machine, and with the way things are right now it is already difficult enough as it is without the machine working. We had to cancel a launch party event and reschedule and this issue might not be addressed by the time the rescheduled date is on Dec 11, very disappointing. Out of the big three (Stern, JJP, AP) I would have to say they are the most unresponsive to technical issues, just something to think about again when purchasing machines from certain manufacturers. AP is by far the best with response times in hours instead of days.

I agree with you, but I would add that Multimorphic support is the best in my experience. Probably as good as AP, but I have not owned AP yet. MM was emailing me, often Gerry Stellenberg himself, at any time of day, night or weekend. they're amazing.

JJP is inundated IMO with tech problems on most if not all of their games. they have a QC problem, yes, but eventually, they will get around to resolving them. I sympathize with you as an operator it is a huge bummer to shut your launch party down and your new attraction game being disabled is such a huge kick in the junk.

I hope your issues are attended to promptly in the future with JJP. Hope they are listening here...

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Black was on the SE models earlier

Just maybe they listened to the negative people suggesting they were trying to hide something when 'clearly' they wern't?

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Probably as good as AP, but I have not owned AP yet. MM was emailing me, often Gerry Stellenberg himself, at any time of day, night or weekend. they're amazing.
JJP is inundated IMO with tech problems on most if not all of their games. they have a QC problem, yes, but eventually, they will get around to resolving them. I sympathize with you as an operator it is a huge bummer to shut your launch party down and your new attraction game being disabled is such a huge kick in the junk.
I hope your issues are attended to promptly in the future with JJP. Hope they are listening here...

Just a variable to consider... You are comparing companies with 10's of Thousands of customers to those with Hundreds of Total sales. Yes, these other companies can for Sure improve and it does get frustrating but they are Far from similar in resources per customer/owner.

#3308 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Black was on the SE models earlier

Yes but only on the sling posts, same for LE?

#3309 3 years ago

Just got mine up and running. Super fun game. How do you all have your different sound levels set?

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Cool. Is it just me or does that left leg look like its on more of angle then the other one?

I was thinking that as well looking at that pic. Although that is a good picture!

#3311 3 years ago

I disabled the camera in the physical settings and still getting the reset issue on my third ball. Pretty frustrating I have to say, even more frustrating as JJP still hasn’t gotten back to me after I sent them the dump file. The game now has a left flipper issue I have to deal with now too, all I can say is I have a bunch of Sterns in here and they don’t have any issues hardly ever. This machine has been a nightmare right from the start. Too bad as I think it is generally a descent game to play once you tweak the settings a little for gameplay. One frustrated customer, what do you do.

Quoted from pins4life33:

Okay I will try that next time I am in the arcade, and let you know. Funny that JJP did not provide that advice on their response a few days ago and just wanted the dump file. Thanks.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Told the wife I would sell one for GNR... made it fit and in no hurry
[quoted image]

If she makes you sell one I’d buy the DP for my kid

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If she makes you sell one I’d buy the DP for my kid

Can't see it being DP, hard to pick from that lineup for most but Nedry couldn't leave my place quick enough.....ahhh ahhh ahhhhhh, ahhh ahhh ahhhh Shoot the left ramp ugh

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

even more frustrating as JJP still hasn’t gotten back to me

Please keep calling. Barry, Ken, or Steve.

LTG : )

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I disabled the camera in the physical settings and still getting the reset issue on my third ball. Pretty frustrating I have to say, even more frustrating as JJP still hasn’t gotten back to me after I sent them the dump file. The game now has a left flipper issue I have to deal with now too, all I can say is I have a bunch of Sterns in here and they don’t have any issues hardly ever. This machine has been a nightmare right from the start. Too bad as I think it is generally a descent game to play once you tweak the settings a little for gameplay. One frustrated customer, what do you do.

Does it always happen on ball 3? Is it a certain song that causes? Can you replicate the issue? Or does it seem completely random?

It seems to happen often from your posts, so I highly doubt it’s a software issue or we’d hear more about it from the other 7 owners (that was a joke). Unfortunately, sounds like something more serious. Hope you start getting better support and JJP gets you back on track soon. Please keep us updated on what the fix is once it’s determined. good luck!

#3316 3 years ago

From what I gather it is random, but it only happens on third ball or at least I have only ever seen it happen on the third ball. I guess I could do a stop watch and see if it resets at a certain point on every ball 3. It isn’t a shot that triggers it thou that is for sure. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen in a pinball machine.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does it always happen on ball 3? Is it a certain song that causes? Can you replicate the issue? Or does it seem completely random?
It seems to happen often from your posts, so I highly doubt it’s a software issue or we’d hear more about it from the other 7 owners (that was a joke). Unfortunately, sounds like something more serious. Hope you start getting better support and JJP gets you back on track soon. Please keep us updated on what the fix is once it’s determined. good luck!

