IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 569.
#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

CE’s out in the wild yet? Mine is coming direct from Jersey Jack, but haven’t heard anything since they took my deposit.

No way. From what I’m told, CE’s will not be built til December.

#2452 3 years ago

2021 is when CEs ship from what I hear.

#2453 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

LTG can you guys put in a way to cancel a song start in case you want to increase song level?

Maybe reach out to pinball_keefer ?

LTG : )

#2454 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Game kept resetting so we couldn’t use it. Haha

First I’ve heard of this. Was there a common denominator when it happened?

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Camera disabling causes it - bug

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

No. We didn’t disable the camera though. Possibly it was that.

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Still waiting for my game. Do those with the game find the mystery animation too long?

Hitting both flippers will cancel at least half of the animation

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It has a real knocker coil like the other 5 JJP tables.

Thanks. Wasn't sure since this one is gonna be my first JJP. What an entry it is gonna be. Hope to get mine before christmas so the family will be in awe when we celebrate here.

#2459 3 years ago

Bought this game and waiting for it. Juts went through the whole guns album collection which I haven’t done in years. They are fucking awesome, can’t wait to get this thing in my house.

#2460 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My Album spinner assembly finally fell apart today after 200 plays.

Yelobird Thanks for the posting the JJP fix info on this! Pulled up your post and all good now.
B81B93D2-6B8C-412B-8933-42DAB13FFED1 (resized).jpegB81B93D2-6B8C-412B-8933-42DAB13FFED1 (resized).jpeg

#2461 3 years ago

For the first time Im seeing...Here are a few more shots of the CE that aren’t just the actual promo trailer

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

For the first time Im seeing...Here are a few more shots of the CE that aren’t just the actual promo trailer

It is an amazing Promo in my POV. Thanks for posting this.

I Just saw that it is not JJP #001 ... indeed a very beautiful machine, I’ll take it!
A5C22625-45E3-4834-913D-CF8879882389 (resized).jpegA5C22625-45E3-4834-913D-CF8879882389 (resized).jpeg

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is an amazing Promo in my POV. Thanks for posting this.
I Just saw that it is not JJP #001 ... indeed a very beautiful machine, I’ll take it!
[quoted image]

Thanks for putting a link here for this video. It was region locked when i wanted to see it so i could not.
if you look closely when pausing during gameplay you will see that the playfield also is not an CE playfield as the Apetite for Destruction art is not on there. It is an LE playfield in an CE cabinet. During some interview Eric said that this was his development game that was shipped from his house to the studio for the recording for this advertising video.

#2464 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Absolutely. If you just collect the band members and start a song right away your song level (value) will probably be like 20, which is really low. That starting value will be almost impossible to have a huge song jackpot.

You sir are the Man! I stayed focused on collecting members then loading up 6 balls in lock before starting a song and my scores took off! Granted this technique (for me) is frustrating as its a bit of a risk/reward gamble and often I would stay the coarse trying to lock just One more ball and drain lol. Thanks for the advice!

Now with that said I have to ask (as an acknowledged crappy player) is it just me or is hitting that virtually 5" wide left ramp (JK) almost impossible? Why am I having such a hard time on that one. They couldn't have made that ramp Any dam wider!!! Since I'm complaining....... Is it me or do the left and right outlanes on this game have some type of Vacuum or vortex that Pulls the balls away?????? lol. Loving this game. I Sincerely hope these start rolling out to the masses for all to enjoy over the holiday. Truly is an amazing and addictive game.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If you controlled mystery award, would it still be a mystery?

I am an operator I prefer games not to last 5+ minutes on average and the game gives out ball saver awards like candy

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think he is saying he doesn't want "start song" as a mystery award.

No I am saying that like in deadpool where you can cancel a battle to build your team ups i'd like a way to cancel a song start to build song values.

#2467 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What are you seeing for average ball time at your location?

