IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 567.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understand why JJP avoided adding guns to the game

While I noticed that there weren't any guns I haven't seen any discussion of this decision on the part of JJP.
Can you provide some background or what you heard on this topic?

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Do you reckon JJP avoided this version with the guns due to roses being more family friendly?
Similar with the flipper bats idea on the topper - CE?
Would be strange given the whole theme.......

Itā€™s Guns and Fucking Roses. Never was ā€œfamily friendlyā€

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wow fucking Pinside is amazing!

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

While I noticed that there weren't any guns I haven't seen any discussion of this decision on the part of JJP.
Can you provide some background or what you heard on this topic?

Totally an opinion based on the past. I know Eric mentioned wanting to put simple rum bottles on the Pirates game and got shot down. Seeing the CE sign converted to flippers vs guns I made an opinion. No worries Matt provided a great solution.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally an opinion based on the past. I know Eric mentioned wanting to put simple rum bottles on the Pirates game and got shot down. Seeing the CE sign converted to flippers vs guns I made an opinion. No worries Matt provided a great solution.

They do have the original logo in the game, at least the SE. Personally as a fan of GnR I am glad that the game looks like it does. I don't recall a gun fetish as part of the band culture and I am glad the pinball machine art didn't go that way.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

A machine game time average is your average. If players get bored of long game times means they stop playing the game. This means that a game that a factory wants operators to buy wont. Stop conflating collectors with operators.

Players also stop playing the game because they spent $2 or $1.50 for an average of 1:30 to 2:00 minute play time. Just saying.

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Players also stop playing the game because they spent $1 or $1.50 for an average of 1:30 to 2:00 minute play time. Just saying.

Is that the average price of a new game on location? I've always seen $2.00, but maybe thats just a local thing?

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Simply Wow! Huge shout out to Matt at Backalley. Ordered and arrived in 2 days and looks fricken Awesome!! Simply amazed by the fine detail granted not surprised as thats what he does. Simple install and looks completely factory. Understand why JJP avoided adding guns to the game but Really glad Matt made this happen. Well done sir!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks awesome...

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is that the average price of a new game on location? I've always seen $2.00, but maybe thats just a local thing?

Oops, yes, meant $2 or sometimes $1.50 if you buy multiple plays at once.

#2560 3 years ago

Oops, yes, meant $2 or sometimes $1.50 if you buy multiple plays at once.

Thats what I've seen...single game $2.00...2 games $3.00 .... if the game is clearly setup so difficult I'd just walk away. The problem is its difficult to see if your a newbie to pinball, which might be the operators target market?

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Understood, I thought they had an option from the mod company for the apron to have the guns + roses plaque as per Yelobirds or just roses - JJP opted for just roses. Maybe a reason.... also the flipper bats with JJP Logo on topper.
Just saying, they maybe made a decision to tone down on the overuse of guns.
Make sense?
Personally prefer the guns and roses plaque on the apron.

#2562 3 years ago

Rather impressed with all the side Album modes in this game. Whoever did the animations on these Bravo! Haven't done "shall we play a game" mode yet but that is my evening goal anyway lol.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rather impressed with all the side Album modes in this game. Whoever did the animations on these Bravo! Haven't done "shall we play a game" mode yet but that is my evening goal anyway lol.

Jean-Paul de Win has rocketed JJP animations to another galaxy. He rocked GNR animations, too.

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I donā€™t even know how to get any of those modes yet but when I get them they are really cool! Iā€™ve gotten to the ā€œala MKā€fighting mode twice, the break down the walls mode about 3 times and slash solo once. I donā€™t think I beat any of them though... oh and the cart racing one like twice!

This is loaded with a lot to do! Animations are really well done too!

I need to sit down and start learning how to actually play this game. Been so busy though so Iā€™ve just been enjoying the show as I play.

Like you Iā€™ve been trying to go for as many ball locks like Kermit24 mentioned and it definitely pays off. But yeah you end up draining more, I think, curse you risk reward! This game is not easy by any stretch. The streams that show multi balls happening are definitely misleading. I consider myself decent at controlling multi ball play but on this pin itā€™s tough! But fun as hell!

#2565 3 years ago

Didn't find anything in the JJP search. Is it possible to restart GnR after a poor ball 1? (not that I would......) But a do over mulligan by holding the start button. Is that possible or am I doing it wrong?

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Didn't find anything in the JJP search. Is it possible to restart GnR after a poor ball 1? (not that I would......) But a do over mulligan by holding the start button. Is that possible or am I doing it wrong?

hit the menu button and it drains your ball and you can restart.

Otherwise thereā€™s a setting to use the start button to restart.

I left mine off so I donā€™t use it!

