IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 569.
#24701 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Why are there so many GNR LE for sale in marketplace so cheap?

The Godfather looks like the next big thing .

#24702 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Finally joined the club yesterday and having an absolute blast with this game (I think I played 7 hours straight yesterday ) - I did download the update with the EQ - Do any of you audio heads have an EQ setting that would like to share ?

Quoted from Vespula:

Death of Scorbit took your thunder. Congrats man!!
I keep my EQ on flat because I have pinwoofer.

(This curve is for the latest Beta 33 code)

I have a Pinwoofer GT setup as well (with the recommended settings on the PW site - with only the sub volume pulled back slightly to compensate for the other sub - an external Klipsch 12" reference .. and I still have the EQ tweaked, it is night and day from flat. Not saying the Pinwoofer doesn't improve things dramatically, but the source material equalized prior to hitting the GT amp puts the sound on this pin on another level.

Here's my (by ear) settings..YMMV but I prefer a scooped midrange (arena rock sound) and only slightly boosted bass (given the bass sub amplification I already have going in the cab and externally) and a sloping up hi range. My external cutoff is set to handle the low end below 80hz on my Klipsh

Once you have these input into the custom setting...switch back and forth between the other options (bass boost, flat, and noisy arcade) and I think your ears will tell you the difference

Here's my adjustments with the extra visualization graph screens to show variance of the individual freqs
20230312_085020 (resized).jpg20230312_085020 (resized).jpg20230312_085029 (resized).jpg20230312_085029 (resized).jpg20230312_085035 (resized).jpg20230312_085035 (resized).jpg

#24703 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think your ears will tell you the difference

Thanks for the encouragement, Foo. I'll try this curve.
I will say that after the last beta, I think it installed with a bass boost configured custom preset saved and selected, so I went in and flattened it again.
I also was just getting some strange distortion on the mid-range I think, especially on the skill shot plunge sound. Awful.
I went in to game settings and put them back to JJP standard (green numbers) and it sounds balanced again. I'll have to confirm my PW settings.
But all this to say that a possibility the sound may have been changed in with the latest beta during all the EQ troubleshooting from JJP. Not sure, but I'm flat now and the jjp config menu sounds are back to default green and it sounds good again.
I'll try your EQ and dial up PW recommended both game menu and dials settings and see! Thanks!

#24704 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks for the encouragement, Foo. I'll try this curve.
I will say that after the last beta, I think it installed with a bass boost configured custom preset saved and selected, so I went in and flattened it again.
I also was just getting some strange distortion on the mid-range I think, especially on the skill shot plunge sound. Awful.
I went in to game settings and put them back to JJP standard (green numbers) and it sounds balanced again. I'll have to confirm my PW settings.
But all this to say that a possibility the sound may have been changed in with the latest beta during all the EQ troubleshooting from JJP. Not sure, but I'm flat now and the jjp config menu sounds are back to default green and it sounds good again.
I'll try your EQ and dial up PW recommended both game menu and dials settings and see! Thanks!

Yes the upgrade in Beta code screwed the equalizer for previous settings. I had to reset and start over as I think the code was internally tweaked which botched my adjusted custom settings. Got the same weird muffled sounds until after the reset as well. Starting from a flatline, the curve now represents the latest beta code. I think the low end was boosted internally for the 0 starting point and my older graph had a larger bass heavy balance which I toned way down this time

#24705 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Lack of code support is a big one. The game hasn’t received a single code update in over a year!

JJP could easily improve game sales, company goodwill, and game value through additional code support. Stern gets it, JJP has sadly lost it as of late.

#24706 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Code is a big one. The game hasn’t received a single code update in over a year!

I realize a code update and beta code updates are two different things to some people but for fucks sakes you can’t just ignore that we’ve at least had the opportunity to play several different beta code revisions along the way and pretend the beta code doesn’t exist or that code hasn’t at least been updated in that regard.

Besides that, I think the code is still solid just as it is aside from a few issues with scoring balance.

#24707 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Code is a big one. The game hasn’t received a single code update in over a year!

Let's be fair panzer.. the current code has weaknesses but it's good, and there's well documented Eskaybee settings to affect what you don't like about the game. And beta code is and has been regularly updated over the past year in preparation for the production release with enough changes indicating that a sizeable update is coming.. beta is ready for participation by anyone. It's reversible.
I've been on every beta release without any major issue.

