Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 560.
#2751 3 years ago

Jjp is usually pretty good helping with warranty even if your not the original owner. I've bought many used jjp pins and they have been great to me ... even was third owner of a game with playfield issues and they sent me a beautiful new playfield. For this reason I will continue to buy from them and used if something pops up.

#2752 3 years ago

I know I'm about 10 years too late but this is a very good interview with Keith and he talks about when they made the Elvis pin .
He said it was too hard to start one of the five songs .
He said he should have done it differently and used a center scoop to start the songs
( sound familiar ) .
He talks about a lot of interesting stuff .
I've only just discovered topcast podcasts and they really good . I wish people were making podcasts like this today .
http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/topcast_63.mp3

#2753 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've always suspected at the factory their power is a bit higher. Example 115AC instead of 110AC. So on the test line flippers are fine.
Which is why they made many of the coil powers adjustable.
Hard to plan for operators not setting them up right.
LTG : )

Does GNR use a transformer or a 48v switching supply? Line voltage shouldn't be an issue with a decent switching supply.

#2754 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

They also need to take "start song" out of mystery or give you the option to pass on it, nothing worse than having to play a song if your boosters or locks are lacking.

This 1000x over. JJP, are you seeing this? I'll also add, I'd like to be able to pass when I hit the scoop accidentally and start song is ready. Much like the option while in a song. Nothing more frustrating than being forced into a song before boosters/locks are satisfactory

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Does GNR use a transformer or a 48v switching supply? Line voltage shouldn't be an issue with a decent switching supply.

Transformer.

#2756 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This 1000x over. JJP, are you seeing this? I'll also add, I'd like to be able to pass when I hit the scoop accidentally and start song is ready. Much like the option while in a song. Nothing more frustrating than being forced into a song before boosters/locks are satisfactory

Not to disagree but isn’t that like every game of risk/reward skill play? You try to build up your multiplier then start the mode. IF you don’t aim your shots and start modes randomly that’s on the player. That’s all part of the overall skill that is pinball. Don’t shoot the scoop.

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp is usually pretty good helping with warranty even if your not the original owner. I've bought many used jjp pins and they have been great to me ... even was third owner of a game with playfield issues and they sent me a beautiful new playfield. For this reason I will continue to buy from them and used if something pops up.

that is good to hear, especially since the game is basically new ha

#2758 3 years ago

any cool plastic protector sets out yet or any art blades?? there doesn't seem to be much room to put mirror blades in since its a very tight fit to the cabinet.

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to disagree but isn’t that like every game of risk/reward skill play? You try to build up your multiplier then start the mode. IF you don’t aim your shots and start modes randomly that’s on the player. That’s all part of the overall skill that is pinball. Don’t shoot the scoop.

I'll agree with you if a song mode is actually lit. Mystery shouldn't give out an award that screws you over though, I avoid shooting the scoop now unless in a booster multiball before a song is ready.

#2760 3 years ago

We tested it at a dealer and my wife is having me make it easier to qualify band members to get a song started. One reason she loves Iron Maiden LE is that you can rock out the whole time. I think the default is 3 and we put it on 1 for each member. How will this affect game play as far as locking balls and building up before starting the song? Just try not to shoot the scoop for as long as possible?

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

We tested it at a dealer and my wife is having me make it easier to qualify band members to get a song started. One reason she loves Iron Maiden LE is that you can rock out the whole time. I think the default is 3 and we put it on 1 for each member. How will this affect game play as far as locking balls and building up before starting the song? Just try not to shoot the scoop for as long as possible?

does she know that song is lit automatically on ball 3 no matter what?

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'll agree with you if a song mode is actually lit. Mystery shouldn't give out an award that screws you over though, I avoid shooting the scoop now unless in a booster multiball before a song is ready.

Now that I agree with. No free songs!

#2763 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes, but theres also risk vs. Reward in being able to cancel the start of song mode to continue to build boosters. Cancel out and you run the risk of draining. Just like when in song mode.

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

does she know that song is lit automatically on ball 3 no matter what?

She wants a song going most of the game. I get it, we had an Alice Cooper that she hated because she'd have a hard time getting a song started on that too and halfway through the song you lose the ball and the song is over. No one wants the charity song on ball 3. One of the great things about Maiden is that you choose a song to play to and the modes are other songs.

Making the band members easier to light makes it much quicker to get a song going and that's great for my many casual friends and family. Question is, can the more advanced players compete with each other by now just avoiding the scoop for as long as possible before starting the song?

(To be clear, I'm still waiting for my machine. My wife isn't too convinced it's a good buy because of the default song start difficulty. Also to be clear, she's the reason my house is an arcade.)