#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I donā€™t even know how to get any of those modes yet but when I get them they are really cool! Iā€™ve gotten to the ā€œala MKā€fighting mode twice, the break down the walls mode about 3 times and slash solo once. I donā€™t think I beat any of them though... oh and the cart racing one like twice!
This is loaded with a lot to do! Animations are really well done too!
I need to sit down and start learning how to actually play this game. Been so busy though so Iā€™ve just been enjoying the show as I play.
Like you Iā€™ve been trying to go for as many ball locks like Kermit24 mentioned and it definitely pays off. But yeah you end up draining more, I think, curse you risk reward! This game is not easy by any stretch. The streams that show multi balls happening are definitely misleading. I consider myself decent at controlling multi ball play but on this pin itā€™s tough! But fun as hell!

You get to those modes by playing a combined 3 minutes of song from any one album. Each album has its own mode. Like tear down the wall is the mode for use your illusion 1. Three minutes of song play qualifies the mode (silver status) , 6 minutes (gold), 9 (platinum), and I think there's diamond level as well. Just higher scoring for extra levels. Hit the scoop once song is done to start the mode. HOWEVER, I wish I could choose to not start the mode, and keep building my album play time instead. @Kermit24, is this possible that you know of?

#2568 3 years ago

Loving the game but I hate tear down the wall

#2569 3 years ago

You get to those modes by playing a combined 3 minutes of song from any one album. Each album has its own mode. Like tear down the wall is the mode for use your illusion 1. Three minutes of song play qualifies the mode (silver status) , 6 minutes (gold), 9 (platinum), and I think there's diamond level as well. Just higher scoring for extra levels. Hit the scoop once song is done to start the mode. HOWEVER, I wish I could choose to not start the mode, and keep building my album play time instead. Kermit24, is this possible that you know of?

Thanks!

Took a screenshot of this.

#2570 3 years ago

Thanks!
Took a screenshot of this.

If you have time to look up while in song mode, look at the bottom left of the main display. You'll see a record slowly turning silver in a clockwise direction. Once the album is silver, album mode is qualified. If you're still playing song mode, the album will start to fill in gold, and so on.... I've never gotten to platinum.

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No idea how I got it but played "Shall we play a game" last night, I thought my entire game was crashing. Insanely cool mode.

#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

No idea how I got it but played "Shall we play a game" last night, I thought my entire game was crashing. Insanely cool mode.

That mode is qualified by playing 3 minutes of songs from the Chinese democracy album.
Thirst for carnage is the Appetite mode, and Desert demolition is for use your illusion 2

#2573 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the average wait time would be if you ordered an LE straight from JJP?

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rum bottles and the you know Disney mindset now days

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Does anyone know what the average wait time would be if you ordered an LE straight from JJP?

No one has any idea. Sometime in 2021 for sure.

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think they are blowing smoke.
I saw early wear on both the translucent rings and on the flipper rubber. It's not like those two things are made the same or from similar batches.

Which rubbers are you going to use on your GNR?

#2577 3 years ago

Anyone else have a magnet that doesnt seem to be working? Used to see it several times a game, now havent seen it in days.

#2578 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Anyone else have a magnet that doesnt seem to be working? Used to see it several times a game, now havent seen it in days.

Did you check the wiring underneath?

Or look for a test mode in diagnostics?

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Optimal is 1:30 to 2:00 on average. I have given feedback suggesting an operator default. While I can remove posts and increase the pitch if I cannot get the game times lower

Must be the best way ever to deter people from getting into pinball.
Who would want to pay forty dollar an hour for simple amusements.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Nice!

Just made it to that mode tonight on my 3rd game! Had a long lasting multi ball on whatever song I was playing (donā€™t remember) then the scoop was lit up all red after. Shot the scoop and it started ā€œShall we play a gameā€ mode. Very, very cool mode! Even more cool I defeated the mode!!!

83F06AF0-AB69-47FC-999A-628BC948A411 (resized).jpeg83F06AF0-AB69-47FC-999A-628BC948A411 (resized).jpeg
#2581 3 years ago

I must be missing something. I can not figure out how to link my BT headphones to GnR. Bluetooth is enabled and headphones are set in discovery mode.

#2582 3 years ago

An operator cares about one thing, and that's how many dollar bills are in the stacker. If it's light, they might think about some of those other things. I can tell you with certainty that there are a ton of bills in the stacker, and a ton of quarters in the box.

As of now, this is the game to operate.

Quoted from Blindseer:

A machine game time average is your average. If players get bored of long game times means they stop playing the game. This means that a game that a factory wants operators to buy wont. Stop conflating collectors with operators.

#2583 3 years ago

My record assembly came loose again.

Attaching the exploded view from the manual.

I canā€™t seem to tighten #4 to the disk #11.

I put pressure on the spinner and tighten #15 with my 1/4 nut driver but it doesnā€™t seem to tighten up. So Iā€™m guessing itā€™s stripped or maybe I just need to lift the decal up and put a screw driver on #16 while tighten #15?

But then, if I lift the decal, will my decal on the disk be ruined?