The game has been in operation for 4 days

5 minutes 22 seconds on average plus with 212 plays the rubbers are already breaking. This is terrible quality We noticed that the flipper rubbers are wico did someone raid a 20 year old warehouse?
IMG_3144 (resized).JPGIMG_3144 (resized).JPGIMG_3145 (resized).JPGIMG_3145 (resized).JPGIMG_3146 (resized).JPGIMG_3146 (resized).JPG

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

5 minutes 22 seconds on average plus with 212 plays the rubbers are already breaking. This is terrible quality We noticed that the flipper rubbers are wico did someone raid a 20 year old warehouse?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like normal wear for soft red rubber

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That looks like normal wear for soft red rubber

We get 3000 - 5000 plays on red rubbers. We had received a bad batch from Marco Specialties recently which we are using on our original black knight. Not sure if these rubbers came from that; also those clear slings are already tearing.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

We get 3000 - 5000 plays on red rubbers. We had received a bad batch from Marco Specialties recently on our black knight. Not sure if these rubbers came from that; also those clear slings are already tearing.

wow, that's pretty good mileage...my Jurassic Park Stern reds and the replacements i got from PB life and Marco all lasted about 100 games before coming apart, I just switched to black rubbers and called it a day, On GnR I'll probably use red Titans though

Although the flippers on JP are slung low and I only got the wear at the tips like you're showing...Not sure, maybe GnR is the same thing with lower bats causing wear on the tips?

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

wow, that's pretty good mileage...my Jurassic Park Stern reds and the replacements i got from PB life and Marco all lasted about 100 games before coming apart, I just switched to black rubbers and called it a day, On GnR I'll probably use red Titans though

You'll probably want to replace the slings as well or maybe replace all the rubbers and not worry about them for a while

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I suggest stepping up the size a 1/4” to a 1/2” for the sling when replacing. It will help the silicone last longer. And stay on rotating them as well so you won’t have to replace them right away.

#2473 3 years ago

I'd like to get mirror blades for my incoming GNR. Who sells them?

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Wow , it incorporates speakers , what will they think of next

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Man , those rubbers are rubbish .
It's like Rolls-Royce putting the cheapest tyres they can find on their cars .

IMG_20201109_235140 (resized).jpgIMG_20201109_235140 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2476 3 years ago

Silicone wears quick on high impact areas. I would put a super band ring on that post. Beware though. Once it’s on its not coming off unless you cut it off.

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I'd like to get mirror blades for my incoming GNR. Who sells them?

Cointaker

#2478 3 years ago

All of the silicone rubber rings are garbage. I’ll try a Titan set and see what happens. Anyone have a size / quantity list?

For flipper rubber I switched to Superbands after the first week. No wear and they don’t get as dirty. I play a lot! Not super happy with the dead bounces on Superbands in this game for some reason. It’s almost like it “deadens” the ball too much and it does not hop over to the other flipper like you expect. Other games aren’t as bad. May try Titan again.

#2479 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All of the silicone rubber rings are garbage. I’ll try a Titan set and see what happens. Anyone have a size / quantity list?

They should be fine everywhere but slings and any posts that get hammered. For the slings get a few different sizes. Bigger the better. If you have to stretch them a lot to fit, they are gonna break in no time.

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They should be fine everywhere but slings and any posts that get hammered. For the slings get a few different sizes. Bigger the better. If you have to stretch them a lot to fit, they are gonna break in no time.

There are others that I had to rotate or they would be broken by now.

#2481 3 years ago

I've already had to replace my slings as well at about 150 games. I used the 2 replacements that were included in the goodie bag. When they wear out, I'll swap over to Titans. I keep tons of Titan on hand. Flippers were changed to Titan within the first week.

#2482 3 years ago

JJP should include a complete set of spare rubbers (at least high impact areas and slings) to their GNR goodie bag. Rubbers gong to rub and a spare set to replace existing ones when they’re gone is a win for everybody. It would be the first useful thing I’ve pulled from a goodie bag, other than an occasional game manual.

#2483 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are others that I had to rotate or they would be broken by now.

Are the JJP rings Titan?

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the JJP rings Titan?

Unfortunatly for everyone, JJP likes to mix and match rings from different manufacturers. They buy from us here at Titan, pinball life and suzo-happ. They don't like silicone flipper so those would be the suzo rubber. The clear rings could be a mix of ours and PBL. Our rings say "TITAN" on them. I believe pinball life's say "PL" on them.

#2485 3 years ago

If anyone gets their mirror blades on, I'd like a video of the game play. We'll need to decide between black and regular mirrors for this one.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the JJP rings Titan?

