IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 566.
#24301 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

My other games still get played but there hasn't been one guest who hasn't thought GNR was still one of the best or coolest games they've ever seen or played. A lot of times I wonder if I'll even get a turn to play it when I have people over and they keep it occupied. It definitely seems to be one of the most polarizing games of all time.
Just cleaned and waxed mine again earlier this week. No issues to report, except my record spinner finally came loose again.

I have all the new games and GNR is the one guests play the most

I find it amazing, it’s quickly moved into my top 3 of all time of pins I’ve owned. It’s just incredible l, super deep, fun every time I play it. I just love it

#24302 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

My experience is a bit different. I have two System 11s, two WPCs, and GnR LE.
The GNR gets the most love.
Friends and family that play at my place are all noobs. No hard core pinheads. So the simple instructions to qualify all the band members, shoot the center scoop and you get to pick your own song is simple and really resonates with them. They LOVE they can pick their songs. Points are irrelevant.
Next you get them looking at the goals to be accomplished during the song on the small screen. Then they fail. Get booed off stage. They laugh.
They do it again and again. They never take the jackpot. Their goal is to finish the song and get an encore.
Tack on an unexpected multiball here and there, which typically happens, and they are in heaven.
I appreciate the depth of pinball. But the simple side of things is how new people get into the hobby. If nothing meaningful happens until you are deep into the rules, it loses its appeal.
Patches, modes, stacking, etc. Not at first.
Like I said, my view here may be different. Doesn't mean its not my view.

This is one of the biggest reasons the game is so good.

Walk up and play it, have fun, rock out, smile play again.

Or, really get into it and dive I to rules, goals and how to win.

Either way it's always fun!

#24303 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Even all of his other mods for GNR have been removed on the Art of Pinball sub page.

ALL GNR items will be back in the shop in a few days

#24304 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

ALL GNR items will be back in the shop in a few days

Are your 100+ pins on location?

#24305 1 year ago

Just arrived today!
Thanks @ king jelly! LSOG! Rocks!

0CEEC169-8B63-42D0-8C70-0BBAE849235B (resized).jpeg0CEEC169-8B63-42D0-8C70-0BBAE849235B (resized).jpeg16E2E12B-5C00-4191-9BD7-900CC19949EC (resized).jpeg16E2E12B-5C00-4191-9BD7-900CC19949EC (resized).jpeg84E4A7EB-02C3-4BFE-817C-465334B8D20A (resized).jpeg84E4A7EB-02C3-4BFE-817C-465334B8D20A (resized).jpegD1FEB907-055C-4B0C-AD52-5382FF1F924C (resized).jpegD1FEB907-055C-4B0C-AD52-5382FF1F924C (resized).jpegF292647F-19F1-420C-8F4A-9EB75B4EFA94 (resized).jpegF292647F-19F1-420C-8F4A-9EB75B4EFA94 (resized).jpeg
#24306 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just arrived today!
Thanks @ king jelly! LSOG! Rocks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

She's a beauty, one in a million pin.
Why would I lie?
Congrats

#24307 1 year ago

Just picked up used GnR LE. I'm fairly convinced the glass on here is not invisiglass, as all my other games have it I can just tell as I can very much see my reflection in it & there is no tint. Are there any markers or indicators that differentiate JJP invisiglass form their regular glass?

#24308 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Just picked up used GnR LE. I'm fairly convinced the glass on here is not invisiglass, as all my other games have it I can just tell as I can very much see my reflection in it & there is no tint. Are there any markers or indicators that differentiate JJP invisiglass form their regular glass?

The Invisiglass on my GNR LE has the name inscribed. The difference between standard glass and PDI/Voodoo/HD/Invisiglass is also not difficult to spot
FD3A1275-B1E1-452A-963B-47994B144F5D (resized).jpegFD3A1275-B1E1-452A-963B-47994B144F5D (resized).jpeg

#24310 1 year ago

Ugh. Yep. I definitely don't have invisiglass on my LE. That sucks. Thanks for posting that for me.

#24311 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Just picked up used GnR LE. I'm fairly convinced the glass on here is not invisiglass

It's very possible the invisiglass was removed and replaced with standard glass, from previous seller.

#24312 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Ugh. Yep. I definitely don't have invisiglass on my LE. That sucks. Thanks for posting that for me.

I believe all LEs came standard with Invisiglass, so the previous owner potentially could have just swapped it out before selling it.

