Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 560.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I must be the only one having trouble updating . All other updates went smooth but this one takes forever then cancels . The usb I tried to use dont work either but I have always had issues with Jersey Jack machines sometimes being difficult to update . Sterns are much easier .
waiting waiting waiting
[quoted image]

It takes a long time. This isn’t a delta update. It’s 6GB! If your WiFi has poor signal you may want to take a look at your network.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Honestly, that sounds like a neat feature, I'll talk to the team about it... The only problem is if you left it on, and someone else came to the machine and started racking up scores that weren't you. Maybe it could be "home mode," where all scores are yours?

Or if you log out, it stops the auto entry. Or a time out that if another game "at home" isn't played for 15 minutes or so, it stops. Add a toggle button to turn on or off the auto entry. Just some ideas.

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

First and foremost, make sure the game is level left to right. Loosen the top hood of the scoop and make sure it is pointing as far as possible to the left flipper and retighten. There is a little play there. Also, you can slightly bend the hood down which can help. Haven't has a single issue after this minor adjustment hundreds of games later.

Thanks it was very easy to adjust on the SE. remove the plastic and loosen the hood, adjust, and retighten.

#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For a family/non-pinheads home party, can I (as the event leader) enter other people's names for my event? Or does everyone at the party have to have the app and enter themselves? I remember at Expo last year (in the hallway) that I think someone else could enter my name. Curious as that would be perfect for what I would primarily use it for.
Congrats on working with JJP on this. I know you guys were in talks with JJP last Expo about it and were hopeful.

Solved this by using the Iscore ap on a dedicated touch screen kiosk. Anyone can enter their own scores at any time. Machine resets won't matter etc.

Handy for the situation you are talking about and cheaper than retro fitting this system into my 20 games i'll bet.

pb85 (resized).jpgpb85 (resized).jpg

#2855 3 years ago

Something really cool today in attract mode: “it’s Mr Richard Fortus birthday today”. I checked and indeed it is!

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Something really cool today in attract mode: “it’s Mr Richard Fortus birthday today”. I checked and indeed it is!

I apologize to ask this Kermit... but this is like "Video Mode" (E.G. Attack From Mars, shooting down those Martians with the flippers) or what is that?...

Thank You.

C046C806-6CE3-49C9-8D17-DBCFD81CD00A (resized).pngC046C806-6CE3-49C9-8D17-DBCFD81CD00A (resized).png
#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I apologize to ask this Kermit... but this is like "Video Mode" (E.G. Attack From Mars, shooting down those Martians with the flippers) or what is that?...
Thank You.
[quoted image]

That is the Album Mode for Appetite. It’s called Thirst for Carnage. You fight the dirty robot. Not a video mode.

#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Solved this by using the Iscore ap on a dedicated touch screen kiosk. Anyone can enter their own scores at any time. Machine resets won't matter etc.
Handy for the situation you are talking about and cheaper than retro fitting this system into my 20 games i'll bet.
[quoted image]

Yes, I have that setup. Usually only about 5 out of our usual 30 people are competitive and will do that, the others give up trying to remember and enter 7 or so numbers in their scores after a few beers. I gave them a paper version to write down their scores at the machines and then I will catch up and enter them. If that process is all pretty much automatic, it would be better. With GNR in the near future, I would have 6 of 13 or 14 pins covered without much effort and no cost. I am eager to try it and see what happens and go from there. Seems cleaner and easier for events.

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You're not missing something at all. When you play Call of Duty, you are holding a controller, and you have told you Xbox, Playstation or PC that you're you before you start playing by "logging in" with you name to Xbox Live or something similar.
In pinball it's no different, you have to tell us you're you. I think what you would like is to be able to say, "Hey, I'm playing this game for a while. Every score is mine," and have it just automatically submit scores, with your name, while you play.
Honestly, that sounds like a neat feature, I'll talk to the team about it... The only problem is if you left it on, and someone else came to the machine and started racking up scores that weren't you. Maybe it could be "home mode," where all scores are yours?

