pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 505 of 563.
#25201 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks foo. Just to make sure I'm understanding you right I did go into the EQ settings to try and troubleshoot this and thought I just set to none as the default So all the frequencies were flat at zero. . It didn't make any difference. Is there another reset that you're talking about? Or are you saying that what I did was good but only half of it and that I have to actually set the EQ like yours with the mid-range dip to compensate for this issue? Thanks

I set the custom to 0 manually (flat) then adjusted the midrange to a scooped pattern (as I currently have set) I did have to take the Bass and Treble high and low ends way back as they seemed to blow out and muddy the sound effects (very weird) from what I had set previously. So I guess the latest beta boosted the top and low ends a bit

#25202 11 months ago

Does anyone have any idea why my game volume keeps turning up by itself? It turns up all the way by itself during a game. I’m afraid it’s going to blow the speakers.

#25203 11 months ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Does anyone have any idea why my game volume keeps turning up by itself? It turns up all the way by itself during a game. I’m afraid it’s going to blow the speakers.

Loose cable causing intermittent connection loss?

#25204 11 months ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Does anyone have any idea why my game volume keeps turning up by itself?

Or - long shot! - leg contact with the volume switch?

#25205 11 months ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

I went with four red solid flippers with black bands. With these my flipper power is at 21 on both. When I had the stock flippers my power was 27 or 28. These are heavier than the plastic so they have good mass to hit the ball and that probably why I had to turn the power down. Even at the default power level I was launching the ball off ramps and getting airballs. The upper playfield flipper is a little shorter than original with a more rounded tip. Seems to play fine though. I'd be curious how the lighter Halo's perform, but I prefer the look of the solids and they were cheaper. I do recommend getting a set, even if its just replacing the two main flippers. If I wasn't doing all four, I would have went black. I love the look of the red, so I replaced all four.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey mate, these look awesome, I love the colour combo, red with the black band, don’t know about others but my original bands are more of a pink then red…, how are you finding the smaller flipper thou, is my only concern, or maybe I should go the 3 set of black ones with red rubbers and just leave the mini one as is.. cheers

#25206 11 months ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Are you leaning on the volume switch?

#25207 11 months ago

Anyone know approx what game number they started using the post washers during production?

#25208 11 months ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Anyone know approx what game number they started using the post washers during production?

I know they weren't shipping with those black nylon washers in the born on dates in Feb 2021 and they were for born on dates in June 2021 for sure. So somewhere in-between.

#25209 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I know they weren't shipping with those black nylon washers in the born on dates in Feb 2021 and they were for born on dates in June 2021 for sure. So somewhere in-between.

Thanks.. that does help.
Kiinda surprised there are 35 GnR LEs in FS in the market place. Has there been any clue on a new code drop?

#25210 11 months ago

Thanks.. that does help.
Kiinda surprised there are 35 GnR LEs in FS in the market place. Has there been any clue on a new code drop?

Not that surprising. Some GnR owners are tired of waiting for the code to be polished and maybe expanded a bit and there are a LOT of new pin options top jump to. GnR pricing is really great on the used market right now if you're a buyer...

Also, if you're in the market to buy, ask if the seller got a spare playfield. JJP was offering new spares at 1/2 price, and many owners did it for insurance. You may be able to get that made as part of the deal.

#25211 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, if you're in the market to buy, ask if the seller got a spare playfield. JJP was offering new spares at 1/2 price, and many owners did it for insurance.

Can owners still get the half price playfield deal?

#25212 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Can owners still get the half price playfield deal?

I don't know. It may be too long now. Email KEN at jerseyjackpinball dot com to inquire.

#25213 11 months ago

Kiinda surprised there are 35 GnR LEs in FS in the market place

That's only 0.7% of the total made.

#25214 11 months ago

Thanks.. that does help.

You won't be finding mine on the marketplace. It is poured in reinforced concrete in my house. It ain't leaving. Not even the Godfather could make that happen. The Godfather will have to wait till i saved enough money to put it next to my GnR.

