Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 560.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do we report bugs in this forum or somewhere else?

Maybe send a PM to pinball_keefer

LTG : )

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe send a PM to pinball_keefer

okay thanks.

#2903 3 years ago

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved...just saying

#2906 3 years ago

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Echo

Echo

#2908 3 years ago

It was just announced GNR are coming to Australia next year for massive Stadium concert tour .
They're playing them on the radio all day today and giving away tickets , I don't know if I should go or not as I'll have the concert experience in my back room

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was just announced GNR are coming to Australia next year for massive Stadium concert tour .
They're playing them on the radio all day today and giving away tickets , I don't know if I should go or not as I'll have the concert experience in my back room

Notice their logo on the promotional poster for that...Original GnR Cross logo, not that mess they put on the side of the CE cabinet.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

notthisshitagain4 (resized).jpgnotthisshitagain4 (resized).jpg

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Notice their logo on the promotional poster for that...Original GnR Cross logo, not that mess they put on the side of the CE cabinet.

23c6aee2984ca63832fc3d38baece937 (resized).jpg23c6aee2984ca63832fc3d38baece937 (resized).jpg

#2912 3 years ago

The CE it’s a beautiful Masterpiece in my POV... I don’t mind the difference of the Cross + 2 more Skulls, perhaps the original looks weird(very short in a long space).

5C762E02-B60F-4EE7-9E8B-9554FBCF03D3 (resized).jpeg5C762E02-B60F-4EE7-9E8B-9554FBCF03D3 (resized).jpeg
#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

[quoted image]

Yup, that's the logo that should of been on the machine, not the extended one with new members. If you're designing a cabinet based on Appetite for Destruction, you use the original cross. But I don't care since i didn't get the CE, but if I was a GnR fan and purchased the CE, that would bother me. Espeically if the original band gets back together, which they were super close in doing prior to the Not in this Lifetime Tour.

Edit: Previous poster just said the longer cross suits the side cabinet...true. Good point. Visually it suits that area, but what bothers me is this idea of a "new" GnR, and all the songs are from GnR without those extra people. I don't even know why they added to the band.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Yup, that's the logo that should of been on the machine, not the extended one with new members. If you're designing a cabinet based on Appetite for Destruction, you use the original cross. But I don't care since i didn't get the CE, but if I was a GnR fan and purchased the CE, that would bother me. Espeically if the original band gets back together, which they were super close in doing prior to the Not in this Lifetime Tour.

Now I understand your point with Appetite F.D..... but what about Melissa and Frank?... they’re part of G N’R and they’re in the game.

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Now I understand your point with Appetite F.D..... but what about Melissa and Frank?... they’re part of G N’R and they’re in the game.

Yah, I agree, it's a tough call. I'm just glad I don't have the extended cross anywhere in the LE. But you're right aesthetically it looks better and the other members are part of the game, but do you need to change a band logo? They really haven't done anything beside tour with the band. They took no part in making ANY of the songs and to eliminate Izzy and Adler from the logo is a disrespect, because Izzy wrote most of the songs that band plays on stage. Adler was the man that produce the drumming the new guy Frank just copies. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but I don't think Melissa and Frank and Dizzy would be mad if they use the GnR logo. Like I said...look at the logo they are using in an upcoming tour, it's the classic one. Interested to see if they use this Jersey Jack extended logo in any GnR material going forward.

#2916 3 years ago

I don’t hate the new cross but would have preferred the original. The LE does a much better job representing the game with art directly tied to the theme, which is the tour imo. The CE art is based on the old album AFD, but then adds the new members, and the game itself is strictly about the recent tour. The CE looks great too, but the LE art makes more sense based off the actual game theme.

#2917 3 years ago

The game isn’t based on Appetite. It’s based on the not in this life time tour which spanned 2016 to 2019 with the new members and they did use that cross on the tour if I recall correctly.

Don’t get all the hoopla about the art.

