IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 567.
#24551 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Itā€™s been a long time.

Itā€™s been a long time.
And agreed, JJP Guns isnā€™t a pin you walk up and flip a couple games and youā€™re killing it. Instead itā€™s killing you the first 3 or 4 games. Thatā€™s why I havenā€™t got started again, I need a good 3 hour window. I have other pins that you can flip straight out the first game, so Iā€™m glad one sets a high challenge bar. It took me several years to get eternal life on Indy and only got the Billion bonus legitly once. Worth the challenge. I still think the strategies are still being figured out on this pin. So if youā€™re casually trying to enjoy this pin in a noisy bar it will be a different experience than an empty bar or home play.
Now whereā€™s my Scorbit password?
[quoted image]

Glad to see you back! I've always enjoyed your posts.

#24552 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

Glad to see you back! I've always enjoyed your posts.

Thanks dude! Seemed so far away. Definitely glad to be back

#24553 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

It has 15 songs and the LEā€™s are currently going for over MSRP at many distributors. Last I checked, the GnR LE has really dropped in value.

The unfinished code on GnR and PotC has really hurt JJP's rep. They need to address that concretely (I'm not talking about beta tidbits, actually FINISH THE JOB) and the value will return.

#24554 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The unfinished code on GnR and PotC has really hurt JJP's rep. They need to address that concretely (I'm not talking about beta tidbits, actually FINISH THE JOB) and the value will return.

Yep, when I'm playing it in tournaments, people always ask why and how I cancel the wizard modes or trap up in a slash solo...Totally unbalanced in that respect of point association...I get that GnR is an experience pin, but the risk reward is far from good once locked into a mini wizard

#24555 1 year ago

Yeah they seem unavoidable. I used to be able to avoid fireball in TOTAN as is was a distraction from the modes. Iā€™m just trying to build up the Song modes in GNR and hit a random switch and boom, mini multiball. They need to be a little more deliberate and difficult to set off. If I accidentally sneeze bam, Slash multiball. Iā€™m fine with the song multiballs

#24556 1 year ago

Yeah they seem unavoidable. I used to be able to avoid fireball in TOTAN as is was a distraction from the modes. Iā€™m just trying to build up the Song modes in GNR and hit a random switch and boom, mini multiball. They need to be a little more deliberate and difficult to set off. If I accidentally sneeze bam, Slash multiball. Iā€™m fine with the song multiballs

Be better Chaka.

#24557 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Be better Chaka.

Quoted from Vespula:

Be better Chaka.

Ha! Maybe after I actually get 50 games on my machine

#24558 1 year ago

Change your game settings like this and you will enjoy it more:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/427#post-6895594

#24559 1 year ago

Oh damn, thanks!

FB866DA2-3C5E-4DC2-BC91-52E7D5FCDCFA.gifFB866DA2-3C5E-4DC2-BC91-52E7D5FCDCFA.gif
#24560 1 year ago

Jeezā€¦I should have read this too!

#24561 1 year ago

Either way it will not replace GNR but compliment it

i second that. My GnR ain't ever leaving. I love it to much. As long there is room for another pin i ain't even contemplating moving it. It's rocksolid at the end of the line with the concertposters visible. It's stunning.

#24562 1 year ago

Yesterday I installed a Pinwoofer Super Kit for my Wonka and cannot be happier than that. The game was sounding ok when I've got it but now ... man, what a difference !!!! ... everything is more dynamic, way clearer, can get very loud if you want without any loss in quality, you can hear and feel the bass now. Installation was way longer than I first thought but I really took my time, wanna succeed in my first try so I double/triple checked everything.

Dan (Pinwoofer) gave me an incredible customer service and gave me advices along the way. I know that I'm on a GnR forum but since GnR and WW use the same Pinwoofer kit, I just wanted everyone to know how much a difference it makes. Kudos to Dan, Kudos to Pinwoofer. This is a serious product for those wants the best and nothing less. You can't un-heard it once you try it. Perfect experience, perfect product. 10/10.

#24563 1 year ago

Thanks for this Vic.