The bad ones seem to be consistently Pinball Life.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now with that said I have to ask (as an acknowledged crappy player) is it just me or is hitting that virtually 5" wide left ramp (JK) almost impossible? Why am I having such a hard time on that one

Back hand it... shooting from the right can lead to risky ricochets. Backhand is quiet safe and reliable.. so try to get back to left flipper.

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

100 games? That's terrible. On location that wouldn't last one day. No, that is not 'normal for red rubber'. A game at an extended hours weekend show can get over 1000 plays. Tournament games over a several day event will get 600+. You don't see people changing all the rubber 5 times mid-tournament on game

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Back hand it... shooting from the right can lead to risky ricochets. Backhand is quiet safe and reliable.. so try to get back to left flipper.

Good luck getting it to the upper playfield on stock flipper settings though. Haha

#2490 3 years ago

Stock flipper rubber is certainly crapola.
Since we are on the subject, curious if folks are considering changing ring colors on your game? Thinking I’ll stick to translucent based on the light shows but open to ideas.

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good luck getting it to the upper playfield on stock flipper settings though. Haha

We didn't have a problem, but I admit we didn't settle on the backhand as the safer shot until after we moved the flipper settings up one notch.

I also think the clarity and ball path/stuff under the ramp makes the ramp harder to see/discern in your peripheral vision so it impacts your aiming. The ramp entrance seems to 'disappear' from my observations. Not sure exactly what is different to pin it on.. but it's hard to see!

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Man , those rubbers are rubbish .
It's like Rolls-Royce putting the cheapest tyres they can find on their cars .
[quoted image]

Paint coming up or reflection?

#2493 3 years ago

Very interesting. Many of us wondered why such premium games could not come with better rubber. Or at least upsell something to us. Watching how the flipper rubber flops all over in the slow motion video had me confused; why they would want that kind of response. Are they maybe just trying to save a few bucks? Or do they actually like the rubber and or silicone response?

Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Unfortunatly for everyone, JJP likes to mix and match rings from different manufacturers. They buy from us here at Titan, pinball life and suzo-happ. They don't like silicone flipper so those would be the suzo rubber. The clear rings could be a mix of ours and PBL. Our rings say "TITAN" on them. I believe pinball life's say "PL" on them.

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We didn't have a problem, but I admit we didn't settle on the backhand as the safer shot until after we moved the flipper settings up one notch.
I also think the clarity and ball path/stuff under the ramp makes the ramp harder to see/discern in your peripheral vision so it impacts your aiming. The ramp entrance seems to 'disappear' from my observations. Not sure exactly what is different to pin it on.. but it's hard to see!

Will give that a try thanks. Can’t say I’ve had any luck back handing that that shot unless simply to loop the ramp vs going for the lock but I will try dialing up the power. Thanks.

#2495 3 years ago

I will say that after owning all the JJP LE games I can safely say their flipper rubber is crap....I've come to the realization that u have to change them out day 1

#2496 3 years ago

man I can't wait for an epic stage mod for the SE. The possibilities are really endless there.

Also, is there any way to confirm that the hot rails on the SE are being gimped by hardware vs. code? Lastly, does the lighted guitar have RGB/animated lightning possibilities to be enhanced via code?

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

man I can't wait for an epic stage mod for the SE. The possibilities are really endless there.
Also, is there any way to confirm that the hot rails on the SE are being gimped by hardware vs. code? Lastly, does the lighted guitar have RGB/animated lightning possibilities to be enhanced via code?

Not code ..the rails are just white lights.

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I suggest stepping up the size a 1/4” to a 1/2” for the sling when replacing. It will help the silicone last longer. And stay on rotating them as well so you won’t have to replace them right away.

They shouldn’t wear that quickly regardless. I have games that have 1000s of play with silicone that don’t show that kind of wear. To expect an operator to check a game every few days for rubber wear is unrealistic. What if this game is on a location? If the SE is supposed to be more operator focused this isn’t a step in the right direction

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

They shouldn’t wear that quickly regardless.

I agree. Just trying to help.

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Silicone wears quick on high impact areas. I would put a super band ring on that post. Beware though. Once it’s on its not coming off unless you cut it off.

I appreciate your responses but you clearly have not operated a high volume route or arcade. Your suggestions are not realistic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/50?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.