Yeah that is what I’m talking about. Why can’t it be set up to log in with your username and password. Then all the scores link to your account in the app.

I was hoping JJP would add leaderboards with WiFi. But I wanted it added in the game like that. Not adding a separate app to make more steps.

It could be done both ways. For public play, set the game up for public play where you have to claim your scores. When it’s your home game, link it to you automatically. You could enter your initials at the start of a game to auto link it and add scores.

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

I must be the only one having trouble updating . All other updates went smooth but this one takes forever then cancels . The usb I tried to use dont work either but I have always had issues with Jersey Jack machines sometimes being difficult to update . Sterns are much easier .
waiting waiting waiting
[quoted image]

I’m having the same issue but just figured it was my WiFi connection and the kids using up the speed in their stuff.

Haven’t tried a usb stick yet.

#2861 3 years ago

This game is awesome. The more I play it the more I like it...

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

That's a good idea, basically an event with a special set of leaderboards that are web-based, that the names are essentially temporary. We love identity here at Scorbit, but I see where this is coming from! Stay tuned, we'll think of some solutions.

To be clear... this doesn't have a sensor to sound an alarm when I have the glass off right? Not that I would ever need to do this during a game of course

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To be clear... this doesn't have a sensor to sound an alarm when I have the glass off right? Not that I would ever need to do this during a game of course

It’s funny, it’s a common question but the answer is kind of easy. Do you cheat when you play with no one watching? Probably not. Sure, I guess you could take the glass off, but that’s one of the reasons the default is a leaderboard for your machine. Every type of leaderboard has flaws, so we will offer all of them for the various audiences that need them.

#2864 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

ScorbitVision basically allows you to create four types of web objects:
1. Scoreboards, which are URL that show you a live version of the current game being played in an attractive way for a larger screen. These can be anywhere from 1 machine to 8 machines on a screen. Note that it will display scores and modes where supported (JJP supports modes).
2. Leaderboards, which are URLs that display specific machine's leaderboard or a global leaderboard (we're adding many other types soon). Similar to scoreboards, these can be from 1 to 8 machines on a screen.
3. Slideshows, which are URLs that display Scoreboards and Leaderboards in any sequence, with timers, etc.
4. Streamboards, which are a series of templates that build URLs designed for pinball streaming and OBS.
Here's a demo. The ScorbitVision part comes on after the introductions and the game is going:

Thanks for explaining , it is such a cool idea .
I'm not very tech-savvy .
A couple of questions .
1- if I'm on this thread or anywhere else , could I put the call out to 8 people , to have a comp .
2 - if I buy GNR , I don't ever have to pay for this service .

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks for explaining , it is such a cool idea .
I'm not very tech-savvy .
A couple of questions .
1- if I'm on this thread or anywhere else , could I put the call out to 8 people , to have a comp .
2 - if I buy GNR , I don't ever have to pay for this service .

Yes, today we have a beta concept in the app called challenges that lets you play a game and then challenge others to beat it. We are working on notifications on how this works at the moment. it’s still rough but we improve daily.

We will soon have a feature that allows your to choose people in advance and play against them with a leaderboard for that challenge. That is in development and on our release schedule.

Finally, for Jersey Jack games this is a free service. For other games you must use a Scorbitron which has a hardware and subscription price (although we have a promotion now).

#2866 3 years ago

A question I havnt seen answered yet regarding the Scorebit on JJP games. Will it be able to be switched on or off from the game settings?

#2867 3 years ago

I spoke with my dist. this morning, and still no ETA on the machine. According to him, only 30 machines have been made. I'm struggling with that, given how many folks have posted here with machines. Has anyone gotten other updates on machines?

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I spoke with my dist. this morning, and still no ETA on the machine. According to him, only 30 machines have been made. I'm struggling with that, given how many folks have posted here with machines. Has anyone gotten other updates on machines?

In nearly three weeks (based on the timing of the Facebook photos lately of the LE's on the line) they have made only 30 more LE's??? That cant be right. If they are making 10 a week they are going to be on timing worse than The Big Lebowski! I cant believe that to be true. Even Spooky makes more than that!

