IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 568.
#2951 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

When are the SE supposed to be available in the USA?

Many have already shipped. Not sure if available but they have shipped to owners.

#2952 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

how do u access it?

Please go into Settings - System - scroll down a lot.

LTG : )

#2953 3 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply yelobird. There were some SE shipped out, I have heard. But for those who did not get one, when will more SE be available? I am just wondering how long it would be for me to find a NIB SE.

#2954 3 years ago

No one knows really. Assuming they keep making games at the clip they have been, combined with the huge backlog they have, itā€™s going to be a while.

#2955 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

WTF - why do pinball maunufacturers of hot pinball titles continue to send early games overseas by ship? In this age where nobody flies, the airline industry is ramping up their cargo business and offering competitive rates. Instead of shipping two containers by sea to a single depot and taking 2 months. Manufacturers should fly these games directly to the correct countries and games could arrive at distributors and homes in a week. Comparatively it takes a few minutes to send money, make a deposit or pay in full and then wait. Would this be an improvement to the current practice?
Does anybody know CURRENT pricing (within past few months) for air shipping 100 pins to AU/NZ or 100 pins to EU? Sure this will cost more up front, but when you figure in lost time and similar import duties, it canā€™t be too much on a per pin basis. Numbers donā€™t lie - real quotes, not generalizations are needed to discuss viability.

yes costs about $1200 more plus 10% of the extra $1200 so $1320 extra

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

WTF - why do pinball maunufacturers of hot pinball titles continue to send early games overseas by ship? In this age where nobody flies, the airline industry is ramping up their cargo business and offering competitive rates. Instead of shipping two containers by sea to a single depot and taking 2 months. Manufacturers should fly these games directly to the correct countries and games could arrive at distributors and homes in a week. Comparatively it takes a few minutes to send money, make a deposit or pay in full and then wait. Would this be an improvement to the current practice?
Does anybody know CURRENT pricing (within past few months) for air shipping 100 pins to AU/NZ or 100 pins to EU? Sure this will cost more up front, but when you figure in lost time and similar import duties, it canā€™t be too much on a per pin basis. Numbers donā€™t lie - real quotes, not generalizations are needed to discuss viability.

Youā€™ve got it completely tits up. International Passenger aircraft movements are down significantly and subsequently Air freight rates are through the roof. There has been some conversion of passenger planes to freight, but does not even come close to the capacity lost due to the massive collapse of passenger plane movements.

#2957 3 years ago

Last night, 2 games, back to back. Missed out on a 27 Million jackpot on paradise city, and a 24 Million jackpot with Mr. Brownstone. Both due to double center drains!!

Infuriating!!!!

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Youā€™ve got it completely tits up. International Passenger aircraft movements are down significantly and subsequently Air freight rates are through the roof. There has been some conversion of passenger planes to freight, but does not even come close to the capacity lost due to the massive collapse of passenger plane movements.

"tits up"?

#2959 3 years ago

Implies backwards, or messed up.

#2960 3 years ago

Ass backwards.

#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s favorite song/light show?
I really like Rocket Queen and You could be mine

Favorite light show: November Rain
Song: You Could Be Mine

#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

yes costs about $1200 more plus 10% of the extra $1200 so $1320 extra

Pretend you are JJP and wanted to arrange international shipping of 100 pins to 10 countries in EU AND ship 100 pins split between AU and NZ. Using your numbers, the total shipping quote would be $264k. That seems like a lot of money, any lower estimates? How much would an international shipper charge to fly 200 pins to 12 countries and clear customs in 7 total days?

Then how much would it cost to ship 200 pins to 2 countries and clear customs and some train to 10 more countries in 75 total days?

The second case is what happens now and it is included in the purchase price. The first case is what needs to be paid to airship. The difference is how much more the customer would need to pay.

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Thanks for the quick reply yelobird. There were some SE shipped out, I have heard. But for those who did not get one, when will more SE be available? I am just wondering how long it would be for me to find a NIB SE.