#2766 3 years ago

She wants a song going most of the game. I get it, we had an Alice Cooper that she hated because she'd have a hard time getting a song started on that too and halfway through the song you lose the ball and the song is over. No one wants the charity song on ball 3. One of the great things about Maiden is that you choose a song to play to and the modes are other songs.
Making the band members easier to light makes it much quicker to get a song going and that's great for my many casual friends and family. Question is, can the more advanced players compete with each other by now just avoiding the scoop for as long as possible before starting the song?
(To be clear, I'm still waiting for my machine. My wife isn't too convinced it's a good buy because of the default song start difficulty. Also to be clear, she's the reason my house is an arcade.)

So you want a charity song on ball 1? JJP said they are adding a mode where you pick a song and rock out with unlimited ball save, sounds like your wife will love that feature.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now that I agree with. No free songs!

The way the code currently sits it's crucial you go into a song with boosters and locks and actually avoid the album modes or time them out. I know it's silly to complain about a free song but if you care about the score it will piss you off, most likely you will get booed off stage or drain with an early free song award. The album modes need increased scoring badly, so much risk with single ball play and lucky to get 500k while you can blow up a song for 18 mil.

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So you want a charity song on ball 1? JJP said they are adding a mode where you pick a song and rock out with unlimited ball save, sounds like your wife will love that feature.

Easier to light band members is not a charity ball. I can't tell if you are being a jerk or not....

None of this answers my original question.

#2769 3 years ago

Easier to light band members is not a charity ball. I can't tell if you are being a jerk or not....

Lol I’m not. I just don’t think making the band members easier to light is a good solution to the perceived problem. If you light the song too quickly she will go into it with not enough balls/ball saver/points to make the song last and be fun. She is more likely to enjoy going into a song with multiple balls, so I’d suggest building they up with balls 1-2 and triggering the song on ball 3. Just my 2c

#2770 3 years ago

So maybe JJP can chime in on this because it's not clear on the rules flow chart. What specifically does each booster mode meter increase scoring on? Say for example the pyro booster mode wants switch hits to build the meter, does this mean that all switch hits in the song mode are boosted?

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol I’m not. I just don’t think making the band members easier to light is a good solution to the perceived problem. If you light the song too quickly she will go into it with not enough balls/ball saver/points to make the song last and be fun. She is more likely to enjoy going into a song with multiple balls, so I’d suggest building they up with balls 1-2 and triggering the song on ball 3. Just my 2c

So the game isn't really designed to have a song every ball like most games start modes every ball. Damn, might be a hard sell to get her into it then.

#2772 3 years ago

So the game isn't really designed to have a song every ball like most games start modes every ball. Damn, might be a hard sell to get her into it then.

Like I said, there is going to be a feature that allows you to choose any song and play it from the get go with unlimited ball saver. I’m guessing she will love that.

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So maybe JJP can chime in on this because it's not clear on the rules flow chart. What specifically does each booster mode meter increase scoring on? Say for example the pyro booster mode wants switch hits to build the meter, does this mean that all switch hits in the song mode are boosted?

It's like you've been listening in on my conversations with my wife and friends. I love the game, I understand lots of what I'm doing, but I agree with you again. What exactly am I building up when I do throw the lights for example. I understand building it is good, but WHY... what does it boost? I'd also like an explanation of song levels, and how/what builds them. And what are the levels worth once built?? Friends ask what to do, and I can tell them this is good, and that's good, but I have no idea WHY. And what exactly do band member levels do, and what are they worth when boosted? So many questions regarding the finer points of scoring.

#2774 3 years ago

You Could just get her an iPod? lol

#2775 3 years ago

New code out! 1.08.

=== Game Code
+ added Scorbit scoring and mode support
+ added attract mode jukebox
* fixed an issue with song album progress not showing for the song Patience
* corrected an issue where Shall We Play A Game? did not start the
background music on time
+ added a brightness adjustment for the lit bass guitar on the left ramp on
the Standard Edition
* changed mystery default difficulty
* changed "Continue Add Ball" adjustment to "Continue Add-a-Ball Limit". i
can be set from 0 (No add-a-balls) to 9 or unlimited. default is unlimited.
this is per-song
* fixed power chord add-a-ball
* songs now kill on-the-road modes on start
* various other bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
+ added initial Scorbit support
+ added initial NTP/Time Zone support
* network settings are now cleared on factory reset
* fixed crash at game start when camera is disabled
* sped up network initialization greatl

#2776 3 years ago

Sweet update....Now all 6 guys that have their games can link up!

#2777 3 years ago

How responsive is JJP to owner input on rules?

How committed have they been on past games to polish the code after game release?

Things like Slash Solo, Tour Multiball and Album Wizard Modes seem undervalued based on the difficulty to achieve.

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

How committed have they been on past games to polish the code after game release?
Things like Slash Solo, Tour Multiball and Album Wizard Modes seem undervalued based on the difficulty to achieve.

