IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 569.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I really wish they could consolidate. Lot of working looking at all threads.

Eventually they'll all consolidate to the owners thread. As more folks become owners, that's the thread they seek out and add to favorites.

#202 3 years ago

I'm in for CE!

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you mean, Ghostbusters, Batman 66, Star Wars, Elvira and Stranger Things to name but a few?

ok .... you are right ... my bad

#204 3 years ago

I'm in for a CE (ordered from JJP yesterday) - super excited about this one.

#205 3 years ago

Changed my SE to an LE today. Hopefully that doesn't knock me down too far on the list.

#206 3 years ago

PRETTY DAMN SWEET..

Wow!

I think I want one..

#207 3 years ago

I just went through all of the JJP GNR threads here and counted all those that indicated they are in for a CE......Total is 987497535.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just went through all of the JJP GNR threads here and counted all those that indicated they are in for a CE......Total is 987497535.

That figure include distributors who ordered X amount of each of the three models ?

LTG : )

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That figure include distributors who ordered X amount of each of the three models ?

hahaha. Its going to be quite interesting to see how all this shakes out.

#210 3 years ago

LTG, what brand/type of rubber does JJP use in their machines? Thanks!

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

LTG, what brand/type of rubber does JJP use in their machines? Thanks!

I believe silicone starting with Dialed In.

Others may chime in if they've seen something different.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that's gonna be a tough comparison for Stern and Ritchie/Sexton.
It'll be interesting to see if GNR affects the Stern pricing and current BOM model.
Zeppelin is gonna be in great demand but......

it won't.

#213 3 years ago

I love GnR but imo Led Zep is on another plane.

I mean conversation of top rock bands of all time (Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin maybe Pink Floyd).

However GnR is really here and now, I mean the concert footage is great and in this decade not 40 years ago greatness like Zeppelin.

Plus JJP kind of ownes Stern for the build quality.

Itā€™ll be interesting! Interesting!

Bring on the King!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I mean conversation of top rock bands of all time (Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin maybe Pink Floyd).
However GnR is really here and now, I mean the concert footage is great and in this decade not 40 years ago greatness like Zeppelin.
Bring on the King!

Pink Floyd would/could truly be off the charts good...high "drop the mic" potential if done right IMO

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Pink Floyd would/could truly be off the charts good...high "drop the mic" potential if done right IMO

Pink Floyd pin better have a 23 minute Echoes mode.

#216 3 years ago

I think it will be difficult to make a music pin going forward and NOT copy JJP or look really bad compared to JJP. Things like drumsticks and pick spinners
and intense light shows should be in the next music pin from other manufactures. I think JJP put a whole lotta pressure on upcoming music pins. What can Queen and Led Zeppelin do in their pins? I don't know. Congrats JJP!

#217 3 years ago

I have talked to distributors who don't even know how many CE models they are going to be allotted?

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I have talked to distributors who don't even know how many CE models they are going to be allotted?

I talked to mine and it seems the distros "request" a number of CE games and it is up to JJP to allocate if the number of games requested exceeds the quantity available.

#219 3 years ago

I have a confirmed email and a paid receipt for the CE from my distributor. I'm not very worried.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I talked to mine and it seems the distros "request" a number of CE games and it is up to JJP to allocate if the number of games requested exceeds the quantity available.

Yeah it looks like some people are going to get some bad news in the next day or two.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have a confirmed CE email and paid receipt from my distributor. I'm not very worried.

The paid in full receipt from my distro means I will sleep well tonight knowing my CE is confirmed!

#222 3 years ago

Just paid for my LE. Super excited to add this next to my POTC.

#224 3 years ago

I am really interested in hearing the song specific fills that each band member recorded for the game, and how they enhance the songs.

If you haven't listened to the interview yet, they mention that the band members made riffs for each song/key needed, so that when you nail a shot, it will play a sound that is perfect for the song you are working on. Might be 1 second, or several seconds, depending on shot/situation.

The level of detail that went into these details is astounding to me.

I love love love that a musician designed this game, and cared enough to get all those details right.