#25215 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not that surprising. Some GnR owners are tired of waiting for the code to be polished and maybe expanded a bit and there are a LOT of new pin options top jump to. GnR pricing is really great on the used market right now if you're a buyer...
Also, if you're in the market to buy, ask if the seller got a spare playfield. JJP was offering new spares at 1/2 price, and many owners did it for insurance. You may be able to get that made as part of the deal.

When I was looking at getting a GnR part of my decision was a gamble that they would update code.
I knew it was a gamble but the pin is so fucking cool and beautiful I couldn’t resist any longer.
I traded my 5 year old DI for it.
I’m happy with deal because I had played out on DI?
Keefer please finish code on GnR
you know it needs it and I’m sure it keeps you awake at night so just do it!!!!

#25216 11 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

When I was looking at getting a GnR part of my decision was a gamble that they would update code.
I knew it was a gamble but the pin is so fucking cool and beautiful I couldn’t resist any longer.
I traded my 5 year old DI for it.
I’m happy with deal because I had played out on DI?
Keefer please finish code on GnR
you know it needs it and I’m sure it keeps you awake at night so just do it!!!!

I'm still enjoying GnR, but newer, polished and bug-fixed code would be nice. I'd trade a Dialed-In for a GnR any day. Was not a fan of the cell phone grind and unmet potential on that one.

#25217 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Hey mate, these look awesome, I love the colour combo, red with the black band, don’t know about others but my original bands are more of a pink then red…, how are you finding the smaller flipper thou, is my only concern, or maybe I should go the 3 set of black ones with red rubbers and just leave the mini one as is.. cheers

I just ordered a 2 1/4" red mini flipper bat to replace the 2" one I originally bought. I screwed up when I originally ordered and assumed the 2" was the correct one but when I received it I noticed it was a little shorter than original and had more of a rounded tip. It looks like the 2 1/4" is the same shape and size as original. The original bands are pinkish, but the Titan silicon ones are a nice red. I debated between doing black bats with red bands like original or reversing it. I thought the red bats would look good and went with that and glad I did. Replacing the mini flipper isn't necessary. The original plastic works just fine up there. Personally, I wanted them to match, so I ordered the set of three and had to order an additional bushing, extended shaft, and bat to do all four. You'll have some decisions to make such as solid or halo, what color to go with, replacing 2, 3 or all 4, and if you want to upgrade to the keyed shafts. I did have some slip originally, but I was able to tighten it enough to prevent the slip. I know some had issues with the original clamps not able to tighten enough and had to go to the keyed shafts. There's not a right or wrong answer but rather preference and how much your willing to spend. I think you'll like the Precision flippers regardless of what you choose.

#25218 11 months ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

I just ordered a 2 1/4" red mini flipper bat to replace the 2" one I originally bought. I screwed up when I originally ordered and assumed the 2" was the correct one but when I received it I noticed it was a little shorter than original and had more of a rounded tip. It looks like the 2 1/4" is the same shape and size as original. The original bands are pinkish, but the Titan silicon ones are a nice red. I debated between doing black bats with red bands like original or reversing it. I thought the red bats would look good and went with that and glad I did. Replacing the mini flipper isn't necessary. The original plastic works just fine up there. Personally, I wanted them to match, so I ordered the set of three and had to order an additional bushing, extended shaft, and bat to do all four. You'll have some decisions to make such as solid or halo, what color to go with, replacing 2, 3 or all 4, and if you want to upgrade to the keyed shafts. I did have some slip originally, but I was able to tighten it enough to prevent the slip. I know some had issues with the original clamps not able to tighten enough and had to go to the keyed shafts. There's not a right or wrong answer but rather preference and how much your willing to spend. I think you'll like the Precision flippers regardless of what you choose.

Thanks heaps for the info mate, I do like the red bats it looks like it really pops, but I’m leaning slightly towards the black solids, for the only reason I was thinking, i can always change the flipper band colours easier than the bats, with either a light green / red / yellow for a quick easy change of scenery..

#25219 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

i can always change the flipper band colours easier than the bats

Actually once you've installed, the bats are just as easy to change with the design of the system using the tool provided.

