IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 490 of 567.
#24451 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I've played both Rush and GNR, they are completely different games.

Yes, I have both.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

but when you really take the time to understand the game, it's UNREAL!

Yes

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

but GnR is a pretty damn great game once you understand the rules and mechanics a bit. Most people who dismiss the game don't quite understand it. Is it perfect? No. But it's very immersive and has huge risk vs. reward aspects at the core of the gameplay. It's a beautiful machine and has more flow than some people will lead you to believe

Yes

#24452 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

GNR owners thread for the game, not the band.
I will give you credit there, the fact that he is actually putting forth effort to sing.

Definitely could be a lot worse...

#24453 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, you know it!

#24454 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is he singing in Portuguese?

#24455 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is he singing in Portuguese?

No. That would be an improvement and easier to understand I'm afraid.

#24456 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No. That would be an improvement and easier to understand I'm afraid.

Interested to see if part of his forced weight loss for the new tour included cardio training so he can actually sing while moving, or if they just lipo'd him again for aesthetic purposes and Vince still won't have the stamina to sing live.

I do find the videos people subtitle of his gibberish live endlessly entertaining, though.

#24457 1 year ago

New owner here!Since GnR has been in the lineup the wife has started playing pinball again.We’re actually learning the rules together.Anyway my son Andrew came over and fired up GnR and played four games straight.When he finished he turned around to me and says Now that’s the every music pin should be!Damn that was fun!

#24458 1 year ago

So about those snubber rubbers…. I just had to do another one and perfected a 5 minute method!!! Video and instructions coming ASAP.

#24459 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So about those snubber rubbers…. I just had to do another one and perfected a 5 minute method!!! Video and instructions coming ASAP.

Wow… looking forward to it.
Thanks

#24460 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

every music pin should be

Felt the same, that's why this is the only music pin I ever bought.

Quoted from dug:

Wow… looking forward to it.
Thanks

Same! And you're welcome!

Here we go...

Put up a page that hosts the video with the brief instructions here:

https://pinballer.info/news/pinball-repair/how-to-change-a-jjp-gnr-snubber-rubber-in-under-5-minutes/

#24461 1 year ago

How to change your Jersey Jack Guns N' Roses pinball machine snubber rubber in under 5 minutes!!!

*** DISCLAIMER ***

USE EXTREME CAUTION. You risk serious damage to your playfield using this method as the metal guards around the scoop can dig into, and damage your playfield if you try to rotate them out of the way.

You can still get in there much faster and easier with this method, but instead of moving the metal guards, an 8mm ratcheting wrench or a small 8mm socket & ratchet will likely be the best approach for fastest completion and minimal risk of damage. - END OF DISCLAIMER.

After coming up with the relatively quick under 30 minute method that didn't require completely removing the upper playfield, I decided to go about it a different way.

All you need to do is remove 2 Philips head screws that hold the scoop, take the scoop out, and take off the 8mm nuts holding the snubber on with an 8mm ratcheting wrench or small 8mm socket.  Fast and easy!  Then just reassemble.

*** REMINDER - do not move the metal guides that hold the snubbers as I did in the video or you risk serious potential damage to your playfield!!!

#24462 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

New dates for concerts in US. Just got 4 tix to the San Antonio show sept 26th!!!!

I got 2 tickets to the Vancouver BC show this morning!

#24463 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

How to change your Jersey Jack Guns N' Roses pinball machine snubber rubber in under 5 minutes!!!
After coming up with the relatively quick under 30 minute method that didn't require completely removing the upper playfield, I decided to go about it a different way.
All you need to do is remove 2 Philips head screws that hold the scoop, take the scoop out, slide the metal piece that holds the snubber away from the scoop so you can get to the nuts, and take off the 8mm nuts holding the snubber on with a bit driver.  Fast and easy!  Then just reassemble.

I could hardly believe it was this easy. It was either dumb luck by design, or it was actually planned into the design.
I'd love to hear what Eric Meunier has to say about it. I'm somewhat surprised he didn't chime in with this secret or tip once it became a more common practice for people to have to deal with as their snubbers wore apart or broke.
Regardless, here we are. 2 simple tools - a long Philips screwdriver, and an 8mm bit driver were all I needed. And Patience! But much less of it.

Thanks for sharing. This should be a sticky post.

#24464 1 year ago

It is now a sticky/key topic, I see.
So glad I waited to do this task. My snubber is broken.
I got this now! Thanks SC!

#24465 1 year ago

The issue with that method is that when you push on the metal bracket holding the blue snubber it is rotating on the clear of the playfield. If it is a bit tight or hold to the clear, it could potentially scratch it or takes pieces out of it. Just be careful if you do it this way.

#24466 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

All you need to do is remove 2 Philips head screws that hold the scoop, take the scoop out, slide the metal piece that holds the snubber away from the scoop so you can get to the nuts, and take off the 8mm nuts holding the snubber on with a bit driver.  Fast and easy!  Then just reassemble.