#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

In nearly three weeks (based on the timing of the Facebook photos lately of the LE's on the line) they have made only 30 more LE's??? That cant be right. If they are making 10 a week they are going to be on timing worse than The Big Lebowski! I cant believe that to be true. Even Spooky makes more than that!

Its anyone's guess as JJP refuses to communicate to its customer base....its mind boggling to me

#2870 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I got the impression that he was saying there were only 30 games made... period. Again, just looking at the pics and posts here, this seems completely off. Not sure if he was trying to level-set my expectation of getting my LE. I was just curious if anyone with those JJP connections might have more insight. I'm a patient guy, but that's a lot of $ to have in limbo, with no communication.

#2871 3 years ago

Have you guys actually tried calling JJP?

#2872 3 years ago

Could someone explain to me how to turn on the jukebox feature thanks.

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Could someone explain to me how to turn on the jukebox feature thanks.

Never mind just figured it out lol

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

If you look at the current ads for LE machines, Automated Services in Milford, CT. Is listing LEs saying same day shipping. Maybe worth a phone call to verify?

#2875 3 years ago

We just received a 1 LE and 1 STD her in Denmark yesterday so games are being made.

9074967D-85B3-4FE4-943C-C2F32B03C582 (resized).jpeg9074967D-85B3-4FE4-943C-C2F32B03C582 (resized).jpegCAC42132-48EE-4ABC-9CB1-EC7807FD255D (resized).jpegCAC42132-48EE-4ABC-9CB1-EC7807FD255D (resized).jpeg
#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Maybe they are checking/discarding playfields simultaneously?

#2877 3 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

We just received a 1 LE and 1 STD her in Denmark yesterday so games are being made.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow and congrats, will they be the last to europe in a while, due to the blockade?

#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Wow and congrats, will they be the last to europe in a while, due to the blockade?

Thank you

Yes I am afraid so prices are through the roof because of this stupid tax. If my customers want the game I will sell it to them but an extra 25% is crazy.
I do have more games ordered but they will not arrive until next year sometime.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A question I havnt seen answered yet regarding the Scorebit on JJP games. Will it be able to be switched on or off from the game settings?

Yes, the game settings in the Diagnotics/Utilities menu has a Scorbit option.

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

We just received a 1 LE and 1 STD her in Denmark yesterday so games are being made.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations for your Guns N’ Roses!... those 4 Pinball look amazing, very nice! Enjoy

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I got the impression that he was saying there were only 30 games made... period.

No way 30 games have been made. Try 150-200 between LE/SE.

#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah that is what I’m talking about. Why can’t it be set up to log in with your username and password. Then all the scores link to your account in the app.
I was hoping JJP would add leaderboards with WiFi. But I wanted it added in the game like that. Not adding a separate app to make more steps.
It could be done both ways. For public play, set the game up for public play where you have to claim your scores. When it’s your home game, link it to you automatically. You could enter your initials at the start of a game to auto link it and add scores.

The kiosk is just for general play, when i run comp or social comp i use matchplay.com, you can just enter it off a phone for each person. Good thing is you only need one person from a group of 4 to give you the placings for that game. I have a laptop and big screen set up in the game room and people can see what machine and what player order they are next from a glance. Runs pretty smoothly and costs like $20 a year. IFPA standings etc. Matchplay runs the whole comp for me.

matchplay.events/app

#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If you look at the current ads for LE machines, Automated Services in Milford, CT. Is listing LEs saying same day shipping. Maybe worth a phone call to verify?

I don't see where Automated Services says same day shipping on GNR

I speak to Mike weekly and he is unclear like most distributors on when the LE"s are coming in

I have been waiting since day 1 for my LE like most people here

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No way 30 games have been made. Try 150-200 between LE/SE.

So that means like 50-100 since launch? Thats gonna take forever to get the rest built. I would hope more than that.

#2885 3 years ago

I'm having a problem with my right ramp and wonder if any of you have a possible solution...

