IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 566.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Never said it wasn't a good pin. Im sure its great. That response was for Nicoy. Enjoy your playing your GnR.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, appreciate the courtesy flush

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sorry about the misunderstanding, appreciate the courtesy flush

Absolutely.. maybe poo-puri. Lol. I was crazy excited about the LE but opted to wait to get my hands on one. Honestly I have never been more excited about a new pin. I drive my wife crazy watching reveals and gameplay. Will definitely want to snag one. I think all three are killer...

#2353 3 years ago

When playing other games I have to constantly convince myself its OK to cradle the ball during modes and multiballs

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Absolutely.. maybe poo-puri. Lol. I was crazy excited about the LE but opted to wait to get my hands on one. Honestly I have never been more excited about a new pin. I drive my wife crazy watching reveals and gameplay. Will definitely want to snag one. I think all three are killer...

You have the right mindset in waiting. With thousands of these being made u know darn well there will be several nice HUO on the market. That way u can probably save some $ and inspect the game prior to purchase.

#2355 3 years ago

Hi all. On the subject of external subwoofers, can someone in the know tell me if these speaker inputs are a high level input and will work with Tha alligator clip mod from the cab speaker? Thanks

69076EF7-F8F8-466C-A2AD-B5FCE561ACBC (resized).png69076EF7-F8F8-466C-A2AD-B5FCE561ACBC (resized).png
#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Hi all. On the subject of external subwoofers, can someone in the know tell me if these speaker inputs are a high level input and will work with Tha alligator clip mod from the cab speaker? Thanks
[quoted image]

That sub has both high and low level inputs. Yes, alligator clips will work. Run the wire to the red/black tabs that are labeled speaker input. Jumper the wire over to both reds and both blacks

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That sub has both high and low level inputs. Yes, alligator clips will work. Run the wire to the red/black tabs that are labeled speaker input. Jumper the wire over to both reds and both blacks

Awesome Thanks. Is the jumper necessary? Will it change the sound quality or power. Was thinking of hooking up two seperate machines as some people have done.

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Awesome Thanks. Is the jumper necessary? Will it change the sound quality or power. Was thinking of hooking up two seperate machines as some people have done.

I'd jumper it. May be 2 voice coils on the sub inside.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Could you post a picture of this please?

Here ya go. Red arrows point to where I made the bend. Side view and top view.

Screenshot_20201105-201832_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201105-201832_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201105-201934_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201105-201934_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I see a lot of people complaining about plunges draining, I'm 50 games in on a SE and have not had a single plunge drain yet. 6.5 pitch and level seems to work for me.

Do you have pics and are you happy with the SE?

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Is the jumper necessary?

No. Should sound fine with using only one set of inputs.

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Do you have pics and are you happy with the SE?

Iā€™m happy with the SE. plays fast with nice flow. No complaints so far

9B5F6683-03CC-4141-A5C1-1C6F907A7D34 (resized).jpeg9B5F6683-03CC-4141-A5C1-1C6F907A7D34 (resized).jpeg
#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owning both AC/DC and Metallica for several years, I still havenā€™t tired of the same songs over and over again, or the game play of either. GNR is my favorite band and with twice as many songs as the other games I own, I donā€™t see getting tired of it. Not to mention itā€™s much deeper with more variety than the other games. AC/DC and Metallica are my 2nd& 3rd favorite bands btw so yes, being a big fan is definitely helpful when owning a music pin.

Yeah..... GnR will complete my line up.
Iā€™m huge lover of rock / metal, my older pins arenā€™t going anywhere.... still love Luci, Met, IMDN + Kiss
If I had room ... would have snuck an Aerosmith in as well.....alas canā€™t have them all

#2364 3 years ago

Maybe itā€™s because of all the AFM I have played but I donā€™t think the SE plays THAT fast. Donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s not a slow game by any means but flowy I think is a better description.

The orbits are super long and smooth and the right ramp is way in the back and has a very long return. Plus two of your center shots slow things down with the scoop and shot into the bumpers.

