IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 569.
#25401 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the metal diverter behind the scoop. Tighten it's screws.

After adjusting it correctly..... Loosening the two screws behind that scoop shield allows you to adjust it ...the shield can pivot left or right directing the ball. Once you've got it where you want it, Then tighten them down.

#25402 11 months ago

Attention PanzerFreak

JJP made a post on their Facebook page earlier today about Godfather, Toy Story and Guns N' Roses all being available for order.

Someone commented "Is gun's and roses going to get new code to balance the game? Not in this lifetime lol" to which JJP replied "all you need is just a little patience. "

#25403 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Attention PanzerFreak
JJP made a post on their Facebook page earlier today about Godfather, Toy Story and Guns N' Roses all being available for order.
Someone commented "Is gun's and roses going to get new code to balance the game? Not in this lifetime lol" to which JJP replied "all you need is just a little patience. "

Patience starts to wear thin after YEARS of waiting…

And if we’re picking song titles for this stuff, Stern’s on new code would be… It’s so easy.

#25404 11 months ago

I thought the old saying was "good things come to those who wait." Besides that, it sure sounds like a code update is coming, otherwise why would JJP suggest we need a little more patience? That's really the crux of the issue - is code coming? Yes. When? Sometime. That's better than not at all. At least those who are all bent out of shape over it and out of patience and wondering if it will ever happen, have an answer now.

#25405 11 months ago

I don't understand all the code complaining. While not perfect answers, there are some obvious choices:

1. Make small changes to the game settings, reduce multi ball, you can make it however you like! SOLUTION.
2. Grab the beta. It's got bug fixes, some adjusted light shows, EQ and other stuff. SOLUTION
3. Do #1 and #2, enjoy the game. Maybe some more aggressive change will come, be happy with what you have. SOLUTION.
4. Move on and sell. The game isn't for you w/its current functionality. SOLUTION.

Clearly the above is somewhat tongue-in-cheek ... everyone is free to speak their mind.

#25406 11 months ago

Keefer and crew have repeatedly said a production update is coming, the beta work is part of that process, and when all the bugs, and items have been dealt with, it will release. They reinforced what we know yet again with the Facebook response. See altan post above for options

#25407 11 months ago

Hey Guys,
I recently noticed that the bass riff the happens right after the startup process ends, has stopped happening. The game just silently is ready to go.
I don’t see any errors… has anyone else experienced this?

#25408 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Hey Guys,
I recently noticed that the bass riff the happens right after the startup process ends, has stopped happening. The game just silently is ready to go.
I don’t see any errors… has anyone else experienced this?

That's the Scorbit sound. They removed Scorbit

#25409 11 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Really? Scorbit is gone? When did that happen?
I used it occasionally but it was kind on inconvenient and the app itself was kind of a hassle.

#25410 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I used it occasionally but it was kind on inconvenient and the app itself was kind of a hassle.

Probably about a month ago by now?
JJP dropped Scorbit across all games.
Check the Scorbit thread for more info.
Hopefully they'll at least replace it with some in-house solution?

#25411 11 months ago

I just had my best booster multiball 4-stack ever with many locks, jackpots, supers, galore and lasted what felt like 10 minutes. I can’t believe how long I kept it going, since I usually suck. When it ended I wanted to go straight to the song, looked and was Civil War, my experience told me it was a bad choice. So I changed it by hitting a target, but bounced right off and out. No problem, I thought, I still had one ball left, which I sank right into the scoop after launching.

But thats when I realized I had made a huge mistake. I had forgotten to disable album mode which I did prior so much earlier. Now instead of seeing some
monumental song level I had in my head, I saw the Thirst for Carnage mode. My head was knocked out of the game. I drained trying to get the first shot under the flipper.

That was so disappointing. I need to stop playing this game, but I can’t help it.

Low on the code polish list for me would be to just ask me mode or not when I land in the scoop. Make it just like cashing out a song jackpot with double buttons or action button to control it.

#25412 11 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

That was so disappointing.

I’ve lost count how many times I had the perfect booster, patch stack and all 6 balls locked only to screw it up and not even get to play a song. I feel your pain. Better luck next time. Mega scores are attainable. And will be someday.