EE2A1710-0C15-4499-8F57-DA1C61A70973 (resized).jpegEE2A1710-0C15-4499-8F57-DA1C61A70973 (resized).jpeg
#2584 3 years ago

Nice!
Just made it to that mode tonight on my 3rd game! Had a long lasting multi ball on whatever song I was playing (donā€™t remember) then the scoop was lit up all red after. Shot the scoop and it started ā€œShall we play a gameā€ mode. Very, very cool mode! Even more cool I defeated the mode!!! [quoted image]

it says it on your high score - the song was "Better"

#2585 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

it says it on your high score - the song was "Better"

Oh yeah

#2586 3 years ago

My record assembly came loose again.
Attaching the exploded view from the manual.
I canā€™t seem to tighten #4 to the disk #11.
I put pressure on the spinner and tighten #15 with my 1/4 nut driver but it doesnā€™t seem to tighten up. So Iā€™m guessing itā€™s stripped or maybe I just need to lift the decal up and put a screw driver on #16 while tighten #15?
But then, if I lift the decal, will my decal on the disk be ruined?[quoted image]

Are you using locktite?

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Are you using locktite?

yep

#2588 3 years ago

Contact JJP they will probably just send you a new record

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Simply Wow! Huge shout out to Matt at Backalley. Ordered and arrived in 2 days and looks fricken Awesome!! Simply amazed by the fine detail granted not surprised as thats what he does. Simple install and looks completely factory. Understand why JJP avoided adding guns to the game but Really glad Matt made this happen. Well done sir!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice but i don't like how the guns are on an angle (and an angle that appears to be diff for each on on each side). Wonder why they didn't just have the guns pointing left and right and in the middle (level).

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Jean-Paul de Win has rocketed JJP animations to another galaxy. He rocked GNR animations, too.

animations are through the roof on this game. Best yet in any JJP if you ask me.

.....and yes - shall we play a game is such a SICK mode. From my limited time on it on route, I had no idea what I did to qualify but the opening is so great. Everything actually is great about it.

#2591 3 years ago

Btw does slash yell jackpot! like he did on the data east version? Great call out from that game.

#2592 3 years ago

I meant to post something sooner on the history of my lock down bar piece which will hopefully answer some of the questions I have read. I originally sculpted the design with the roses and guns for JJP back over a year ago.When we were designing the toys for the game the decision was made to change the sculpt to just the roses.

As to Lior sculpt and mine looking similar, I agree with him, it's called guns and roses. Both of ours have those elements to it. Both of ours are hand sculpted and hand cast, no 3D printing, both high quality pieces. And like he said "people have options now".

As to will I release or did I make another skull for the shooter housing. I do have other mods for the shooter housing but I will not recreate my own skull with roses for this game. Long and short, yes I have a skull, no it will not have roses on it. The only skull with roses I will "ever" make are the CE skulls.

I do have several other mods for this game that we are working on between mass production and hope to have them out soon. Thank u everyone for the support and hopefully this clear some things up.

#2593 3 years ago

Any owners here have GnR DE too? Crazy but I played it recently and I just love the art on it. It's def more old school attitude GnR. Thinking about getting both..... Might be overkill but they are my favorite band.

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I meant to post something sooner on the history of my lock down bar piece which will hopefully answer some of the questions I have read. I originally sculpted the design with the roses and guns for JJP back over a year ago.When we were designing the toys for the game the decision was made to change the sculpt to just the roses.
As to Lior sculpt and mine looking similar, I agree with him, it's called guns and roses. Both of ours have those elements to it. Both of ours are hand sculpted and hand cast, no 3D printing, both high quality pieces. And like he said "people have options now".
As to will I release or did I make another skull for the shooter housing. I do have other mods for the shooter housing but I will not recreate my own skull with roses for this game. Long and short, yes I have a skull, no it will not have roses on it. The only skull with roses I will "ever" make are the CE skulls.
I do have several other mods for this game that we are working on between mass production and hope to have them out soon. Thank u everyone for the support and hopefully this clear some things up.

Your stuff is awesome man PLEASE tell me you are working on some SE mods for the stage and center scoop area!

#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Story 1 includes The Walt Disney Company...
Story 2 includes Slash

Think there might be some differences in the views of who vetos such things?

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That's your California living tax

$1 is still common around here on east coast.

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It's the best..

Have they finished all the album modes yet? 1.07 still had an empty one didn't it?

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's your California living tax
$1 is still common around here on east coast.

Correction, Nor Cal living tax :LOL: best place for location in so cal is $.50 to $1. Shout out to AYCE GOGI.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which rubbers are you going to use on your GNR?

What do you care?

I have trays of the stuff.

#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correction, Nor Cal living tax :LOL: best place for location in so cal is $.50 to $1. Shout out to AYCE GOGI.

We have a similar donor here... All games $0.50, even the newest games... Mom's Organic Market

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.