Next week I want to try some of those settingsā€¦ (After two years probably Iā€™ll increase my 8.5M record to the 8 figures now )

#24564 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thanks for this Vic.
Next week I want to try some of those settingsā€¦ (After two years probably Iā€™ll increase my 8.5M record to the 8 figures now )

Eskaybee is the real deal. Very thoughtful, comprehensive list of tweaks to settings we all have right now that really works to make the game more enjoyable.

#24565 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eskaybee is the real deal. Very thoughtful, comprehensive list of tweaks to settings we all have right now that really works to make the game more enjoyable.

It is definitely an improvement.Now bring out the code updates!( not beta)

#24566 1 year ago

Will PinMonk or its product be available at Texas pinball festival?

#24567 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

Will PinMonk or its product be available at Texas pinball festival?

Unfortunately I won't be there. Pinball life carries some of my stuff and may be at the show, I don't know.

#24568 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a great game if you just want to walk up and have a great time for 30 or 45 minutes. As a recovering pinball addict, I try to keep my pin count to 2 maximum. GnR has survived almost 2 years of pinball rotation and is still here. I've kept it while sending away Mando Prem, Godzilla Pro, Godzilla Prem, Toy Story 4, Jurassic Park Prem, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, and Elvira HoH. I'd like to have Jurassic Prem and Elvira back some day.
The important point is, not everyone dislikes GnR. It's a perfect pin for me because I don't get a lot of time to play anymore between temp testing and modding new pins and real life work. So when I get a chance, I play GnR for fun, rock out for a bit and am satisfied.

+1 Iā€™ve had my GNR 2+ years. Still love it.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the kudos!

#24569 1 year ago

Itā€™s been a long time.
And agreed, JJP Guns isnā€™t a pin you walk up and flip a couple games and youā€™re killing it. Instead itā€™s killing you the first 3 or 4 games. Thatā€™s why I havenā€™t got started again, I need a good 3 hour window. I have other pins that you can flip straight out the first game, so Iā€™m glad one sets a high challenge bar. It took me several years to get eternal life on Indy and only got the Billion bonus legitly once. Worth the challenge. I still think the strategies are still being figured out on this pin. So if youā€™re casually trying to enjoy this pin in a noisy bar it will be a different experience than an empty bar or home play.
Now whereā€™s my Scorbit password?
[quoted image]

Diary of a Madman (Ozzys BEST ALBUM) would make a KILLER PIN.

#24570 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Diary of a Madman (Ozzys BEST ALBUM) would make a KILLER PIN.

Ha! you noticed that. Itā€™s a signed copy. This is a sight unseen CE buy for me

#24571 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Done, I did all the changes(except the songā€™s difficulty)ā€¦ by the way fellas, how can I change in the screen "Video + Concert" while playing a song for just ā€œConcert"?

Thanks for posting this @eskaybee, and thanks again PinMonk for the suggestion.

#24572 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

how can I change in the screen "Video + Concert" while playing a song for just ā€œConcert"?

It's in the system settings Rolls .

IMG_20230306_191754 (resized).jpgIMG_20230306_191754 (resized).jpg
#24573 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's in the system settings Rolls .
[quoted image]

Excellent, found it! Thanks Scream.

#24574 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Excellent, found it! Thanks Scream.

IMG_20230306_201916 (resized).jpgIMG_20230306_201916 (resized).jpg
#24575 1 year ago

Is that Pinball Jesus?

#24576 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is that Pinball Jesus?

Ha ha , it's buddy Jesus from Dogma

IMG_20230306_230411 (resized).jpgIMG_20230306_230411 (resized).jpg
#24577 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

100% agreed. Same here. Over 2+ years and still rocking this bad boy!!!

#24578 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

100% agreed. Same here. Over 2+ years and still rocking this bad boy!!!

This game kicks ass, I've owned over 20 pins in my life, this one is top 2 for me all time.

#24579 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This game kicks ass, I've owned over 20 pins in my life, this one is top 2 for me all time.

1 is gz?

#24580 1 year ago

No, 1 is my avatar...T2 Nothing beats it for me in terms of pure adrenaline and capturing a magical time for arcades...