When the ball hits the top of the ramp, sometimes instead of coming back down the playfield between the two drumsticks, it's riding between the right drumstick and the edge of the cabinet, till it gets just past the sensor and then flows smoothly onto the catwalk. This wouldn't be a problem, unless you didn't hit the target at the top of the right ramp, and since it's missing the sensor in between the drum sticks, you don't get credit for the shot.

Anyone know of an adjustment to improve the likelihood of the ball traveling between the drumsticks rather than off to the right?

Thanks for any ideas!

#2886 3 years ago

I believe someone had the same issue. I think the fix was a bracket was slightly askew and it was able to be repositioned.

I read about it on Pinside, but not sure if it was in this thread, or another GNR related one.

The original post included photos of the ball along the inside cabinet wall.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I believe someone had the same issue. I think the fix was a bracket was slightly askew and it was able to be repositioned.
I read about it on Pinside, but not sure if it was in this thread, or another GNR related one.
The original post included photos of the ball along the inside cabinet wall.

Thanks crazypinballguy -- found the post and saw that the same condition applied to my machine. Popped the bracket out from under a plastic and hopefully this fixes it -- will play some after work. Appreciate you pointing it out!

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So that means like 50-100 since launch? Thats gonna take forever to get the rest built. I would hope more than that.

Last I heard they could make around 60 per week. Not sure how accurate that is, or if they have slowed down due to supply chain issues or COVID, etc.

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I don't see where Automated Services says same day shipping on GNR
I speak to Mike weekly and he is unclear like most distributors on when the LE"s are coming in
I have been waiting since day 1 for my LE like most people here

Screenshot_20201118-142057_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201118-142057_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I'm having a problem with my right ramp and wonder if any of you have a possible solution...
When the ball hits the top of the ramp, sometimes instead of coming back down the playfield between the two drumsticks, it's riding between the right drumstick and the edge of the cabinet, till it gets just past the sensor and then flows smoothly onto the catwalk. This wouldn't be a problem, unless you didn't hit the target at the top of the right ramp, and since it's missing the sensor in between the drum sticks, you don't get credit for the shot.
Anyone know of an adjustment to improve the likelihood of the ball traveling between the drumsticks rather than off to the right?
Thanks for any ideas!

Check out post #1509. I had that issue. A bracket was caught under a plastic causing the whole stick ramp to tilt.

EDIT: I see above, that was hopefully the issue. That was my machine in the pics

#2891 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Have you guys actually tried calling JJP?

I took your advice and called JJP directly. They said that the distributors should know more about numbers of games they will be receiving in the next 2-3 days. I couldn't get any info on number of games being built, or how many would be available before the end of the year. One positive was that they said that Covid-19 was not yet hampering their production, which was nice to hear! Sadly, though, no closer to knowing when my game will be ready!

#2892 3 years ago

sloppy marketing nothing else

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Very possible it's just a mistake. That's why I suggested above that maybe it's worth a phone call.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sort of. Looks more of a Catch phrase to get your company noticed and people to call. Businesses do this stuff all the time. And it’s not entirely false; “same day shipping” ...*cough* <when you’re game is ready>

#2895 3 years ago

Very misleading ad....unless of course he has the games in stock ready to ship, which I highly doubt

#2896 3 years ago

I read it clearly as a general policy that they do same day shipping and that they have over 400 games in stock. Not that they have stock of any one particular machine at all times. Didn't feel at all mislead.

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I read it clearly as a general policy that they do same day shipping and that they have over 400 games in stock. Not that they have stock of any one particular machine at all times. Didn't feel at all mislead.

I get it was a cut and paste, but considering it was an Ad for a GNR LE than its pretty misleading....

#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Never mind just figured it out lol

do share please ha

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

do share please ha

In Settings - Game - scroll way down.

LTG : )

#2900 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Settings - Game - scroll way down.
LTG : )

Do we report bugs in this forum or somewhere else? Want to make sure JJP is aware about the screens going blank or a solid color when playing the song "Chinese democracy". Also animations will block being able to see pyro fuse sometimes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
7,800 (OBO)
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.