#3317 3 years ago

Man this game...I got my le from flip n out pinball tonight.I never played a game with this many layers.I'm speechless....Everything from here on out will be compared to this.I own Elvira hoh that I love and would never get rid of...but this is the new standard.the Golden age isn't the 90s it's now.I got it thinking maybe it's hype there is not a lot going on in the playfield as far as toys or as a "Hobbit" or "woz" boy I didn't get it til now.Best I've played all around.Oh and I love the plunge unlike some "different"Oh mine had clear washers around the post too and looks great.

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

Man this game...I got my le from flip n out pinball tonight.I never played a game with this many layers.I'm speechless....Everything from here on out will be compared to this.I own Elvira hoh that I love and would never get rid of...but this is the new standard.the Golden age isn't the 90s it's now.I got it thinking maybe it's hype there is not a lot going on in the playfield as far as toys or as a "Hobbit" or "woz" boy I didn't get it til now.Best I've played all around.Oh and I love the plunge unlike some "different"Oh mine had clear washers around the post too and looks great.

Well done , sounds like you will really enjoy it.
The game is on another level , it makes my Hobbit look old .

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

From what I gather it is random, but it only happens on third ball or at least I have only ever seen it happen on the third ball. I guess I could do a stop watch and see if it resets at a certain point on every ball 3. It isn’t a shot that triggers it thou that is for sure. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen in a pinball machine.

The game has detailed logs in the menu system under Reports / Event Logs. It would be easy to determine exactly when the resets are happening, because it would show the power cycle mid game. I doubt it is solely software. I have hundreds of plays on my game and would be seeing some of that I believe if it was only a software issue.

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

Pinball of the year?

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pinball of the year?

Yes, and it is not close.

#3322 3 years ago

It’s got lots going for it, but it also has weaknesses.

Same for AIQ.

Neither is perfect.

I’ll be voting for AIQ since it has better shots and gameplay/rules imo. Those are the two most important things in a game for me.

GNR is amazing in all the other facets, but falls short in the shots and gameplay/rules compared to AIQ.

RM will get some votes, but I fully expect a close one between GNR and AIQ. AIQ will probably win solely due to more people having played it.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same for AIQ.
Neither is perfect.
I’ll be voting for AIQ since it has better shots and gameplay/rules imo. Those are the two most important things in a game for me.
GNR is amazing in all the other facets, but falls short in the shots and gameplay/rules compared to AIQ.
RM will get some votes, but I fully expect a close one between GNR and AIQ. AIQ will probably win solely due to more people having played it.

I have played AIQ quite a bit. Like the shots and the rules, but the generic music and callouts drag it down BIG time. It doesn't really build up to to a huge moment in virtually every game like GNR does. Yeah, battling Thanos is cool, but it won't happen often. The games needs more "soul".

#3324 3 years ago

Yep. That’s where it’s weak, but for me, the areas it’s weak in are way down my priorities list for game of the year.

#3325 3 years ago

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and what they want in a game .
I have limited space and money , so for me the whole overall package is very important .
I want a theme I like , a deep Keith Johnson ruleset , a few ramps and flippers , great shots , fun layout , call outs , art , theme integration , video and audio assets of the theme and for it to be fun for people who aren't into pinball as much as me .
Then there are the non gameplay features .
A quality cabinet , the high gloss decals , full length rails under the playfield , Bluetooth for headphones , new sensor switches , internet connectivity , free scorbit , awesome animations , the on/off switch in the proper place , the camera that puts you in the concert or takes a selfie with you with Slash , even the arm the LCD swings out on .
Reliability is a big thing for me as well , it has diverters and a spinning disc but they are kinetic , less chance for things to break down .
Has anyone mentioned it has the best light show ever put into a pinball machine
Game of the year ? More like Game of the 21st century .
To me GNR ticks all the boxes .

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have limited space and money , so for me the whole overall package is very important .
I want a theme I like , a deep Keith Johnson ruleset , a few ramps and flippers , great shots , fun layout , call outs , art , theme integration , video and audio assets of the theme and for it to be fun for people who aren't into pinball as much as me .
A quality cabinet , the high gloss decals , full length rails under the playfield , Bluetooth for headphones , new sensor switches , internet connectivity , free scorbit , awesome animations , the on/off switch in the proper place , the camera that puts you in the concert or takes a selfie with you with Slash , even the arm the LCD swings out on .
Reliability is a big thing for me as well , it has diverters and a spinning disc but they are kinetic , less chance for things to break down .

Testify brother!!!Totally agree GnR game of the year

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, and it is not close.

Very wise man! I agree 100%.

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. That’s where it’s weak, but for me, the areas it’s weak in are way down my priorities list for game of the year.

Are you buying either of them?

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Testify brother!!!Totally agree GnR game of the year

I didn't even get around to mentioning the symbols on the pop bumpers , the drum sticks ramp , the guitar head ball lock , the guitar string habbit trail , the cat walks , the awesome sculps , the guitar pick spinners that glow all different colours , piano keys that make different sounds as you roll over them , the articulating spotlights , the album covers on the spinning disc , the second LCD which shows actual video from the concert .
Talk about a world under glass .

