IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 510 of 567.
#25451 11 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Mine ain't leaving either. Also big fan of the band and having mine signed by Slash and co does not hurt. Have only the Litho from the concert where they signed it at their hotel in Groningen last year and that litho is even a little pinball themed which for me was great.[quoted image]

I have that lithograph too
Being in Australia no signatures though, access to the members of the band wasnā€™t east. Axl was surrounded by lots of bodyguards everywhere he went

#25452 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have that lithograph too
Being in Australia no signatures though, access to the members of the band wasnā€™t east. Axl was surrounded by lots of bodyguards everywhere he went

mmm, Wondering how you got it. I have bought 6 of those because Nathan in Australia asked me if i was willing to buy 2 for him. The other 2 went to Norway for someone else who asked for them as well. Kinda wondering if you got yours via Nathan.
I got real lucky that the Game designer arranged with Slash to sign my upper mini playfield and i stuck my apron with it in the box as well and asked really nicely if he could sign that as well. He got Axl and Duff to sign as a bonus. Gotta love that

#25453 11 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I just had my best booster multiball 4-stack ever with many locks, jackpots, supers, galore and lasted what felt like 10 minutes. I canā€™t believe how long I kept it going, since I usually suck. When it ended I wanted to go straight to the song, looked and was Civil War, my experience told me it was a bad choice. So I changed it by hitting a target, but bounced right off and out. No problem, I thought, I still had one ball left, which I sank right into the scoop after launching.
But thats when I realized I had made a huge mistake. I had forgotten to disable album mode which I did prior so much earlier. Now instead of seeing some
monumental song level I had in my head, I saw the Thirst for Carnage mode. My head was knocked out of the game. I drained trying to get the first shot under the flipper.
That was so disappointing. I need to stop playing this game, but I canā€™t help it.
Low on the code polish list for me would be to just ask me mode or not when I land in the scoop. Make it just like cashing out a song jackpot with double buttons or action button to control it.

I like this hit the scoop and choose your mode idea. A lot of games let you choose.

You could pick song if you need it or the album mode if you need it. Love this idea!

#25454 11 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

mmm, Wondering how you got it. I have bought 6 of those because Nathan in Australia asked me if i was willing to buy 2 for him. The other 2 went to Norway for someone else who asked for them as well. Kinda wondering if you got yours via Nathan.
I got real lucky that the Game designer arranged with Slash to sign my upper mini playfield and i stuck my apron with it in the box as well and asked really nicely if he could sign that as well. He got Axl and Duff to sign as a bonus. Gotta love that

I certainly did get mine through Nathan, he's helped me with a bunch of lithographs

#25455 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I certainly did get mine through Nathan, he's helped me with a bunch of lithographs

Then its one of those i got for him at the same concert where Slash, Duff and Axl signed my pinball machine. Its a small world.

Give hime my regards. I was happy to help him with those. Unfortunately this tour i can't make it otherwise i would have done it again for him.

#25456 11 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I just had my best booster multiball 4-stack ever with many locks, jackpots, supers, galore and lasted what felt like 10 minutes. I canā€™t believe how long I kept it going, since I usually suck. When it ended I wanted to go straight to the song, looked and was Civil War, my experience told me it was a bad choice. So I changed it by hitting a target, but bounced right off and out. No problem, I thought, I still had one ball left, which I sank right into the scoop after launching.
But thats when I realized I had made a huge mistake. I had forgotten to disable album mode which I did prior so much earlier. Now instead of seeing some
monumental song level I had in my head, I saw the Thirst for Carnage mode. My head was knocked out of the game. I drained trying to get the first shot under the flipper.
That was so disappointing. I need to stop playing this game, but I canā€™t help it.
Low on the code polish list for me would be to just ask me mode or not when I land in the scoop. Make it just like cashing out a song jackpot with double buttons or action button to control it.

Sounds like you're enjoying the game more these days but you've been trying to trade it since September?

#25457 11 months ago

Ok got my first switch error tonight. Tells me Check Matrix switch #35 Lookup Enter (Stuck Open) Does anyone know where this actual switch is?
In the matrix tells me its the lockup enter?

#25458 11 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Ok got my first switch error tonight. Tells me Check Matrix switch #35 Lookup Enter (Stuck Open) Does anyone know where this actual switch is?

Upper left area.

Go into Tests - Switches - Single Switch - scroll way down past the "D" ( dedicated ) switches to the matrixed switches down to #35, it will appear as a little lighted box upper left area of the playfield.

You can test in Tests - Switches - Matrixed, see if it works. May not have been hit recently, or might need adjusting.

LTG : )

#25459 11 months ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

OK fixed it. Searched the forums and saw where it was. Just needed to wiggle it a bit and all good

#25460 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sounds like you're enjoying the game more these days but you've been trying to trade it since September?

