Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 560.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I lost all sound.... any ideas?
[quoted image]

Stupid question as I'm not even sure if this would happen but did you possibly enable the Blue Tooth speaker button on the front of the game?

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Aaah, i understand.

All good. There was never any doubt about the info you posted.

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

All good. There was never any doubt about the info you posted.

And there isn't any doubt in any info i am posting.

I know everyone in the industry all friends of mine for more than 20 years.

I know who makes what parts, who ships the games and at the moment USA are quoting 42 days shipping unless an extra $2,000 paid for 28 days shipping and if shipping next week won't make it here before Xmas.

I have games coming in as well it is what it is, I wish it wasn't as everyone wants games before Christmas.

Not that it matters to you as Paul tells me you have no skin in the game.

#2704 3 years ago

For Example goods loaded Oct 1st and its railed from Chicago to LA
sailed Oct 16th

USCHI = Chicago, United States 01-Oct-20 AUMEL = Melbourne, Australia 22-Nov-20
ROUTING INFORMATION
Mode Vessel / Voyage / IMO(Lloyds) Carrier Load Disch. ETD ETA ATD ATA
SEA E.R. DENMARK / 112S / OOCL (AUSTRALIA) USLGB = AUMEL = 16-Oct-20 22-Nov-20

Long Beach to Melbourne

Another Container Loading Nov 21st will arrive mid Jan

#2705 3 years ago

Went to pinball sales Australia today and played Guns N Roses .
I have to start by saying Paul is such a cool guy . I mentioned I have a couple problems with my Hobbit and before you knew it , he was handing me parts and showing me mechanisms on how to fix the problems .
Now GNR .
The Game is stunning .
I really like the game play and the shots were great . I think it has good flow , if you can pull it off , I went from orbit to both ramps then two and a half times the inner loop , it felt really good . The left ramp is so clear you can hardly see it .
I like the upper playfield , it was tricky at first but got the hang of it after a little bit .
The skill shot was alright , it's pretty cool how it's got the new sensors .
The flippers didn't feel as Snappy as my Hobbit but it didn't detract from the fun of the game .
The "light rails" were awesome , I thought they would be skinny tubes but they actually really thick .
The demo model I played , the Playfield looked perfect , no pooling , chipping , I didn't even notice any dimples and the rubbers were all sweet to .
It isn't cheap but you can see where the money has gone , even the arm the TV swings out on screamed quality .
Overall such a great fun game , I give it 10 out of 10 . Easily game of the year .
I'm definitely in .

IMG20201113135343 (resized).jpgIMG20201113135343 (resized).jpgIMG20201113135415 (resized).jpgIMG20201113135415 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140730 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140730 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140742 (resized).jpgIMG20201113140742 (resized).jpg
#2706 3 years ago

Rose approved of the cool hat

71B5597B-B811-4DFF-B1E9-8C9C8A0CAFA8 (resized).png71B5597B-B811-4DFF-B1E9-8C9C8A0CAFA8 (resized).pngFCA8B189-AD92-4F2E-AB79-34D0C8D53F31 (resized).pngFCA8B189-AD92-4F2E-AB79-34D0C8D53F31 (resized).png
#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have to start by saying Paul is such a cool guy . I mentioned I have a couple problems with my Hobbit and before you knew it , he was handing me parts and showing me mechanisms on how to fix the problems .

Have to agree. Have spoken to Paul by phone a couple of times and via email and he never displays any hint of arrogance or self-aggrandising that most of us would have come to expect in the past. A refreshing change. Totally professional, generous with his time and it would be beyond ridiculous to infer that he would do anything as grubby as compromising the integrity of customer data.

Can definitely recommend to others that Paul from pinball sales is someone to do business with for both pre-purchase and after sales support.

Excellent machine review as well @screaminr. This is the only GnR machine in Australia so far?

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Have to agree. Have spoken to Paul by phone a couple of times and via email and he never displays any hint of arrogance or self-aggrandising that most of us would have come to expect in the past. A refreshing change. Totally professional, generous with his time and it would be beyond belief that he would do anything as grubby as compromising customer data.
The more collectors see that it has changed for the better down here the more sales will increase and with any luck it will inevitably flow through to other pinball company domestic distributorships as well when they see that a change in distributors results in a sudden spike in sales from persons who previously refused to buy locally on principle.
Can definitely recommend to others that Paul from pinball sales is someone to do business with for both pre-purchase and after sales support.
Excellent review as well screaminr. This is the only GnR machine in Australia so far?

Totally agree with all your points .
And I know a lot of people who agree with you .
Dealing with Paul was a breath of fresh air .
He came across as very genuine straightforward and no bullshit .
There were so many things I like about the game that I didn't mention , such as the metallic red armour , how good the little high-definition screen was , the animations , the sound , to name a few .
I don't know but I assume that it's the only machine in Australia .

