IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg
IMG_0142 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 488 of 566.
#24351 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Saying that in the owners thread then asking for help is mighty bold of you. I canā€™t imagine why JJP decided not to help you.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I do love the machine. Just a little frustrating I can't play it as much as I would like to.
I realize all games can have their issues.

#24352 1 year ago

Is there supposed to be a spotlight on the Axl and skulls sculpt?If not I think there should be.In the past I would use the Pinball Life spots with the incandescent bulbs.Anybody added something and how did you do it?

#24353 1 year ago

Gameplay sure is snappy on more on point with the halo precision flippers. Plus they look great on this game.
Also, I enrolled in beta code but now every time I check for update it says "update server can't be reached". Tried like 30 times. I'm still on v1.25. Is this normal?
Also is it normal to get all these errors at startup? It eventually boots but takes longer than it should.

20230214_132925 (resized).jpg20230214_132925 (resized).jpg
#24354 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Also is it normal to get all these errors at startup?

No. I'd reload the operating system, back up your settings first.

If that doesn't do it, then I'd try a new SSD.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Former jjp Ambasador/Tech

#24355 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

How do you reload the operating system?

#24356 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

How do you reload the operating system?

Instructions on the jjp website - https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/downloads/

Follow the instructions carefully. Use a USB stick 8GB to 16GB.

#24357 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

When I talked to JJP before they told me that the SSD is either pass or fail but I don't believe that because memory can still get bad sectors.

#24358 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When I talked to JJP before they told me that the SSD is either pass or fail but I don't believe that because memory can still get bad sectors.

The original one in my Dialed In had bad sectors. A computer nerd bypassed them and it worked for about a year, Then crashed. I stuck in a new SSD, reloaded the operating system. Good to go.

Disclaimer : Former jjp tech. But what do I know.

#24359 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The original one in my Dialed In had bad sectors. A computer nerd bypassed them and it worked for about a year, Then crashed. I stuck in a new SSD, reloaded the operating system. Good to go.
Disclaimer : Former jjp tech. But what do I know.

Yeah if a hard drive gets bad sectors it should be replaced. A computer will only mark those sectors bad (buying you time) so that data is not written to them, it will not psychically fix them.

#24360 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Gameplay sure is snappy on more on point with the halo precision flippers. Plus they look great on this game.
Also, I enrolled in beta code but now every time I check for update it says "update server can't be reached". Tried like 30 times. I'm still on v1.25. Is this normal?
Also is it normal to get all these errors at startup? It eventually boots but takes longer than it should.
[quoted image]

I believe mine looks exactly like that every time I power it up. And it has from day 1 when I opened it NIB. It's one of the first few batches shipped as well. It's never not played correctly, so I just assumed all is well? Now I'm a bit concerned.

#24361 1 year ago

OK I did the full factory reset from USB, I still get those same errors. Mainly relating to USB as in the photo above? Though the USB ports all work fine. I mean I Just updated using the one port, & the other 2 usb ports on the board seem to be working for bluetooth & wifi. Game itself seems ok. What exactly are those error codes trying to tell me though? I'd prefer not to replace the SSD if I don't have to.

#24362 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I believe mine looks exactly like that every time I power it up. And it has from day 1 when I opened it NIB. It's one of the first few batches shipped as well. It's never not played correctly, so I just assumed all is well? Now I'm a bit concerned.

Mine looked like that as well from day 1. I did have an issue one time after installing a mod and the operating system wouldn't boot. It's been fine but producing the errors ever since I reloaded the OS.

Also, I've gone back and forth full install between the beta and official 1.25 versions and always have the errors present in the bootup sequence

I am just going to get a new SSD since it has been recommended...they are cheap on amazon

#24363 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

OK I did the full factory reset from USB, I still get those same errors. Mainly relating to USB as in the photo above? Though the USB ports all work fine. I mean I Just updated using the one port, & the other 2 usb ports on the board seem to be working for bluetooth & wifi. Game itself seems ok. What exactly are those error codes trying to tell me though? I'd prefer not to replace the SSD if I don't have to.

The system remembers that you had at one time something mounted in the USB drive, and now that it's gone it's complaining looking for it...doesn't hurt anything or mean anything is wrong, just a typical linux message that makes you think it's broken.

#24364 1 year ago

Yeah I'm not noticing any issues really. Other than the beta update download says it will be like 99 hours until it is downloaded. But I'm assuming this just might be a server issue as I have fiber optic & the signal is perfect it says.

#24365 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yeah I'm not noticing any issues really. Other than the beta update download says it will be like 99 hours until it is downloaded. But I'm assuming this just might be a server issue as I have fiber optic & the signal is perfect it says.

Did you try maybe updating using a direct Ethernet cable?

