IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 567.
#3101 3 years ago

20201114_195827 (resized).jpg20201114_195827 (resized).jpg20201114_200305 (resized).jpg20201114_200305 (resized).jpg20201114_200400 (resized).jpg20201114_200400 (resized).jpg20201114_200414 (resized).jpg20201114_200414 (resized).jpg20201114_200707 (resized).jpg20201114_200707 (resized).jpg

#3102 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same as le except for the lights under the cab and on the topper

Actually they’re individually controlled RGBs under the cab and behind the backbox. It has the potential to put on an amazing show, hence my interest.

#3103 3 years ago

Here's a screenshot during one of songs in Jukebox mode with the setting Music plus Video & Lights.

IMG_6701 (resized).jpgIMG_6701 (resized).jpg
#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was told no CE’s this year. ZERO!

Hmmm, my distributor was told by jjp CEs getting built in December followed by LEs starting after new year. Was told to expect my LE Jan/Feb and I was a day one order.

#3105 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Here's a screenshot during one of songs in Jukebox mode with the setting Music plus Video & Lights.
[quoted image]

Nice! I wish there was an option to have the video portion just show the graphics instead of the live concert footage. Would of been perfect!

#3106 3 years ago

If you’ll recall, last week JJP was on track to reveal their production plan to distributors and to direct customers. This week we have heard multiple responses but no answers. None of these responses indicate production is shut down, in spite of no new signs of life. A pic of 60 games for overseas when 100 games were rumored to have been built before the announcement does not float my boat. Especially when that should be one week’s production. And why are they sitting there, instead of shipping them out already? Are they trying to produce another 30 or 40 pins before shipping the load? That shouldn’t take a half week and it’s time to get those games on the water. I’m committed to giving things until Dec 15 before freaking out. Is JJP aware people have no idea when final balances are due nor when their games will arrive until they announce their actual plans. Maybe a good time for a podcast to cover the topic. Come on Ken Cromwell - use JJP’s Free-Radio to interview the Chicago plant manager and to broadcast their production plans. JJP has created the confusion and they alone can clear it up.

#3107 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Nice! I wish there was an option to have the video portion just show the graphics instead of the live concert footage. Would of been perfect!

I'm pretty sure the custom animation doesn't run the entire time behind them during a concert. A lot of the time the big screen behind the stage is showing the band. Its not all live footage in Jukebox mode.

#3108 3 years ago

[quoted image]

The translite looks good with the extra lighting

#3109 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure the custom animation doesn't run the entire time behind them during a concert. A lot of the time the big screen behind the stage is showing the band. Its not all live footage in Jukebox mode.

You may be right...but if I recall correctly, there is a custom animation running through the whole concert, it may not be on the back screen but in the "Not in this Lifetime" tour, I believe there was a constant animation on the stairs as each step had a screen. Could be wrong, it's been a while since I last saw them live. Also there is a constant animation in the corner when the live is being shown, and they switch between the two, so I believe there is an animation for the entire song.

#3110 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to the extra backbox lighting kit?

#3112 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you’ll recall, last week JJP was on track to reveal their production plan to distributors and to direct customers. This week we have heard multiple responses but no answers. None of these responses indicate production is shut down, in spite of no new signs of life. A pic of 60 games for overseas when 100 games were rumored to have been built before the announcement does not float my boat. Especially when that should be one week’s production. And why are they sitting there, instead of shipping them out already? Are they trying to produce another 30 or 40 pins before shipping the load? That shouldn’t take a half week and it’s time to get those games on the water. I’m committed to giving things until Dec 15 before freaking out. Is JJP aware people have no idea when final balances are due nor when their games will arrive until they announce their actual plans. Maybe a good time for a podcast to cover the topic. Come on Ken Cromwell - use JJP’s Free-Radio to interview the Chicago plant manager and to broadcast their production plans. JJP has created the confusion and they alone can clear it up.

Freak out? Really? World hunger, pandemic, democracies in jeopardy... these are things to freak out about. Pinball is a game. Maybe yours will take a month or two longer to arrive than originally thought. Let's have a little perspective and patience. JJP will deliver.