Probably spring 2021, they have to make all the CE's and do another run of LE's first.

#2964 3 years ago

So at this time, to be clear, NO ONE has recā€™d their CEā€™s? Over 1 month and 2 weeks the most expensive model gets left behind! What am I missing?

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So at this time, to be clear, NO ONE has recā€™d their CEā€™s? Over 1 month and 2 weeks the most expensive model gets left behind! What am I missing?

Technically that has always been the model strategy for JJP. The CE is typically the last run to ensure all is perfect. Not saying its what is liked just the norm.

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Technically that has always been the model strategy for JJP. The CE is typically the last run to ensure all is perfect. Not saying its what is liked just the norm.

Not to mention the CE was the only one that required a non refundable deposit. No reason for jjp to feel pressured to get them out sooner rather than later

#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not to mention the CE was the only one that required a non refundable deposit. No reason for jjp to feel pressured to get them out sooner rather than later

All games have non refundable deposits

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My CE did not require a nonrefundable deposit.....

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

My CE did not require a nonrefundable deposit.....

I donā€™t know what to tell you, officially itā€™s supposed to be non refundable

#2970 3 years ago

Would most like to see increased scoring in the mini wizard album modes? They are all single ball play and not much incentive to finish when 500k-1 mil is the payoff and a song jackpot can triple or quadruple that with muliball to boot.

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Would most like to see increased scoring in the mini wizard album modes? They are all single ball play and not much incentive to finish when 500k-1 mil is the payoff and a song jackpot can triple or quadruple that with muliball to boot.

I agree for sure.

#2972 3 years ago

If I knew the CEā€™s were going to be 2025, I would have gotten a LE to tie me over.

#2973 3 years ago

Must be Aussie slang?

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Must be Aussie slang?

It is used here in the states, but usually in reference to something that has died.

#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree for sure.

Scoring issues has always been something Keith and crew have revisited to make fair and more balanced.

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If I knew the CEā€™s were going to be 2025, I would have gotten a LE to tie me over.

I second this ... and depending on the wait, I might anyway. JJP's has great marketing, but their sales communication sucks!

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I second this ... and depending on the wait, I might anyway. JJP's has great marketing, but their sales communication sucks!

JJP has great marketing!Wow I didnā€™t think Iā€™d ever hear anyone say that?

#2978 3 years ago

Any distros with SEā€™s yet? Just missed on one today.

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Must be Aussie slang?

British

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP has great marketing

Look at their GnR launch, look at their revised Social media presence, look at them extending into non-traditional media with the GnR launch. So yes, their marketing is working. Their communication and delivery suck ass.

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Look at their GnR launch, look at their revised Social media presence, look at them extending into non-traditional media with the GnR launch. So yes, their marketing is working. Their communication and delivery suck ass.

Totally agree. If I didnā€™t have a good relationship with my distributor, I would totally ditch my order and get one used / a year from now. They pretty much lied to the public by presenting an image of games falling out of the doors at launch. In reality, they appeared to have been working for quite some time to get that number of games ready and weā€™re all spoken for or going to Distributor show rooms. There werenā€™t many, if any, ready for the customers that lined up after the launch. I should have known better. Shame on them for deceiving us and shame on me for taking the bait. The silence now is not helping.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nothing. Youā€™re not getting your game until end of Q1 2021. Just expect that and if itā€™s sooner, yay.

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing. Youā€™re not getting your game until end of Q1 2021. Just expect that and if itā€™s sooner, yay.

I guess Iā€™m just spoiled and should be thankful Iā€™m getting one.

#2984 3 years ago

Yep. Nothing you can do but wait. And hope you still want it when itā€™s ready. Haha. Jk.

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I was being kind of a smartass because they were so bad at it in the past.Yes this GnR reveal changes everything!