#24313 1 year ago

The dirty tricks sellers/flippers play, LOL. Have to inspect carefully when buying as that glass is $300

#24314 1 year ago

Swapping the invisiglass out and not telling potential buyers is a jerk move in my opinion.

#24315 1 year ago

Seller was understanding & willing to help me pay for new invisiglass. He says he didn't know & I believe him. He's got good reputation here. Maybe the previous owner did it. & it is jersey jack standard glass. Has this been known to happen from the factory?

#24316 1 year ago

Now for the fun stuff... I'm open to ideas on settings from those of you who have tinkered a bunch with this game.

I factory reset all settings. Pitch at 2nd line. Thinking about increasing gain on just the music. No bass setting I'd like to add a sub but don't think the game has sub out.
Find it odd the flipper coil strengths are all different by default. Not sure what to do with those settings but I did order those precision flippers (without bearings).
Open to any settings or tweaks anyone might have with gameplay, sound, etc. I feel like this game has great potential just might need dialed in more than other games.

#24317 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Now for the fun stuff... I'm open to ideas on settings from those of you who have tinkered a bunch with this game.
I factory reset all settings. Pitch at 2nd line. Thinking about increasing gain on just the music. No bass setting I'd like to add a sub but don't think the game has sub out.
Find it odd the flipper coil strengths are all different by default. Not sure what to do with those settings but I did order those precision flippers (without bearings).
Open to any settings or tweaks anyone might have with gameplay, sound, etc. I feel like this game has great potential just might need dialed in more than other games.

A lot more!

#24318 1 year ago

It's pretty good out of the box but AFTER you get to know the game, if you find something you want to tweak, there's probably some settings to customize it for you... Just ask

#24319 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Seller was understanding & willing to help me pay for new invisiglass. He says he didn't know & I believe him. He's got good reputation here. Maybe the previous owner did it. & it is jersey jack standard glass. Has this been known to happen from the factory?

My buddy’s Wonka SE came with Invisiglass.

#24320 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix my playfield problem. GNR was my first pin...I've since bought a Rush, can't believe what a better machine it is compared to the JJP mess. They promised to send me a washer kit, but after waiting forever, they told me they wouldn't be sending it because they changed their policy. My family really hasn't played the game much in the last year.. don't want to make the issues any worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_20230211_110515871_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230211_110515871_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230211_110532239_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230211_110532239_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230211_110540589_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230211_110540589_2 (resized).jpg
#24321 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix my playfield problem. GNR was my first pin...I've since bought a Rush, can't believe what a better machine it is compared to the JJP mess. They promised to send me a washer kit, but after waiting forever, they told me they wouldn't be sending it because they changed their policy. My family really hasn't played the game much in the last year.. don't want to make the issues any worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d recommend getting the washer kit from PBL. $10. https://www.pinballlife.com/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-pinball-post-spacerprotector.html

#24322 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

I also got some mylar circles to put under the washers.

Nothing is full proof once that starts to happen, but it should help.

#24323 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

I've since bought a Rush, can't believe what a better machine it is compared to the JJP mess.

Saying that in the owners thread then asking for help is mighty bold of you. I can’t imagine why JJP decided not to help you.

#24324 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Is this your Rush?

EF9E48A4-9A2A-4ECD-B199-BD0167A4F831 (resized).pngEF9E48A4-9A2A-4ECD-B199-BD0167A4F831 (resized).png
#24325 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this your Rush?[quoted image]

Maybe it's this one
Jjp has rightly copped shit about having some chipping and pooling on their playfields but Stern has the worst playfields by far .

IMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpgIMG_20220613_030752 (resized).jpg
#24326 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe it's this one
Jjp has rightly copped shit about having some chipping and pooling on their playfields but Stern has the worst playfields by far .
[quoted image]

Wow, that hole’s been violated! Game needs a Cliffy set pronto. Sad to see that kind of neglect, but at the end of the day that’s what these machines were made for: to play

#24327 1 year ago

So I was playing a game and then noticed my shooter rollover stopped working, which caused me to pull the glass and then I realized in addition to the Shooter lane rollover...the Right sling (hi and lo), right outland rollover and right inlane rollover all stopped working.