#24366 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I'd prefer not to replace the SSD if I don't have to.

It's simple. Remove the old one. Stick in the new one. A couple cables. You already have the full install on a USB stick.

Below is the picture of what I used.

DSC00659 (resized).JPGDSC00659 (resized).JPG
#24367 1 year ago

According to Steve Z from JJP (their support has been great for me btw & quick responses)....

"Those are not errors per se, what that shows is that, for example, the game is looking for any usb update stick prior to going to the hard drive for normal boot up, then that times out and the game moves on to the hard drive just as it is supposed to do; none of this is unusual and all of the games do it as part of the boot up sequence. In other situations the programmers have covered up this with a blank screen but on this version of software it is visible during the boot sequence. Nothing to worry about though. Thanks, Steve"

#24368 1 year ago
February 2023 Sale (resized).jpgFebruary 2023 Sale (resized).jpg
#24369 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Mine looked like that as well from day 1. I did have an issue one time after installing a mod and the operating system wouldn't boot. It's been fine but producing the errors ever since I reloaded the OS.
Also, I've gone back and forth full install between the beta and official 1.25 versions and always have the errors present in the bootup sequence
I am just going to get a new SSD since it has been recommended...they are cheap on amazon

Yeah, I'm not messing with it. It works perfectly fine. My luck, I'll spend money, change out parts, and something gets F'd up. Not even going there... lol

#24370 1 year ago

Decided to crank up GnR before I went to my league tonight and ended up playing a decent game. I havenā€™t played GnR in a while(due to a few other games that came and went)but man sometimes this game really gets my blood boiling ā€¦but then I finally get that good game in and Iā€™m reminded why I endure this abuse. Such a fun game

98A029E3-7313-456B-8D87-949EED0B8E5B.jpeg98A029E3-7313-456B-8D87-949EED0B8E5B.jpeg
#24371 1 year ago

Not trying to stir the rumor mill, but Kaneda just mentioned that JJP dropped the final GnR code but I havenā€™t seen any announcements. Just more BS from this guy or what?!

#24372 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Not trying to stir the rumor mill, but Kaneda just mentioned that JJP dropped the final GnR code but I havenā€™t seen any announcements. Just more BS from this guy or what?!

Why don't you ask him if he will share it with you? LOL!

#24373 1 year ago

It's confirmed. Confirmed to be complete BS.

#24374 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

LMFAO!

#24375 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Decided to crank up GnR before I went to my league tonight and ended up playing a decent game. I havenā€™t played GnR in a while(due to a few other games that came and went)but man sometimes this game really gets my blood boiling ā€¦but then I finally get that good game in and Iā€™m reminded why I endure this abuse. Such a fun game
[quoted image]

Amazing score! I played 3 games last night and my highest score was ~3m. So I totally understand the abuse. Thankfully not all games are like that, though!!

#24376 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yeah, I'm not messing with it. It works perfectly fine. My luck, I'll spend money, change out parts, and something gets F'd up. Not even going there... lol

Yeah, maybe on second thought I'll leave it alone for now. I think what robx46 about the linux code messages is on point.

#24377 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yeah I don't get his joke at all..not funny

#24378 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yeah I don't get his joke at all..not funny

And functionally representing a gallbladder in need of a cholecystectomy.

Added 14 months ago:

Ok! so no moderation means it's universally recognized to be a fact.

#24379 1 year ago

Got this tidbit of servo centering advice from JJP and wanted to share and secondarily, use the post as a forum defibrillator. I think it's helpful since it's an imminent task, especially if you're still stock...

When you power on the controller board (or the whole game if that's easier) all 4 servos will go to center.

So if you're rebuilding the spotlights, say, pull the power jack to that controller board then plug it back in, with all the servos connected but nothing screwed down to them, and they will all be at center. Then bolt everything down in the centered position, without moving the servos, and you're good to go.

Note that if you get the piece in question down onto the servo splines well enough, and then it all moves together under the force of screwing the screw in, that's OK. As long as the part was locked to it when they were both centered.

On other news, beta33 dropped yesterday.

#24380 1 year ago

Where do I specifically find these three settings?Are they grouped together or individually?Thanks

BDB9E161-2868-4317-90A5-FA0A8A0DAAF9 (resized).pngBDB9E161-2868-4317-90A5-FA0A8A0DAAF9 (resized).png
#24381 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Got this tidbit of servo centering advice from JJP and wanted to share and secondarily, use the post as a forum defibrillator. I think it's helpful since it's an imminent task, especially if you're still stock...

When you power on the controller board (or the whole game if that's easier) all 4 servos will go to center.
So if you're rebuilding the spotlights, say, pull the power jack to that controller board then plug it back in, with all the servos connected but nothing screwed down to them, and they will all be at center. Then bolt everything down in the centered position, without moving the servos, and you're good to go.
Note that if you get the piece in question down onto the servo splines well enough, and then it all moves together under the force of screwing the screw in, that's OK. As long as the part was locked to it when they were both centered.