#25413 11 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I just had my best booster multiball 4-stack ever with many locks, jackpots, supers, galore and lasted what felt like 10 minutes. I can’t believe how long I kept it going, since I usually suck. When it ended I wanted to go straight to the song, looked and was Civil War, my experience told me it was a bad choice. So I changed it by hitting a target, but bounced right off and out. No problem, I thought, I still had one ball left, which I sank right into the scoop after launching.
But thats when I realized I had made a huge mistake. I had forgotten to disable album mode which I did prior so much earlier. Now instead of seeing some
monumental song level I had in my head, I saw the Thirst for Carnage mode. My head was knocked out of the game. I drained trying to get the first shot under the flipper.
That was so disappointing.

Go ahead and cry those tears to really FEEL, then hit START and have another go.

#25414 11 months ago
Quoted from altan:

I don't understand all the code complaining. While not perfect answers, there are some obvious choices:
1. Make small changes to the game settings, reduce multi ball, you can make it however you like! SOLUTION.
2. Grab the beta. It's got bug fixes, some adjusted light shows, EQ and other stuff. SOLUTION
3. Do #1 and #2, enjoy the game. Maybe some more aggressive change will come, be happy with what you have. SOLUTION.
4. Move on and sell. The game isn't for you w/its current functionality. SOLUTION.
Clearly the above is somewhat tongue-in-cheek ... everyone is free to speak their mind.

The game has flaws. That’s obviously why it’s the most polarizing game in recent history. No denying that scoring is very unbalanced and slash solo is the worst mode in all of pinball. There are plenty of excellent code suggestions that will make this game better. Keefer and JJP are lazy with the code updates. Period. GNR is their flagship pin. You would think they would cater to those that bought the game and try to turn the negative tide against it.

No other modern game has seen this substantial drop in value. Yes you can manipulate the code to your liking. Same as any other pin. We shouldn’t have to change the rules through the settings to make the game better. We pay $10k plus for JJP to do that. Keefer, wake up please

#25415 11 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

No other modern game has seen this substantial drop in value.

Thunderbirds would like to object to this attempted coup on its reign.

Also, if things don't turn around, Bond will be nipping at GnR's heels soon, too.

It's not unprecedented at all. Just uncommon in the recent era of pinflation. Pins losing value after launch used to be normal.

#25416 11 months ago

Had to change a rubber yesterday.
The one under the guitar lock.
What a PITA - especially with a slipped disc in my lumbar, just saying ….lol

#25417 11 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

GNR is their flagship pin.

Umm…

7BB5BC95-5F68-46C2-8992-604AB85FCB21 (resized).png7BB5BC95-5F68-46C2-8992-604AB85FCB21 (resized).png
#25418 11 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Probably about a month ago by now?
JJP dropped Scorbit across all games.
Check the Scorbit thread for more info.
Hopefully they'll at least replace it with some in-house solution?

Thanks! I’ll check that out. Much appreciated!

#25419 11 months ago

Changed my flipper strength, def makes a difference for sure.

4F7DA557-BFC9-4EDE-902C-25A314A35B93 (resized).jpeg4F7DA557-BFC9-4EDE-902C-25A314A35B93 (resized).jpeg
#25420 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thunderbirds would like to object to this attempted coup on its reign.
Also, if things don't turn around, Bond will be nipping at GnR's heels soon, too.
It's not unprecedented at all. Just uncommon in the recent era of pinflation. Pins losing value after launch used to be normal.

I was looking at it from a pure dollar standpoint. GNR is down a solid $3,000 compared to the NIB price. Looks like they will be had in the $7,500 range pretty soon.

I had to look up the details on Thunderbirds. Doesn’t sound like they made too many. Manufacturer was Homepin (china)?

Hard to see Bond dropping $3,000 to $3,900 on a pro model.

#25421 11 months ago
Quoted from altan:

People paid upwards of $12k+ for this game and there hasn’t been a publicly released code update in over 18 months. The lack of code updates has clearly hurt game sales as well as resale value. There’s things JJP could do with the code but they refuse to acknowledge concerns from the community. The company now seems more focused on coding the next game and moving on. Heck Pirates was announced 5 years ago and still doesn’t have it final wizard mode.

Also, having to manually tweaks settings doesn’t change perception about the game as location players, and many home owners, will never make those changes. Needing to tweak settings also shows “something isn’t working right” by default, it exposes flaws. Finally how long can a code update remain in beta? 6 months seems like a while but a year+? That’s ridiculous.