Oh is that still posted? I need to look and remove it as I'm keeping it. But to say the market for a GnR JJP is soft is the understatement of the year so thankfully I took the time to dial it in and enjoy it much more now.

Edit - Amazing what a difference getting on the beta code, tuning the coil settings, and adjusting the flipper bats made. It is currently my favorite game in my lineup now but I will tire of just chasing jackpots so we need that code polish to really make this machine great. I am hopefull it is still coming.

#25461 11 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Oh is that still posted? I need to look and remove it as I'm keeping it.

matrix-blue-pill.gifmatrix-blue-pill.gif

#25462 11 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It is currently my favorite game in my lineup now but I will tire of just chasing jackpots

I chase moments, and this pin delivers them in spades. The risk reward is great and the ways to play are varied and many. I get into ruts out of habit and force myself out and just get deeper in other aspects of strategy you see what happens and make new game connections still.
Once you really get to know the subtleties of the playfields, shots and can process all of what's going on and what's the best opportunities, it really opens up in so many more ways. And that's not even mentioning ALL the 21? song moments, concert shows, and objectives with the applause jackpot being so satisfying, especially with encore. It's a packed high adrenaline game! I remember I was literally sweating and tired after playing it when I first got it and had to rest. Now I've built up some endurance and can utilize moments in the game to rest briefly, like mystery award, but I still have to take a breather after great games.
I've got plenty of sessions when my butt was just kicked over and over and I walked away muttering to myself as duff says something perfectly snarky. To which I respond, "Alexa, turn off GNR pinball."

#25463 11 months ago

I heard JJP doesnā€™t charge to ship their invisiglass, can anyone here confirm if thatā€™s true?

#25464 11 months ago

Does this game need a battery? If so, where is it?
I turned on my game to find this message. Plugged in a keyboard and pressed F1. Game then loaded
Turned off the machine then back on and got the same message

BFD09B9A-EF03-45D3-A75C-9F8EEE37DDEA (resized).jpegBFD09B9A-EF03-45D3-A75C-9F8EEE37DDEA (resized).jpeg
#25465 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does this game need a battery? If so, where is it?
I turned on my game to find this message. Plugged in a keyboard and pressed F1. Game then loaded
Turned off the machine then back on and got the same message
[quoted image]

Yes. Change battery instructions plus the one bios setting you'll need to change found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/44#post-5944281

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Plug in a USB keyboard and go in - the only thing really important in most cases is the "power on after power fail" that needs to be set to yes or enabled or whatever. Because the thing never shuts down formally, it has to tell itself to start when it is powered up.

#25466 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes. Change battery instructions plus the one bios setting you'll need to change found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/44#post-5944281

Thanks mate for the fast reply, where is it? Inside the casing in the top half of the backbox?

#25467 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Someone asked all the right questions

#25468 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks mate for the fast reply, where is it? Inside the casing in the top half of the backbox?

Did you scroll down a bit and see the diagram .

#25469 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It is in the top right of the back box. In fairness those instructions posted at the link are not correct for GNR, but the picture is still helpful. And then the bios setting you're going to have to change.
If you know what a motherboard looks like.
Screenshot_20230512-070151 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230512-070151 (resized).png

Plug in a USB keyboard and go in - the only thing really important in most cases is the "power on after power fail" that needs to be set to yes or enabled or whatever. Because the thing never shuts down formally, it has to tell itself to start when it is powered up.

#25470 11 months ago

I did scroll down and the instructions said lift the playfieldā€¦.
Makes sense itā€™s in the backbox
In terms of powering on, do I plug in the keyboard and press F1 then install the battery?

#25471 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

In terms of powering on, do I plug in the keyboard and press F1 then install the battery?

Could the information you need be in the manual on your Wonka?

#25472 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Could the information you need be in the manual on your Wonka?

I donā€™t think Wonka has a manual lol
Iā€™ve ordered the batteries from Amazon so should be able to figure this out

#25473 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I donā€™t think Wonka has a manual lol
Iā€™ve ordered the batteries from Amazon so should be able to figure this out

I meant the digital one in the menu but you probably knew that .

#25474 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You can install it while it's just sitting at the F1 menu. The key is just to have the game powered on while you swap batteries. Then once you're done with that you can use the keyboard to press f2 and configure that bios setting.

Sounds like your battery's already dead because the bios setting that allow your game to boot after power fail already appears to be lost. So the comment about replacing the battery while your machine is powered on to prevent that may not be relevant. BUT I would still swap batteries with the game on anyway.