I think people complaining that there is no innovation are missing all the fricking innovation here. Toys certainly aren't this games draw. I agree.

What this game has is amazing access to content and a famous member of the band helping make the game as cohesive as possible. Add the amazing lights that are tied to the spinner and music, and this game will be a blasty blast for musicians and lovers of rock music.

The story about how Slash got Live and Let Die is so Rock and Roll. Let me give Sir Paul a ring real fast...

#225 3 years ago

What's everyone hearing from their Distros on ship dates for the LEs? My distro initially thought by end of month, but when I called and paid in full today they said they're crazy swamped with orders and would have to get back with me on an eta

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing this. It definitely gives us a better glimpse of what the game play will be like, and how everything is integrated. Looks great!

#227 3 years ago

Honestly, I think this is the most discussion I've ever seen about ordering the CE model. It might actually sell out.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Honestly, I think this is the most discussion I've ever seen about ordering the CE model. It might actually sell out.

Itā€™s sold out now. Wasnā€™t earlier but is now

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Pink Floyd pin better have a 23 minute Echoes mode.

Awesome theme.

Every time ballsearch goes on, the sound system plays
Is there anybody out there?

#230 3 years ago

Check out at 4:37 Mark can see the player on the display.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Bring on the King!

Iā€™m really curious to see if Stern is going to put in the effort with Zeppelin to compete with GnR.

Time will tell.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Iā€™m really curious to see if Stern is going to put in the effort with Zeppelin to compete with GnR.
Time will tell.

Unless Jimmy Page is a pinhead and is helping Steve Ritchie design the game then there's no way. Zeppelin is likely just as restrictive with licensing (if not more) than the Beatles.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Yeah it looks like some people are going to get some bad news in the next day or two.

JJP will put them at the top of the list for the Collectors "Encore" Edition.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

i only saw 1 se so far.

0E25EA32-0A0D-47CD-946D-CBAE3A31BD8F (resized).jpeg0E25EA32-0A0D-47CD-946D-CBAE3A31BD8F (resized).jpeg
#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Time will tell.

It would be a tragedy for LZ (and Stern) if it werenā€™t at least on par with GnR.

I grew up In the twilight of Zeppelin and ironically, in the prime of GnR. Iā€™m not really a big fan of GnR but after seeing the game, Iā€™m in on an LE. Itā€™s just an amazing game from a design and integration standpoint - like no other game out there, period.

#236 3 years ago

Just curious: has Jack himself appeared in any of the reveal stuff so far? I didnā€™t see him in anything. I know the investors have effectively taken over the company, and Jack hasnā€™t always made the best decisions, but itā€™s sad to see him tossed to the curb from his own company.

#237 3 years ago

yesterday i was anxious all day. felt like a kid on christmas morning when i saw the GNR reveal i was like everyone else and scrambling to get a game. was it gonna be a LE or a CE?
where am i gonna get the money? should i sell some pins? go in the shoebox? i really didnt like the thoughts going thru my head. i felt i had lost control. took a breath and went to my arcade. flipped on my maverick pin and plunged the silver ball. waited the 10 seconds for the old belt to drive the paddle wheel around the lauren belle so i could get my ball back. smile to my face and back to reality. lately its always about the new pin coming out. more lights, more bling, more fanfare. what the hell was i doing. 5000 LEā€™s and plenty of time to order. played a few games and back down to earth. today i am looking forward to my friend fast eddie coming to my house with a FIRE! i purchased from another pinsider sagejr and who i consider a friend now. much much cheaper and more special to me than many NIB.
i see an LE in the future but when i am ready.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just curious: has Jack himself appeared in any of the reveal stuff so far? I didnā€™t see him in anything. I know the investors have effectively taken over the company, and Jack hasnā€™t always made the best decisions, but itā€™s sad to see him tossed to the curb from his own company.