I own GZ Prem, it's not even in my top 5...Ball times are too long, too easy...My son loves it, but I just cannot get there with it, was the same for me and JP

Something about GnR always pulls me in, it's so deep, but so simple too; special game for me

#24581 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

No, 1 is my avatar...T2 Nothing beats it for me in terms of pure adrenaline and capturing a magical time for arcades...
I own GZ Prem, it's not even in my top 5...Ball times are too long, too easy...My son loves it, but I just cannot get there with it, was the same for me and JP
Something about GnR always pulls me in, it's so deep, but so simple too; special game for me

That's why I guessed gz since it was in your collection... T2 isn't! I agree on GNR. I've been playing Rush and it's been creating distance with GNR but when I get back and play, is definitely special.

#24582 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's why I guessed gz since it was in your collection... T2 isn't! I agree on GNR. I've been playing Rush and it's been creating distance with GNR but when I get back and play, is definitely special.

I know, I sold T2 towards a SW Prem years ago...I regret it...Limited space wah...One day I'll get it back

#24583 1 year ago

I turned on my machine and the spotlight and hex LED's are all out. Any help on where I should start looking? Cheers.

#24584 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I turned on my machine and the spotlight and hex LED's are all out. Any help on where I should start looking? Cheers.

Have you tried reseating them or looking at the fuses .

IMG_20230307_223413 (resized).jpgIMG_20230307_223413 (resized).jpg
#24585 1 year ago

dsmoke1986 I like to hear this- I am officially joining the club Friday- looking forward to it

#24586 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I know, I sold T2 towards a SW Prem years ago...I regret it...Limited space wah...One day I'll get it back

Are you trying to sell your gz for T2 or FF?

#24587 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I am on my second standard version. The only thing I really hated was the plastic stage. So, I got rid of it and replaced it with a snake wireform. Strong shots go to head weaker come back and go to sling. Love the game as a result. No idea of any effect on rules as the head has ramp made switch, but just dont care. My first mod was a boa, second rattlesnake and seeing where the third goes. If theres enough interest I would sell this as a mod. You have to lose the stage to do so, but I really liked moving the guitar to back left corner.
Great game and best music pin for me.

655715BA-3106-46CD-9C91-477B1B01CEA6 (resized).jpeg655715BA-3106-46CD-9C91-477B1B01CEA6 (resized).jpegA90FA1CF-AA96-4F75-9CB4-E6A111543A27 (resized).jpegA90FA1CF-AA96-4F75-9CB4-E6A111543A27 (resized).jpeg0A14CBDB-7D76-495E-B784-46C3E9224FBE (resized).jpeg0A14CBDB-7D76-495E-B784-46C3E9224FBE (resized).jpeg5403546A-F483-41D0-AE67-F1D2F518FF85 (resized).jpeg5403546A-F483-41D0-AE67-F1D2F518FF85 (resized).jpeg84AA1BE9-315C-4EA4-AB82-218BBC139659 (resized).jpeg84AA1BE9-315C-4EA4-AB82-218BBC139659 (resized).jpegABD506BD-8F7B-49BF-9027-D4B408867500 (resized).jpegABD506BD-8F7B-49BF-9027-D4B408867500 (resized).jpeg
#24588 1 year ago

^^^ Awesome
Super interesting approach to this game.
Would love to play this version sometime.

#24589 1 year ago

I took my stage out too. I like always seeing the ball at all times.

404BFE5D-73FC-4BD5-BAB6-4D101B0B0BDA (resized).jpeg404BFE5D-73FC-4BD5-BAB6-4D101B0B0BDA (resized).jpeg
#24590 1 year ago

So I was looking at Ericā€™s new pin & others and have to say GNR CE is the high bar CE. 500 units (not 1000), a little more packed than GF, FF and way more than Bond. Plus the original price of GNR CE vs everything now (only a couple years ago) is nuts. Ericā€™s game looks great, and so does FF (I think I like FF better, but need to play both first), so looking forward to trying them on location. Meanwhile Iā€™m calling GNR CE the king of CEs on bang for the buck

#24591 1 year ago

So I was looking at Ericā€™s new pin & others and have to say GNR CE is the high bar CE. 500 units (not 1000), a little more packed than GF, FF and way more than Bond. Plus the original price of GNR CE vs everything now (only a couple years ago) is nuts. Ericā€™s game looks great, and so does FF (I think I like FF better, but need to play both first), so looking forward to trying them on location. Meanwhile Iā€™m calling GNR CE the king of CEs on bang for the buck

Pretty sure POTC is the best JJP CE bang for your buck.

