pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 491 of 562.
#24501 1 year ago

Need the magnet to grab that extra ball!!

#24502 1 year ago

I don't believe magnet fires during frenzy. And getting the extra ball during multiball can be difficult depending on settings. If It can't hit a pop beforehand then multiball makes that difficult as there are always balls in the pops.

#24503 1 year ago

Spent a little time the last couple of days looking at foo fighter threads.
I think the funniest post was saying It’s the best rock pin ever lol
Only eight songs and appears to look like Rock & Roll Scooby Doo!

#24504 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ya it’s already the best rock pin ever even though only a handful of people actually played it…crazy pinside people

#24505 1 year ago

Well... gotta be consistent and truthful. FF does look pretty good and, IMHO, the best band attempt by Stern.
Still expect to prefer GNR.

#24506 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There’s a large vocal contingent of brand loyal Stern fans on pinside

#24507 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Well... gotta be consistent and truthful. FF does look pretty good and, IMHO, the best band attempt by Stern.

It looks like a super fast shooter and a fun pin But GnR kicks rock&roll ass!!!

#24508 1 year ago

I also saw that post in the FF hype thread. I find that most GnR haters fall into one (or more) of a few categories.

1) They absolutely hate the band, especially the newer version.
2) They have only played a few games in a noisy bar on a poorly set up machine
3) They have absolutely zero idea of the rules or how the game works
4) They are steadfast JJP haters
5) They've never actually even played it and are repeating what they've read from others.

GnR is finicky. It takes a well set up machine, volumes and EQ adjusted properly, more than a couple games, and a nice quiet home environment to truly appreciate what this game has to offer. Foo Fighters looks like a fun layout, BUT.... best rock pin ever?!! Put down the crack pipe my man.....

#24509 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I enjoyed the complaints about no call-outs being done by members of the band and the color scheme.

Quoted from R_Coles:

There’s a large vocal contingent of brand loyal Stern fans on pinside

And judging by how aggressive they are, some of those fans could possibly even be planted or on the Stern payroll.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Foo Fighters looks like a fun layout, BUT.... best rock pin ever?!! Put down the crack pipe my man.....

Well said. I'm off to go play my GNR now. Same thing I went to do after 5 minutes of the Foo twitch stream yesterday.

#24510 1 year ago

… Chaka you came back! …. You was lost in the Land of the Lost or what

33A39E98-305F-42DB-83A1-A91D3BF3CC19.jpeg33A39E98-305F-42DB-83A1-A91D3BF3CC19.jpeg
#24511 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… Chaka you came back! …. You was lost in the Land of the Lost or what [quoted image]

… whaaa….t … the F!

391F4CD7-69B1-468B-A118-A35824BD3E72 (resized).png391F4CD7-69B1-468B-A118-A35824BD3E72 (resized).png
#24512 1 year ago

Thechakapakuni2 created December 29

Got me.
Nice.
Cousin?
Screenshot_20230302-221204 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230302-221204 (resized).png

#24513 1 year ago

Recently installed the latest beta code for the first time and I’m struggling to find the EQ in the settings I’ve heard you folks talk about. Any chance you can direct me where to find it?!

#24514 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Any chance you can direct me where to find it?!

Full Menu - Utilities - Graphic Equalizer

LTG : )
Former jjp Tech

#24515 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… whaaa….t … the F! [quoted image]

Quoted from Vespula:

Thechakapakuni2 created December 29
Got me.
Nice.
Cousin?
[quoted image]

Wait, what?? What's going on here? Is he actually back??

#24516 1 year ago

Wait, what?? What's going on here? Is he actually back??

…yes indeed CoolCat, confirmed yesterday

#24517 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Why not use the original id?
Where's the proof? I could have created that account.

Until thechakapakuni2 comes forward and confirm himself then chaka#1 is still trapped in a pylon or grumpy ate him or sleestaks maybe have him prisoner or something.

Plus I just read all 18 of chaka#2 posts and not sure it sounds like him either but V2 probably should be different.

#24518 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

He needs to get his ass in here and explain his absence

#24519 1 year ago

He needs to get his ass in here and explain his absence

And if he still has his GNR!

#24520 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And if he still has his GNR!

He does, he told me …. So time to see your scores Chaka

#24521 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

He does, he told me …. So time to see your scores Chaka

Yup, it’s true. I’m back mutha fkrs! What a journey through hell and back. Let’s just say I’m lucky to be typing this at all. I’ll probably post a detailed post of everything sometime in the future separately. I don’t want t cloud this thread. I will say it’s probably going to be easier to say what didn’t happen vs what did. I’m glad to be alive. Very glad to see everyone is still here and pinball is still cranking out new machines. I still have my GNR, you know it (both of them DE & JJP). Probably got about 20 games in before all hell broke loose so the JJP is pristine. Will be flipping soon and posting nonsense here as expected. My old account is locked out, but so is the old me so that’s fine. It will be a capsule in time. Thanks for everyone that reached out, I guess I figured I sneak back in here. We’ll it’s Friday and weather is great, sounds like a perfect day for some pinball

#24522 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I’m glad to be alive.