#25220 11 months ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I know the sound quality on this pin is quite poor as std even with the graphic equaliser. However I’m sure it’s got a lot worse recently. Top end seems missing. It’s almost as if I’ve damaged the sound card. Is this possible ?

Quoted from Vespula:

Funny you say this. I've been struggling with this too. I'm convinced I have a blown mid-range. I also considered the EQ possibility since that's a new part of the beta and went in flattened it. I'm still really having trouble dialing things in especially on the plunge sound. It really distorts my speakers at medium to medium high volume

Quoted from Kenz:

Yep, sounds like muddy junk is exactly what I’m getting. I have a sub attached too.. Definitely my worst sounding pin by a mile!
Phew! least nothing is damaged
Come on JJP roll up these beta’s and release the up-to-date version!

I’m pretty picky when it comes to audio but mine sounds great with the following adjustments. I’m not on beta code and don’t have the EQ.

1) powered sub. But this alone wouldn’t do it.

2) I have this tube EQ inserted in line with the topper. It accepts a 1/8” stereo Jack. I know most don’t have speakers in their topper, and
I can’t remember if the cabinet speakers also have this sort of jack somewhere in the chain, but if they do, I strongly recommend inserting this. It sounds fantastic now.

Nobsound NS-10P Mini Vacuum Tube Preamp Audio Hi-Fi Stereo Pre-Amplifier Treble & Bass Control https://a.co/d/gz5R5XB

#25221 11 months ago
Quoted from adrock:

I’m not on beta code and don’t have the EQ.

Thanks. The issues mentioned are specific to the beta and the EQ. JJP knows about it and they said the EQ issue will be fixed "very soon."

#25222 11 months ago

Tweaked what one of the other folks did with their eq settings as I have a sub attached. Sounds like it used to now!

4EDB3393-6BA8-410C-8C26-C93E583076B5 (resized).jpeg4EDB3393-6BA8-410C-8C26-C93E583076B5 (resized).jpeg
#25223 11 months ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Tweaked what one of the other folks did with their eq settings as I have a sub attached. Sounds like it used to now![quoted image]

Do you have pinwoofer?

#25224 11 months ago

Finally..... so after nearly a year stuck on 98million i finally cracked the ton today!! Figured you guys would appreciate my happiness.

#25225 11 months ago

Hi guys,some advice insight please, as my GNR is my first pin, and absolutely love it, not as strategic as some of you, my aim is have fun, a few bourbons and enjoy the music..

Plus I have spend hours reading up on the posts ( and still going) awesome stuff, just a massive wealth of information that can be shared with everyone, thank you all….
I have realised I need to keep up to date with the posts, and start reading regularly, caus e I don’t won’t to miss out on anything…

Ok, my question is, if it’s allowed ( and I’m not here to shit can other pinballs) I’ve got a opportunity to get a kiss pro machine, don’t know about
You guys in the states, but here in Australia they don’t show up for sale very often, they are like rocking horse shit..
Was even looking at getting one imported..

I’ve managed to play only a couple games each, at LZ pro and the Iron maiden (Pro , I’m guessing) .. conmpared to the GNR , I thought they were pretty lame, ( might have been the atmosphere at a local pup…). These are bands I love and grown up with….
I’ve never played the kiss machine, Do you think it’s in the same league as the lZ and IM...

And is there must difference between the pro and premium models
any info would be appreciated.