#24592 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you trying to sell your gz for T2 or FF?

Need to move GZ to make room for GF now; I really want GF...I can only imagine if it's nearly as good as GNR, and will be like the perfect compliment to it

#24593 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

dsmoke1986 I like to hear this- I am officially joining the club Friday- looking forward to it

You are going to love it...I am a huge GnR fan, so the theme was an A+ for me.

My advice: Just give the pin time, let it marinate...It's hard to explain, but the risk/reward is so fun, however it's the only pin where if I miss out on a huge jackpot, I get pissed, but in a good way, I know what I did wrong, and it's my fault, not the pins.

It's such a relaxing game to play for me, but also a blood pumping pin...So unique, I have never had a pin quite like it, and I've owned a lot of them over the last 10 years.

#24594 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Nah, Pirates is great, but you can't touch an LE for less than about 18k. I have no idea what a CE costs, because they never come up for sale. Maybe 25k? You can get a GnR CE for 10k less than that. By definition of "bang for your buck", GnR wins.

#24595 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Possibly

200 run Sure POTC
Packed Assets Yup slight edge POTC (except they removed the original triple spinning magnet, but left it in the graphics )
GNR CE has the exclusive coma ball lock
Does POTC have a mininplayfield LCD?
Price - well original price, edge to POTC, price today GNR
Deep rule set - Tie?
Theme Integration small edge to GNR but both good
Fun Factor - GNR, never found that satisfying shot in POTC
Wow & Cool factor - GNR
Art Package & PF - GNR
Topper - hmmm slight edge POTC
Code - well both unfinished?

So theyā€™re close, both are legit CEs and actually rare compared to everything released in the last 4 years

I was mostly comparing to new and recent pins, but since you mentioned POTC this is my opinion and breakdown between the 2

#24596 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Have you tried reseating them or looking at the fuses .
[quoted image]

Yes tried reseating cables and checked fuses in backbox. Also checked and confirmed power going into the hex lights board, which also feeds the spotlights. Thinking it may be the hex lights board. Open to other suggestions.

#24597 1 year ago

Today marks the one-year anniversary of me getting my first (& only) pin - the GNR SE. I told my wife that if it ever stopped working beyond my ability to repair it, we'd sell it so it wouldn't just be taking up space. 365 days, several flipper rubbers, a handful of silicone rings, one bumper yoke replacement, two scoop snubbers, and some blue Loctite later, and we're still flipping away in my home - with no end in sight.

Big thanks to everyone here for all the advice and tech help along the way. I'd be lost without you!

#24598 1 year ago

What brand are the stock flipper rubbers that JJP uses on GNR? Anyone know?

#24599 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nah, Pirates is great, but you can't touch an LE for less than about 18k. I have no idea what a CE costs, because they never come up for sale. Maybe 25k? You can get a GnR CE for 10k less than that. By definition of "bang for your buck", GnR wins.

"Bang for your Buck" is relative to perspective. I was looking at it from the perspective of an original buyer of a CE. If I bought an original JJPOTC-CE vs. a GNR-CE I would be way ahead on capital gains with the POTC than a GNR. CEs of POTC have gone for 30-35K on an original price tag of 12.5K.

#24600 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

"Bang for your Buck" is relative to perspective. I was looking at it from the perspective of an original buyer of a CE. If I bought an original JJPOTC-CE vs. a GNR-CE I would be way ahead on capital gains with the POTC than a GNR. CEs of POTC have gone for 30-35K on an original price tag of 12.5K.

No, by definition, that's not what bang for your buck means. What you're describing is "return on investment". BFYB is what you can buy right now for current market value vs. amount of fun you get for said market value. ROI is what you paid originally vs. current market value regardless of fun factor. That's not a perspective, That's definition, and GnR is a better BFYB than PoTC. While PoTC is a better ROI than GnR. Got it? Shit, I've had too much bourbon......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/492?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.