Glad you are too. And back.

LTG : )

#24523 1 year ago

Yup, it’s true. I’m back mutha fkrs! What a journey through hell and back. Let’s just say I’m lucky to be typing this at all. I’ll probably post a detailed post of everything sometime in the future separately. I don’t want t cloud this thread. I will say it’s probably going to be easier to say what didn’t happen vs what did. I’m glad to be alive. Very glad to see everyone is still here and pinball is still cranking out new machines. I still have my GNR, you know it (both of them DE & JJP). Probably got about 20 games in before all hell broke loose so the JJP is pristine. Will be flipping soon and posting nonsense here as expected. My old account is locked out, but so is the old me so that’s fine. It will be a capsule in time. Thanks for everyone that reached out, I guess I figured I sneak back in here. We’ll it’s Friday and weather is great, sounds like a perfect day for some pinball

You were missed! Great comeback! The hole is filled.
Now, time to...

#24524 1 year ago

Just wait for the new slash solo! Mama Mia !

#24525 1 year ago

Ha! It’s funny my DE GNR has a Pinsound installed. Every time you get the snake pit shooter lane, the Slash Godfather solo plays. Pretty classic. Looking forward to Eric’s next design, looks packed

#24526 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The funniest thing I saw , was in the promo video , when they say " it brings a rock concert experience to the home environment " .
Obviously the guy hasn't seen the game , it has nothing to do with a rock concert .
The game looks fun and good on anyone who wants to get it , but as a "band" pinball machine GNR still rules

#24527 1 year ago

Great to see you back chucker .
If you want to get your old profile back , reach out to robin , he was great in helping me out in a similar situation .

#24528 1 year ago

What I really like about GNR is that you are not constantly listening to songs during normal play. You get jam music and then songs start when decide to start them.

With FF, the songs are always playing whether it’s normal play or during a mode. My opinion, FF has a ton of B level hits. Like Nickleback. You hear them on the radio all the time. For a casual FF fan like I consider myself (I’d never buy an album but will listen to the song sometimes on radio) the constant music will become grating despite what looks like a fun layout.

I wish there was jam music during normal play and save the songs for modes and wizards.

Back to GNR…bring on a code update!!

#24529 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

What I really like about GNR is that you are not constantly listening to songs during normal play. You get jam music and then songs start when decide to start them.

This guy gets it! I still don’t, and never will understand the appeal for the way any other music pin was done. Forget about whether or not you like the band or layout, GNR was such a great and well needed fresh take from the typical cut and paste rinse and repeat method.

And I am also not suggesting the other music pins suck or aren’t fun. But GNR was so much different in so many ways, none of which I think are bad.

#24530 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

With FF, the songs are always playing whether it’s normal play or during a mode. My opinion, FF has a ton of B level hits. Like Nickleback. You hear them on the radio all the time. For a casual FF fan like I consider myself (I’d never buy an album but will listen to the song sometimes on radio) the constant music will become grating despite what looks like a fun layout.
I wish there was jam music during normal play and save the songs for modes and wizards.

To add to that...

The songs that were constantly playing were constantly interrupted. It was especially annoying when a song would get to the rockin part and abruptly stop because a mode would start.

It was almost as if the player is supposed to tune the music out because it's really just background noise.

The FF streams made me appreciate GnR more because it became clear that JJP made a machine that was about the music. All of their decisions from the "jam" soundtrack, to the instrument sounds, to the song being the big moment of the game.

I'll just throw this out there...if we were going to define a music pin, I don't think any other pin does it better than GnR.

#24531 1 year ago
Quoted from killborn:

The songs that were constantly playing were constantly interrupted. It was especially annoying when a song would get to the rockin part and abruptly stop because a mode would start.

Another fantastic point. I sort of feel bad for those who disagree and hate on GNR. Their loss, I suppose. Glad we’re all in good company here aside from the random trolls.

#24532 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

This X1000000. Just playing the bands music while you pinball is so old, repetitive and boring.

I think TOOL would make a sweet pin. So much content; music, songs, instrumentals, sound effects. Anyway, back to GNR. Best band pin (minus slash solo).

#24533 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think TOOL would make a sweet pin.

Most definitely, especially with how intricate their music is. It would be epic but it would have to be JJP.

#24534 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This X1000000. Just playing the bands music while you pinball is so old, repetitive and boring.
I think TOOL would make a sweet pin. So much content; music, songs, instrumentals, sound effects. Anyway, back to GNR. Best band pin (minus slash solo).