I checked the I/O board and no blown fuses

The Matrix test does not indicate any of the switches triggering

I'm running version 1.25 software

Your help is much appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 002829 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-02-13 002829 (resized).jpg
#24328 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I was playing a game and then noticed my shooter rollover stopped working, which caused me to pull the glass and then I realized in addition to the Shooter lane rollover...the Right sling (hi and lo), right outland rollover and right inlane rollover all stopped working.
I checked the I/O board and no blown fuses
The Matrix test does not indicate any of the switches triggering
I'm running version 1.25 software
Your help is much appreciated.[quoted image]

They're daisy chained, so likely a broken wire where the switch continuity stops at the right ramp right target or the right inlane. Could also be a bad diode on either of those, but my guess is broken wire is the most likely cause.

#24329 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're daisy chained, so likely a broken wire where the switch continuity stops at the right ramp right target or the right inlane. Could also be a bad diode on either of those, but my guess is broken wire is the most likely cause.

Holy shit. You sir are a goshdarn GENIUS! Fixed in one try...found the culprit and it was a loose wire at the right ramp target. Soldered and back in business Thank you so so much!!!!

#24330 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Holy shit. You sir are a goshdarn GENIUS! Fixed in one try...found the culprit and it was a loose wire at the right ramp target. Soldered and back in business Thank you so so much!!!!

Voice of experience. Now you have that tidbit in your databank, too.

#24331 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Voice of experience. Now you have that tidbit in your databank, too.

That is a good tidbit, now the Matrix makes even more sense in the layout.

#24332 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That is a good tidbit, now the Matrix makes even more sense in the layout.

Pinmonk to the rescue. Life is zen again.

#24333 1 year ago

Is there beta code beyond the current v1.25?

#24334 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is there beta code beyond the current v1.25?

1.25 is latest production code, not beta.
Beta is on its own and it's the latest code many many running it with no issues. I don't remember what it is b31 maybe? Enable in settings.

#24335 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

1.25 is latest production code, not beta.
Beta is on its own and it's the latest code many many running it with no issues. I don't remember what it is b31 maybe? Enable in settings.

That's what I meant, thank you.

Is there any release notes for what is in the newest beta?

#24336 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That's what I meant, thank you.
Is there any release notes for what is in the newest beta?

Nothing worth looking for... EQ addition is cool, enhanced light shows in some songs, Linux OS update, headphones improvements to both wired and Bluetooth, and reports of some call out changes... A few items listed in the release notes but never more than a line or two, like "os update", "updated the updater" and "EQ fix", "headphone issues" and much more that isn't ever listed.
I don't think beta release notes are considered important during the beta phases... It's like a mystery hunt game.
The next production code release will contain the
most comprehensive list. Nobody knows when, except it will be when they finish stomping out the bugs.
You can always go back to production if you choose

If you want to keep your scores and settings then back them up before going from beta back to production so you can restore after. Production to beta is seamless and keeps everything, but it is very big and takes at least two reboots due to the os update process.

#24337 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Nothing worth looking for... EQ addition is cool, enhanced light shows in some songs, Linux OS update, headphones improvements to both wired and Bluetooth, and reports of some call out changes... A few items listed in the release notes but never more than a line or two, like "os update", "updated the updater" and "EQ fix", "headphone issues" and much more that isn't ever listed.
I don't think beta release notes are considered important during the beta phases... It's like a mystery hunt game.
The next production code release will contain the
most comprehensive list. Nobody knows when, except it will be when they finish stomping out the bugs.
You can always go back to production if you choose
If you want to keep your scores and settings then back them up before going from beta back to production so you can restore after. Production to beta is seamless and keeps everything, but it is very big and takes at least two reboots due to the os update process.

Thanks for the information. I am considering getting the game, I knew there was beta code but I wasn't sure what was being added to it. I guess for the most part, the core rules have remained the same with the game siding towards heavy multiball play.

#24338 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Thanks for the information. I am considering getting the game, I knew there was beta code but I wasn't sure what was being added to it. I guess for the most part, the core rules have remained the same with the game siding towards heavy multiball play.

Yes, beta isn't affecting core rules to my knowledge. . . there are some simple settings tweaks you can make to reduce occurrence of the 4 Multiballs if you choose, as long as you understand the reason for them, as avoiding them can negatively affect your scoring when the show starts during a song.

#24339 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes, beta isn't affecting core rules to my knowledge. . . there are some simple settings tweaks you can make to reduce occurrence of the 4 Multiballs if you choose, as long as you understand the reason for them, as avoiding them can negatively affect your scoring when the show starts during a song.

I see you also own a Rush, which do you enjoy more? I know they are completely different in terms of play...