Once you're done with that swap, using the keyboard while it's sitting at that menu you showed, you're going to hit f2 and go in and change that bios setting so it will boot after power fail, save those settings, and you should be done and no more F1 to boot.

#25475 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sounds like your battery's already dead

It would be nice if they gave you a low battery warning .
A sign if you got an early one , it's time to change your battery .

IMG_20230512_231704 (resized).jpgIMG_20230512_231704 (resized).jpg
#25476 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

I don't think that functionality is built into those mobo.
And the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
From what I read, these batteries should just be replaced after 3 years (But honestly I've had desktop computers that I've had close to 10 years in the past and never changed the motherboard battery ever) so if you think that it's too much work to plug in a keyboard, swap the battery, and change a BIOS setting which is the minor consequence of you wait for them to fail. Which is what I'll do... I kind of want to know how long mine will last And I have a USB keyboard already.
The batteries are incredibly cheap and easy to swap if you just want to put a 3 year Google calendar entry in your phone or something and proactively put in a fresh one. Maybe I'll do this as a result of this thread, but not likely honestly. I think this may be the first post about a dead battery. We'll probably see more as we're starting to hit the three-year mark.
If you're a multimeter nerd, the following option was given Which would be the closest thing to your low battery meter.... But like I said this is just more academic, if you're going to the trouble to test a $1 battery, It makes sense to me to just swap it with a nice quality Duracell or something like that, just remembered do it with the game on or you'll have to hook up a keyboard.
And mark on your calendar to remind you to come back and do it again 3 years later.

You could read it with a meter first to see. Red lead in vdc, black lead in common. Red lead on top of battery (leave it in the holder), black lead on ground. When new they are 3.2 - 3.3, if it falls below 2.9 I'd swap it.

#25477 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't think that functionality is built into those mobo.
And the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
From what I read, these batteries should just be replaced after 3 years (But honestly I've had desktop computers that I've had close to 10 years in the past and never changed the motherboard battery ever) so if you think that it's too much work to plug in a keyboard, swap the battery, and change a BIOS setting which is the minor consequence of you wait for them to fail. Which is what I'll do... I kind of want to know how long mine will last.

You are correct. Rarely are the button cell batts monitored.

As for replacement times, it really depends on how long the device is turned OFF.

They are used to maintain settings when the device is in an off state.

For those of us who leave our computers on on the time, it is why we get a much longer life from them.

Ran a XP desktop for 13 years without ever changing the batt.

#25478 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

so if you think that it's too much work to plug in a keyboard, swap the battery, and change a BIOS setting which is the minor consequence of you wait for them to fail. Which is what I'll do... I kind of want to know how long mine will last And I have a USB keyboard already.
The batteries are incredibly cheap and easy to swap if you just want to put a 3 year Google calendar entry in your phone or something and proactively put in a fresh one. Maybe I'll do this as a result of this thread, but not likely honestly. I think this may be the first post about a dead battery. We'll probably see more as we're starting to hit the three-year mark.
If you're a multimeter nerd, the following option was given Which would be the closest thing to your low battery meter.... But like I said this is just more academic, if you're going to the trouble to test a $1 battery, It makes sense to me to just swap it with a nice quality Duracell or something like that, just remembered do it with the game on or you'll have to hook up a keyboard.
And mark on your calendar to remind you to come back and do it again 3 years later.

I don't recall saying anything was too much hard work
You might have USB keyboards lying around and know how to use them and sure you could put date on a calendar or use a multimeter to check the battery or whatever else , or do battery roulette and end up like allsportdvd , asking questions how do you fix this .
But it would be alot simpler , if it just said low battery when you turn the game on , even a toothbrush can do that .

#25479 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't recall saying anything was too much hard work

Yeah, was a bit of bad choice of grammar and words trying to convey what I meant, in the third person, which I caused. I have a habit of saying you when I actually mean and referring to anyone, not second person. Fair point. I didn't mean you specifically in that statement. I changed to third person. I should just keep things first person to avoid confusion... Or at least avoid using the third person "you" randomly switching from second person.
I'll continue to work on this, thanks for pointing it out. How it reads is not what I meant to say. Apologies.

#25480 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yeah, was a bit of bad choice of grammar and words trying to convey what I meant, in the third person, which I caused. I have a habit of saying you when I actually mean and referring to anyone, not second person. Fair point. I didn't mean you specifically in that statement. I changed to third person. I should just keep things first person to avoid confusion... Or at least avoid using the third person "you" randomly switching from second person.
I'll continue to work on this, thanks for pointing it out. How it reads is not what I meant to say. Apologies.

All good , no worries .

#25481 11 months ago

Can anyone who is using the pinwoofer kit with a sub recommend equaliser settings please? After the beta that reset things my machine went from sounding amazing to sounding terrible

This is what I am currently using but itā€™s awful. I didnā€™t change my amp settings but I guess worth including as well. Maybe something got bumped?