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hmmm, my distributor was told by jjp CEs getting built in December followed by LEs starting after new year. Was told to expect my LE Jan/Feb and I was a day one order.

I soooo hope your right.

#3114 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Freak out? Really? World hunger, pandemic, democracies in jeopardy... these are things to freak out about. Pinball is a game. Maybe yours will take a month or two longer to arrive than originally thought. Let's have a little perspective and patience. JJP will deliver.

Says the guy with the CE in his collection already.

#3115 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Says the guy with the CE in his collection already.

#3116 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

You have a CE in your collection right now???

#3117 3 years ago

My LE is being shipped to me next week so there are USA orders being made. No SE for a bit. CEs hitting the line for the next couple months.

#3118 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

My LE is being shipped to me next week so there are USA orders being made. No SE for a bit. CEs hitting the line for the next couple months.

What distributor do you use?

#3119 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

What distributor do you use?

My opinion, I am not sure if it really matters what distributor was used. I feel bad for all parties involved, and yet we are in the middle of a pandemic. I am a LE order, which I set the expectation it will be early next year. I have checked in a couple times with my Distributor (FlipNOut), and they haven't heard anything and I trust that. I am assuming that JJP is being silent because they are not at a position that they can even predict when Distributors will actually get games due to so many varialbes (parts, playfield issues, tweaking the line, etc). I have been extremely fortunate for owning 2 NIB Sterns and 2 NIB JJPs, and it is such an awesome experience. I am also fortunate that I have games to play every day, and now even more with things shut down.

Sorry for the long post, but yeah trying to track what distributor someone ordered through I think just adds more stress with when you may or may not get your game. JJP only really knows, and obviously this is where they still have a lot of learning to do (communication with the distros). Any new CE folks, this is typical for JJP. They always do a LE run and Standard run, then CE run. Louisville is very lucky to have Zanzabar, which they always get the CEs, and history has proven this pattern.

With Stern saying they have a crazy backlog, JJP announcing an amazing game and keeping on advertising it like crazy, oh and they just literally moved a factory in a pandemic; to me it just means longer waits that what was typical. I hope people get their games as soon as possible, but I think people should just set the expectation of next year. Heck, maybe it will be better to even just start a "pre-order thread", since there is only like a dozen pinsiders that have LEs, a dozen with Standards, and maybe a couple CEs. It is going to be a long wait unfortunately for most, including myself, but I am ok with that.

Just my 1 credit's worth.

#3120 3 years ago

First day order .Was told April/May if lucky and I believe him! Like the previous guy I’m fine with whatever .Getting anxious does nothing just forget about it until you get the call is my advise !

#3121 3 years ago

It was funny today .
I rang a radio station trying to get Guns N Roses tickets , I got through but I didn't get the tickets .
I spoke to the host for a bit and I told her about the new gnr game , she Googled it and freaked out how expensive it was . I told her it was the best pinball machine ever made and how cool it was .
About an hour later my wife rang me and said I was currently on the radio .
It's the biggest station for tradies and people in our age group .
So GNR got a free plug . I wonder if they'll get a few extra sales .

#3122 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

My opinion, I am not sure if it really matters what distributor was used. I feel bad for all parties involved, and yet we are in the middle of a pandemic. I am a LE order, which I set the expectation it will be early next year. I have checked in a couple times with my Distributor (FlipNOut), and they haven't heard anything and I trust that. I am assuming that JJP is being silent because they are not at a position that they can even predict when Distributors will actually get games due to so many varialbes (parts, playfield issues, tweaking the line, etc). I have been extremely fortunate for owning 2 NIB Sterns and 2 NIB JJPs, and it is such an awesome experience. I am also fortunate that I have games to play every day, and now even more with things shut down.
Sorry for the long post, but yeah trying to track what distributor someone ordered through I think just adds more stress with when you may or may not get your game. JJP only really knows, and obviously this is where they still have a lot of learning to do (communication with the distros). Any new CE folks, this is typical for JJP. They always do a LE run and Standard run, then CE run. Louisville is very lucky to have Zanzabar, which they always get the CEs, and history has proven this pattern.
With Stern saying they have a crazy backlog, JJP announcing an amazing game and keeping on advertising it like crazy, oh and they just literally moved a factory in a pandemic; to me it just means longer waits that what was typical. I hope people get their games as soon as possible, but I think people should just set the expectation of next year. Heck, maybe it will be better to even just start a "pre-order thread", since there is only like a dozen pinsiders that have LEs, a dozen with Standards, and maybe a couple CEs. It is going to be a long wait unfortunately for most, including myself, but I am ok with that.
Just my 1 credit's worth.