They tweak rules and scores pretty often in the first few months of release then only update once to twice a year after. (based on my experience with DI and Pirates.)

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

I personally despise the slash solo mode as it's currently coded. Its very undervalued, very risky, and usually results in a drain. I let it time out. Could be a cool side mode with the proper incentives.

#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Got this awesome piece from back alley today. Great piece, and looks awesome with the guns. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to see what other mods come out from them.
[quoted image]

Wow that looks awesome....Back Alley does great work and a very reasonable price

#2781 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I personally despise the slash solo mode as it's currently coded. Its very undervalued, very risky, and usually results in a drain. I let it time out. Could be a cool side mode with the proper incentives.

I second that!!! The one mode on the game that sorry just sounds like racket and I count the seconds till it times out!

#2782 3 years ago

Pretty awesome that Scorbit will be in every game. That stuff isnt cheap if you bought it separately.

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty awesome that Scorbit will be in every game. That stuff isnt cheap if you bought it separately.

New to me. What is that?

#2785 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

New code out! 1.08.
=== Game Code
+ added Scorbit scoring and mode support
+ added attract mode jukebox
* fixed an issue with song album progress not showing for the song Patience
* corrected an issue where Shall We Play A Game? did not start the
background music on time
+ added a brightness adjustment for the lit bass guitar on the left ramp on
the Standard Edition
* changed mystery default difficulty
* changed "Continue Add Ball" adjustment to "Continue Add-a-Ball Limit". i
can be set from 0 (No add-a-balls) to 9 or unlimited. default is unlimited.
this is per-song
* fixed power chord add-a-ball
* songs now kill on-the-road modes on start
* various other bug fixes and improvements
=== Core Code
+ added initial Scorbit support
+ added initial NTP/Time Zone support
* network settings are now cleared on factory reset
* fixed crash at game start when camera is disabled
* sped up network initialization greatl

Thanks!

Downloading it now.

3AC2C965-4282-485B-A92A-908A1D92B07D (resized).jpeg3AC2C965-4282-485B-A92A-908A1D92B07D (resized).jpeg
#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep, included by default. JJP was an absolutely joy to work with to make it happen. Amazing people.

I realize it can be expensive, depending on the use case. It takes a lot to manage the cloud infrastructure and manage the hardware. That being said, for standard (home) accounts, we're offering a one year free promotion on the website for standard accounts (although JJP machines are free always anyway).

The app is new and in development, so we'll release features on that as fast as we can. You should also check out the ScorbitVision visualizations available to all users if you get a chance, it can really brighten up a game room. (Although I know some of you guys love your dark and sinister dungeons.) Instructions on how to use all that stuff is here: https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/sections/360011974773-ScorbitVision-Guides

We welcome feedback on all of this of course!

#2787 3 years ago

This system is made to be put in at the manufacturers level. It was a great idea to partner with JJP! Hopefully other manufacturers line up too!

#2788 3 years ago

Lots of new helpful callouts in the new code.

#2789 3 years ago

I just updated code and had a weird glitch where the screen went full solid color and I lost all animations etc. seemed to glitch right as I was starting a song at the center scoop. anyone else encounter this? i turned it off and back on and all was good again.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

I just updated code and had a weird glitch where the screen went full solid color and I lost all animations etc. seemed to glitch right as I was starting a song at the center scoop. anyone else encounter this? i turned it off and back on and all was good again.

Nothing like that here.

#2791 3 years ago

Where is the setting for guitar brightness?

#2792 3 years ago

how does attract mode jukebox work?

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

how does attract mode jukebox work?

It’s pretty cool. You can set it to be automatic or manual. In auto it just starts playing a song in attract. You can choose if you want just the song, song with video, or song video and light show. In manual you need to hold the action button to start.

#2794 3 years ago

Also, anyone know what switch #18 “bumper rubber” is?

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Also, anyone know what switch #18 “bumper rubber” is?

When you go into switch test you can toggle a playfield map that shows you exactly.

It’s the rubber ring to the left of the “P” under the hat.

B021FD6D-3B75-478A-8430-B947CF3CF001 (resized).jpegB021FD6D-3B75-478A-8430-B947CF3CF001 (resized).jpeg
#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Like I said, there is going to be a feature that allows you to choose any song and play it from the get go with unlimited ball saver. I’m guessing she will love that.

This sounds very promising. Like a mini game, play one song in its entirety and see how many points you get. Could make for a great party game. I really like that Keith elwin is adding these mode options to his games as well (JP).

#2797 3 years ago

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

#2798 3 years ago

Attract mode jukebox , can you actually control what song is played?

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Attract mode jukebox , can you actually control what song is played?

You push the button to skip to the next song. You can set it to album order or shuffle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.