I tried turning the sub off and was able to confirm itā€™s not the issue.

IMG_1565 (resized).jpegIMG_1565 (resized).jpegIMG_1729 (resized).jpegIMG_1729 (resized).jpeg
#25482 11 months ago

Pin woofer site has recommended settings

#25483 11 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Pin woofer site has recommended settings

But they don't relate to the beta update .
I guess you just have to fiddle with the settings to get it just right , hopefully someone has figured it out .

#25484 11 months ago

Attn.Keefer and Eric!!
If your working on code tweaks and changes drop us a hint

Nevermind you already did

#25485 11 months ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Can anyone who is using the pinwoofer kit with a sub recommend equaliser settings please? After the beta that reset things my machine went from sounding amazing to sounding terrible
This is what I am currently using but itā€™s awful. I didnā€™t change my amp settings but I guess worth including as well. Maybe something got bumped?
I tried turning the sub off and was able to confirm itā€™s not the issue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Something happened in the latest beta...you need to set the levels to default again and redo the equalizer...things in the settings got changed behind the scenes even though the settings on the panel are the same. This fixed it for me

#25486 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You can install it while it's just sitting at the F1 menu. The key is just to have the game powered on while you swap batteries. Then once you're done with that you can use the keyboard to press f2 and configure that bios setting.

Sounds like your battery's already dead because the bios setting that allow your game to boot after power fail already appears to be lost. So the comment about replacing the battery while your machine is powered on to prevent that may not be relevant. BUT I would still swap batteries with the game on anyway.

Once you're done with that swap, using the keyboard while it's sitting at that menu you showed, you're going to hit f2 and go in and change that bios setting so it will boot after power fail, save those settings, and you should be done and no more F1 to boot.

I just installed a new battery and pressed F2
Immediately asked for a password???? I donā€™t have a password

#25487 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I donā€™t have a password

Check post 14624

#25488 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

pinside just sent me a reminder to change my battery, so might take them up on their suggestion.

#25489 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

you need to set the levels to default again and redo the equalizer

Thanks mate - when you say ā€œset the levels to default againā€ do you mean on the pinwoofer amp? Or in software?

#25490 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check post 14624

3B68ABC1-745C-4BF6-8439-BF60D6AF7D07 (resized).png3B68ABC1-745C-4BF6-8439-BF60D6AF7D07 (resized).png
#25491 11 months ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Thanks mate - when you say ā€œset the levels to default againā€ do you mean on the pinwoofer amp? Or in software?

I'm assuming it's the game levels , but then do you have to turn the game off and on again , to reset it .

#25492 11 months ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Software, and I did do a restart before setting my custom equalizer settings again

#25493 11 months ago

How often should the battery be replaced? Shouldnā€™t those lithiums last 10 years?

#25494 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How often should the battery be replaced? Shouldnā€™t those lithiums last 10 years?

Depends on the on to off ratio of the machine. If it's rarely on, maybe half that. Quality of the battery matters, too.

#25495 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on the on to off ratio of the machine. If it's rarely on, maybe half that. Quality of the battery matters, too.

So for a HUO machine that's only on when in use (in my case, say just a few hours a week), does that extremely reduce the battery time? I've got it on my radar/calendar to replace every three years based on the info in this thread.

#25496 11 months ago

These batteries are less than 1 dollar, 2 dollars if you get Duracell... Just swap it every 3 years for good measure.

8 pack 16 bucks... 24 year supply
Duracell CR2032 3V Lithium Battery, Child Safety Features, 8 Count Pack, Lithium Coin Battery for Key Fob, Car Remote, Glucose Monitor, CR Lithium 3 Volt Cell (Old Packaging) https://a.co/d/eYgJlhl

2 pack 6 bucks.. 6 year supply
Duracell DL2032B2 | Lithium 3V CR2032 Battery (2 Pack) https://a.co/d/c1l8o3l

#25497 11 months ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

So for a HUO machine that's only on when in use (in my case, say just a few hours a week), does that extremely reduce the battery time? I've got it on my radar/calendar to replace every three years based on the info in this thread.

That should be fine. I'm basically talking about machines that stay dark for a month or more at a time.

#25498 11 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Thanks you for posting this. Such good info. Where would we all be without Pinside giving us all connections with great Pinsiders!

#25499 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks you for posting this. Such good info. Where would we all be without Pinside giving us all connections with great Pinsiders!

I printed it and put paper in my game for safe measure!

#25500 11 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I printed it and put paper in my game for safe measure!

Pro tip!
Hopefully the post from pinmonk is a key post too
Post 14623

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 510 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/510?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.