I like my GNR LE, it’s not going anywhere, but the lack of code support had led to me choose a Stern for my next pinball purchase versus JJP. I just placed a deposit down for a Godzilla Premium over a Godfather LE due the code update situation over at JJP. I’m done waiting for code updates that never come or those that only offer a few bug fixes (and removal of ScoreBit lol).

#25422 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Keefer and crew have repeatedly said a production update is coming, the beta work is part of that process, and when all the bugs, and items have been dealt with, it will release. They reinforced what we know yet again with the Facebook response. See altan post above for options

What’s a reasonable amount of time for a code update to be in beta? A few months great, 6 months alright, but 18 months+? No. The next time my wife asks me to work on a house project I’ll just say “it’s in beta” and see if I can wait a year and a half lol. Meanwhile Stern is putting out code updates and continuing to polish their games (while implementing some changes based on owner feedback) left and right.

GNR has tanked in value and a big part of that is due to to the state of its code. JJP’s lack of action has shown they don’t care and that’s sad as it didn’t used to be that way. JJP once implemented some massive game changing updates with Hobbit based on community feedback. Those updates had a huge impact on the game including its value and I bet more games sales. Is JJP that same company today? I sure hope so but as each day passes without a substantial code update that starts to fade.

#25423 11 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

GNR is down a solid $3,000 compared to the NIB price. Looks like they will be had in the $7,500 range pretty soon.

Amazing buying opportunity.
Remember, you only lose money if you sell!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What’s a reasonable amount of time for a code update to be in beta? A few months great, 6 months alright, but 18 months+? No lol. Meanwhile Stern is putting out code updates and continuing to polish their games (while implementing some changes based on owner feedback) left and right.

The question is just fishing for an argument and the answer is subjective. The discussion has value to the antagonist or the journalist (synonyms?). Fodder for your podcast.

#25424 11 months ago

617511C4-5BC6-4497-B589-E1F043119A0E (resized).jpeg617511C4-5BC6-4497-B589-E1F043119A0E (resized).jpeg

#25425 11 months ago

Damn that’s a long time isn’t it. My GNR will never go anywhere (huge fan of the band, own most of the lithographs on the LE) so I dont care about value
However I do care about the game being complete. I’m astonished Pirates doesn’t have a wizard mode, at least GNR has one not like I’ll get to it
My guess is scoring in the wizard mode still isn’t better than a song
I don’t think the scoring logic is correct in the game
Album and wizards modes should score higher as factory settings not tweaks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25426 11 months ago

I remember passing on a Hobbit for $6k so the price can rebound but I am sure there are a lot more GnR's out there that will hurt demand.

Speaking on the topic, we were doomed from the get-go from Pirates speculators buying in. Couple that with their initial knock out sales saturation, quality issues, and later lackluster support of code or quality resolution and its truly a disaster of a situation. Not that the value matters to me as it's a keeper, but owning another NIB JJP is never going to even be a consideration for me. I traded a MMr SE with the King of Toppers for my GnR NIB and added some cash lol.

Stealing that picture! Funny

#25427 11 months ago

All this talk of if they do Code updates , the game will go up in value , is just crap .
They've sold so many and they're still available NIB , so why would it go up in price ?
Once they're no longer available , that's when they will rise in value .
It's not like they're going to add video modes or change the style of gameplay , they'll just do some score balancing and some tweaks . So if you don't like how it plays now , move on and find something you prefer .
And they've released a number of code updates but if you don't want to use them , that's your choice .

#25428 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All this talk of if they do Code updates , the game will go up in value , is just crap .
They've sold so many and they're still available NIB , so why would it go up in price ?
Once they're no longer available , that's when they will rise in value .
It's not like they're going to add video modes or change the style of gameplay , they'll just do some score balancing and some tweaks . So if you don't like how it plays now , move on and find something you prefer .
And they've released a number of code updates but if you don't want to use them , that's your choice .

Code updates have a direct impact to game value. Ghostbusters and Hobbit for example wouldn't be worth what they are today without the last few big code updates each game received. Same goes for a ton of other games. Jurassic Park by Stern would in no way be worth what it is today without those final couple code updates that went above and beyond to polish and add additional modes to the game.

