IMG_3609 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240705_140512783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_140453746 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_140448557 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_140443396 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_140438362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_140433382 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

80 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 29,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 581 of 583.
#29001 21 days ago
Quoted from holminone:

Well. Updated to new code. Great job JJP in waking the eff up and keeping your assets in the field fresh and relevant. Incredible! The anxiety! I was probably on pace for 1 billion if I could’ve just gotten to appetite album mode given my platinum status and patch collection. Eff. But super cool update. This game is so underrated

My favorite part of your post.

The Anxiety!

#29002 20 days ago

I finally got to play a working GnR with volume! Every time I went somewhere over the past couple months, the pinball map must have been out of date because GnR would be gone.

I played like 8 games but only managed to get song mode going twice. I did really well on civil war. Was able to cash out a small jackpot. It was multiball basically the whole song. It was a ton of fun.

Definitely weak flippers though. The other games I played all seemed to be over very soon. They would drain down the outlines incredibly easy. The ball save timer was a few seconds at most. And the scoop was shooting stdm. I was getting very frustrated but when the machine works well, it really does sing.

#29003 20 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

I finally got to play a working GnR with volume! Every time I went somewhere over the past couple months, the pinball map must have been out of date because GnR would be gone.
I played like 8 games but only managed to get song mode going twice. I did really well on civil war. Was able to cash out a small jackpot. It was multiball basically the whole song. It was a ton of fun.
Definitely weak flippers though. The other games I played all seemed to be over very soon. They would drain down the outlines incredibly easy. The ball save timer was a few seconds at most. And the scoop was shooting stdm. I was getting very frustrated but when the machine works well, it really does sing.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a good GNR experience on location. It takes quit a bit of TLC plus be able to hear it in order to enjoy it properly (and the new code & flipper I/O). But when it’s on it’s on

#29004 20 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I ain't letting go of mine either. Have a spare playfield in a box (nicely signed by Eric meunier) for future use when needed. Also have an Iron Maiden Premium next to it that also is locked in place. 1 spare space to go to go and then i will have to make a decission if i want a new game.

I'd recommend shoving an MTL in there...

GNRMTLIM@12 (resized).jpgGNRMTLIM@12 (resized).jpg
#29005 19 days ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I'd recommend shoving an MTL in there...[quoted image]

Metallica sure is a great pin but i might gonna go for something else that is not a music pin. But that is a problem for later. first gotta replenish the bank account, as you know this hobby of ours ain't cheap.

#29006 17 days ago

Since it's getting a little quiet in here...

Has anyone's patch strategy changed with the new code out? My default strategy had been to go for Fender -> Vater -> Duff first, to increase my opportunities for Band Frenzy mode during songs. But with the new scoring balances, I'm starting to rethink that approach. It seems like the big points during the song now come from hitting the objectives and advancing the song level.

Is there a better approach to patches now?

#29007 17 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Has anyone's patch strategy changed with the new code out? My default strategy had been to go for Fender -> Vater -> Duff first, to increase my opportunities for Band Frenzy mode during songs. But with the new scoring balances, I'm starting to rethink that approach. It seems like the big points during the song now come from hitting the objectives and advancing the song level.

Oh, that's interesting! I actually have not paid super close attention to what changes were made to the song scoring since updating, and always assumed that band frenzy is still one of the main goals. Will be very interested to know if my strategies need to evolve now along with the new code!

#29008 17 days ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

I think those still are good strategies. If you can add those patches to the gun and rose pair and then play the respective appetite songs… you are gonna crush it.

#29009 17 days ago

So is 3.03 out already? Man I don’t want to do this update twice. Watch, the second I update to 3.02 they’re gonna release it.

IMG_3495.gifIMG_3495.gif

#29010 16 days ago

Why is everyone sell this pin so cheap when it such a awesome game ?

#29011 16 days ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

no idea. They have made 5000 so its not really a rare game to find, that may have something to do with its value dropping on the second hand market. Mine ain't leaving, thats for sure. I still love to play it.

#29012 16 days ago

Honestly, I'd say the LE is the absolute best "Bang for you buck" value in modern pinballs right now. It's such a packed game and can be had for a bit over 6k now...... insanity.