There's plenty of noticable and positive changes in the beta that should be encouraging a prod release is coming ..... for all but the most impatient GNR owners. .

#24708 1 year ago

Panzer, if you contacted JJP via email, text, phone, billboard, radio ads and etc to mention code updates as often as you do here, maybe they’d do something.

pinball_keefer please spare us from Panzer’s disappointment and his constant reminders and help save us from the madness.

#24709 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Panzer, if you contacted JJP via email, text, phone, billboard, radio ads and etc to mention code updates as often as you do here, maybe they’d do something.
pinball_keefer please spare us from Panzer’s disappointment and his constant reminders and help save us from the madness.

Right on brother!

#24710 1 year ago

Beta code updates are great but they don’t have the capability to change a game’s public perception and therefore value. Many home owners likely don’t opt into beta updates and location owners running beta code are probably few and far between. Also how long has Pirates code been in beta? Do you want to wait 3 years? Lol.

The same thing goes for having to implement 10 community suggested setting tweaks to fix scoring balance issues. That won’t change game perception and value.

#24711 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Beta code updates are great but they don’t have the capability to change a game’s public perception and therefore value.

Why does an owner care about perception?

Maybe it’s just me, but I buy pins I like. Not pins others like.

Oh, if this is more of a “I want my pin to go up in value”, great if it happens but I never assume it.

#24712 1 year ago

Trying to sell these Lior mods.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Absolutely no damage except it needs 3M adhesive on the back for securing to your game. Even comes with the felt bag.”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 760 times

Mod - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Pretty much new looking except for a very small chip on one of the roses pointed out by the pen. Easy fix with some red nail polish/paint. Will also need new 3M adhesive to affix t...”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 755 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Spinner Decals Archived
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Brand new record spinner decals for the spinning record. Includes: LIES CHINESE DEMOCRACY USE YOUR ILLUSION II USE YOUR ILLUSION I THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 619 times

#24713 1 year ago

It would be nice to see JJP have public updates and not Beta versions running for years . I guess they are going to have some sort of public software updates soon for all the machines to remove Scorbit.

I am a huge JJP fan, I just see the lack of public software updates for POTC and GNR disappointing

#24714 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Beta code updates are great but they don’t have the capability to change a game’s public perception and therefore value. Many home owners likely don’t opt into beta updates and location owners running beta code are probably few and far between. Also how long has Pirates code been in beta? Do you want to wait 3 years? Lol.
The same thing goes for having to implement 10 community suggested setting tweaks to fix scoring balance issues. That won’t change game perception and value.

Did you notice Keith has just released a fully coded new game .
Just like he did with GNR and has also released some beta updates , sure it could use some tweaks but it's all there .
I've got a lot of time for you , but it would be good if you had something new to say instead of the same thing over and over .

#24715 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Why does an owner care about perception?

Because maybe they want to sell?

PanzerFreak are you thinking about selling?

#24716 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

Trying to sell these Lior mods.

Mod - For Sale

Sculpted Skull Shooter by The Art of Pinball

Used, good condition - “Absolutely no damage except it needs 3M adhesive on the back for securing to your game. Even comes with the felt bag.”

51 minutes ago

Boston, MA
(1,516 km)

hool10

300 (Firm)

Mod - For Sale

Sculpted Action Button by The Art of Pinball

Used, fair condition - “Pretty much new looking except for a very small chip on one of the roses pointed out by the pen. Easy fix with some red nail polish/paint. Will also need new 3M adhesive to affix t...”

51 minutes ago

Boston, MA
(1,516 km)

hool10

175 (Firm)

Parts - For Sale

Spinner Decals

NOS (New Old Stock) - “Brand new record spinner decals for the spinning record.

Includes:
LIES
CHINESE DEMOCRACY
USE YOUR ILLUSION II
USE YOUR ILLUSION I
THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?”

51 minutes ago

Boston, MA
(1,516 km)

hool10

30 (Firm)

Good deals on Lior. 30 is cost on all 6 record labels tho..

Btw, did anyone notice that Little shop of games relabeled the guns and roses section to generic "rock games accessories". It's interesting that they must have got dinged for using the band name as a copyright violation. Not a trace of guns n' roses mentioned.

https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/rock-games-accessories/

#24717 1 year ago

Regarding Scorebit:

F06260FC-9617-4E95-81EF-5B470D2E32EA (resized).jpegF06260FC-9617-4E95-81EF-5B470D2E32EA (resized).jpeg
#24718 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Because maybe they want to sell?
PanzerFreak are you thinking about selling?