Thanks all

#25226 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Hi guys,some advice insight please, as my GNR is my first pin, and absolutely love it, not as strategic as some of you, my aim is have fun, a few bourbons and enjoy the music..
Plus I have spend hours reading up on the posts ( and still going) awesome stuff, just a massive wealth of information that can be shared with everyone, thank you all….
I have realised I need to keep up to date with the posts, and start reading regularly, caus e I don’t won’t to miss out on anything…
Ok, my question is, if it’s allowed ( and I’m not here to shit can other pinballs) I’ve got a opportunity to get a kiss pro machine, don’t know about
You guys in the states, but here in Australia they don’t show up for sale very often, they are like rocking horse shit..
I’ve managed to play only a couple games each, at LZ pro and the Iron maiden (Pro , I’m guessing) .. conmpared to the GNR , I thought they were pretty lame, ( might have been the atmosphere at a local pup…). These are bands I love and grown up with….
I’ve never played the kiss machine, Do you think it’s in the same league as the lZ and IM...
Thanks all

KISS Pro is *ok* but if you're getting a KISS, you need at least a Premium. Too many bells and whistles missing from the Pro. In an F, Marry, Kill, F the KISS, Marry the Maiden, and Kill the LZ.

#25227 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Thanks all

I’m in Brisbane too and Kiss isn’t as rare as you might think
I have an IM premium and only about 15 mins from you if it helps
Ranking the 3 you mentioned I have to agree with Pinmonk
IM (any model)
Kiss (has to be premium)
LZ a distant third

#25228 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Thanks all

I recently played Kiss on FreePlay and only played a couple games , it didn't grab me , same with Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin . Out of the three , I enjoyed Led Zeppelin more , but after owning GNR they just don't compare , they just feel lacking in every department and feel cheap .
But you're comparing them to IMO , the greatest band pin ever made .
And I wasn't even a GNR fan .
Find one to play , you might love it .

#25229 11 months ago

LZ will always be a favorite for me - the premium version is simply an awesome fun game.

#25230 11 months ago

Thanks guys for the response, but now I’m thinking the premium is the go

#25231 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do you have pinwoofer?

Nope, just a large external sub..

Could still do with better speakers. So pinwoofer option in the future!

#25232 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m in Brisbane too and Kiss isn’t as rare as you might think
I have an IM premium and only about 15 mins from you if it helps
Ranking the 3 you mentioned I have to agree with Pinmonk
IM (any model)
Kiss (has to be premium)
LZ a distant third

Thanks mate, yeah Kiss stern was my original want, but couldn’t find one, Then came across the new GNR which really caught my attention, so we ordered a LE , as this was my bday present from my wife… and its just a totally out of this world awesome game for my first pin, I absolutely love it, but as you do, Ive always looked out for that elusive kiss pinball, that got away, Ive. only came across 1 about 4 months ago, and was snapped up, and now this pro model….. but glad it was elusive as I wouldn’t ended up with my GNR, hence why I asked , maybe feel I’ve raised the expectation bar a bit high for the other games, basing it on GNR..
maybe I wasn’t looking in the right spots or the right contacts in the search for kiss.. ( actually had no contacts, was just asking everywhere …lol)
Ive only seen these 2 stern kiss that had/are being parted with….

Chers guys

#25233 11 months ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Nope, just a large external sub..
Could still do with better speakers. So pinwoofer option in the future!

Ok thanks, asking because your EQ curve didn't make sense to me if you had a PW. (Which myself and a few others here would highly recommend!)

#25234 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Hi guys,some advice insight please,

I can't comment on KISS but I did not find LZ something I would want to own. I disagree on Maiden, it's a masterpiece that sits next to my GnR, Met, and ACDC. Maiden is likely my favorite of the set, followed by Met, ACDC, and GnR bringing up the rear even though it is the prettiest with the most eye candy.

#25235 11 months ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Thanks all

You're in luck , there's a NIB LE on Gumtree

IMG_20230412_231935 (resized).jpgIMG_20230412_231935 (resized).jpg
#25236 11 months ago

I owned an LZ premium and an IM pro. Between the 2 I would say IM is the clear winner. Haven’t played a kiss unfortunately.

#25237 11 months ago

One thing I would love with new code is actually award some of the mystery bonuses that come up on the bullets before being loaded into the revolver...right now it's the same over and over...award points, extra balls, locks, advance members...

#25238 11 months ago

Toy Story just got some new code so that should free up some time to polish up other games now.

#25239 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Thanks anyway , prob just a bit more than my budget, unless I part with a kidney to make up the funds…lol
It seems any of the sterns LE / JJP CE, are like double in price compared to the mid range models…

#25240 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

KISS LE is a beautiful machine in person, but almost $19k USD for one is crazy money.

