IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 569.
#24601 1 year ago

<Bell rings>
... And tomorrow, class, coolcat will be discussing how value can be impacted by factors like supply and demand, and bourbon.

#24602 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

<Bell rings>
... And tomorrow, class, coolcat will be discussing how value can be impacted by factors like supply and demand, and bourbon.

Definitely Bourbon

#24603 1 year ago

Is there an easy way to test the magnet coil with a test meter? I understand theres a thermal cutout device so is it just a continuity test?

#24604 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is there an easy way to test the magnet coil with a test meter? I understand theres a thermal cutout device so is it just a continuity test?

Quoted from DrJoe:

Test for continuity across the two coil lugs. No continuity means failed thermal fuse, and therefore no magnet.

Quoted from zaphX:

For me I just noticed it hadn't been grabbed in a long time. Then go to tests, coils, loop magnet. Make sure the coin door is closed. and have a ball near the magnet while pressing start.
The test pulse is very short, not a long grab like you get in the game - but if the magnet jumps at all when you hit start, it works.

#24605 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes. If the thermal switch has died, you won't have any continuity between the two points. It's stuck in the "open/off" position when it dies. If you have continuity, check in the meter's ohm position and see if resistance is out of spec.

That magnet would have been so much better if JJP had put a temp SENSOR in there and let the software turn power on and off based on what temp it was reading. It could even compensate if it turned the magnet off to let it cool. A thermal switch was just a bad idea because their number of cycles per lifetime are pretty low for a pinball machine.

#24606 1 year ago

After watching Godfather stream, I appricate my GnR even more. GnR just makes you rock out, and it evokes emotion from you. Modes in GnR are exciting, like Coma ball lock save, album modes, songs, wizard mode. I was falling asleep to Godfather after 5 minutes of watching it and all the modes just seemed the same. Also feel like rainbow lights don't suit the Godfather theme. Love all the cool shots in Godfather and art, but overall, super happy with GnR. No Regrets. I feel like GnR is/was a special pin.

#24607 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

After watching Godfather stream, I appricate my GnR even more. GnR just makes you rock out, and it evokes emotion from you. Modes in GnR are exciting, like Coma ball lock save, album modes, songs, wizard mode. I was falling asleep to Godfather after 5 minutes of watching it and all the modes just seemed the same. Also feel like rainbow lights don't suit the Godfather theme. Love all the cool shots in Godfather and art, but overall, super happy with GnR. No Regrets. I feel like GnR is/was a special pin.

GnR is a special pin, that's for sure. But after 30 minutes of Karl's Godfather stream, I moved up bringing it in and ordered an LE. Was shocked that I liked what I saw more than I thought I would. I think it's mostly because it played like a Kingpin sequel and not a Godfather movie.

Pinball: The Addiction is Real.

#24608 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl's Godfather stream

I think that stream did the game more justice than any video, teaser, trailer, or review / first look / opinion video I've seen on it so far. Happy to see you're in.

#24609 1 year ago

I love my GNR I’m with you in that one 100%, I feel very privileged with mine, my game won’t leave my place (neither Attack From Mars Remake).
On the other side I liked The Godfather streaming, I just want/hope for more movie scenes.

My Godfather will be my 3rd JJP game and I’m very happy with my purchase.

#24610 1 year ago

I love my GNR so much it’s never leaving. But since I enjoy it so much, it’s also largely why I’m in on The Godfather.

#24611 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR is a special pin, that's for sure. But after 30 minutes of Karl's Godfather stream, I moved up bringing it in and ordered an LE. Was shocked that I liked what I saw more than I thought I would. I think it's mostly because it played like a Kingpin sequel and not a Godfather movie.
Pinball: The Addiction is Real.

LE art is simply beautiful Vic, congrats!

#24612 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I think that stream did the game more justice than any video, teaser, trailer, or review / first look / opinion video I've seen on it so far. Happy to see you're in.

I went to my distributor today and they will have a Godfather in their showroom next week so I’ll be there

On the other side while I was there I played a Cactus Canyon, a Toy Story and James Bond… Toy Story it’s a very good and fun game, Cactus Canyon was impressive honestly, (I simply loved that game) never tried those before.

#24613 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I love my GNR so much it’s never leaving. But since I enjoy it so much, it’s also largely why I’m in on The Godfather.