No I’m not selling. JJP will get the code done right hopefully, I need to keep in mind that they are releasing beta updates. The long wait though is a bummer, hopefully the new programming hire helps speed up code updates.

#24719 1 year ago

Panzer, have you tried any of the beta updates? Just curious.

#24720 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Good deals on Lior. 30 is cost on all 6 record labels tho..
Btw, did anyone notice that Little shop of games relabeled the guns and roses section to generic "rock games accessories". It's interesting that they must have got dinged for using the band name as a copyright violation. Not a trace of guns n' roses mentioned.
https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/rock-games-accessories/

I noticed that too. A brand new set is $40 though and that is before taxes, S&H. https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-platinum-record-decal-set

#24721 1 year ago
Quoted from hool10:

I noticed that too. A brand new set is $40 though and that is before taxes, S&H. https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-platinum-record-decal-set

Ah, price went up! Used to be 30. I stand corrected.

Still a great deal on your Lior accessories for anyone that wants....

I just added up my shooter rod, action button, skull, and drum kit set and it was $1,100 bucks. Yikes. Great mods tho. Wouldn't do it different. Add Sven's backstage kit for another 300... PW, Pinstadiums, topper, topper mods, hyperlytes, precision pinball flippers ( not installed yet ) and more .... I bet I'm around 13k all in on my $ 9500 GNR. Wouldn't change a thing. Never selling.

#24722 1 year ago

Hey all, wanted to share a positive experience with JJP. Received my GnR LE in October 2021 and had zero issues with it up until early January, 2023. At that time (and unfortunately in the middle of a pinball get together with my buddies), the center scoop stopped registering a ball so the game was unplayable. We tried to fix it on the spot, but had no luck. My buddy suspected a bad switch.

I had never sent a support request to JJP so sent one in and Brian Wieczorek responded almost immediately. I was pleasantly surprised. Brian was very patient as we went back/forth via email trying to diagnose the issue. After I completed all the recommended tests, we did determine it was a bad switch. Brian asked to confirm my address they had for me.....and then mailed out a new switch. It arrived in a few days. I replaced it (yes...all by myself! ha ha) and I was 100% back in business. I couldn't have asked for better support.

Also....my game still looks amazing. No pooling issues of any kind that I can detect, although I'm not one that scrutinizes playfields looking for bad spots. I continue to enjoy GnR. Just really dig it.

And...because my addiction is real, I ordered a Godfather CE.

#24723 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Hey all, wanted to share a positive experience with JJP. Received my GnR LE in October 2021 and had zero issues with it up until early January, 2023. At that time (and unfortunately in the middle of a pinball get together with my buddies), the center scoop stopped registering a ball so the game was unplayable. We tried to fix it on the spot, but had no luck. My buddy suspected a bad switch.
I had never sent a support request to JJP so sent one in and Brian Wieczorek responded almost immediately. I was pleasantly surprised. Brian was very patient as we went back/forth via email trying to diagnose the issue. After I completed all the recommended tests, we did determine it was a bad switch. Brian asked to confirm my address they had for me.....and then mailed out a new switch. It arrived in a few days. I replaced it (yes...all by myself! ha ha) and I was 100% back in business. I couldn't have asked for better support.
Also....my game still looks amazing. No pooling issues of any kind that I can detect, although I'm not one that scrutinizes playfields looking for bad spots. I continue to enjoy GnR. Just really dig it.

Another shoutout to Brian and Stephen from me as well. I have had a few things go wrong along the way and I have never had any issue with JJP support.

This is a good reminder that the negatives are always louder than the positives, so those of us who have good experiences need to speak up more often. As someone who deals with service-related roles, this really does wonders for the team who must live in the negative space 99% of the time.

#24724 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Code's buggy and unbalanced. The polish hasn't happened yet, and we're almost 3 years in. People are ready to move on because it feels like the new JJP has.

#24725 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Code's buggy and unbalanced. The polish hasn't happened yet, and we're almost 3 years in. People are ready to move on because it feels like the new JJP has.