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don’t hate the new cross but would have preferred the original. The LE does a much better job representing the game with art directly tied to the theme, which is the tour imo. The CE art is based on the old album AFD, but then adds the new members, and the game itself is strictly about the recent tour. The CE looks great too, but the LE art makes more sense based off the actual game theme.

I agree, LE is the most cohesive art pkg.

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The game isn’t based on Appetite. It’s based on the not in this life time tour which spanned 2016 to 2019 with the new members and they did use that cross on the tour if I recall correctly.
Don’t get all the hoopla about the art.

I don’t recall that cross ever used before or at the concert itself, but that’s not to say it wasn’t. Either way both games look great and I agree the LE is more cohesive. Jjp did great with both packages.

#2920 3 years ago

Maybe this cross means we're getting Izzy and Steven on this tour....but probably not lol

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don’t recall that cross ever used before or at the concert itself, but that’s not to say it wasn’t. Either way both games look great and I agree the LE is more cohesive. Jjp did great with both packages.

Not 100% sure but I feel like I’ve seen a cross reflecting the new members and figured it was from the tour art or program or something of that nature. May not have been exactly like the one on the side of the head here.

#2922 3 years ago

Installed my pinwoofer kit today. Makes a big difference and I think totally worth it for a music pin like this. Install was straightforward though I would allocate 1-2 hours for the job.

#2923 3 years ago

Does anyone know when the top lanes magnet is supposed to grab the ball? I've had games where it's always grabbing it and ones where it doesn't.

#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, LE is the most cohesive art pkg.

I think all three are spectular, even if the standard stylewise seems abit of.

Right now i just hope eu lift the ban on pinball as soon as possible.

#2925 3 years ago

Update from my dist (in the states):

We will have JJP build to your request for the 230v version so it arrives ready to rock! Word is they are building before the holidays, so we should get it on the way to you soon.

This is in regards to a CE. So lets hope the word is true. I’ll still have a month before it reaches my shores.

#2926 3 years ago

I was just informed that we won't see a container of GNR pins in Australia until after February
The wait continues......

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I was just informed that we won't see a container of GNR pins in Australia until after February
The wait continues......

Makes sense if end of year just before the holidays they’re starting to make the CE’s

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The wait continues......

Seriously, from Paul? Dissapointing, only a few days ago he was expecting a container to ship any day.

#2929 3 years ago

WTF - why do pinball maunufacturers of hot pinball titles continue to send early games overseas by ship? In this age where nobody flies, the airline industry is ramping up their cargo business and offering competitive rates. Instead of shipping two containers by sea to a single depot and taking 2 months. Manufacturers should fly these games directly to the correct countries and games could arrive at distributors and homes in a week. Comparatively it takes a few minutes to send money, make a deposit or pay in full and then wait. Would this be an improvement to the current practice?

Does anybody know CURRENT pricing (within past few months) for air shipping 100 pins to AU/NZ or 100 pins to EU? Sure this will cost more up front, but when you figure in lost time and similar import duties, it can’t be too much on a per pin basis. Numbers don’t lie - real quotes, not generalizations are needed to discuss viability.

#2930 3 years ago

Finally set up my SE. Really enjoying the game. Amazing light shows. Shoots better than I expected. I like that I can backhand both ramps. The outer orbit feels huge, like a wide body orbit (ie Hobbit). Shots flow nicely. Needed to turn up the flipper coils just a little bit. Pretty much standard with JJP games. Didn't think I'd like the skill shot because of the short travel but it is growing on me. Occasionally the feed out of the skill shot is a bit too squirrely. This game is definitely all about the songs! Need to figure out what the hell I am doing though. Any detailed rulesets out yet? Figured I'd go check the Tilt forums to see.