Tool would be great to listen to while slapping the ball around…Korn would be pretty awesome too.

#24535 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed the shooter lane cliffy protectors tonight. Not the easiest task, but not too bad.
1. Remove the apron and carefully rest it on top of the playfield. It's held on with two screws and two nuts underneath. Can't say I like this design, but it's ok.
2. Remove the shooter mechanism and rest it on the support rail.
3. Remove the first four screws of the rail so you can pull up the light rail enough to slide the protector under it being careful not to crack it. The screws holding the light rail down are long so you have to pull the rail up quite a bit to slide the cliffy under it.
Trough side protector is pretty standard, just three easily accessible screws.
Took me about 30 mins.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. Cliff didn't have the GnR instructions on his site and this was helpful.

#24536 1 year ago
Quoted from killborn:To add to that...
It was almost as if the player is supposed to tune the music out because it's really just background noise.
The FF streams made me appreciate GnR more because it became clear that JJP made a machine that was about the music. All of their decisions from the "jam" soundtrack, to the instrument sounds, to the song being the big moment of the game.
I'll just throw this out there...if we were going to define a music pin, I don't think any other pin does it better than GnR.

Agreed! I owned iron maiden and the song you chose would constantly get interrupted by the modes. I also owned Led zeppelin and while that game treated every song you chose as a mode that you had to play through and didn’t get interrupted, GNR still is the superior format for a music pin. Feels like a concert!

#24537 1 year ago

I picked up this game again pretty much as a cool jukebox because I don't much enjoy the actual gameplay. It does look and sound amazing though (with pinwoofer kit). I find guests hate it because it’s a music pin that many people don’t get to hear any music. They get the game beeping and booping around trying to qualify a song and have no idea what is going on, then the game ends. The experience isn't great.

I would love a mode option to just pick a song and play for points. Just one ball the whole time that gives you penalties for drains or something like that but let’s you experience the concert aspect without the annoying crap in the beginning. Keep the level progression from the game during the song since objectives are already coded. I would play that to chase song leaderboards way more than the actual game.

#24538 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I picked up this game again pretty much as a cool jukebox because I don't much enjoy the actual gameplay. It does look and sound amazing though (with pinwoofer kit). I find guests hate it because it’s a music pin that many people don’t get to hear any music. They get the game beeping and booping around trying to qualify a song and have no idea what is going on, then the game ends. The experience isn't great.
I would love a mode option to just pick a song and play for points. Just one ball the whole time that gives you penalties for drains or something like that but let’s you experience the concert aspect without the annoying crap in the beginning. Keep the level progression from the game during the song since objectives are already coded. I would play that to chase song leaderboards way more than the actual game.

You bought the game to use as a jukebox? Would just buying GNR’s greatest hits on cd for $10 be a better option if you hate the gameplay?

#24539 1 year ago

I really love GnR and the layout looks amazing. So many people
Bag on this game. I want to buy it but am afraid. Can’t find one in the wild to try and see if I like it.

#24540 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You bought the game to use as a jukebox? Would just buying GNR’s greatest hits on cd for $10 be a better option if you hate the gameplay?

I mean it kind of feels like that at the moment. I love the band and I love pinball, so I wanted an experience that brings the two together. I don't love the build part of the game but I really enjoy the gameplay during songs. Not knocking anyone who loves it all as I wrote that I just personally don't enjoy it much and guests have not either. You can go love the game all you want and you are not wrong, everyone has their own opinions.

Main thing I was trying to get to is that I would have loved a mode to just play songs for leaderboards. Not saying get rid of the main game, just an alternate mode. Maybe a huge hurdle to code but I'm just throwing out what I would enjoy. This is just a pin I would like to have a drink and kind of vibe out with. I do enjoy deep games, I just don't love the code of this one. Wondering what all other people would want in a code update.

#24541 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Bag on this game. I want to buy it but am afraid. Can’t find one in the wild to try and see if I like it.

Check the pinside map to see who has one around you, make a friend and bring them a beverage

If you're ever in Ohio, I like root beer.

#24542 1 year ago

Main thing I was trying to get to is that I would have loved a mode to just play songs for leaderboards.

Most of the point of the game is to get to a song and to be able to play through the whole thing and get an encore or more than one encore.

I don’t play it to qualify album modes. They’re not bad but not worth a lot of points.

It’s really not difficult to get to a song, then you can interrupt the selection and pick the song you want to start with if you don’t like what they give you.

You can adjust a lot of the game settings to make it even faster to get to start a song but in all reality you want to build up the lights, pyro, crowd and amps first for more points. Plus try and lock as many balls as possible so you have a better chance at getting huge points and completing the songs. Throw in some choice patches for even larger points before you begin songs.

There’s plenty of talk in here about settings and adjustments and strategy so I’m confident if you just revisit what you’re doing a little bit that you’ll find this was the game you always wanted it to be. It’s really versatile.