Maybe I have a different reason for asking him. Like verifying what my distributor told me. After the first paragraph that post was too long to read. Heard to guess what someone’s intentions might be.

#3123 3 years ago

JJP deleted my Facebook post yesterday. I wasn’t being obnoxious, just making observations and asking questions. I am also in on an LE.

The photo yesterday showed by my count approximately 95 machines boxed. The comment suggested all we’re headed overseas. Previously they had confirmed via Facebook that LE were back on the line November 3rd after a short run of SE. Assuming 1/3 of the 96 are SE held back from that run for overseas shipping and the other 2/3 are LE made In the last three weeks since November 3rd that roughly equates to a production cadence of 25 per week.

I hope I am wrong. That’s about about all I can say. If they switch to CE now and barrel through all of them (as they probably should to satisfy the highest end buyers) that’s approximately 5 months before another LE or SE gets screwed together and put in a box.

Unless they drastically ramp up production.

This is essentially what I posted and got deleted.

I also mentioned that Spooky has done a much better job of communication under similar circumstances (demand far outweighing supply and production capacity). Literally everyone knows their place in line. Let’s at least get to that place. It’s not too much to ask!

JJP - please just communicate! Why is that controversial to ask?

#3124 3 years ago

If they can’t articulate every buyers place in line then they have a problem Internally.

They either don’t have a plan in place, they don’t have full faith and understanding in their supply chain and logistics or they don’t have enough staff or the right staff in that department to manage.

Or they know the facts and just don’t want to tell anyone directly...which is arguably the worst scenario.

This isn’t that complicated. Companies all over the world with far more complex products and far more extensive distribution networks (think automobile manufacturers) figure this stuff out with a very high degree of accuracy and confidence every single day.

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was funny today .
I rang a radio station trying to get Guns N Roses tickets , I got through but I didn't get the tickets .
I spoke to the host for a bit and I told her about the new gnr game , she Googled it and freaked out how expensive it was . I told her it was the best pinball machine ever made and how cool it was .
About an hour later my wife rang me and said I was currently on the radio .
It's the biggest station for tradies and people in our age group .
So GNR got a free plug . I wonder if they'll get a few extra sales .

Amazing.
Is there any link to hear this?

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If they can’t articulate every buyers place in line then they have a problem Internally.
They either don’t have a plan in place, they don’t have full faith and understanding in their supply chain and logistics or they don’t have enough staff or the right staff in that department to manage.

I dont get this.
For example, you have ten orders from vancouver, do you expect them to ship them one at a time?
It makes zero sense from an environmental or logistic view.

#3127 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I dont get this.
For example, you have ten orders from vancouver, do you expect them to ship them one at a time?
It makes zero sense from an environmental or logistic view.

I’m not suggesting how to do it, I’m asking them to explain it to us and give buyers a sense of confidence that there is a plan sorted out and give us all at least a rough timeline. that’s my point.

#3128 3 years ago
20201124_184511 (resized).jpg20201124_184511 (resized).jpg20201124_184437 (resized).jpg20201124_184437 (resized).jpg20201124_184737 (resized).jpg20201124_184737 (resized).jpg20201124_184906 (resized).jpg20201124_184906 (resized).jpg
#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