#29013 16 days ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

More of my opinion sprinkled with facts, but some aspects are:

1. They made A LOT of them
2. Dealers still have them in stock
3. Many Covid era Pinsiders don't hold onto pins "all that long" and thought they'd always appreciate in value. They'd buy, play, sell, profit, buy next. Now they need to "get out" at whatever price the market will take
4. The Stern Army hate is real
5. JJP lost a lot of good will from non-owners as a result of reacting slowly to the (loud) concerns about inconsistent scoring / lack of software update -- not clear they can make that up in mass. The GNR has "bad rules/software" mantra many never go away for some
6. Prices are down across the board and/or "more expensive" games are slow to sell

Anyway, just some thoughts.

All of which is unrelated to how awesome GNR is when playing!

#29014 16 days ago

And It's become clear to me that there are pinball players that just generally like calm, trap and shoot and don't like a lot of multiballs. Except if it's a rare reward type mode you have to really work for.
The game design with all the Multiballs is a deal breaker for many. We've seen it time and time again in this thread and others.

#29015 16 days ago

Still….the best buy in pinball now for sure! My collection has grown a lot in the last six months and have a lot of people over to play., Hands down GNR is the #1 game. Thought FG, Bond and BSD would give it a run…no chance.

Sure for hard-core pinball people like Us pinsiders and tournament players, I get it to an extent.
might have a lot of multi balls but you can also dial it back with the patches, settings if desired.

I’ve play it differently many times and challenge myself in different ways.
Played a few games last night after a long road trip/stressful day and just cranked the music with no one else in the house.

Still an amazing experience for, me love the game.

Don’t care too much about resale because mine isn’t leaving and just bought another HOU, barely used one for my brother as he never plays pinball but can’t stop talking about it! People can’t believe it is priced lower than my FF pro.

*agree with Altan reasons above and haven't even installed my Herculease yet!*

#29016 16 days ago

IMG_3497.gifIMG_3497.gif

Where is it JJP!!!

#29017 16 days ago

Ok, I couldn’t wait anymore. Bye bye Scorbit

So 2 things I noticed right off the bat. Sadly still zero difficulty presets pre-populated in the code
IMG_3505 (resized).jpegIMG_3505 (resized).jpeg

Second thing I noticed now though was that now we have “Game Presets” populated. Not sure if they are worth anything good but at least there’s something

IMG_3506 (resized).jpegIMG_3506 (resized).jpeg

“Directors Cut” ?

#29018 16 days ago
Quoted from JWilberdog:

I’ve play it differently many times and challenge myself in different ways.

Yeah this is a great point you mention. I've kind of forgotten that over the years, and just take it for granted. But the fact that there's just so many varied ways to play to mix it up. I get in phases where I don't even pay attention to patches. Then I will, and then I'm a focus on wizard modes, maybe I'll skip / solo but now maybe I'll play it.. But That many songs with different look feel and objectives, and light shows and adrenaline that's amazing. Dozens of games in 1..
Choosing to go all the way instead of cash out just raises the overall experience with that extra risk. And what does it cost you anyway? Another game? Haha It's a win-win.
I own the damn thing. It's a love-hate relationship for sure. Throw it in the wall, yes, walk away owning the game with a new GC or new song high score. Yes. Hitting at applause jackpot (this has to be one of the best pinball moments ever) and hitting it after getting stuck in the pops what seems like forever running out of time but somehow at the last few milliseconds of opportunity it breaks free and you make a crazy move and pull it off.. applause. Yes, and... Encore, oh my folks we got us a game! Who can't love this game? Only somebody that's forgotten about excitement of first years getting into pinball.
Just play Rocket Queen and tell me about it after that.
And I'll save the best for last because it's a special mention for the forum here

#29019 16 days ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I've posted here before and have to admit, I really want this game. The lights, the show, the shots, the theme! my favorite band ever as a working bassist of 25 years. Duff is one of my primary influences as a bassist since I was 15. It's all there, but the amount of listings that I see after the much anticipated latest code drop is concerning for me. Did they not deliver enough to make this a keeper pin? Regardless, I'm seeing low 6k-ish listings all over the place for LE's (here and FB groups). I'd take a chance and jump on one if one popped up local to me at that price.

#29020 16 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I've posted here before and have to admit, I really want this game. The lights, the show, the shots, the theme! my favorite band ever as a working bassist of 25 years. Duff is one of my primary influences as a bassist since I was 15. It's all there, but the amount of listings that I see after the much anticipated latest code drop is concerning for me. Did they not deliver enough to make this a keeper pin? Regardless, I'm seeing low 6k-ish listings all over the place for LE's (here and FB groups). I'd take a chance and jump on one if one popped up local to me at that price.