Overall the way this shoots has been the biggest surprise to me. Itā€™s an very fun flowy shooter. The orbits are butter and both ramps are very hittable on the fly. The center loop is repeatable- I get three consecutive almost every game. There is almost an EM feel, if almost looks a little like one.

BTW I am certainly what you would call an average player, though I try.

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

There is almost an EM feel, if almost looks a little like one.

I was with you, until this

#2366 3 years ago

Installed lermods translite mod. Very nice

6262995131.jpg6262995131.jpgIMG_30791.jpgIMG_30791.jpg
#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I was with you, until this

Haha I think itā€™s just the flatness of the middle of the PF, EM probably isn't the right term, just more a classic single level LOOK. I think itā€™s a good thing

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Installed lermods translite mod. Very nice
[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you post a link for the mod? I didnā€™t see/couldnā€™t find the mod here on pinside. Thanks

#2369 3 years ago

Can anyone share their adjustments? I have tried up/down, keep finding this nice parking spot under the ball....

8C2B7976-E1FE-4CF8-BA17-B9D1BA80582A (resized).jpeg8C2B7976-E1FE-4CF8-BA17-B9D1BA80582A (resized).jpeg97C82AD2-4183-43F5-B654-6549FF280322 (resized).jpeg97C82AD2-4183-43F5-B654-6549FF280322 (resized).jpeg
#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Can anyone share their adjustments? I have tried up/down, keep finding this nice parking spot under the ball....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does that happen often? Seems against the laws of physics

Download the PinGuy app to make sure you are at 6.5 or more, those bubbles are not to be trusted

#2372 3 years ago

Did you buy the full white or RGB? I would think that RGB lights would wash the color of the translite. Does anyone have any insight on this?

#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does that happen often? Seems against the laws of physics
Download the PinGuy app to make sure you are at 6.5 or more, those bubbles are not to be trusted

Thanks will try the app out! This has happened a handful of times to me, almost like there is a magnet there. Usually the machine will register and kick out a new ball that I can knock it down with.

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I second this! Pinguy app over the level in the machine. Also helps with side-to-side leveling.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Did you buy the full white or RGB? I would think that RGB lights would wash the color of the translite. Does anyone have any insight on this?

RGB

#2376 3 years ago

Anyone else had issues with balls from the scoop will drain down the middle after 50 plays? I tried adjusting the vuk diverter and increased coil power plus lifted the right leg leveler but its hitting the bottom 10% of the left flipper instead of the middle.

#2377 3 years ago

Also inspect the balls that come with the game. This one had a major flat spot

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.02.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.02.15 PM (resized).png
#2378 3 years ago

My GnR box came from the States yesterday.

Unfortunately it was too small to contain a pinball machine, but still full of GnR love from Pinwoofer.

Thanks Dan, so fast.

gnr2 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpg

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

but still full of GnR love from Pinwoofer.

Hell yes!! Let us know how it sounds when you get the machine to go with it!!

#2380 3 years ago

I ordered the pin woofer just now. I am not particularly impressed with the sound quality so I think this will be a nice upgrade.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Can anyone share their adjustments?

You might want to straighten the wire arm on your shooter lane switch.

LTG : )

shooterlane (resized).jpgshooterlane (resized).jpg
#2382 3 years ago

LTG We have had balls stuck on the guitar pick spinners on our location GnR SE. Have any other operators expressed this issue?

#2383 3 years ago

Alway getting balls stuck on the guitar picks on my SE

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

ltg We have had balls stuck on the guitar pick spinners on our location GnR SE. Have any other operators expressed this issue?

I haven't heard any. Maybe a drop of oil or super lube on the spinner arms where they go into the holder.

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

ltg We have had balls stuck on the guitar pick spinners on our location GnR SE. Have any other operators expressed this issue?