If code complete was represented by a finish line then JJP is just barely reaching it with their latest games while Stern is running past the line another mile or so to deliver more value for customers. Stern has likely sold as many Godzilla's as JJP GNR's yet look at that games value! Why is it so high? A big part of that is the incredible code support from Stern. A Godzilla premium, a premium, is now worth more then a GNR LE that has more features in it. That's sad.

GNR needs a 2.0 style update, not just some minor scoring balance and tweaks. There's a number of multiballs in the game that just feel mindless with little mode choreography. Have them all stacking together, toss in the "shoot everything" mode and the game can feel like a big mess at times. If the game stays as it is ok, that makes my decision to buy a Godzilla over Godfather feel even better. I'm not dealing with this same code update waiting game again at these insane prices.

#25429 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Code updates have a direct impact to game value. Ghostbusters and Hobbit for example wouldn't be worth what they are today without the last few big code updates each game received. Same goes for a ton of other games.
GNR needs a 2.0 style update, not just some minor scoring balance and tweaks. There's a number of multiballs in the game that just feel mindless with little mode choreography. Have them all stacking together, toss in the "shoot everything" mode and the game can feel like a big mess at times. If the game stays as it is ok, that makes my decision to buy a Godzilla over Godfather feel even better. I'm not dealing with this same code update waiting game again at these insane prices.

Tell me what the big code update was , which changed the value of the Hobbit .
Last big update , let you see in the game menu , when you held a Flipper , was all the different values of the modes and if you had done them or not , that's not going to change the price of the game .
The Hobbit went up in value because after all the bullshit hate of there's nothing to shoot for and there's nothing in it , died down , people realised what an awesome game and how incorporated all the modes were and had all the assets and when you couldn't buy a new one , it went up in value .
And Ghostbusters is just as divisive as it ever was , and once again the reason it's gone up in value is because you can't buy a NIB .

#25430 11 months ago

Ah, a play-mate for panzer. I think he found his first guest speaker for his new show called "PanzerFreak's flippin' out!” I can't wait for the release.

#25431 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ah, a play-mate for panzer. I think he found his first guest speaker for his new show called "PanzerFreak's flippin' out!” I can't wait for the release.

I'm too boring but if you really want a ratings winner ,Thunderbird needs to be his first guest

#25432 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like my GNR LE, it’s not going anywhere

This makes me happy. Complain about code all you want, you're entitled to it, especially since you're hanging in there and keeping it. I think we'll get that update within the next 569 days. We've got to be past the half way point of waiting now.

#25433 11 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Quoted from qbass187:

I know it will NEVER happen, but JJP should just suck it up, and make a contract with Stern to use their Insider Connected stuff. Consolidate all the games to one single platform.

#25434 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Tell me what the big code update was , which changed the value of the Hobbit .
Last big update , let you see in the game menu , when you held a Flipper , was all the different values of the modes and if you had done them or not , that's not going to change the price of the game .
The Hobbit went up in value because after all the bullshit hate of there's nothing to shoot for and there's nothing in it , died down , people realised what an awesome game and how incorporated all the modes were and had all the assets and when you couldn't buy a new one , it went up in value .
And Ghostbusters is just as divisive as it ever was , and once again the reason it's gone up in value is because you can't buy a NIB .

Checkout the release notes below, that first big update, 2.9, is when everything started to change for the Hobbit. A ton of things were added (final wizard mode, the mode ranking system, mode rewrites, new lightshots, new animations, etc) and then things only continued to improve from there. There's a bunch of other smaller updates I didn't even add that continued to polish the game. If these updates were not added game value would have continued to tank and it wouldn't be as well regarded as it is today.

The update wait for Hobbit from 2.01 (December 15th, 2017) to 2.9 (June 28th, 2018) is about the same amount of time where we are at now with waiting for a GNR code update. Will the GNR code update be anywhere near as substantial as what we see below with Hobbit? Sadly probably not but this is what JJP was once capable of and I hope we see a return to code update glory from them.

This is how you polish and support a game post release! This is what "we make the best pinball machines in the world" looks like. This is what Stern is doing now...

hobbit_1 (resized).jpghobbit_1 (resized).jpg
hobbit_2 (resized).jpghobbit_2 (resized).jpg
hobbit_3 (resized).jpghobbit_3 (resized).jpg

#25435 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I know it will NEVER happen, but JJP should just suck it up, and make a contract with Stern to use their Insider Connected stuff. Consolidate all the games to one single platform.