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now GNR .
The Game is stunning .
I really like the game play and the shots were great . I think it has good flow , if you can pull it off , I went from orbit to both ramps then two and a half times the inner loop , it felt really good . The left ramp is so clear you can hardly see it .
I like the upper playfield , it was tricky at first but got the hang of it after a little bit .
The skill shot was alright , it's pretty cool how it's got the new sensors .
The flippers didn't feel as Snappy as my Hobbit but it didn't detract from the fun of the game .
The "light rails" were awesome , I thought they would be skinny tubes but they actually really thick .
The demo model I played , the Playfield looked perfect , no pooling , chipping , I didn't even notice any dimples and the rubbers were all sweet to .
It isn't cheap but you can see where the money has gone , even the arm the TV swings out on screamed quality .
Overall such a great fun game , I give it 10 out of 10 . Easily game of the year .
I'm definitely in .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think you can turn the power up on the flippers, i played it and was told it can be adjusted is this correct?
Just tell me you didn't beat Paul's score he would be spewing i nearly beat it but got 2nd.
I was also blown away by this release, Jersey Jack has raised the bar, Awaiting Stern's reply. LED ZEP? anyway its excellent for the hobby.

#2710 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I think you can turn the power up on the flippers, i played it and was told it can be adjusted is this correct?
Just tell me you didn't beat Paul's score he would be spewing i nearly beat it but got 2nd.
I was also blown away by this release, Jersey Jack has raised the bar, Awaiting Stern's reply. LED ZEP? anyway its excellent for the hobby.

Curious what was Paul’s score?

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Settings - Coils - find it there.

LTG : )

#2712 3 years ago

Got this awesome piece from back alley today. Great piece, and looks awesome with the guns. Highly recommended. Can’t wait to see what other mods come out from them.

74E78ABB-43F2-4A0B-B3E6-DBB3FAE5EC63 (resized).jpeg74E78ABB-43F2-4A0B-B3E6-DBB3FAE5EC63 (resized).jpeg
#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Curious what was Paul’s score?

3.8 million i think.
on my 3rd game i got 3.5 million

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yep , you can turn up the power on each individual flipper .
The flippers were more than powerful enough to get every shot .
I'm not saying they felt sloppy or anything like that , they just didn't feel as sharp as my other two games , maybe by a millisecond but I felt that they gave me really good ball control , and in no way they took away fun from the game . Back in the day I thought about buying Lord of the Rings and The Simpsons but I didn't just because the flippers felt so weak and shit .
GNR's flippers feel nothing like that .
To Stern's credit their flippers feel a hundred percent better now .
I don't think I beat anyone's highscore , I did have my opportunity to put my name in a few times but the last thing on my mind was my score , I just entered A and was excited to restart the game .
I was thinking today what I liked most about the game . The overall game looks sick and audio visuals are excellent but the thing I like the most was the playfield shots .
It has some very doable shots and some very tricky shots and the right to left orbit feels so great . The upper Playfield isn't a waste of space and you have a few genuine shots to go for . But my favourite shots in pinball are the outer orbits and this game has 2 of the quickest and smoothest orbits I've played , when that ball shoots around so fast and it is repeatable ( if you're lucky ) it just feels awesome .

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - find it there.

I first turned my flippers up by 3 points each. That was a bit much. I reduced them to 2 points above stock and they feel as good as anything else I own

#2716 3 years ago

From my experience, all JJP games default with fairly weak flippers. This ruins the ‘on location’ experience for me. When I took a chance and boight WOZ, I had to increase the flipper strength and it was a night and day difference. The game blew my mind on how well it played, still miss it.

Same goes for GNR. Played it new on location, fun but weak. Played it a few weeks later at the same location where op said he tweaked the flippers; again, night and day difference.

I’m not adding much, just rambling, and sharing my experience. But, I wonder why JJP defaults their flippers so weak? Better long term for operators perhaps?

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But, I wonder why JJP defaults their flippers so weak?

I've always suspected at the factory their power is a bit higher. Example 115AC instead of 110AC. So on the test line flippers are fine.

Which is why they made many of the coil powers adjustable.

Hard to plan for operators not setting them up right.

#2718 3 years ago

Stupid question, how do you pull out the monitor from the backbox? Manual doesn’t show anything. Is it the screws along the sides?

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Stupid question, how do you pull out the monitor from the backbox? Manual doesn’t show anything. Is it the screws along the sides?

You just pull. Magnets hold it in place.

#2720 3 years ago

Joined the club this afternoon!

20201114_145043 (resized).jpg20201114_145043 (resized).jpg
#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s a super weird sensation first time you do it.