Bingo. A reasonable amount of wait time has passed, a lot of owners are upset after having spent $9500+ on these. Meanwhile Stern cranks out the code updates. Yes Stern releases games more incomplete but they complete and polish code far faster over the past 5 years.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24726 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Bingo. A reasonable amount of wait time has passed, a lot of owners are upset after having spent $9500+ on these. Meanwhile Stern cranks out the code updates. Yes Stern releases games more incomplete but they complete and polish code far faster over the past 5 years.

Ghostbusters is really the only one that took like 3 years or more to finally get all the stuff on the instruction card coded.

That said, Stern's "complete" is occasionally sorely lacking, but they do FINISH their games now, unlike say, Indy Crystal Skull where the Crystal Skull wizard mode that's the POINT of the game isn't even in it.

#24727 1 year ago

Lyman Sheats (RIP) was one of the best pinball coders. His games were mostly crap for 2-3 years. Even Dwight Sullivan, who I am self proclaiming the ‘prince of moments’ and the ‘king of breadth’, and personally feel is the best coder/game developer currently in the industry, has had his fair share in delays (GOT, GB).

The bottom line is Code takes good games and makes them great. With JJP still rolling out beta versions, I have hope we will get a full release. Hopefully slash solo gets addressed, to me it’s the Achilles heal of GNR and possibly worst implemented mode in all of pinball.

#24728 1 year ago

I went into the settings and made Slash solo take more spins to qualify. Now I don’t have to do it as often and when it does come up, I don’t mind it as much.

#24729 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I was going to order a GF bu then decided I better start playing my G&R, I am wondering how different the game play will feel between them? I am ordering percision flips for G&R and WW to make them feel more snappy. But with GF being another multiball fest figure I may as well play this multi ball fest and am going to make the some of the suggested changes.

So how much game play difference will there be?

Still struggeling with all the customers fault bullchiat so maybe buying GF used can help justify it in my mind, like I am not giving my money to JJP.

#24730 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I was going to order a GF bu then decided I better start playing my G&R, I am wondering how different the game play will feel between them? I am ordering percision flips for G&R and WW to make them feel more snappy. But with GF being another multiball fest figure I may as well play this multi ball fest and am going to make the some of the suggested changes.
Still struggeling with all the customers fault bullchiat so maybe buying GF used can help justify it in my mind, like I am not giving my money to JJP.

Let us know how the precision flippers work. That's the one thing I hate about JJP games, mushy flippers. Adding pinmonk fans and turning up the flipper power has helped immensely, but I'm open to trying some precision flippers if others say they make a difference.

#24731 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Yeah if I were interested in GF I’d wait to be sure Mirco issues don’t pop up. If GF has playfield issues again it’s over for JJP

#24732 1 year ago

Started playing my CE again - I really love this machine ! It's a gem, and a keeper.

I buy pins I want and like, I could care less what other people want or like.

#24733 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Let us know how the precision flippers work. That's the one thing I hate about JJP games, mushy flippers. Adding pinmonk fans and turning up the flipper power has helped immensely, but I'm open to trying some precision flippers if others say they make a difference.

The precision flippers on GNR feel just like my flippers on GZ. It’s a big help. Plus it’s easier to hit shots because by design, they are meant to increase accuracy by decreasing inconsistencies in the original design.

I held off for a while getting the precision flippers because I was afraid the timing would be different than on my stock games. I like them so much I am in the process of upgrading all my games.

#24734 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The precision flippers on GNR feel just like my flippers on GZ. It’s a big help. Plus it’s easier to hit shots because by design, they are meant to increase accuracy by decreasing inconsistencies in the original design.
I held off for a while getting the precision flippers because I was afraid the timing would be different than on my stock games. I like them so much I am in the process of upgrading all my games.

I think I need an invite to check them out.

#24735 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I think I need an invite to check them out.

Anytime!! But I warn you, once you try them you will be spending a fortune upgrading all the games at WMPC!

#24736 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anytime!! But I warn you, once you try them you will be spending a fortune upgrading all the games at WMPC!

We don’t have the budget for that!

#24737 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I had great success with the Halo precision flippers and also the metal bushings and keyed locks for the flipper shafts, that in combination with Titan competition silicone is the perfect solution to the mushy flipper feel the game ships with.. I originally had the solid precision flippers, but for some reason those felt a little too rigid and introduced ball hop on my specific machine others didn't have that issue but switching to the hollow Halo flippers was the solution. The game honestly shoots very fast now super flowy and tons of fun just the other day I had three balls going chasing each other in a left hand orbit all rapid fired from the right flipper ...good stuff here

#24738 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

This is what I'm afraid of....

