IMG_20240413_155853 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,354 posts in this topic. You are on page 554 of 568.
#27651 59 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Peace all and go play a game or two or ten of GnR!
Dave

IMG_2043.gifIMG_2043.gif
#27652 59 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

City touring collects hidden band member items. This increases scoring during songs.
It's hard to see when this happens, but make sure to look up at the screen when touring.
Get far enough in the tour and you can play tour multiball.

And touring shots progress from hitting the orbits correct?

#27653 59 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Yes that's right, don't forget the inner orbit from the upper right flipper.

#27654 59 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes that's right, don't forget the inner orbit from the upper right flipper.

Totally forgot about that one actually. Thanks

#27655 59 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Correct. Also from shooting the inner loop from the upper right flipper that says travel on the playfield on the left of the scoop. Basically every shot that has a mode of transportation on the playfield (like a truck, airplane etc,etc)

#27656 59 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Yes, and the inner loop (not the Richard spinner, but the one reachable only from the upper right flipper)

#27657 59 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The latest code takes out all the servos if 1 goes bad. So if you pull each one in test mode and try again, you'll find the culprit as the remaining will start to work. At least that's how it's been for me.
Chances are you plugged in a bad servo that immediately smoked upon startup (luck of the draw with the crappy ones JJP supplies) and rendered the rest non functioning. Timing coincidence is what I think.
These servos burn out, plain and simple...i just keep 4 of them on hand and replace as needed. I play my machine so they burn out after regular use. Some in 6 months, some in a year
Get these from Raceday Quads https://www.racedayquads.com/products/emax-es3054-17g-metal-gear-digital-servo

Interesting, all my servos seemed to have died together.
Wonder why they added this feature to the latest code?

#27658 58 days ago

I replaced all my servos and one was still giving me issues. Pulled the connector out of the board on the bottom of the playfield and reconnected and all is right in the world. One of the servos was melted that I replaced. I hate servos in pinball if I'm being honest. I just haven't had good luck with them.

#27659 58 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Anyone know how to go back to the official released code from the beta code?

Don't forget to opt out of beta in the menu settings first, then backup your settings and scores to USB.
Then you can load production manually from USB (a different one, lol, or make the full install and then back up your settings on it.. that works too.)
But if you have the latest beta, I am pretty sure it's the same thing, so that's why I haven't bothered.

#27660 58 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

GNR had the worst heat-related fade of any game, for me. Is it completely gone now?

I think that itch might be scratched with an LE and new caps ... gonna kick you off the fence. Just a hunch.

#27661 58 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think that itch might be scratched with an LE and new caps ... gonna kick you off the fence. Just a hunch.

New I/O Board feels like…

IMG_2046.gifIMG_2046.gif
#27662 58 days ago

When we first got GnR, my son tried for weeks to get to the Not In This Lifetime final wizard mode. He eventually gave up. Last night I asked him to give it another try now that I had added Precision flippers and upgraded the capacitors. Took him only two games to succeed! The final wizard mode was crazy doing shit like reversing the flippers and even individually killing them! At one point only the upper right flipper was working, wtf?

#27663 58 days ago

JJP GNR LE Playfield Scan

Hey all I am looking for the playfield/cabinet/blade scans for an LE. I pinged this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-gnr-ce-le-se-playfield-fix
The owner said he did not have access to the files anymore. Any chance someone saved these locally and could share via Onedrive or Google/Dropbox?

I can Venmo you for your time!

Thanks!

#27664 57 days ago

Hi all, first problem I ever had since Nov 21. My GNR-LE boots up normally, both LCD are on, camera is working and makes call outs, all GI on.
When I push the Start button, nothing happens, pushing the black button to enter the menu has no effect. The controller board on the left side of the cabinet shows 3 green lights at the front, one flashing orange light further back and a blue light on the dongle.
I would appreciate if anyone could guide me to a fix. Thanks

#27665 57 days ago
Quoted from roland_rat:

Hi all, first problem I ever had since Nov 21. My GNR-LE boots up normally, both LCD are on, camera is working and makes call outs, all GI on.
When I push the Start button, nothing happens, pushing the black button to enter the menu has no effect. The controller board on the left side of the cabinet shows 3 green lights at the front, one flashing orange light further back and a blue light on the dongle.

I just ran into my first problem with mine too. I went to turn it on and you can hear the fan (I think) start up, but nothing else, no GI, no monitor...absolutely nothing. Did my battery die? It's weird if so, I am on an original battery with my Pirates and never had issues.