#2722 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

[quoted image]

And next door to maiden , great choices.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

[quoted image]

Damn that’s a beautiful pin.

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'll add this, pull in the center of the left or right side, NOT the top or bottom.

#2725 3 years ago

It's Lior's Birthday Sale for his mods. Good time to get your GNR mods if you haven't yet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/3#post-5963634

#2726 3 years ago

Got my new record spinner assembly yesterday and installed it.

Emailed JJP on Tuesday night about the issue (had to register my game on Wednesday) then they sent out the part for right away.

A big Thanks to Barry over there for helping me with this and sending it so quickly!

91ADD267-D1F9-46B1-8C89-A309F848650B (resized).jpeg91ADD267-D1F9-46B1-8C89-A309F848650B (resized).jpeg
#2727 3 years ago

is it possible to transfer warranty on a new slightly used game? I just bought a low play SE yesterday which is maybe a month old, but the original owner registered it already.

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

is it possible to transfer warranty on a new slightly used game? I just bought a low play SE yesterday which is maybe a month old, but the original owner registered it already.

No. Warranty is for the original purchaser only.

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Warranty is for the original purchaser only.

that stinks, thanks LTG.

#2730 3 years ago

I would not buy used right now with these playfield issues.

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Keep in touch w the original owner.. may be able to help u down the road if need be.

#2732 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Keep in touch w the original owner.. may be able to help u down the road if need be.

he's a friend so I'm sure he would help if needed.

#2733 3 years ago

Why did he sell it on so soon? If you don’t mind me asking!?

#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Why did he sell it on so soon? If you don’t mind me asking!?

upgrading to an LE

#2735 3 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#2736 3 years ago

Has anyone sold a SE or LE because they did not like it? Just wondering.

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

game is amazing so far imo, the light show and whole experience just sucks you in and is very immersive.

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No, quite the opposite.
LE may have voted one of my other pins off the island.

#2739 3 years ago

Can’t wait for more owners to get the game. Cashing out a huge song jackpot is probably the most satisfying thing in pinball. Just got 18.5M on Estranged.

6101FC05-4ACF-4109-92C1-8FAC557A87B6 (resized).jpeg6101FC05-4ACF-4109-92C1-8FAC557A87B6 (resized).jpeg
#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I would not buy used right now with these playfield issues.

I’d buy a used LE with playfield issues right now no questions asked. Whose ready to cut their losses and get out of the horror of the playfield concerns?

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I’d buy a used LE with playfield issues right now no questions asked. Whose ready to cut their losses and get out of the horror of the playfield concerns?

Only saying this due to the warranty not transferable. But if you are down with it, go for it. Someone help this guy out!

#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can’t wait for more owners to get the game. Cashing out a huge song jackpot is probably the most satisfying thing in pinball. Just got 18.5M on Estranged.
[quoted image]

Nice!! What was the overall score?

#2743 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nice!! What was the overall score?

24M. It’s all about the massive song jackpot. If you can get 2 big ones you are set. 3 and you are on the board!

#2744 3 years ago

WTF lol. I just can’t pass up the risk/reward and mostly loose. Great score I’m still maxing out in the teens.

#2745 3 years ago

Songs:

12080BB0-6668-47F4-B3B2-6E7F22468498 (resized).jpeg12080BB0-6668-47F4-B3B2-6E7F22468498 (resized).jpeg
#2746 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

24M. It’s all about the massive song jackpot. If you can get 2 big ones you are set. 3 and you are on the board!

so do you just keep on playing it (passing up on cashing out) until the songs end and then you hit that applause jackpot to get this score?

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so do you just keep on playing it (passing up on cashing out) until the songs end and then you hit that applause jackpot to get this score?

No. I have gotten applause and encore many times, but rarely is that the massive song jackpot also. It’s all about boosting the song value by using the booster multiballs and locking balls before you start the song. I do keep playing as long as I feel it is safe. It’s very important to pay attention and shoot the scoop when the next stage of the song mode is ready. The scoop is green when this is the case. The mini LCD is your friend. I look at it all the time during songs.

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This isn't the first post I've seen like this with no public response. Either the game is good enough that it's no big deal, or the playfield issues are way blown out of proportion. Probably a little of both. Good luck finding your game, I'm (semi) patiently waiting for my day 1 order.

#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

Jesus man my best is just over 10 mil for a game let alone one song lol. The album modes need to be worth more, the only one I finished so far was Chinese democracy and it gave me a measly 500k. They also need to take "start song" out of mystery or give you the option to pass on it, nothing worse than having to play a song if your boosters or locks are lacking.

#2750 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WTF lol. I just can’t pass up the risk/reward and mostly loose. Great score I’m still maxing out in the teens.

I'm 100% the same. Can't cash out while I'm rockin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
7,800 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.