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Finally set up my SE. Really enjoying the game. Amazing light shows. Shoots better than I expected. I like that I can backhand both ramps. The outer orbit feels huge, like a wide body orbit (ie Hobbit). Shots flow nicely. Needed to turn up the flipper coils just a little bit. Pretty much standard with JJP games. Didn't think I'd like the skill shot because of the short travel but it is growing on me. Occasionally the feed out of the skill shot is a bit too squirrely. This game is definitely all about the songs! Need to figure out what the hell I am doing though. Any detailed rulesets out yet? Figured I'd go check the Tilt forums to see.

There is nothing on Tilt yet. I've posted a lot about the rules in this thread. I'd start with the flowchart which gives a lot of the foundation. The key to big scores is the boost your song value with the 4 booster multiballs and lock all 6 balls before you start a song. There is a lot of strategy with the patches and patch sets also.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is nothing on Tilt yet. I've posted a lot about the rules in this thread. I'd start with the flowchart which gives a lot of the foundation. The key to big scores is the boost your song value with the 4 booster multiballs and lock all 6 balls before you start a song. There is a lot of strategy with the patches and patch sets also.
[quoted image]

Ah yes forgot about the flow chart. Thanks dude!

#2933 3 years ago

What’s everyone’s favorite song/light show?

I really like Rocket Queen and You could be mine

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The wait continues......

That's not what he was saying two weeks ago. Fuck.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's not what he was saying two weeks ago. Fuck.

Or 2 days ago, but I guess it's outa his control.

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Favorite song Welcome to the Jungle favorite light show Live and Let Die

#2937 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I really like Rocket Queen and You could be mine

Out Ta Get Me. Not sure if it is the best light show but I really like playing this song.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Numbers don’t lie - real quotes, not generalizations are needed to discuss viability.

Agree - yet you start out by slamming companies with no data behind your claims.

#2939 3 years ago

Favorite go to are Live and let die and Michelle. Even though I loose every dam time!!

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The wait continues......

Originally it was first container around Christmas and second container around February/March.

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Seriously, from Paul? Dissapointing, only a few days ago he was expecting a container to ship any day.

From Narelle but same place

#2942 3 years ago

Woohoo , I'm officially on the waiting list .
I just got back from Paul's after putting my deposit on the game .
It was meant to be , Paradise City came on the radio while I was driving to his place .
The game just keeps getting better the more you play it . It is so fast and I got a lot better at the shots the more I played it . It's so cool when Melissa yells out "super fucken skillshot " .
Played the carnage mode , the animations and lighting were awesome .
It would be good if they got Slash to call out " say cheese " before they take your photo .
Paul said the first shipment has left and everybody should have their games by March .
I'm on the 5th or 6th shipment .
The wait begins .

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Woohoo , I'm officially on the waiting list .
I just got back from Paul's after putting my deposit on the game .
It was meant to be , Paradise City came on the radio while I was driving to his place .
The game just keeps getting better the more you play it . It is so fast and I got a lot better at the shots the more I played it . It's so cool when Melissa yells out "super fucken skillshot " .
Played the carnage mode , the animations and lighting were awesome .
It would be good if they got Slash to call out " say cheese " before they take your photo .
Paul said the first shipment has left and everybody should have their games by March .
I'm on the 5th or 6th shipment .
The wait begins .

That’s excellent news Screaminr ...

#2944 3 years ago

does jukebox mode work on the SE? I cannot figure it out. saw it listed in settings but it was grayed out.

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

That’s excellent news Screaminr ...

I'm so excited .
I'm very picky about the games I like .
I was 50/50 at first but after playing it , it ticks every box for me .
From the looks of the game , to the playfield layout , the rules , the call outs and the music , it's a 10 out of 10 .
You can just tell so much passion and love went into making this game .

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

does jukebox mode work on the SE? I cannot figure it out. saw it listed in settings but it was grayed out.

I can't see why it wouldn't , maybe they just haven't got around to coding it for the SE yet ?

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Yes, it works on the SE.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Yes, it works on the SE.

how do u access it?

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

how do u access it?

You need to enable it in settings.

#2950 3 years ago

When are the SE supposed to be available in the USA?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mahtomedi, MN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.