#27666 57 days ago

Hey sorry if this has been covered. I can only assume it has been.

I am getting ball-sticks to the right of the lower pop-bumper. The ball simply comes to rest between the skirt and the small rubber ring. I know I can fabricate a fix, but I am wondering if someone has already found a less-surgical like solution that maybe I am not seeing. Pic below. Thanks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27667 57 days ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I am getting ball-sticks to the right of the lower pop-bumper. The ball simply comes to rest between the skirt and the small rubber ring. I know I can fabricate a fix, but I am wondering if someone has already found a less-surgical like solution that maybe I am not seeing. Pic below. Thanks.[quoted image]

I had to fab a fix off the pin post.

#27668 57 days ago

I was thinking of adding a second mini-post just above and to the left the current one. How did JJ not see this? The crazy thing is I never had this happen on the old rubbers. I put new rubbers on and its happened several times.

#27669 57 days ago

I am getting ball-sticks to the right of the lower pop-bumper. The ball simply comes to rest between the skirt and the small rubber ring. I know I can fabricate a fix, but I am wondering if someone has already found a less-surgical like solution that maybe I am not seeing. Pic below. Thanks.[quoted image]

Try this. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017

#27670 57 days ago

Now thats what I am talking about. A million thanks.

If someone is interested in one of my PinDoc Playfield Rotisseries at a $75.00 discount, PM me please. Send me this printed part and I will hook you up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#27671 57 days ago

If someone is interested in one of my PinDoc Playfield Rotisseries at a $65.00 discount, PM me please. Send me this printed part and I will hook you up.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped

I cut a felt/rubber protector pad in half with an adhesive backing. Stuck it on the skirt and it juts out just slightly. Can't see it from the player view. Been stuck on there for 2 years and no issues and never had a stuck ball since

20240222_224335 (resized).jpg20240222_224335 (resized).jpg

#27672 57 days ago

I posted this fix 2 years ago on this post. I was only a couple years into the hobby and the fix at the time seemed a little ghetto, but after trying everything else, the foam worked 100% to present time

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/178#post-6253643

#27673 57 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I posted this fix 2 years ago on this post. I was only a couple years into the hobby and the fix at the time seemed a little ghetto, but after trying everything else, the foam worked 100% to present time
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/178#post-6253643

Yep just cut a piece of furniture foam pad, and stick that to the popbumper. Did that 2 years ago and neveer had an issue since.
I used white faom to match the bumper skirt but I think it will be black by now...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/268#post-6436856

#27674 57 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just ran into my first problem with mine too. I went to turn it on and you can hear the fan (I think) start up, but nothing else, no GI, no monitor...absolutely nothing. Did my battery die? It's weird if so, I am on an original battery with my Pirates and never had issues.

It sure sounds like it.
Mine did the same thing while my woz & hobbit are still rocking their original batteries.

#27675 57 days ago
Quoted from roland_rat:

This happened to me. I spoke with jjp support and they sent out a new io board.

#27676 57 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

When we first got GnR, my son tried for weeks to get to the Not In This Lifetime final wizard mode. He eventually gave up. Last night I asked him to give it another try now that I had added Precision flippers and upgraded the capacitors. Took him only two games to succeed! The final wizard mode was crazy doing shit like reversing the flippers and even individually killing them! At one point only the upper right flipper was working, wtf?

My spoiler-free response to the above - during that segment of NITL mode, the action button controls both of the lower flippers simultaneously. There's also segments where you have to use the action button to control the left flipper while using the right button normally, and vice versa in another segment (left/action buttons).

My reply to this contains Not In This Lifetime mode semi-spoilers, so if you want to see it, expand the Quote section here, and my actual response appears at the bottom.

#27677 57 days ago

If someone is interested in one of my PinDoc Playfield Rotisseries at a $75.00 discount, PM me please. Send me this printed part and I will hook you up.
[quoted image]

If reinforce that device with tape. I’ve had two break.

#27678 56 days ago

Anyone know where to find a JJ GnR topper?

#27679 56 days ago

Ok, so I was trying to jump start my GNR and after opening up the metal box I see that my entire wire harness is all black wires. The old outdated video from Butch talks about all the colors of the rainbow and is on a WOZ in the bottom of the cabinet. I would love to get this game going again, but I am not confident using a super old video for reference that talks about things my game doesn't have. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to get her going again?

