Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 560.
#2801 3 years ago

I'll take it while I can, Australian gnr grand champion 6,500,000 or so

E7F84E4F-8E1B-4E6E-B878-20BF9DA3CCFF (resized).jpegE7F84E4F-8E1B-4E6E-B878-20BF9DA3CCFF (resized).jpeg
#2802 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

I just updated code and had a weird glitch where the screen went full solid color and I lost all animations etc. seemed to glitch right as I was starting a song at the center scoop. anyone else encounter this? i turned it off and back on and all was good again.

Updated to 1.08 and was having a killer game then both monitors went black, power reset and all good again. Looks like some kind of bug and not isolated to your game.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Updated to 1.08 and was having a killer game then both monitors went black, power reset and all good again. Looks like some kind of bug and not isolated to your game.

Were you in a song? Which one?

#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

glad to see it wasn't just me ha. I'm sure they will fix it soon...at least I hope.

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Were you in a song? Which one?

It was Chinese democracy.

#2806 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

glad to see it wasn't just me ha. I'm sure they will fix it soon...at least I hope.

They have been really good at squashing bugs.

#2807 3 years ago

Really hope they add some interactivity to the guitar on the SE. have it flash when you lock a ball or something. Should be easy enough to do

#2808 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It was Chinese democracy.

me too!

#2809 3 years ago

The game was doing you a favor by shutting down during that garbage song.

Quoted from manadams:

It was Chinese democracy

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The game was doing you a favor by shutting down during that garbage song.

I like most all the songs on the machine. A few I tolerate. The only one I absolutely can't stand is "This i Love". Vomit City....

#2811 3 years ago

Any tips for adjusting the center vuk? Mine started shooting the ball at the very tip of the left flipper, drains about half the time.

#2812 3 years ago

Asking as I don't remember if thats the song. Isn't that the song that you earn the special mod where this is designed to happen?? IE game lights go off, monitor goes out and it appears to be doing a computer crash simulation which is then followed by an Awesome mod I won't ruin for everyone. Or is this an actual reboot lol.

#2813 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Joined the club this afternoon!
[quoted image]

How do you like the SE? Any video of you playing it?

#2814 3 years ago

Any GnR in Arizona available to play? Always try before I buy and get wife’s approval after playing also.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Asking as I don't remember if thats the song. Isn't that the song that you earn the special mod where this is designed to happen?? IE game lights go off, monitor goes out and it appears to be doing a computer crash simulation which is then followed by an Awesome mod I won't ruin for everyone. Or is this an actual reboot lol.

Your talking about the album mode, shouldn't do that during the song. The screens stayed black after I cashed out the song.

#2816 3 years ago

So when you're in pyro booster mutliball other animations will cover the fuse animation when you're trying to time the explosion.

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You push the button to skip to the next song. You can set it to album order or shuffle.

This is looking just what i hoped it would be. I am so gonna love this game when its here.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You should also check out the ScorbitVision visualizations available to all users if you get a chance, it can really brighten up a game room. (Although I know some of you guys love your dark and sinister dungeons.) Instructions on how to use all that stuff is here: https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/sections/360011974773-ScorbitVision-Guides
We welcome feedback on all of this of course!

Scorebitvision visualisations .
Anyone know what this does or what it is ?
Sounds cool .

#2819 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Scorebitvision visualisations .
Anyone know what this does or what it is ?
Sounds cool .

It’s pretty robust. At its most basic level it’s an electronic leaderboard. Can just be your games or a combination of games around the world.

#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s pretty robust. At its most basic level it’s an electronic leaderboard. Can just be your games or a combination of games around the world.

Won't nerd idiots just pull the glass off to hike their scores up just for bragging rights?

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Won't nerd idiots just pull the glass off to hike their scores up just for bragging rights?

You choose who is on the leaderboard. Don't choose nerd idiots.

#2822 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The camera is fully integrated to account for any nerd idiots and will remove score from leaderboard.

#2823 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any tips for adjusting the center vuk? Mine started shooting the ball at the very tip of the left flipper, drains about half the time.