It will be interesting to see if GnR or Godfather stays. GnR has survived like 6 cuts (GZ Pro, GZ Prem, JP Prem, Elvira, Toy Story 4, and Bond) and is still here. I can't see letting it go, but the time for a choice on it/GF will come, probably by summer, and we'll see who is still standing.

Keeping a pinball addiction in check is BRUTAL. Non-stop Sophie's choice events.

#24614 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It will be interesting to see if GnR or Godfather stays.

Well if you only keep 2 due to addiction, I don’t see why it’s not possible they both might stay.

I told myself I’d sell a game or two for The Godfather but changed my mind already.

#24615 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Well if you only keep 2 due to addiction, I don’t see why it’s not possible they both might stay.
I told myself I’d sell a game or two for The Godfather but changed my mind already.

Never know. Maybe I will have two JJPs in the end. But there's a LOT of competition from pins I'll have at the same time, so it will be interesting.

#24616 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR has survived like 6 cuts (GZ Pro, GZ Prem, JP Prem, Elvira, Toy Story 4, and Bond) and is still here

So your bond in your profile is gone? Only GNR remains?

#24617 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I went to my distributor today and they will have a Godfather in their showroom next week so I’ll be there …
On the other side while I was there I played a Cactus Canyon, a Toy Story and James Bond… Toy Story it’s a very good and fun game, Cactus Canyon was impressive honestly, (I simply loved that game) never tried those before.

Cactus Canyon remake is a blast to play if you like the classic Bally/Williams games. The original suffered mainly due to the code never being finished. Very different game from GnR of course, but that's something I like about it.

#24618 1 year ago

GF looks good, I’m leaning towards getting a TS4 now though, then GF later. Prices have come down on TS4 and will continue to as these new pins hit the market

#24619 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Happy weekend Gunners! You want balance? We’ve had it all along. Huge shout out and thanks to MikeS for working together with this.
You want big album mode scores, we got it. You want minimized multiballs, we got it! GNR settings are mostly set to extra easy, So let the settings tuning begin! - feel free to provide feedback or input as not all of this is 100% accurate.
• album mode scoring - change adjustment “time needed to qualify album”: default is 180 secs. Change to 30 secs.
What’s this do? This will substantially increase your album mode score level. I just played a live and let die encore followed by a partial November rain and cashed out. My desert demolition mode level was 71 and I didn’t have all 4 album patches (just the UYI1)
• booster multiball difficulty: increase lights, crowd, and pyro difficulty +1.
What’s this do? Reduces the amount of multiballs, especially the sporadic rando ones. This will increase difficulty of the game, especially pyro and crowd multiball.
• max ball song saver: default is 60. Recommend lowering to 30.
• Applause time: default is 15. Recommend increasing to 30.
What’s this do? This makes up for substantially reducing the max ball saver. This will light applause jackpot sooner cutting down ball times and giving better chances of hitting it to move on.
GNR mystery spellout: default is 8. Recommend changing to 10 to reduce random mystery songs.
• super lockout timer: default is 15. Recommend increasing to 20-25
What’s this do? Increases the timer of how long balls stay locked in the powerchord before releasing. This will allow for more planting of balls reducing the amount of multiball chaos in front of flippers. Tip: new locked balls or hitting the Duff scoop will reset the timer.
• Individual songs difficulty: there’s a difficulty setting for each song, well most - night train shows up twice (bug?) and one or two aren’t there. These are default to 1, extra easy, out of about 8 (hardest).
Recommendation: i found the sweet spot to be between 2-4 - with most at 2. I’ve played with all sorts of settings and I did increase the higher scoring songs (estranged mainly) to 7 or 8.
What’s this do? It effects multiple aspects. One; it increases the # of shots to light the green scoop and move to the next wave. As such, this decreases your shot values because you’ll be leveling up the song slower so you’re final song jackpot will be lower. At difficulty 2-3 it won’t affect it too much. It’s at the higher 4+ difficulty that it really affects the jackpot values.
Additionally, this will reduce multiball chaos as you won’t be adding balls as often. I’ve tried the difficulty near max and found that it significantly slows the game down too much and found just a small bump in difficulty gave a good balance of scoring and challenge while keeping it fun.
Enjoy mofo’s!

Thanks you @iceman44! making changes today!!! Love the power chord lock settings. I going to change this one at a time from most important to least important. Bad on me for not follow this thread more diligently.