JJP deleted my Facebook post yesterday. I wasn’t being obnoxious, just making observations and asking questions. I am also in on an LE.
The photo yesterday showed by my count approximately 95 machines boxed. The comment suggested all we’re headed overseas. Previously they had confirmed via Facebook that LE were back on the line November 3rd after a short run of SE. Assuming 1/3 of the 96 are SE held back from that run for overseas shipping and the other 2/3 are LE made In the last three weeks since November 3rd that roughly equates to a production cadence of 25 per week.
I hope I am wrong. That’s about about all I can say. If they switch to CE now and barrel through all of them (as they probably should to satisfy the highest end buyers) that’s approximately 5 months before another LE or SE gets screwed together and put in a box.
Unless they drastically ramp up production.
This is essentially what I posted and got deleted.
I also mentioned that Spooky has done a much better job of communication under similar circumstances (demand far outweighing supply and production capacity). Literally everyone knows their place in line. Let’s at least get to that place. It’s not too much to ask!
JJP - please just communicate! Why is that controversial to ask?

Reading over here your version of what you wrote, and having nothing to do with any of this, it should be painfully obvious to you why your comment would be deleted. Your estimates of numbers are fabricated and way off, you put over Spooky, which, deservedly or not is a competitor and JJP promotes its own stuff on FB, etc..

#3130 3 years ago

20201124_185006 (resized).jpg20201124_185006 (resized).jpg20201124_185024 (resized).jpg20201124_185024 (resized).jpg20201124_185201 (resized).jpg20201124_185201 (resized).jpg20201124_185220 (resized).jpg20201124_185220 (resized).jpg

#3131 3 years ago
20201124_185406 (resized).jpg20201124_185406 (resized).jpg20201124_185509 (resized).jpg20201124_185509 (resized).jpg20201124_185529 (resized).jpg20201124_185529 (resized).jpg20201124_191451 (resized).jpg20201124_191451 (resized).jpg
#3132 3 years ago
20201124_191552 (resized).jpg20201124_191552 (resized).jpg20201124_191748 (resized).jpg20201124_191748 (resized).jpg20201124_191830 (resized).jpg20201124_191830 (resized).jpg20201124_191850 (resized).jpg20201124_191850 (resized).jpg
#3133 3 years ago

Got a bunch of cool videos on my android phone but having issues posting them.

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Reading over here your version of what you wrote, and having nothing to do with any of this, it should be painfully obvious to you why your comment would be deleted. Your estimates of numbers are fabricated and way off, you put over Spooky, which, deservedly or not is a competitor and JJP promotes its own stuff on FB, etc..

Fair enough, and thanks for responding. Mentioning spooky wasn’t necessary, I am happy to own that. Your saying that my number is “way off” is the closest thing to direct communication on production relative to reasonable speculation based on photos posted by JJP that we have seen thus far from JJP to my knowledge.

Care to expand on that??

I am THRILLED to be “way off”! I am an LE customer in line with a deposit through a distributor. That means my game is closer than i thought. Also I am a previous owner of HOBBIT which I think is a fantastic game. I only want to have a productive dialogue and I am not alone. I’m your ideal customer. Communicate with me!

People think I’m nuts but I don’t even care about the playfield issues conversation! You have a game sitting there with playfield issues and want to sell it to me if I accept “as-is” and forego warranty coverage? I’m in! Where do I send the money?! Shoot me a PM!

#3135 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

At least 60 games in that photo.

I count 64

#3136 3 years ago

Hi all, I contacted JJP but haven’t heard back yet. I have bunch of issues with my Le that would be grateful if anyone had quick fix ideas:
1- won’t identify any WiFi despite many being available within range
2- tried everything under sun to do usb update for new code, followed instructions to a letter won’t take
3- slash spinner randomly doesn’t register (I think can tighten the middle screw under play field as it seems to not be tight and there is movement north south). Btw the right bottom and upper flippers came unscrewed within last few weeks mid game (literally just fell off dangling in cabinet so somewhat disappointed with the attention to detail- maybe comes loose on shipment idk).
4- when you hit loops/orbits- the ball hits slingshots on way back. That doesn’t feel right. I’ve leveled machine but is anyone having this issue?

Thank you!!

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

2- tried everything under sun to do usb update for new code, followed instructions to a letter won’t take

Try a different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB.

Only thing available is for Full Install. Be sure you followed the full install instructions. Download unetbootin, download 1.08 ( if you used USA mirror, maybe try EU mirror. Open unetbootin, use that to load the update on your USB stick. Game turned off insert USB stick, turn game on. It runs itself, tells you when it's done. Turn game off. Remove the USB stick, turn the game back on.