Bah , I heard someone say the other day , if you play a Stern game for the first time and do ok you should get about 10 achievements . The same as scorebit .
Hopefully JJP makes it so , you pick the achievement you want and then you go for it and then it would be like having heaps of mini modes . That would be a lot better than just playing the game and getting achievements without knowing why you got them .
So much more satisfying .

#25436 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Checkout the release notes below, that first big update, 2.9, is when everything started to change for the Hobbit. A ton of things were added (final wizard mode, the mode ranking system, mode rewrites, new lightshots, new animations, etc) and then things only continued to improve from there. There's a bunch of other smaller updates I didn't even add that continued to polish the game. If these updates were not added game value would have continued to tank and it wouldn't be as well regarded as it is today.
The update wait for Hobbit from 2.01 (December 15th, 2017) to 2.9 (June 28th, 2018) is about the same amount of time where we are at now with waiting for a GNR code update. Will the GNR code update be anywhere near as substantial as what we see below with Hobbit? Sadly probably not but this is what JJP was once capable of and I hope we see a return to code update glory from them.
This is how you polish and support a game post release! This is what "we make the best pinball machines in the world" looks like. This is what Stern is doing now...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I brought the game a couple years after it's release and I enjoyed the updates as they were released .
I would have brought the game regardless .
I understand your wishes and hopes for the games but it is what it is .
At the end of the day , you either enjoy the games or you don't , anything extra is a bonus .

#25437 11 months ago

What better than a GnR LE?

2 of course....

And for the people talking price. When the LE was announced we inquired about buying 2.

We were quoted (from a well known disty) $9100 shipped for 2.

I'm sure we were not the only one..

So some people are almost breaking even at current prices.

Almost 2 years later and we have our 2!

20230505_142615 (resized).jpg20230505_142615 (resized).jpg
#25438 11 months ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

What better than a GnR LE?
2 of course....
And for the people talking price. When the LE was announced we inquired about buying 2.
We were quoted (from a well known disty) $9100 shipped for 2.
I'm sure we were not the only one..
So some people are almost breaking even at current prices.
Almost 2 years later and we have our 2!
[quoted image]

Congrats, x2.
You got EACH for 9100 shipped? 18,2 total.
On October 5th, it will be 3 years since announced.
And of course, puzzled why 2?

#25439 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats, x2.

My guess is he can play one with the left spotlight working, and choose to play the other in case he wants to watch the right spotlight working.

#25440 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My guess is he can play one with the left spotlight working, and choose to play the other in case he wants to watch the right spotlight working.

Brilliant.

#25441 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats, x2.

That makes sense..cuz we needed to get some money off the books before the end of the year.

So it was probably 3 years.

I will say these were less than the quoted price back then.

#25442 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GNR has tanked in value and a big part of that is due to to the state of its code. JJP’s lack of action has shown they don’t care and that’s sad as it didn’t used to be that way. JJP once implemented some massive game changing updates with Hobbit based on community feedback. Those updates had a huge impact on the game including its value and I bet more games sales. Is JJP that same company today? I sure hope so but as each day passes without a substantial code update that starts to fade.

110%

Fresh GNR code fixing the main shortcomings of the game could boost resale and sales nicely.

JJP charges a pretty penny for their games. Lack of support is definitely holding this company back which is such a shame.

#25443 11 months ago

Anyone know if a Stern or Williams shooter lane protector fits GnR? Or a link to a JJP one?

Edit-
I cut to fit some mylar, lowered the trough coil, should be all I need.