I could hardly believe it was this easy. It was either dumb luck by design, or it was actually planned into the design.
I'd love to hear what Eric Meunier has to say about it. I'm somewhat surprised he didn't chime in with this secret or tip once it became a more common practice for people to have to deal with as their snubbers wore apart or broke.
Regardless, here we are. 2 simple tools - a long Philips screwdriver, and an 8mm bit driver were all I needed. And… just a little Patience! But much less of it.

The issue with that method is that when you push on the metal bracket holding the blue snubber it is rotating on the clear of the playfield. If it is a bit tight or hold to the clear, it could potentially scratch it or takes pieces out of it. Just be careful if you do it this way.

#24467 1 year ago

It looks to me that there’s a tiny amount of clearance when you pivot metal over Cliffy protector?

#24468 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

The issue with that method is that when you push on the metal bracket holding the blue snubber it is rotating on the clear of the playfield.

Something to keep an eye on perhaps, but the factory scoop does provide clearance so the part holding the snubber doesn't slide across the playfield.

Quoted from romulusx:

It looks to me that there’s a tiny amount of clearance when you pivot metal over Cliffy protector?

Correct. Except that's the factory scoop assembly.

#24469 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Something to keep an eye on perhaps, but the factory scoop does provide clearance so the part holding the snubber doesn't slide across the playfield.

Not so much concerned with the end where the snubber is being held, but actually the end where it is still tethered to the playfield as I think that piece is directly against the playfield (basically where the posts are).

#24470 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Not so much concerned with the end where the snubber is being held, but actually the end where it is still tethered to the playfield as I think that piece is directly against the playfield (basically where the posts are).

I'll try and do this over the weekend any report back on my experience. I am stock protector also

#24471 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Very solid point. I have to agree, this 5 minute method is super, super high risk. After further consideration, and based on Mar3nBu's input, I probably would not recommend doing it this way. There's too much risk involved just to save about 20-30 minutes of time. This 5 minute method could still work to get in there if you don't move the metal guards around the scoop, and instead, use an 8mm socket or ratcheting wrench.

I added a disclaimer to the YouTube video & my post with the video above.

#24472 1 year ago

My buddy and I were talking about the bang up lighting and animation job they’ve done with GnR.Can you imagine what a Pink Floyd game could look like?I might start doing drugs again or at drinking to a mello buzz lol

#24473 1 year ago

I have a GNR but I am trading it in towards a Toy Story CE for the wife and kids. Didn’t want to keep both. Not kid friendly enough for when the little ones come over to play. Please accept the resignation of my man card. Me and fat 65 year old librarian looking AXL had some good times together, but now it’s time to roll with Gabby Gabby. Don’t worry. I’ll be ok.

#24474 1 year ago

Worth80 Best JJP GNR departure eulogy ever?

#24475 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What to do?Can’t shake it out.
[quoted image]

Still getting stuck!!Anyone else experience this issue?I’m at 6.8 degrees.I guess I can put all new balls in and try that.Have others had issues with this game doing this?

#24476 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Pray for me.

#24477 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

I have a GNR but I am trading it in towards a Toy Story CE for the wife and kids. Didn’t want to keep both. Not kid friendly enough for when the little ones come over to play. Please accept the resignation of my man card. Me and fat 65 year old librarian looking AXL had some good times together, but now it’s time to roll with Gabby Gabby. Don’t worry. I’ll be ok.

man-card-revoked.gifman-card-revoked.gif
#24478 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Still getting stuck!!

Your wireform looks higher up ( or guitar part lower ) than in my game.

LTG : )

#24479 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Still getting stuck!!Anyone else experience this issue?I’m at 6.8 degrees.I guess I can put all new balls in and try that.Have others had issues with this game doing this?

I thought I pointed you to the key post for this. Maybe I just meant to....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/384#post-6705312

Quoted from sevenrites:

Thought the same thing and then you posted this.

#24480 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your wireform looks higher up ( or guitar part lower ) than in my game.
LTG : )

It looks like there’s only two nuts at the lower part of wire form and a single screw at the top?

#24481 1 year ago
Quoted from Worth80:

I got my first opportunity to play Toy Story over the weekend and really enjoyed it. I hope you do to. It reminded me a lot of Wonka.

#24482 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It looks like there’s only two nuts at the lower part of wire form and a single screw at the top?

I think I have the answer now thanks to MikeS.I didn’t realize the strings lifted out of upper playfield
I like to ask to many questions before I start lol

#24483 1 year ago

I think I have the answer now thanks to MikeS.I didn’t realize the strings lifted out of upper playfield
I like to ask to many questions before I start lol

DONE!

#24484 1 year ago

When you reattach the distal end of stings (above and the the L of the L flipper) make sure they are not torqued to one side or the other. I tried to center mine to drop more centered in the in lanes. By doing so it raised the L side of the rail ever so slightly and the ball would get caught.

You can lift the whole pinball machine and tilt back and the down and this will unstick the ball.

#24485 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

When you reattach the distal end of stings (above and the the L of the L flipper) make sure they are not torqued to one side or the other. I tried to center mine to drop more centered in the in lanes. By doing so it raised the L side of the rail ever so slightly and the ball would get caught.
You can lift the whole pinball machine and tilt back and the down and this will unstick the ball.