#24739 1 year ago

So I am getting into the pin after like 18 months glad I kept it. Now trying for some volume. Picked up this sub at goodwill for 10 bucks.

I am just gator clipping it to the existing cabinet bottom speaker.

I don’t have a clue on all these switches and knobs so please help me with them.

Thanks in advance.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#24740 1 year ago

Or I could try this 3.99 one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#24741 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I am getting into the pin after like 18 months glad I kept it. Now trying for some volume. Picked up this sub at goodwill for 10 bucks.
I am just gator clipping it to the existing cabinet bottom speaker.
I don’t have a clue on all these switches and knobs so please help me with them.
Thanks in advance. [quoted image]

you're just using speaker in and not using the pass-through speaker out speaker connectors so that high pass knob does nothing.
Low pass frequency set how you like it. Really the only knob to experiment with that matters.
The phase button you probably can't hear the different. 0 degrees is where I'd leave it unless you think 180 sounds better.
It's a pinball machine.
Pinwoofer is the biggest improvement you can make.
Also the beta code has an EQ built in that can make a huge difference. That's free.

#24742 1 year ago

*This is based on absolutely no facts at all, I completely made this up.

The reason JJP hasn't had any significant code updates and cut ties with Scorbit is because they were completely overhauling the OS. The update will provide a more classic feel to the flippers and slings for all JJP games, along with a new achievement system that doesn't require a phone and will offer some cool tournament options if you own more than one JJP game.

A man can dream, right? I heard that GF plays a lot faster than the previous titles. I'm really hoping they figured something out. Sure, you can dial them in with fans and settings to get them better, but it should be great out of the box. Almost every JJP I've played on location has played like trash.

#24743 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

*This is based on absolutely no facts at all, I completely made this up.
The reason JJP hasn't had any significant code updates and cut ties with Scorbit is because they were completely overhauling the OS. The update will provide a more classic feel to the flippers and slings for all JJP games, along with a new achievement system that doesn't require a phone and will offer some cool tournament options if you own more than one JJP game.
A man can dream, right? I heard that GF plays a lot faster than the previous titles. I'm really hoping they figured something out. Sure, you can dial them in with fans and settings to get them better, but it should be great out of the box. Almost every JJP I've played on location has played like trash.

Or.....get this. JJP is a greedy company that lost all sight of what their mission was. When JJP first came out, their motto was more pinball for your buck, and used Stern's barren playfields and high prices to leverage their company. Now it's more barren for more buck. They are slowly removing things that made JJP magical, while increasing price at sky rocket pace. GNR came out at $9500 which was already an increase and during production raised the priace to 11k. Then Toy Story came out with aliexpress cake toppers for 12k.

Fast foward to now, we have less warranty with JJP than ever before, and we have our first JJP with no secondary LCD screen. First JJP LE with no powder coat trim. First LE (if memory serves me well) with removed sculpts and modified sculpts. And now we have the removale of Scorbit.

I'm sorry, but with the pattern of JJP removing more and more in games and increasing prices in games, I don't see them caring about customers and finishing any kind of code because they already have their money.

Furthermore, proof they could care less about customers is the whole GnR playfield issues where somehow, it was thousands of owners fault the playfields were all simuatniously flaking, placing the blame on consumers. JJP is not the same company and it's nice to be hopeful, but trends suggest this is another cost cutting, stripping down of games.

#24744 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Even Dwight Sullivan, who I am self proclaiming the ‘prince of moments’ and the ‘king of breadth’, and personally feel is the best coder/game developer currently in the industry

Sorry but I could not disagree more. I can’t stand Dwight’s coding. I feel he is one of the worst coders and I avoid all his games. His blinding lights and ridiculous multipliers ruin games. I would take any other coder at stern over Dwight. I hope he doesn’t code any of my dream themes!