#25444 11 months ago

Spring cleaning the parts closet. Full set of Lior mods, Sven mods, and plastic protectors/eject protectors for GNR LE.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Lior JJP Guns N' Roses mod set - complete set, new/unused. Skull Shooter Housing Bullet Shooter Rod Speaker Set Drum Set Action Button Surround Includes all of the original boxes...”
2023-05-06
Long Hill, NJ
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 77 times

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Sven's Stage Upgrade Kit and Drum Kit for JJP GNR LE/CE - new/unused. UPS beat the shit out of the package and snapped one mounting tab on a speaker stack and the frame of the NIT...”
2023-05-06
Long Hill, NJ
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 21 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Full set of plastic protectors for JJP GNR LE from Playfield Protectors. Everything is new/unused. Includes the full 16 piece set, the 2 combo sling/outlane protectors (kinda coo...”
2023-05-06
Long Hill, NJ
105 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 22 times

#25445 11 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Full set of Lior mods

Dang this is a good deal. All these mods are great.
I prefer Sven's stage kit over Lior. But that is it.... the Lior drum set is really awesome, along with the action button, shooter and skull really dress up GNR...

Any new GNR owner that likes these kinds of mods should grab this deal. The best top quality and a great price compared to new.

#25446 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Damn that’s a long time isn’t it. My GNR will never go anywhere (huge fan of the band, own most of the lithographs on the LE) so I dont care about value
However I do care about the game being complete. I’m astonished Pirates doesn’t have a wizard mode, at least GNR has one not like I’ll get to it
My guess is scoring in the wizard mode still isn’t better than a song
I don’t think the scoring logic is correct in the game
Album and wizards modes should score higher as factory settings not tweaks

Mine ain't leaving either. Also big fan of the band and having mine signed by Slash and co does not hurt. Have only the Litho from the concert where they signed it at their hotel in Groningen last year and that litho is even a little pinball themed which for me was great.

gnr groningen (resized).jpggnr groningen (resized).jpg
#25447 11 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I was looking at it from a pure dollar standpoint. GNR is down a solid $3,000 compared to the NIB price. Looks like they will be had in the $7,500 range pretty soon.
I had to look up the details on Thunderbirds. Doesn’t sound like they made too many. Manufacturer was Homepin (china)?
Hard to see Bond dropping $3,000 to $3,900 on a pro model.

You can't do it that way because you're comparing unequal games with different price points. You have to do it as a percentage of value.

A Bond pro is ~$7000. A GnR LE was $10,500 or $11,000, depending on when you bought them. If they're down $3k (looks more like $2-$2.5k, depending on when you bought, but let's say your $3k), that's ~25%. Bond Pros can be had for ~$6-6.2k used (if they sell at all, lots of "not solds" in the archive), which is -15% already, and it's very new compared to a 3 year old GnR.

Thunderbirds are down about 50% from initial price, so that's a trainwreck, but one I am curious to own on the cheap. If you have one, PM me. I feel like I have to play one to know how of its legendary awfulness firsthand.

#25448 11 months ago

Take a look at Spooky's Halloween and Ultraman; both have identical playfields and both were released with barely alpha code. Over the year or more of production, Spooky slowly released code updates but mostly for Halloween, and that pin has for the most part held it's value. Ultraman on the other hand has tanked and can now be had for 2-3k under MSRP. Part of that may have to do with theme (Halloween being more popular than Ultraman), but regardless, the lack of code killed Ultraman imo.

#25449 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't do it that way because you're comparing unequal games with different price points. You have to do it as a percentage of value.
A Bond pro is ~$7000. A GnR LE was $10,500 or $11,000, depending on when you bought them. If they're down $3k (looks more like $2-$2.5k, depending on when you bought, but let's say your $3k), that's ~25%. Bond Pros can be had for ~$6-6.2k used (if they sell at all, lots of "not solds" in the archive), which is -15% already, and it's very new compared to a 3 year old GnR.
Thunderbirds are down about 50% from initial price, so that's a trainwreck, but one I am curious to own on the cheap. If you have one, PM me. I feel like I have to play one to know how of its legendary awfulness firsthand.

Didn't most people buy in on GNRLE at that $9500 price? I know it took well over a year to get through that first month's orders (mine included). Still a sizeable drop but I wouldn't have been a buyer at $10.5k or $11k.

#25450 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Didn't most people buy in on GNRLE at that $9500 price? I know it took well over a year to get through that first month's orders (mine included). Still a sizeable drop but I wouldn't have been a buyer at $10.5k or $11k.

I don't know what the distribution was, but probably around half at $9.5k in the first year then the other half spread across 10.5k and 11k over the next 2 years or so. So yeah, in THAT case, the GnR value drop of those early adopters of the GnR LE after more than 3 years is LESS than Bond after less than 1 year. Connery am cry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 11,000.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/509?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.