#24340 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I see you also own a Rush, which do you enjoy more? I know they are completely different in terms of play...

They couldn't be more different.
I love all my children the same
JJP and Stern couldn't be more different also.

Rush plays so fast, the band is my all time favorite and I love it. But nothing compares to GNR, it's a masterpiece.

#24341 1 year ago

I feel really dumb but I simply don't understand how the skill shot works. Can someone please explain?

#24342 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I feel really dumb but I simply don't understand how the skill shot works. Can someone please explain?

Soft touch and don’t hit target!

#24343 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

We had issues with our skill shot too. Turned out we had to recalibrate the ball sensors under the playfield. There is a post in this thread somewhere how to do it.

What is meant to happen is you soft plunge the ball, without hitting the target, and only just up to the light for the skill shot. The screen will show you which light you need to plunge to. Similar to TZ skill shot.

#24344 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

You want the ball to roll over the lit insert sensor WITHOUT hitting the target at the end of the lane and NOT going beyond the insert that's lit you're trying to hit. It's a true skill shot, which is great, but it takes some time to get a feel for, since it requires a soft touch.

#24345 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You want the ball to roll over the lit insert sensor WITHOUT hitting the target at the end of the lane and NOT going beyond the insert that's lit you're trying to hit. It's a true skill shot, which is great, but it takes some time to get a feel for, since it requires a soft touch.

Oh damn where are the sensors at? In the inserts? I didn't see any sort of sensor

#24346 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Oh damn where are the sensors at? In the inserts? I didn't see any sort of sensor

They're under the playfield insert lenses, with the lights that tell you which insert is the one you want to hit. The bottom two are kind of hard to see unless you're well over 6' so you can also look at the screen to see which insert you're trying to hit.

Same sensor system for the ball lock on the guitar neck and keyboard in front of the center scoop.

#24347 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yep there's a sensor under each one.... riot lame weak good rad rock.

The keyboard inserts below the scoop also, and 6 on the guitar lock {unless you have an SE}.

#24348 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They couldn't be more different.
I love all my children the same
JJP and Stern couldn't be more different also.
Rush plays so fast, the band is my all time favorite and I love it. But nothing compares to GNR, it's a masterpiece.

I own Rush and I have played GNR, two versions (not CE). I would not say Rush is a very fast paced game but I would say GNR is a little on the slow side.

I'm interested in getting a GNR but I'm worried about the rules. I'm a big rules guy when it comes to pinball and in that department, Rush is amazing. I'm not sure the same can be said about GNR because that seems to be the main complaint when people start to criticizes it. This what has me wondering if buying one is a good move because I would probably part ways with Rush in order to obtain one.

#24349 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I own Rush and I have played GNR, two versions (not CE). I would not say Rush is a very fast paced game but I would say GNR is a little on the slow side.
I'm interested in getting a GNR but I'm worried about the rules. I'm a big rules guy when it comes to pinball and in that department, Rush is amazing. I'm not sure the same can be said about GNR because that seems to be the main complaint when people start to criticizes it. This what has me wondering if buying one is a good move because I would probably part ways with Rush in order to obtain one.

Sounds like you're Rushing GNR.
It's a top contender for most polarizing pin. Plenty available on the market. Can't say that about Rush.
I would encourage spending more time playing a couple hundred games to get deeper into the rules since you're are unsure and seem to be putting more weight on what other people think or say. That, and you would have to sell an "amazing" game to broker the deal puts even more weight on the decision. Rush seems to be increasing in price while GNR is decreasing. There's plenty of time on your side, and opportunity to continue discussion with the owner's here who are pinball veterans ... That ain't me.

#24350 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sounds like you're Rushing GNR.
It's a top contender for most polarizing pin. Plenty available on the market. Can't say that about Rush.
I would encourage spending more time playing a couple hundred games to get deeper into the rules since you're are unsure and seem to be putting more weight on what other people think or say. That, and you would have to sell an "amazing" game to broker the deal puts even more weight on the decision. There's plenty of time and opportunity to continue discussion with the owner's here who are pinball veterans ... That ain't me.

The thing is I just bought my first JJP game and I am really interesting in getting other. I have EHOH on order, otherwise I would just buy GNR. I am curious to see what comes next from Jack so I sorta have to get rid of something to get something else at this point. I have always enjoyed GNR when I played it, I should probably just get one.

BTW... I absolutely LOVE my POTC!!! Probably my favorite game of all time, that and Godzilla.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/487 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.