On other news, beta33 dropped yesterday.

Thank you for sharing this. I've been struggling trying to get that left spot light centered.

#24382 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where do I specifically find these three settings?

I'd dig around in Settings - Game Settings.

#24383 1 year ago

What to do?Canā€™t shake it out.

4C6BDD12-0A2A-4240-921E-DF326ACE585D (resized).jpeg4C6BDD12-0A2A-4240-921E-DF326ACE585D (resized).jpeg
#24384 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What to do?Canā€™t shake it out.
[quoted image]

Shake it harder

#24386 1 year ago

Are the ends of your rails pushed down enough , is there anything on the playfield , is the game steep enough , is the ball magnetized ?
Just for reference mine looks like this .

IMG20230219023831 (resized).jpgIMG20230219023831 (resized).jpg
#24387 1 year ago

Looks like beta 33 was released. I'm installing it now.

#24388 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Looks like beta 33 was released. I'm installing it now.

Any notes on the changes .

#24389 1 year ago

Selling these remaining Lior mods I have. Please DO NOT ask for half off, etc. I'm not Amazon, you are getting a discount, I pay for shipping, etc. The mods are in perfect condition except for the Action Button mod. Tiny chip that you can add some touch up paint but aside from that the mods are very well made and look fantastic on a game. I also have a set of spinner decals except for "Appetite for Destruction".

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Absolutely no damage except it needs 3M adhesive on the back for securing to your game. Even comes with the felt bag.”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 760 times
Mod - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Pretty much new looking except for a very small chip on one of the roses pointed out by the pen. Easy fix with some red nail polish/paint. Will also need new 3M adhesive to affix t...”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 755 times
SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Spinner Decals Archived
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Brand new record spinner decals for the spinning record. Includes: LIES CHINESE DEMOCRACY USE YOUR ILLUSION II USE YOUR ILLUSION I THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?”
2023-03-12
Boston, MA
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 619 times

#24390 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The notes just listed some minor non gameplay related changes. After playing a couple games though It seems there may be some pretty big scoring related changes. I noticed my non jackpot song scoring was much higher and I also scored a 24 million Thirst for Carnage score. I put up 9 million in Paradise City even though i missed a 58 million jackpot. I need to play more but my early impression is that this update answered a lot of our score balancing wishes!

20230218_101025 (resized).jpg20230218_101025 (resized).jpg
#24391 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

See pic. 92DB5530-0CB9-43E0-A702-B69E6DEA1C7D (resized).jpeg92DB5530-0CB9-43E0-A702-B69E6DEA1C7D (resized).jpeg

#24392 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me where the setting is to disable the magnet please? Also is there one to disable spotlight movement? I can't find either setting.

#24393 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Can anyone tell me where the setting is to disable the magnet please? Also is there one to disable spotlight movement? I can't find either setting.

That's a new one. Curious why? I haven't seen settings for this , and if there is I've missed it. In both cases you could simply unplug power to them. Magnet power under the playfield, and to light the spots but prevent them moving, then I think you can just leave main power but unplug the 4 servo connections only.

#24394 1 year ago

</blockquot
Already asked above

#24395 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's a new one. Curious why? I haven't seen settings for this , and if there is I've missed it. In both cases you could simply unplug power to them. Magnet power under the playfield, and to light the spots but prevent them moving, then I think you can just leave main power but unplug the 4 servo connections only.

The Magnet on mine hasn't worked since I got it, I thought it had been disabled by the first owner, maybe it's disconnected. The spotlights? they still work but I don't plan to have this machine for that much longer so thought I'd disable their movement before they self destruct ( as they all seem to ) so I don't have to buy pricey replacement parts before I sell it.

#24396 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Also is there one to disable spotlight movement?

Unplug them.

#24397 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The Magnet on mine hasn't worked since I got it, I thought it had been disabled by the first owner, maybe it's disconnected. The spotlights? they still work but I don't plan to have this machine for that much longer so thought I'd disable their movement before they self destruct ( as they all seem to ) so I don't have to buy pricey replacement parts before I sell it.

Thermal switch on your magnet has most-likely failed. That essentially turns off the magnet permanently.

#24398 1 year ago

Y'all I just made it to NITL mode for only the second time ever! I really hope they make this mode selectable in the beta code (even if it requires some hidden Easter egg code to access it)...

#24399 1 year ago

what's the easy way to access the beta code, just a change in settings ?

#24400 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

what's the easy way to access the beta code, just a change in settings ?

Go into the network settings and opt in to the Beta program.
Then download and install.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 488 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/488 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.