Quoted from Propsnsports:

Alway getting balls stuck on the guitar picks on my SE

Something to look at. My machine is an LE, and the left spinner was fine, but the center spinner was "sticky". It didn't spin like it should, and sometimes would get stuck in the horizontal position allowing balls to pass under it unnoticed. After closer inspection I noticed the spinner bracket is mounted by 1 bolt on the left side. Right side is free hanging, not bolted at all. The spinner bracket itself was bent so the right side was a hair higher than the left, causing the spinner to get hung up a bit. All I did was bend the bracket down on the right to make it even, and bingo!! Spins like a maniac now. I'm not sure if thats your issue, but maybe this will help someone.

#2386 3 years ago

Sweet!
I have a Pinwoofer kit set to be delivered Monday for my (hopefully soon!) LE arriving start of December...!?

Quoted from punkin:

Unfortunately it was too small to contain a pinball machine, but still full of GnR love from Pinwoofer.
Thanks Dan, so fast.
[quoted image]

#2387 3 years ago

So I just unboxed my SE and JJP sent me the wrong power cord. I have plenty of computer power cords but want to make sure my game is wired for 120V and not 240V before I plug it in. Sticker says it's 120V and power block inside has the proper outlet so I should be good correct?

20201106_195204 (resized).jpg20201106_195204 (resized).jpg20201106_195218 (resized).jpg20201106_195218 (resized).jpg20201106_195257 (resized).jpg20201106_195257 (resized).jpg
#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I just unboxed my SE and JJP sent me the wrong power cord. I have plenty of computer power cords but want to make sure my game is wired for 120V and not 240V before I plug it in. Sticker says it's 120V and power block inside has the proper outlet so I should be good correct?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah you should be good.

#2389 3 years ago

Yeah you should be good.

Thanks for letting me know.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't heard any. Maybe a drop of oil or super lube on the spinner arms where they go into the holder.

no the spinner ends up angled so they block the ball from moving also the chase ball logic shouldn't end the ball if a stuck ball becomes unstuck.

#2391 3 years ago

So it looks like the SE are available now. When will the LE be available again?

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks Dan, so fast.
[quoted image]

You in on LE or CE?

#2393 3 years ago

I highly suggest checking all bolts, nuts and screws for tightness on game before playing out of box, my upper right flipper coil just fell off while playing a game. Both bolts were loose on right flipper, one of the pops had a loose nut and right backbox hinge bolt nut not fully seated. Game would reset after I put everything back together when pushing start button, did a factory reset and it's fine now.

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I ordered the pin woofer just now. I am not particularly impressed with the sound quality so I think this will be a nice upgrade.

Do you have the game already ? Iā€™m in northborough but I was told April as an estimate.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My machine is tight with no blades. Not tight as in difficult to lift, but very little wiggle room.

Thought about using felt tape along the playfield edges? (And I guess on the sides of the Ho Trails or anything else that might be pushed out to the edge of the playfield, if there is anything.)

I guess by design the felt tape itself takes up some of that available space, but Iā€™m curious if thereā€™d be room for that along with black mirror blades.

#2396 3 years ago

Having reset issues when I press start. Game was fine until upper right flipper coil fell off while playing. I can do a factory reset and game will start but when I go to change any settings it does a reset when I hit the start button. I double checked underneath the game for anything that may have came loose, could the software have become corrupted somehow?

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Having reset issues when I press start. Game was fine until upper right flipper coil fell off while playing. I can do a factory reset and game will start but when I go to change any settings it does a reset when I hit the start button. I double checked underneath the game for anything that may have came loose, could the software have become corrupted somehow?

No loss in re-installing 1.07. Rewrite the drive with a full install. ENABLE the CAMERA in settings YOU MUST DO THIS or it can loop there is a bug.

#2398 3 years ago

No loss in re-installing 1.07. Rewrite the drive with a full install. ENABLE the CAMERA in settings YOU MUST DO THIS or it can loop there is a bug.

Haha that must be it, I turned the camera off. Oh well I guess playing naked isn't an option .

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Haha that must be it, I turned the camera off. Oh well I guess playing naked isn't an option .

Keith and the guys are on it - fixed in next update.

#2400 3 years ago

Keith and the guys are on it - fixed in next update.

No problem, I'm back in action, thanks!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/48?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.