#24745 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Or.....get this. JJP is a greedy company that lost all sight of what their mission was. When JJP first came out, their motto was more pinball for your buck, and used Stern's barren playfields and high prices to leverage their company. Now it's more barren for more buck. They are slowly removing things that made JJP magical, while increasing price at sky rocket pace. GNR came out at $9500 which was already an increase and during production raised the priace to 11k. Then Toy Story came out with aliexpress cake toppers for 12k.
Fast foward to now, we have less warranty with JJP than ever before, and we have our first JJP with no secondary LCD screen. First JJP LE with no powder coat trim. First LE (if memory serves me well) with removed sculpts and modified sculpts. And now we have the removale of Scorbit.
I'm sorry, but with the pattern of JJP removing more and more in games and increasing prices in games, I don't see them caring about customers and finishing any kind of code because they already have their money.
Furthermore, proof they could care less about customers is the whole GnR playfield issues where somehow, it was thousands of owners fault the playfields were all simuatniously flaking, placing the blame on consumers. JJP is not the same company and it's nice to be hopeful, but trends suggest this is another cost cutting, stripping down of games.

Unfortunately your post is likely much more accurate than mine. I have 3 JJP games that don't see much play and I'm hoping for one last push to make them what they should be. I'd almost certainly never buy another JJP NIB after the GnR playfield issues. At least Stern has picked up the slack with some great (and a few not so great) games.

#24746 1 year ago

Sorry to hear when GNR owners are drowning in negativity towards GNR. I play my GNR all the time since Nov 2022, and love it. Never leaving. These negative posts are never original, and on pinside they ebb and flow like the tide. Hope those people find their way back to discovering what they loved about it day 1 during the first 100 plays... something changed - it wasn't the game.

#24747 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry to hear when GNR owners are drowning in negativity towards GNR. I play my GNR all the time since Nov 2022, and love it. Never leaving. These negative posts are never original, and on pinside they ebb and flow like the tide. Hope those people find their way back to discovering what they loved about it day 1 during the first 100 plays... something changed - it wasn't the game.

If you're referring to me, I didn't say anything negative about GnR. I actually own it, bolted to the ground and love every minute of it. However, it is the last JJP machine I'll ever buy due to JJPs greed, continued price increases, decrease magic under the glass since GnR, and poor customer service along with smug personalities of those that are in charge there. So instead of downvoting and throwing shade, you should focus on some reading comprehesion.

#24748 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

If you're referring to me, I didn't say anything negative about GnR. I actually own it, bolted to the ground and love every minute of it. However, it is the last JJP machine I'll ever buy due to JJPs greed, continued price increases, decrease magic under the glass since GnR, and poor customer service along with smug personalities of those that are in charge there. So instead of downvoting and throwing shade, you should focus on some reading comprehesion.

Replace GnR with other pins, and I don't want to start a JJP vs XXX here so I'll not name a specific manufacturer(s), but man... your point above applies pretty broadly outside JJP.

1. price increase increases? check. 20k anyone?
2. decrease in "magic under the PF", look at games X Y Z
3. Customer service? A buddy has been waiting a 1+ year for a new UNPOPULATED PF because the one on his new XXX has crappy clear

So hate on JJP if you want, but hate equally.

In reality ---

1. Pinball is truly insanely priced
2. Pinball doesn't offer the quality the average person outside the hobby would expect for the price

This applies pretty equality across all manufacturers

#24749 1 year ago

What is it that actually fails on the spotlights? I've just noticed my left one goes side to side only, not up and down.

#24750 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

What is it that actually fails on the spotlights?

It could be one, or a combination of things. Sometimes the servo fails. Sometimes the linkage fails. And sometimes, the servo where it connects to the linkage, gets loose or stripped and needs tightened some more. I think that's the main ones.

There are some key posts talking about the spotlights, upgraded linkage kits you can 3D print or buy, sources for the servos outside of JJP, and etc.

Post #8798 TECH: LIGHTING. Links to servos that will work to replace broken stage lighting servos.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/176#post-6250280

Post #9238 TECH: LIGHTING. Swapping out defective spotlight assemblies
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/185#post-6266468

Post #9441 TECH: LIGHTING. 3D model link to make replacement part for broken spotlights
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/189#post-6272173

Post #13853 TECH: LIGHTING. Spotlight service bulletin fix from JJP.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/278#post-6455419

Post #13891 TECH: LIGHTING. Spotlight servo adjustment procedure
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/278#post-6456526

Post #17572 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Servo bracket link to 3D print better servo bracket and linkage yourself
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/352#post-6604413

Post #20916 TECH: LIGHTING. Spotlight servo wiring color key.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/419#post-6849021

I think that was all of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/495?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.