First and foremost, make sure the game is level left to right. Loosen the top hood of the scoop and make sure it is pointing as far as possible to the left flipper and retighten. There is a little play there. Also, you can slightly bend the hood down which can help. Haven't has a single issue after this minor adjustment hundreds of games later.

#2824 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any GnR in Arizona available to play? Always try before I buy and get wife’s approval after playing also.

Speaking of, anyone in the Knoxville,TN. area that wants to play my LE, is welcome to message me. I'm not an operator, so it's in my home, and my wife will probably take your temperature and make you wash up...lol. But seriously, my offer stands. Sorry you're in Arizona...

#2825 3 years ago

I created a leaderboard. You can have up to 8 machines on the leaderboard. Found a CE at JJP HQ...

https://sv.scorbit.io/viewer/leaderboards/62

#2826 3 years ago

are scores automatically uploaded to scorbit? I see my game but only the # of plays seem to be tracked

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

are scores automatically uploaded to scorbit? I see my game but only the # of plays seem to be tracked

On the "scoreboard" the score updated for the game in real time. On the "leaderboard" you need to submit your score through the app. You need to do that shortly after the game ends.

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

On the "scoreboard" the score updated for the game in real time. On the "leaderboard" you need to submit your score through the app. You need to do that shortly after the game ends.

Am I reading this right. For a collection of ten games it’s 230 per game for the board you have to install and then 75ish bucks a year per game?

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t get it lol

#2830 3 years ago

With the WiFi connectivity, how about the possibilities in the future of buying and downloading another ‘mode’ or ‘song’ to expand game play?

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

With the WiFi connectivity, how about the possibilities in the future of buying and downloading another ‘mode’ or ‘song’ to expand game play?

Oh lord no. Please no. Dont start SELLING additional modes.

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oh lord no. Please no. Dont start SELLING additional modes.

Oh it's coming. Why connect if it's not for $$$?

mX.gifmX.gif
#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Am I reading this right. For a collection of ten games it’s 230 per game for the board you have to install and then 75ish bucks a year per game?

No...sorry for the confusion. To clarify:

Right now, all standard subscriptions are free for a year (see the website).

For ten games, standard accounts (not including JJP games, which are free), you subscribe (aka get licenses) for a flat rate (pricing is $6.99/mo or $69.72/yr for up to 10). Each tier gets you any number of games up to that max, and then the top tier is unlimited. I hope that makes sense.

For hardware, the price drops as you have more active devices total. For each tier, the total cost per unit drops, until you get to $199/unit.

Also, again, all Jersey Jack machines are free. No hardware is required *at all* and no subscription is required (but you do have to register and set up your account or it won't work).

All of this is on this webpage: https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

#2834 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

No. Always free for GNR.

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Oh it's coming. Why connect if it's not for $$$?[quoted image]

Lol, true that. When/if pay for additional modes or features becomes the norm, I'll sell off my wifi enabled games and go straight DMD era complete game bliss.

#2836 3 years ago

I will be interested to see how well this works on JJP games.
Nice to compare scores on the Scorbit.

One nice perk from JJP at no cost to the consumer.

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

No...sorry for the confusion. To clarify:
Right now, all standard subscriptions are free for a year (see the website).
For ten games, standard accounts (not including JJP games, which are free), you subscribe (aka get licenses) for a flat rate (pricing is $6.99/mo or $69.72/yr for up to 10). Each tier gets you any number of games up to that max, and then the top tier is unlimited. I hope that makes sense.
For hardware, the price drops as you have more active devices total. For each tier, the total cost per unit drops, until you get to $199/unit.
Also, again, all Jersey Jack machines are free. No hardware is required *at all* and no subscription is required (but you do have to register and set up your account or it won't work).
All of this is on this webpage: https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

Just wondering what the scorebit vision visualisations do in regards to lighting up your game room .

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just wondering what the scorebit vision visualisations do in regards to lighting up your game room .