You could get a Godfather LE and a Foo Pro for that price.

#25241 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS LE is a beautiful machine in person, but almost $19k USD for one is crazy money.
You could get a Godfather LE and a Foo Pro for that price.

Iike everywhere , prices on some games over here are mental .
Makes GF CE a good deal

#25242 11 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So, I did a thing last night. Last weekend I got my GNR as a trade. Even though it was supposed to be perfect, it had issues. I fixed the guitar lock with new coils sleeves and fixed the lockdown bar that needed to be raised the first day. Last night I replaced the spot light servos. Wow. Those things go crazy. Didn’t finish a single song because was watching them go. I’m amazed at this game’s programming. Every song has unique lighting from the hot rails, to the inserts, and even the spot lights. That is the JJP difference in my opinion. Just so much more detail. Sorry, but felt the need to post my appreciation for their dedication to this game. It’s why I love my Hobbit and WOZ. Just beautiful games.

Have the same 3 JJP pins (GNR, TH and WOZ) all set up next to each other. My left GNR spot light arm broke early on and recently was replaced by JJP thru warranty process. Now it appears both of the spot light servos are dead as neither of the two are working properly in the test function. The right does fine but the two servos that operate the left spot light are not. I've switched them around but no luck. My question is where did you order or purchase your new servos from? I see JJP has them but the ones advertised are white and the stock are black. TIA for the help.

#25243 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

One thing I would love with new code is actually award some of the mystery bonuses that come up on the bullets before being loaded into the revolver...right now it's the same over and over...award points, extra balls, locks, advance members...

Haha did we ever figure out what snakes and/or groupies do? (SE-owner here, so forgive me if that's an LE/CE thing.)

#25244 11 months ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

Have the same 3 JJP pins (GNR, TH and WOZ) all set up next to each other. My left GNR spot light arm broke early on and recently was replaced by JJP thru warranty process. Now it appears both of the spot light servos are dead as neither of the two are working properly in the test function. The right does fine but the two servos that operate the left spot light are not. I've switched them around but no luck. My question is where did you order or purchase your new servos from? I see JJP has them but the ones advertised are white and the stock are black. TIA for the help.

There is a key post in this forum that has the answer. I got the stock white ones. But the black would look better if you can’t save the sticker

#25245 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

That is just craziness. Probably why the game has been for sale for such a long time.

#25246 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is just craziness. Probably why the game has been for sale for such a long time.

It gets better than that

Screenshot_2021-03-28-01-59-55-42 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-03-28-01-59-55-42 (resized).png
#25247 11 months ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

If you look in the topic index at the top of any page in this thread (click Keypost Summary to put them in order), there are links to the posts with details in the TECH:Lighting section. The TECH:Mod section has links to new brackets you can print if you have a 3D printer.

#25248 11 months ago

Kiss LE - I own the german version No 3 of 60 from NIB.
Love it, its gorgeous, shots are smooth.
Right ramp is a real bastard to nail consistenly though, you really need it too.

I beleive the LE is the only version that didnt have issues with the decals peeling off.

GnR is great in its own right, just a different type of pin compared to IMDN, Kiss + GZ

#25249 11 months ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

Vespa puts together a kit for them , I think he has two or three sets left he is active on this thread

#25250 11 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Kiss LE - I own the german version No 3 of 60 from NIB.

…I’m sorry to ask you Sako, but I’m completely lost here……
I had no idea about a German version, is there a difference compared with the 600 Limited Editions made or what? …
Your plate and signed certificate it’s different or same as LE’s but just with a "60" or how’s that?
691B0852-1456-40CF-BB99-EE90887332FB (resized).jpeg691B0852-1456-40CF-BB99-EE90887332FB (resized).jpegC87D0D33-9C00-4A86-BB55-78826F8D8CAA (resized).jpegC87D0D33-9C00-4A86-BB55-78826F8D8CAA (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 505 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/505 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.