OMG dude. There's enough post on here and there's enough information on here and you sound like a really smart guy and on top of that you fit the profile of somebody that should have had this pin on launch day. Wtf are you waiting for? You're reading too much into the market. Seize the day man.

#29021 16 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

BUY ONE ON THE CHEAP. YOU WONT REGRET IT. PERIOD. DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS

#29022 16 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I just picked up a DI for 6K and can't believe what you get for the money. GnR is a great pin and now with the code update, it is outstanding. Once you get the game dialed in (no pun intended), it is a blast to play. Of course you have to like GnR music, and maybe that is a hurdle for some. Either way it has IMHO one of the best light shows in pinball. There was some incredible work done on that side.

At the price points they are at now, I would take the risk. Worse case is you flip it. One other thing, playing this pin on location does not do it justice. Further, the ruleset is pretty complicated so it takes time to figure out strategies on how to play the game. Strongly recommend giving it a try.

#29023 16 days ago

Question for those that have made the I/O board switch, do you have your flippers setup parallel to each other? I have the left slightly raised to help with backhanding the left ramp but I’m thinking this may no longer be necessary with the added power. If you do have them setup the same on both sides, are they even with the guide lanes or slightly off? This is one game that I wish had playfield dimples or some sort of marker that helped guide the right flipper setup. I like the setup I have now just fine but can’t help but feel it’s slightly cheating as well!

#29024 15 days ago

Haven't touched my flippers ever. Capacitors swapped.
My left backhand needs to be precise to make it up before and wasn't consistent but after the cap switch the extra power allows it up everytime unless I'm not in the sweet spot. It's still challenging but more doable.

Is your adjustment cheating? Nah. It's how you like to play then great. Your game. If you need more power and can't turn it up with a diagnostic increase with The stock capacitors then upgrade.

#29025 15 days ago
Quoted from altan:

More of my opinion sprinkled with facts, but some aspects are:
1. They made A LOT of them
2. Dealers still have them in stock
3. Many Covid era Pinsiders don't hold onto pins "all that long" and thought they'd always appreciate in value. They'd buy, play, sell, profit, buy next. Now they need to "get out" at whatever price the market will take
4. The Stern Army hate is real
5. JJP lost a lot of good will from non-owners as a result of reacting slowly to the (loud) concerns about inconsistent scoring / lack of software update -- not clear they can make that up in mass. The GNR has "bad rules/software" mantra many never go away for some
6. Prices are down across the board and/or "more expensive" games are slow to sell
Anyway, just some thoughts.
All of which is unrelated to how awesome GNR is when playing!

Don't forget some sketchy playfields, a polarizing theme people either love or hate and an atypical pinball rule set that it can take a while to get your head around.

#29026 15 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Question for those that have made the I/O board switch, do you have your flippers setup parallel to each other? I have the left slightly raised to help with backhanding the left ramp but I’m thinking this may no longer be necessary with the added power. If you do have them setup the same on both sides, are they even with the guide lanes or slightly off? This is one game that I wish had playfield dimples or some sort of marker that helped guide the right flipper setup. I like the setup I have now just fine but can’t help but feel it’s slightly cheating as well!

I have swapped the caps. The flippers are exactly the same height. Their "line" is aligned precisely with the line of the metal guide lanes. It can backhand the left AND the right ramps after the cap upgrade.

#29027 15 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

BUY ONE ON THE CHEAP. YOU WONT REGRET IT. PERIOD. DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS

I bought one as a friend a 5 hour drive was selling his (around 8k usd) with pinwoofer and a build date of after Oct/2021 I think so the playfield looked great.

My experience with this pin is, it made me sell AFM, MM, MB remakes to make room for more JJP games. Grabbing a POTC from a friend of a friend. Then maybe Willy Wonka or there next release.

Was time to change things up for me and GnR blew me away!!

Richard

#29028 15 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

keeping it short. Get it. you won't regret it. Mines never leaving.

#29029 15 days ago

You guys have me back on the fence too!

#29030 15 days ago

These 6k to 7k prices on GNR LE’s are just ridiculous.

This pin is an amazing playing game (since day one) and now with the new code and the ability to strengthen the flippers… even more amazing.

If you enjoy GNR music this purchase is a no brainer. Maybe I'm biased because I love the music but really the experience every time you play it is like no other.

If anyone is on the fence about buying this, at these prices, now is the time. GNR is just too good to be selling this cheap. I bought it when it released for $9500 and I’ll never regret it because it’s such a great game. Going on 4 years of ownership and I’m still loving it.