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I didn't even get around to mentioning the symbols on the pop bumpers , the drum sticks ramp , the guitar head ball lock , the guitar string habbit trail , the cat walks , the awesome sculps , the guitar pick spinners that glow all different colours , piano keys that make different sounds as you roll over them , the articulating spotlights , the album covers on the spinning disc , the second LCD which shows actual video from the concert .

Now your preaching to the choir brother !

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Quoted from screaminr:

You know when you put it that way.....

#3332 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

could you show some pics of the washers on the posts. Mine is set to arrive in january and if those washer help with the pooling i am quite ok with it if it doesnt jumps out that much.

The transparent washers are only on sling posts. Throughout the playfield there are metallic washers. Not sure if these were in the first run or not. Again nothing obtrusive and looks good enough for me.C54ABEC1-78B7-4C8C-8391-F46A30A1733A (resized).jpegC54ABEC1-78B7-4C8C-8391-F46A30A1733A (resized).jpeg

3A31C61B-23BC-405F-BB19-C8231C3C23A2 (resized).jpeg3A31C61B-23BC-405F-BB19-C8231C3C23A2 (resized).jpeg7F16CEA6-190A-473C-8E3D-FFCAC5E1A8D3 (resized).jpeg7F16CEA6-190A-473C-8E3D-FFCAC5E1A8D3 (resized).jpeg
#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

The transparent washers are only on sling posts. Throughout the playfield there are metallic washers. Not sure if these were in the first run or not. Again nothing obtrusive and looks good enough for me.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

The clear definitely looks better.

#3334 3 years ago

While gnr definitely deserves game of the year, I won’t be surprised if avengers takes it. Simply put, the stern army is so big, and there are flat out way more avengers out for people to play. It’s a tough hurdle to overcome. If by some chance gnr actually wins, imo it is a real testament of just how awesome this game is.

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

While gnr definitely deserves game of the year, I won’t be surprised if avengers takes it. Simply put, the stern army is so big, and there are flat out way more avengers out for people to play. It’s a tough hurdle to overcome. If by some chance gnr actually wins, imo it is a real testament of just how awesome this game is.

Agreed. Sadly thats why the voting really doesn't mean much. Same theory with the Pinside top 100. 100 ish GnR owners vs Thousands of Avengers owners is likely not going to go in JJP's favor. And luckily it really doesn't matter.

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. Sadly thats why the voting really doesn't mean much. Same theory with the Pinside top 100. 100 ish GnR owners vs Thousands of Avengers owners is likely not going to go in JJP's favor. And luckily it really doesn't matter.

The Twippy's are only important to TWIP & "The Winners" (read Kaneda)
However, the way voting changed this year will definitely skew the results, everyone will get a participation trophy and businesses are favored over home brewers. It has gone from a yawn to a WGAF.

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Avengers won’t. I would be shocked. Really no comparison.

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

The transparent washers are only on sling posts. Throughout the playfield there are metallic washers. Not sure if these were in the first run or not. Again nothing obtrusive and looks good enough for me.[quoted image]

Are they hard plastic or do they have some flex to them? Any spares included in the box

#3339 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thanks for the photo's now i got a good idea of what it's like and nothing disturbing to look at in my opinion.

#3340 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Avengers won’t. I would be shocked. Really no comparison.

There’s just too many owners for it not to win.

My personal opinion on game of the year (and I’ve played all 4):

GNR > R&M > Hotwheels > ....................AIQ.

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So are you saying GnR is best?

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So are you saying GnR is best?

Of those 4 pins, yes. R&M is really close, what a cool game!

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s what I thought but the dots threw me a bit and I peak at your pin collection.Thanks for being real instead of a fan boy.I have 2 JJP’s but I can easily say I enjoyed DP and JP 2

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rick and Morty is like JP2 for me. Good game to play and shoot, but the repetitive callouts do my head in and i wouldn't have them in the house.

Shoot the left ramp and get to the garage. Fuck

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have you played Celts?

MakeThatAllFivePunkin

#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s what I thought but the dots threw me a bit and I peak at your pin collection.Thanks for being real instead of a fan boy.I have 2 JJP’s but I can easily say I enjoyed DP and JP 2

No bias from me, absolutely none whatsoever.....oh, except I may have a GNR soon

Quoted from punkin:

Have you played Celts?
MakeThatAllFivePunkin

No. Has anyone in America?

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Rick and Morty is like JP2 for me. Good game to play and shoot, but the repetitive callouts do my head in and i wouldn't have them in the house.
Shoot the left ramp and get to the garage. Fuck

One shot games get old quick!I loved Bride Of Pinbot but after owning for a while I’m ready to sell her.

#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No bias from me, absolutely none whatsoever.....oh, except I may have a GNR soon

No. Has anyone in America?

NOT disputing your vote just asking. You are ready to call it Game Of the Year yet you still don't OWN it?? I have played many titles over the year one dollar at a time and thought they were Must have incredible.....Till I bought one. lol

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same for AIQ.
Neither is perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.