I was thinking the same thing and wondered if its because he is in New Jersey and the shop is in Illinois. I think he was responsible for elevating Eric Munier after he helped fix the WOZ light issues.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

yesterday i was anxious all day. felt like a kid on christmas morning when i saw the GNR reveal i was like everyone else and scrambling to get a game. was it gonna be a LE or a CE?
where am i gonna get the money? should i sell some pins? go in the shoebox? i really didnt like the thoughts going thru my head. i felt i had lost control. took a breath and went to my arcade. flipped on my maverick pin and plunged the silver ball. waited the 10 seconds for the old belt to drive the paddle wheel around so i could get my ball back. smile to my face and back to reality. lately its always about the new pin coming out. more lights, more bling, more fanfare. what the hell was i doing. 5000 LEā€™s and plenty of time to order. played a few games and back down to earth. today i am looking forward to my friend fast eddie coming to my house with a FIRE! i purchased from another pinsider sagejr and who i consider a friend now. much much cheaper and more special to me than many NIB.
i see an LE in the future but when i am ready.

I agree that its smart to take a step back and have a little patience. Theme integration and presentation look off the charts awesome but I owe it to myself to play the game (and become acquainted with the rules) before I plunk down that kind of cash. It does look fantastic at first glance though and I have no doubt that JJP has a hit on their hands!

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree that its smart to take a step back and have a little patience. Theme integration and presentation look off the charts awesome but I owe it to myself to play the game (and become acquainted with the rules) before I plunk down that kind of cash. It does look fantastic at first glance though and I have no doubt that JJP has a hit on their hands!

Are you saying "All we need is just a little patience"?

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

It would be a tragedy for LZ (and Stern) if it werenā€™t at least on par with GnR.
I grew up In the twilight of Zeppelin and ironically, in the prime of GnR. Iā€™m not really a big fan of GnR but after seeing the game, Iā€™m in on an LE. Itā€™s just an amazing game from a design and integration standpoint - like no other game out there, period.

I think theres almost ZERO chance that will happen although I love LZ music.

#242 3 years ago

Put a deposit down yesterday for an LE!
Might have it this weekend!!!

Canā€™t wait!

#243 3 years ago

Arrival at Helicon Brewing!!

0aea735d12caf6de21cf52933952c8ee43c8b9e6 (resized).jpg0aea735d12caf6de21cf52933952c8ee43c8b9e6 (resized).jpg
#244 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Arrival at Helicon Brewing!!

NICE!!!

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Put a deposit down yesterday for an LE!
Might have it this weekend!!!
Canā€™t wait!

Damn man, nice! Where you order from?

#246 3 years ago

Just uploaded the flyer, I 'think' the one they are printing is the one with 3 games, not the individual models, but I could be wrong:

https://nypinball.com/flyers/guns-n-roses-3/

#247 3 years ago

What's everyone hearing from their Distros on ship dates for the LEs? My distro initially thought by end of month, but when I called and paid in full today they said they're crazy swamped with orders and would have to get back with me on an eta

yea scribbles, This is definitely a HIT. Word is the distributors are going Crazy. I paid $9500 for my next Pin to my Distributor on Friday. I had a feeling there was going to be Chaos on Monday. He verified today that He gets his LE allotment on Wednesday and will ship mine out on Wednesday or Thursday.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

yea scribbles, This is definitely a HIT. Word is the distributors are going Crazy. I paid $9500 for my next Pin to my Distributor on Friday. I had a feeling there was going to be Chaos on Monday. He verified today that He gets his LE allotment on Wednesday and will ship mine out on Wednesday or Thursday.

Well, that's encouraging news at least. Maybe if I call them enough, they'll ship mine asap to get me to quit bugging them

#249 3 years ago

Damn man, nice! Where you order from?

Cointaker

Iā€™m hoping Friday but maybe next week, still waiting to hear back.

#250 3 years ago

Thinking of buying an LE but would want it closer to Christmas. Too tempting to have it sitting in a box nearby lol. Is it risky to wait. We are newer to the hobby, but I have noticed that for example Stern doesn't constantly do runs of the new games. For example I feel like I saw Elvira premiums are not being made again until January. Looking to make this a family Christmas gift and don't know the timing aspect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/5?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.