What Lift the machine up lol I felt like it but I didn’t.I thought of centering more but thought it might do what you said. I’m glad I asked about removal it’s much simpler then I thought

#24486 1 year ago

Does anyone know what triggers the divertor on the right ramp by the speaker stack?

#24487 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anyone know what triggers the divertor on the right ramp by the speaker stack?

I think it’s triggered by “on the road” and when the inner loop or coma shot is needed during a song or mode

#24488 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think it’s triggered by “on the road” and when the inner loop or coma shot is needed during a song or mode

Thank you sir

#24489 1 year ago

Back to patches. Fender seems to be one of the first ones most people get. I always go for the gun, because it says it increases all patch scoring. So do we get points for each patch, and more points for them if you have the gun first, or does the gun increase the impact your patches have? The other thing about the gun is since I like playing AFD songs, when you add the rose it increases scoring on WTTJ and PC.

#24490 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Back to patches. Fender seems to be one of the first ones most people get. I always go for the gun, because it says it increases all patch scoring. So do we get points for each patch, and more points for them if you have the gun first, or do they increase the impact your patches have? The other thing about the gun is since I like playing AFD songs, when you add the rose it increases scoring on WTTJ and PC.

It increases the scoring that the patches do.

And this is a great way to go about it. Gun is usually 4th or 5th for me. But this totally makes sense and I'm going to try it out!

#24491 1 year ago

For highest points I go for gun, fender, Vater, duff skull, and franks drumsticks. After that I’ll go for the rose, if I’m low on balls I’ll go for the other sponsors. I think the sponsors help boost overall song score anyway plus the extra ball award. After all that then I go for candy, amp, lights and etc, sometimes I’ll throw in Appetite for destruction patch if that’s the album I’m playing in case that increases scoring in those songs.

#24492 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

For highest points I go for gun, fender, Vater, duff skull, and franks drumsticks. After that I’ll go for the rose, if I’m low on balls I’ll go for the other sponsors. I think the sponsors help boost overall song score anyway plus the extra ball award. After all that then I go for candy, amp, lights and etc, sometimes I’ll throw in Appetite for destruction patch if that’s the album I’m playing in case that increases scoring in those songs.

Once I figured out that the rose disabled the magnet, I never went for the rose anymore.

#24493 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Once I figured out that the rose disabled the magnet, I never went for the rose anymore.

Curious as to why. Unless I am missing something, the magnet ads basically zero value to the game unless you want it to grab and drop it down for an extra ball. But I usually just save extra balls and wait till multiball to grab them. So it’s basically useless to me.

#24494 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Curious as to why. Unless I am missing something, the magnet ads basically zero value to the game unless you want it to grab and drop it down for an extra ball. But I usually just save extra balls and wait till multiball to grab them. So it’s basically useless to me.

I just enjoy the action of it grabbing the ball. Why have it only to almost immediately disable it by collecting the rose?

#24495 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just enjoy the action of it grabbing the ball. Why have it only to almost immediately disable it by collecting the rose?

It's all about the timing , like sevenrites said , you can get extra ball easily with the multi balls , or shooting through the pops , but I do like how the magnet grabs it .

#24496 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just enjoy the action of it grabbing the ball.

Fair point. So you doing that is not really strategy related, more of a preference.

Once in a blue moon I think it would have been helpful for me when I was down to one ball and an extra was sitting up there. Usually I don’t have too much trouble getting extras though.

Speaking of which, the other day I had 6+ extra’s sitting. New record for me. It didn’t help me break my high score though. Blew them all and ended up around 150,000,000 after losing 55,000,000 plus to a tilt on WTTJ.

#24497 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Fair point. So you doing that is not really strategy related, more of a preference.
Once in a blue moon I think it would have been helpful for me when I was down to one ball and an extra was sitting up there. Usually I don’t have too much trouble getting extras though.
Speaking of which, the other day I had 6+ extra’s sitting. New record for me. It didn’t help me break my high score though. Blew them all and ended up around 150,000,000 after losing 55,000,000 plus to a tilt on WTTJ.

I don't really have a problem making the shot from the lower flipper to the center rollover lane. It's kind of like the left ramp on Maiden, more mental than anything, but if you see it as an open shot and ignore all the stuff you're shooting past, it's pretty easy to consistently make. I just like to keep that magnet active.

#24498 1 year ago

Do you think the magnet helps you get more balls to drop down into the pops during frenzy in a song? I usually go through the spinner to get there, seems a little more direct and I feel like I can clear the balls from the flipper area faster with that shot than an orbit. But it might make sense to utilize the magnet to send some into the pops that way too.

#24499 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Do you think the magnet helps you get more balls to drop down into the pops during frenzy in a song? I usually go through the spinner to get there, seems a little more direct and I feel like I can clear the balls from the flipper area faster with that shot than an orbit. But it might make sense to utilize the magnet to send some into the pops that way too.

I can't say I've noticed the magnet grabbing during frenzy but then again, I'm usually in a frenzy myself so I might just always miss it.

#24500 1 year ago

I never really noticed it grab during frenzy either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,500 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 490 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/490?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.