Buy it now while the price is hot, because when the prices level out, you may not be able to snag one again at these prices.
“Not in this lifetime.”

#29031 15 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I've posted here before and have to admit, I really want this game. I'd take a chance and jump on one if one popped up local to me at that price.

Quoted from ChuckRock:

adam-sandler-just-do-it-ign597s36ko7jd8l.gifadam-sandler-just-do-it-ign597s36ko7jd8l.gif
#29032 14 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

IMG_3517.gifIMG_3517.gif
#29033 14 days ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

IMG_3516.gifIMG_3516.gif
#29034 14 days ago

Do it!

IMG_2252.gifIMG_2252.gif
#29035 14 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I bought it when it released for $9500 and I’ll never regret it because it’s such a great game. Going on 4 years of ownership and I’m still loving it. ”

..you lucky Americans, I paid for my Collector’s Edition NIB $19,000= and obviously my Pinball won’t leave my house period. This wasn’t an expense at all, it is an investment to my happiness(period again!).

If my game moves from here I’ll swear that I’ll send on Christmas a coconut cake to that Chaka called thechakapakuni2

IMG_1004 (resized).jpegIMG_1004 (resized).jpeg
#29036 14 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

..you lucky Americans, I paid for my Collector’s Edition NIB $19,000= and obviously my Pinball won’t leave my house period. This wasn’t an expense at all, it is an investment to my happiness(period again!).
If my game moves from here I’ll swear that I’ll send on Christmas a coconut cake to that Chaka called thechakapakuni2
[quoted image]

That sounds like a threat Let's hope it never moves for Chaka's sake!

#29037 14 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

That sounds like a threat

…it is

#29038 14 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

[quoted image]

IMG_3520.gifIMG_3520.gif
#29039 14 days ago

Haven’t tested it yet.

IMG_2267 (resized).jpegIMG_2267 (resized).jpeg
#29040 14 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Haven’t tested it yet.
[quoted image]

Nice!!

#29041 13 days ago

Internal core facilities... Any geeky pinball people want to take a stab at what that is or could be?
Drivers? OS?
The next scorebit AKA pinball connect?

#29042 13 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Internal core facilities... Any geeky pinball people want to take a stab at what that is or could be?
Drivers? OS?
The next scorebit AKA pinball connect?

Knapp Arcade had an update that was related to EJ but also points to more system level changes.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pinball-connect-coming-to-jersey-jack-what-s-this-iron-maiden-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball

Just a WAG on my part.

#29043 13 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Haven’t tested it yet.
[quoted image]

Dang it! I just loaded 3.02

IMG_3524.gifIMG_3524.gif
#29044 13 days ago

13k euro for my GnR LE. 2800 extra on top of purchase price. In hindsight money well spent. If i would not have gotten it then the band couldn't have signed it at the concert later in the year. and 13K turned out to be the price for it anyways after the price hikes that followed. Either way this game aint leaving.

#29045 13 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Dang it! I just loaded 3.02
[quoted image]

No complaining allowed about JJP RELEASING CODE.

#29046 13 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It was coded in beta, so it's in 2.0 production as well.
I think you can set it for ball save or extra ball, but not 100% sure on this.

Do you know where to set this? Thanks!

#29047 13 days ago

Question - and apologies because this is likely in the history of this thread somewhere...

What is the history of the cap modification on the driver board? Did JJP update their driver board (the new caps) for new games - and is that what gave people the idea to mod the old board? Or did JJP start selling a new board for GNR and other games that people have identified the changes to?

#29048 13 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Question - and apologies because this is likely in the history of this thread somewhere...
What is the history of the cap modification on the driver board? Did JJP update their driver board (the new caps) for new games - and is that what gave people the idea to mod the old board? Or did JJP start selling a new board for GNR and other games that people have identified the changes to?

I think it’s both JJP updated their new machines and the new Flipper IO board - it was very evident in the schematics and boards what changed. So the smart guys here figured out that you can get away with just updating the caps

#29049 13 days ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Do you know where to set this? Thanks!

I'm headed to the game to watch Miami and Nashville play... . Can't look tonight.... But maybe someone is next to their game and so if

Anyone that can help out and know where the special award is in settings to set Special to award extra ball?
... The one when the GnR Logo patch becomes available so that the right outlane lights for extra ball.

...guess it's in game settings, awards maybe? Special?

#29050 12 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

For more history, the first few pages here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Indianapolis, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 29,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 581 of 583.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.