#2986 3 years ago

I saw a slash hat with a pinball shooter rod somewhere and now I can't find it. Anyone know who's making that shooter rod?

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Totally agree. If I didnā€™t have a good relationship with my distributor, I would totally ditch my order and get one used / a year from now. They pretty much lied to the public by presenting an image of games falling out of the doors at launch. In reality, they appeared to have been working for quite some time to get that number of games ready and weā€™re all spoken for or going to Distributor show rooms. There werenā€™t many, if any, ready for the customers that lined up after the launch. I should have known better. Shame on them for deceiving us and shame on me for taking the bait. The silence now is not helping.

Lied to the public really I donā€™t remember games falling out of the doors or Eric telling us there was hundred ready to ship!I heard from the beginning there were a approximately 100 LEā€™s ready to go.
I will agree they need to do a much better job at communicating game deliveries!

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Lied to the public really I donā€™t remember games falling out of the doors or Eric telling us there was hundred ready to ship!I heard from the beginning there were a approximately 100 LEā€™s ready to go.
I will agree they need to do a much better job at communicating game deliveries!

They haven't lied as they don't communicate well....they had a great launch, but its been downhill ever sense

#2989 3 years ago

I was told My LE will be April/May if lucky unless Covid stalls then who knows .

#2990 3 years ago

Ball very often gets stuck here when the metal clamp comes down and holds it. Anyone else experience this?

IMG_0039 (resized).jpegIMG_0039 (resized).jpeg
#2991 3 years ago

I canā€™t believe all 3 owners of the game are keeping this thread on fire.

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I canā€™t believe all 3 owners of the game are keeping this thread on fire.

Is it really only 3 owners out of 2991 post?

#2993 3 years ago

Well with only about 300 or so games out there it mine only be like 5-10 owners in here. Haha

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not my LE, and itā€™s with a most reputable large distributor. Only CEs were supposed to be non refundable.
If you distributor wonā€™t refund an LE or SE deposit, Iā€™d find a better distributor.

#2995 3 years ago

my spinning disc keeps dropping and needs the height adjusted again. any tips out there to keep it at playfield level long term or is it just the nature of the beast?

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I saw a slash hat with a pinball shooter rod somewhere and now I can't find it. Anyone know who's making that shooter rod?

i believe it was pingraphix. gnr shooter rod

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not my LE, and itā€™s with a most reputable large distributor. Only CEs were supposed to be non refundable.
If you distributor wonā€™t refund an LE or SE deposit, Iā€™d find a better distributor.

So was mine. And he got me my game right away for a fantastic price. There was no benefit to him to force me not to be able to get a refund (or move it to another game). Go on the JJP website right now, every game requires a non-refundable $1000 deposit. Itā€™s SUPPOSED to be the same for distributors as far I understand. Now, maybe if your distributor placed some orders on behalf of themselves and is planning on transferring them and willing to take on the risk... but if you cancel that distro is still on the hook for that game.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ball very often gets stuck here when the metal clamp comes down and holds it. Anyone else experience this?
[quoted image]

Iā€™ve got about 300 plays on my LE and havenā€™t seen that happen once.

Canā€™t really tell from your pic whatā€™s holding the ball?

If thatā€™s the gate holding the ball... Iā€™m not sure your gate is working correctly or maybe itā€™s not positioned correctly?

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

my spinning disc keeps dropping and needs the height adjusted again. any tips out there to keep it at playfield level long term or is it just the nature of the beast?

Is the kind of round plastic piece that secures it still there ? Usually crank that tight and that does it.

Page C-56 in the manual item #8

If you need the manual you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under Pirates

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the kind of round plastic piece that secures it still there ? Usually crank that tight and that does it.
Page C-56 in the manual item #8
If you need the manual you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support under Downloads under Pirates

This help?

671BEB05-4740-4603-B811-B24B25E9AEC0 (resized).png671BEB05-4740-4603-B811-B24B25E9AEC0 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.