#24620 1 year ago

Decisions decisions decisions... So GNR was my first and till this day my only pin (so far). But with all the announcement I have been thinking on adding one more. GF is not doing it for me (although it looks very nice) but the pins that are making my list to be considered are:
- Cactus Canyon
- Foo Fighters
Waiting to see what Pulp Fiction and GTF will look like before making a decision but what a time to be a pin enthusiast!!!

That being said, GNR is not going anywhere as I really enjoy playing it!

#24621 1 year ago

After watching Karl's stream, I think im also in on a GF LE, but have to sell one of my other pins first.

#24622 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Waiting to see what Pulp Fiction and GTF will look like

I can save you some time and trouble. Pulp Fiction was a dream theme for me but I don’t think I will be able to get past the Data East art style or how it looks like LW3.

I still want to try it, but if I’m judging it from looks alone, it’s not coming into my collection.

#24623 1 year ago

Need some advice on a technical issue I've had since early days of owning my GnR LE, ordered on launch day, #900 something so fairly early in the run.

The sound output is inconsistent, it sometimes (rarely) just sounds fine. More often it sounds like the volume is way down or even tinny, then playing the game a bit or leaving it alone it will go back to normal. Then sometimes the music gets quiet and the voices also get quiet but not quite to the same level.

This started around the time I installed a PinWoofer, I've checked all connections in that chain and they seem solid. I contacted them for support and he attributed it to the games output from the mobo, but it was fine prior. I've messed with the gain which doesn't seem to change things.

Anyone experience this sort of issue? Running latest beta software. Thanks!

#24624 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Running latest beta software. Thanks!

If you are running the latest beta you have the equalizer.. could it be that that is what is messing up things? Have you checked the equalizer?

#24625 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

If you are running the latest beta you have the equalizer.. could it be that that is what is messing up things? Have you checked the equalizer?

I just installed the beta in the last few days. Prior to that it has been on production versions. I thought the beta improved things but as I was playing the first game for a few minutes the sound started dropping out again. I have volume levels set to factory defaults in the settings menu fwiw.

I may see if I can connect the mobo audio to a speaker and see what it sounds like, take the PinWoofer out of the chain.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24626 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I just installed the beta in the last few days. Prior to that it has been on production versions. I thought the beta improved things but as I was playing the first game for a few minutes the sound started dropping out again. I have volume levels set to factory defaults in the settings menu fwiw.
I may see if I can connect the mobo audio to a speaker and see what it sounds like, take the PinWoofer out of the chain.

You can try headsets as well to see if you have the same issue or not. That could help isolate the problem.

#24627 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

You can try headsets as well to see if you have the same issue or not. That could help isolate the problem.

Good suggestion! Be easier than finding an RCA cord to plug into a bluetooth speaker.

#24628 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I can save you some time and trouble. Pulp Fiction was a dream theme for me but I don’t think I will be able to get past the Data East art style or how it looks like LW3.
I still want to try it, but if I’m judging it from looks alone, it’s not coming into my collection.

I'll add to this and say Foo looks fun to flip, but it would be a second music pin in his 2 pin collection.
I'd opt for Cactus Canyon. It's tons of fun, not a music pin, and is a completely different style of fun game. Also readily available at below MSRP in the SE trim.

#24629 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

What are all your pinwoofer dials at?
What is your pin volume at?
Does it sound like clipping?
Do you have pinwoofer GT or ko ?
If GT, do you have the expander board deleted or is it installed?
Go into EQ also and make sure it's on flat.. select flat and save it. You can adjust later if you prefer once you get your issues resolved.

#24630 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Need some advice on a technical issue I've had since early days of owning my GnR LE, ordered on launch day, #900 something so fairly early in the run.
The sound output is inconsistent, it sometimes (rarely) just sounds fine. More often it sounds like the volume is way down or even tinny, then playing the game a bit or leaving it alone it will go back to normal. Then sometimes the music gets quiet and the voices also get quiet but not quite to the same level.
This started around the time I installed a PinWoofer, I've checked all connections in that chain and they seem solid. I contacted them for support and he attributed it to the games output from the mobo, but it was fine prior. I've messed with the gain which doesn't seem to change things.
Anyone experience this sort of issue? Running latest beta software. Thanks!

Give me a call at 208-855-0346 thanks

#24631 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Latest GNR beta bumps up the bass by default (quite a bit, imho). Your audio mods might be getting overloaded.