You may have tried all this, I'm just trying to help.

LTG : )

#3138 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Download and use rufus instead of unetbootin, had a hobbit awhile ago that would only update with using rufus.

#3139 3 years ago

Just did a code update, played a couple games and suddenly the main LCD is gone dark. Checked connections on screen, no dice.
Any suggestions LTG ? (LE version)

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi all, I contacted JJP but haven’t heard back yet. I have bunch of issues with my Le that would be grateful if anyone had quick fix ideas:
3- slash spinner randomly doesn’t register (I think can tighten the middle screw under play field as it seems to not be tight and there is movement north south). Btw the right bottom and upper flippers came unscrewed within last few weeks mid game (literally just fell off dangling in cabinet so somewhat disappointed with the attention to detail- maybe comes loose on shipment idk).
4- when you hit loops/orbits- the ball hits slingshots on way back. That doesn’t feel right. I’ve leveled machine but is anyone having this issue?
Thank you!!

Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Just did a code update, played a couple games and suddenly the main LCD is gone dark. Checked connections on screen, no dice.
Any suggestions ltg ? (LE version)

I can prob help with a few of these issues. PM me and I can take a look over FaceTime or other video call?

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thank you!!

My orbits were hitting the slings and needed adjusting. The right orbit is easy because you just adjust the upper flipper a tad. The left orbit is a little trickier, you can def adjust it a bit by loosening the post moving the guide and re tightening but for me that wasn’t enough. I ended up jamming a clear piece of plastic between the rail to push it out a bit more.

#3142 3 years ago

Happened to a couple of us during song "Chinese Democracy". Do you know if you were in that song? If you power cycle game is your screen back on?

#3143 3 years ago

Unhook the data cable to the monitor and plug into another monitor. Then you'd know monitor or cable/data issue.

If data, you could try reloading a full install to see if it comes back.

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unhook the data cable to the monitor and plug into another monitor. Then you'd know monitor or cable/data issue.
If data, you could try reloading a full install to see if it comes back.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS 1 extra power cycle after a code update

#3145 3 years ago

I should be getting mine in 2 weeks! Can’t wait

#3146 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Amazing.
Is there any link to hear this?

Sorry mate no link to what I said yesterday .
Curious to which bits they played , as I was talking to the host for a few minutes .
Here is a link to the station , if you want to hear what's going on over here .
https://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne

#3147 3 years ago

I really like the guitar on the SE , wonder if you can get them and if there's any place you could fit it on the LE

IMG_20201126_215821 (resized).jpgIMG_20201126_215821 (resized).jpg
#3148 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I really like the guitar on the SE , wonder if you can get them and if there's any place you could fit it on the LE
[quoted image]

I was thinking exactly the same, I like that guitar as well. Probably Laseriffic will have some nice ones eventually, I got from them the Axe Bass and a Les Paul for my KISS.

26AD004E-C725-440D-9904-36DFA06BB650 (resized).jpeg26AD004E-C725-440D-9904-36DFA06BB650 (resized).jpeg876D9173-ABF6-4B86-A7E4-B752079CCB62 (resized).jpeg876D9173-ABF6-4B86-A7E4-B752079CCB62 (resized).jpegA1029C6C-53EB-4F53-9BFE-06C89AD458DD (resized).jpegA1029C6C-53EB-4F53-9BFE-06C89AD458DD (resized).jpeg

#3149 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

This is exactly what I've been told as well. CE's next then another round of LE's, but I the timeframe for the LE's could extend to March. Luckily, I'm picking up my machine tomorrow from another individual so I don't have to wait! Looking forward to joining the discussion after that as I'm sure I'll have tinkering questions!

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

This is exactly what I've been told as well. CE's next then another round of LE's, but I the timeframe for the LE's could extend to March. Luckily, I'm picking up my machine tomorrow from another individual so I don't have to wait! Looking forward to joining the discussion after that as I'm sure I'll have tinkering questions!

CE’s can start to be built in December but doesn’t mean you will have it before Christmas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/63?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.