ScorbitVision basically allows you to create four types of web objects:

1. Scoreboards, which are URL that show you a live version of the current game being played in an attractive way for a larger screen. These can be anywhere from 1 machine to 8 machines on a screen. Note that it will display scores and modes where supported (JJP supports modes).

2. Leaderboards, which are URLs that display specific machine's leaderboard or a global leaderboard (we're adding many other types soon). Similar to scoreboards, these can be from 1 to 8 machines on a screen.

3. Slideshows, which are URLs that display Scoreboards and Leaderboards in any sequence, with timers, etc.

4. Streamboards, which are a series of templates that build URLs designed for pinball streaming and OBS.

Here's a demo. The ScorbitVision part comes on after the introductions and the game is going:

#2839 3 years ago

this scorbit thing is cool but complicated. I just want my scores to be automatically uploaded to a global leaderboard for my game.

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

this scorbit thing is cool but complicated. I just want my scores to be automatically uploaded to a global leaderboard for my game.

Ok, so for that, all you need is the app.

For now, at the end of each game you play (with or without Scorbit connection to the game), you can submit your score.

We are adding an auto-submit feature to the app for people who have already claimed a slot to auto-submit to the leaderboard. (You can tell Scorbit you are player (n) any time you want during the game and up to a couple minutes after, or when a new game starts, whatever comes first).

Note that there are two leaderboards: One is the one for you specific game. Two is the global leaderboard.

To view the global leaderboard right now, you must create a view of it with ScorbitVision, as the app only lets you see the one for that specific game. We will be adding the ability to view various leaderboards on the app soon.

Does that help?

#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ok, so for that, all you need is the app.
For now, at the end of each game you play (with or without Scorbit connection to the game), you can submit your score.
We are adding an auto-submit feature to the app for people who have already claimed a slot to auto-submit to the leaderboard. (You can tell Scorbit you are player (n) any time you want during the game and up to a couple minutes after, or when a new game starts, whatever comes first).
Note that there are two leaderboards: One is the one for you specific game. Two is the global leaderboard.
To view the global leaderboard right now, you must create a view of it with ScorbitVision, as the app only lets you see the one for that specific game. We will be adding the ability to view various leaderboards on the app soon.
Does that help?

It does thanks. So scores are not automatically uploaded via the machines wifi connection?

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It does thanks. So scores are not automatically uploaded via the machines wifi connection?

Score are automatically sent/updated in real-time over wifi to our platform.

Your final score, however, while *available* online after a game, doesn't automatically save to the leaderboard until you claim it.

The reason for this is because there may be multiple players, and we must know which player is which. Therefore, you need to tell us (or, in some cases, tell the game) who you are. (Just like how after a game you would enter initials, now we expect some interaction here as well.)

You can do this during a game (in the app by pressing the player # slot on the session), or after a game (same thing).

We will be releasing a feature shortly which will speed this up significantly , and adding "auto-save" capability for people who save every score.

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Your final score, however, while *available* online after a game, doesn't automatically save to the leaderboard until you claim it.
The reason for this is because there may be multiple players, and we must know which player is which. Therefore, you need to tell us (or, in some cases, tell the game) who you are. (Just like how after a game you would enter initials, now we expect some interaction here as well.)
You can do this during a game (in the app by pressing the player # slot on the session), or after a game (same thing).
We will be releasing a feature shortly which will speed this up significantly , and adding "auto-save" capability for people who save every score.

For a family/non-pinheads home party, can I (as the event leader) enter other people's names for my event? Or does everyone at the party have to have the app and enter themselves? I remember at Expo last year (in the hallway) that I think someone else could enter my name. Curious as that would be perfect for what I would primarily use it for.

Congrats on working with JJP on this. I know you guys were in talks with JJP last Expo about it and were hopeful.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For a family/non-pinheads home party, can I (as the event leader) enter other people's names for my event? Or does everyone at the party have to have the app and enter themselves? I remember at Expo last year (in the hallway) that I think someone else could enter my name. Curious as that would be perfect for what I would primarily use it for.
Congrats on working with JJP on this. I know you guys were in talks with JJP last Expo about it and were hopeful.