#24632 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Latest GNR beta bumps up the bass by default (quite a bit, imho).

Thanks for confirming I wasn’t just hearing things differently. I actually dialed my sub down a little when I fired GNR up today because it was pretty obvious there was more bass with the latest beta.

My sound seems normal and consistent otherwise though.

#24633 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

So your bond in your profile is gone? Only GNR remains?

I found a new, loving home for Bond. I had finished temp testing and the one mod for it, so it was time to go. No time to be precious about pins when literally 5 more are one the way in the next few months. That's a ton of work in a small amount of time.

I need to update my profile though, thanks for reminding me.

#24634 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Give me a call

Thanks, sent you a PM, been a busy day here so haven't had much time to futz. I did manage to remove the JJP audio filter / ground loop isolator and that seems to have made a huge improvement, so going to try replacing it. Granted I get the static when it's in attract, but without the filter I've had no drops (so far) and the game sounds louder and way more dynamic when in play than it ever has.

#24635 1 year ago

So I’m reading on the GF threads that JJP is not using Scorebit anymore. Does this mean they’re gonna brick Scorebit in older pins like GNR? How is Rolls-Royce gonna ever beat my scores now?

#24636 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

So I’m reading on the GF threads that JJP is not using Scorebit anymore. Does this mean they’re gonna brick Scorebit in older pins like GNR? How is Rolls-Royce gonna ever beat my scores now?

Did you beat my 8.5M already brother Chaka?

#24637 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you beat my 8.5M already brother Chaka?

Ha! We’ll I guess I better get it in before the lock

#24638 1 year ago

Oh wait, hold the presses! Rolls-Royce looks like I put down an 11M right before I took my unplanned vacation. Better hurry before your GF arrives

08A4C169-EF37-48AE-8314-ADCDC4C4E865 (resized).png08A4C169-EF37-48AE-8314-ADCDC4C4E865 (resized).png
#24639 1 year ago

11 Million…. Wait Chaka, I’m in my second game tonight and made 2.6 before

763FB4BA-A5B8-4674-9F06-CC56134CBBDE (resized).jpeg763FB4BA-A5B8-4674-9F06-CC56134CBBDE (resized).jpeg819A696D-8796-47AB-824C-5838AED4CBAD (resized).jpeg819A696D-8796-47AB-824C-5838AED4CBAD (resized).jpeg194B2C34-867F-4552-8CE9-BD9C0E6F16E5 (resized).jpeg194B2C34-867F-4552-8CE9-BD9C0E6F16E5 (resized).jpeg

AC9C605B-5524-4E50-98C9-CCE4CE6AD797 (resized).jpegAC9C605B-5524-4E50-98C9-CCE4CE6AD797 (resized).jpeg
#24640 1 year ago

Ok, guess I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow

#24641 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Ok, guess I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow

… I’ll beat those 11M …

2DE71D20-44F4-462D-BFC7-FABF4DB799F3 (resized).jpeg2DE71D20-44F4-462D-BFC7-FABF4DB799F3 (resized).jpeg

#24642 1 year ago

Ha! Classic. Even Slash enjoyed it

#24645 1 year ago

Finally joined the club yesterday and having an absolute blast with this game (I think I played 7 hours straight yesterday ) - I did download the update with the EQ - Do any of you audio heads have an EQ setting that would like to share ?

#24646 1 year ago

Not a bit surprised.

Edit: clarification ... Not surprised because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Won't miss it at all.

#24647 1 year ago

Jersey Jack cutting costs again? SHOCKED!

#24648 1 year ago

Jersey Jack cutting costs again? SHOCKED!

Did you use it?? Maybe they are developing their own.

#24649 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Finally joined the club yesterday and having an absolute blast with this game (I think I played 7 hours straight yesterday ) - I did download the update with the EQ - Do any of you audio heads have an EQ setting that would like to share ?

Death of Scorbit took your thunder. Congrats man!!
I keep my EQ on flat because I have pinwoofer.

#24650 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Did you use it?? Maybe they are developing their own.

Ha! They just barely got the flippers working correctly. The post from Jay says the internal JJP person for Scorbit resigned so I think JJP is going backwards at this point. At this rate of them removing stuff I’ll not be buying anymore JJPs. This was their entire nitche

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/493 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.