#24543 1 year ago

They get the game beeping and booping around trying to qualify a song and have no idea what is going on, then the game ends.

I can see how it might be overwhelming at first. Start simple. Help guide them. They basically just need to qualify each band member to get to a song. To do that, it’s just a few shots in all the various places on the playfield. Take a look at it, it’s pretty simple to see where the members are and with the revolver chamber on the playfield you can see which ones are qualified or still need qualified.

If you and guests just looked it over together quick before playing and just do a quick crash course on where everything is, it will probably make a lot more sense and not overwhelm anyone as much.

As soon as you have all members you can start a song. No need to worry with locking balls or the booster multiballs or patches if you just want to get to the song as quick as possible (with or without changing settings to help make that happen even faster).

Once you get to that point then maybe introduce more strategy like patches, boosters and locked balls as you all progress as you and them get more comfortable and familiar with it.

Hope this helps.

#24544 1 year ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

It's a great game if you just want to walk up and have a great time for 30 or 45 minutes. As a recovering pinball addict, I try to keep my pin count to 2 maximum. GnR has survived almost 2 years of pinball rotation and is still here. I've kept it while sending away Mando Prem, Godzilla Pro, Godzilla Prem, Toy Story 4, Jurassic Park Prem, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, and Elvira HoH. I'd like to have Jurassic Prem and Elvira back some day.

The important point is, not everyone dislikes GnR. It's a perfect pin for me because I don't get a lot of time to play anymore between temp testing and modding new pins and real life work. So when I get a chance, I play GnR for fun, rock out for a bit and am satisfied.

#24545 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just joined the Gunners club recently and tonight the first time I fired up the jukebox.Not just music but concert footage and animations!
Oh and the crew here play the shit out of game!

#24546 1 year ago

It’s been a long time.

And agreed, JJP Guns isn’t a pin you walk up and flip a couple games and you’re killing it. Instead it’s killing you the first 3 or 4 games. That’s why I haven’t got started again, I need a good 3 hour window. I have other pins that you can flip straight out the first game, so I’m glad one sets a high challenge bar. It took me several years to get eternal life on Indy and only got the Billion bonus legitly once. Worth the challenge. I still think the strategies are still being figured out on this pin. So if you’re casually trying to enjoy this pin in a noisy bar it will be a different experience than an empty bar or home play.

Now where’s my Scorbit password?

D0602A1C-7B70-479E-B18A-B5052D9EC556 (resized).jpegD0602A1C-7B70-479E-B18A-B5052D9EC556 (resized).jpeg
#24547 1 year ago

It’s been a long time.
And agreed, JJP Guns isn’t a pin you walk up and flip a couple games and you’re killing it. Instead it’s killing you the first 3 or 4 games. That’s why I haven’t got started again, I need a good 3 hour window. I have other pins that you can flip straight out the first game, so I’m glad one sets a high challenge bar. It took me several years to get eternal life on Indy and only got the Billion bonus legitly once. Worth the challenge. I still think the strategies are still being figured out on this pin. So if you’re casually trying to enjoy this pin in a noisy bar it will be a different experience than an empty bar or home play.
Now where’s my Scorbit password?
[quoted image]

…besides that beautiful Limited Edition, you own 2 Masterpieces that I like a lot brother:

1.Your Data East GNR.
2.and that KISS.

7E8D8875-8115-4670-BB01-CCCC6755D684 (resized).jpeg7E8D8875-8115-4670-BB01-CCCC6755D684 (resized).jpeg
#24548 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

It has 15 songs and the LE’s are currently going for over MSRP at many distributors. Last I checked, the GnR LE has really dropped in value. Not complaining as my GnR LE will be sitting next to my Foo Fighters LE when that machine arrives in 8 weeks. I expect Foo will shoot A LOT better than the GnR but won’t have as good of a light show.

#24549 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…besides that beautiful Limited Edition, you own 2 Masterpieces that I like a lot brother:
1.Your Data East GNR.
2.and that KISS.[quoted image]

Thanks and yup, they all play differently and are fun. I think I have more songs in my DE vs JJP thanks to pinsound. KISS is classic on its own

#24550 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

It has 15 songs and the LE’s are currently going for over MSRP at many distributors. Last I checked, the GnR LE has really dropped in value. Not complaining as my GnR LE will be sitting next to my Foo Fighters LE when that machine arrives in 8 weeks. I expect Foo will shoot A LOT better than the GnR but won’t have as good of a light show.

Yeah if I was a huge FF fan the LE would be on the way. It looks pretty damn good and agree looks better than Sterns other rock pins. If I play FF and am blown away I might pay scalper prices for the LE but think there’s some FOMO rn. Need to play it first. Either way it will not replace GNR but compliment it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 491 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/491?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.