That is a great question! We actually set that up for a few tournaments using a special version of ScorbitVision, so it's not hard for us to make happen for anyone's non-pinhead party.

However, let me make sure I totally get what you want to do:

For each game played, you want to put the players' names in to their player slots yourself, from a web interface?

If the names and scores are meant to kept in our system so people can look at the leaderboard afterwards, they would need a user on the Scorbit platform...but that doesn't mean they need the app.

We could provide a registration desk kind of tool, for people who aren't registered yet, so everyone has a single identity on Scorbit... then you would search for a name to add it to a slot.

Is that what you're thinking of, or just an ephemeral tool for the display?

Thanks for the support!

#2845 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I must be getting old. I really don’t understand this. Why wouldn’t my machine just have a name I give it and then automatically post my scores? If I play a match of call of duty, I don’t pull out an app at the end of a match and then enter my score in that app. It just automatically posts with my name.

Am I missing something here?

#2846 3 years ago

No. Think Pindigo. Except after playing a game your app shows a score that was just had on a game near you and you click claim, and done.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

That is a great question! We actually set that up for a few tournaments using a special version of ScorbitVision, so it's not hard for us to make happen for anyone's non-pinhead party.
However, let me make sure I totally get what you want to do:
For each game played, you want to put the players' names in to their player slots yourself, from a web interface?
If the names and scores are meant to kept in our system so people can look at the leaderboard afterwards, they would need a user on the Scorbit platform...but that doesn't mean they need the app.
We could provide a registration desk kind of tool, for people who aren't registered yet, so everyone has a single identity on Scorbit... then you would search for a name to add it to a slot.
Is that what you're thinking of, or just an ephemeral tool for the display?
Thanks for the support!

Yes, something like that, or a event scoring that I can enter party attendee names and just choose names from that list. Then just wipe out my event results after a time period. Like 2 weeks. Since they are non-pinheads, the scoring for the long term record books isn't necessary. Just a party live tournament kind of thing. People could lookup how they are doing with web based or app based setup, or I could even setup a monitor that shows the scoring. That's probably what I would do if made possible.

Your idea is fine too, just throwing out an idea.

#2848 3 years ago

I must be the only one having trouble updating . All other updates went smooth but this one takes forever then cancels . The usb I tried to use dont work either but I have always had issues with Jersey Jack machines sometimes being difficult to update . Sterns are much easier .
waiting waiting waiting

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I must be getting old. I really don’t understand this. Why wouldn’t my machine just have a name I give it and then automatically post my scores? If I play a match of call of duty, I don’t pull out an app at the end of a match and then enter my score in that app. It just automatically posts with my name.
Am I missing something here?

You're not missing something at all. When you play Call of Duty, you are holding a controller, and you have told you Xbox, Playstation or PC that you're you before you start playing by "logging in" with you name to Xbox Live or something similar.

In pinball it's no different, you have to tell us you're you. I think what you would like is to be able to say, "Hey, I'm playing this game for a while. Every score is mine," and have it just automatically submit scores, with your name, while you play.

Honestly, that sounds like a neat feature, I'll talk to the team about it... The only problem is if you left it on, and someone else came to the machine and started racking up scores that weren't you. Maybe it could be "home mode," where all scores are yours?

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, something like that, or a event scoring that I can enter party attendee names and just choose names from that list. Then just wipe out my event results after a time period. Like 2 weeks. Since they are non-pinheads, the scoring for the long term record books isn't necessary. Just a party live tournament kind of thing. People could lookup how they are doing with web based or app based setup, or I could even setup a monitor that shows the scoring. That's probably what I would do if made possible.
Your idea is fine too, just throwing out an idea.

That's a good idea, basically an event with a special set of leaderboards that are web-based, that the names are essentially temporary. We love identity here at Scorbit, but I see where this is coming from! Stay tuned, we'll think of some solutions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.