PXL_20240224_212508346 (resized).jpgPXL_20240224_212508346 (resized).jpgPXL_20240224_212521559 (resized).jpgPXL_20240224_212521559 (resized).jpg
#27680 56 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ok, so I was trying to jump start my GNR and after opening up the metal box I see that my entire wire harness is all black wires. The old outdated video from Butch talks about all the colors of the rainbow and is on a WOZ in the bottom of the cabinet. I would love to get this game going again, but I am not confident using a super old video for reference that talks about things my game doesn't have. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to get her going again?[quoted image][quoted image]

Short these 2 pins

Screenshot 2024-02-24 160051 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2024-02-24 160051 (resized).jpg
#27681 56 days ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Short these 2 pins[quoted image]

Yep, thanks Tom for walking me through that.

Just for reference for anyone else who may need it down the line. My board is a H310CM-HDV. Shorting those two pins on start up got the game fired up. Which took me to a screen where it says hit F2 or Delete for setup and F1 to continue. I replaced my coin battery at this point. Then I hit F2 and it brought me to a password screen. I did a soft reset of control, alt, delete and it rebooted. The reboot got me all the way into the game like normal so maybe my coin battery wasn't dead after all, but I put in a new one anyway. Removed the USB keyboard and powered off, waited 30 seconds, powered on and the game came up again like normal. After that, so far so good. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

426285476_379948221638160_7703560228379363047_n (resized).jpg426285476_379948221638160_7703560228379363047_n (resized).jpg427997423_1593088864776451_910543865261955798_n (resized).jpg427997423_1593088864776451_910543865261955798_n (resized).jpg
#27682 55 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Can anyone help point me in the right direction to get her going again?

Search for Pinballomatic 's post dealing with all black wires.

LTG : )

#27683 55 days ago

Not sure why we dont just install a reset button to make our lives easier, which is all the jumper is doing.

#27684 55 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Not sure why we dont just install a reset button to make our lives easier, which is all the jumper is doing.

I agree. The whole jumper thing is ridiculous. Battery dies and you need to jump the board? So dumb.

#27685 55 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I agree. The whole jumper thing is ridiculous. Battery dies and you need to jump the board? So dumb.

You don’t have to do this bullshit with Sterns man

#27686 55 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You don’t have to do this bullshit with Sterns man

You know why right?
JJP is just a desktop PC.
Stern is not.

#27687 55 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You know why right?
Stern is not.

Yes but to add a little more...
It's a PC with a custom pinball USB IO Driver board.
Which you can easily get the enhanced cap functionality in around 5 minutes with HerculEASE
Sorry, couldn't miss the opportunity.

#27688 55 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You know why right?
Stern is not.

I know.
I was just humoring MattyK.

#27689 55 days ago

I mean, come on guys

IMG_2090.gifIMG_2090.gif
#27691 53 days ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Score balancing is in the works.

#27692 53 days ago
IMG_2451 (resized).pngIMG_2451 (resized).png
#27694 52 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

When was this said? Where?

IMG_2099.gifIMG_2099.gif
#27695 51 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

When was this said? Where?

Keith Johnson stated this on the Open Beta site on Feb 22. He asked that folks submit high score screens for research purposes.

#27696 51 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Keith Johnson stated this on the Open Beta site on Feb 22. He asked that folks submit high score screens for research purposes.

This is cool that there is real momentum. They fix the scoring, which to me seems very doable, that will push this title to new heights. Love the game w/the tweaks though. Still the title any random person that comes in my basement goes to first. I think it is the topper that pulls them as well.

#27697 51 days ago

Maybe distributors are leaning a little harder on JJP for a code update so that they can move their stock. Still a lot of NIB out there.

#27698 51 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

For clarity purposes, the "Where's the code thread" is saying this was several years back. Can you confirm if this post is from Feb 22nd, 2024? Or did someone just put that on the site to troll?

#27699 51 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

For clarity purposes, the "Where's the code thread" is saying this was several years back. Can you confirm if this post is from Feb 22nd, 2024? Or did someone just put that on the site to troll?

I can confirm it as a fresh quote because I sent him my high scores in response to his request just a few days ago.

#27700 51 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

I can confirm it as a fresh quote because I sent him my high scores in response to his request just a few days ago.

Then why does it show that his account hasn't been active since December?

keefer (resized).pngkeefer (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,354 posts in this topic. You are on page 554 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/554 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.