IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 486 of 569.
#24251 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

GnR is awesome & It's super fun to play.
Some don't get the design idea behind it. It wasn't meant to be a flow monster, but rather a change up machine with video added. It's a stop & go pin as a great change up from the norm, & that makes it different & cool. Regardless, it still has some great flow elements. The ramps are awesome, smooth, fast & super satisfying to hit. The loops are smooth & fast too, while the guitar pic spinners in the loop lanes with how they reflectively light up & play guitar strings as they spin are imo the greatest spinners ever in pinball bar none.
People just look at GnR from the wrong perspective. It's not going to be like Star Trek, AFM, Tron, Demo Man or even Dialed In with its flow, because It wasn't designed to be like that. It was made to be different & incorporate different playing elements into it. When people realize this, they'll appreciate it a lot more & enjoy it for what & how it is. = )
Flow aside, this pin has so much going on inside it, it's ridiculous! Everyone plays mine when they come over & barely touches my other machines now. The thing is totally immersive & completely mesmerizing. The massive LED screen, the mini LED screen, the lights, the sounds, the callouts, the colors, the hot rails, the songs, the interactive lockdown bar button... everyone is in awe of it! And while it'd be awesome to get a nice big code update with some video play refinements, a bunch more cool callouts & song additions, the thing is a an absolute code beast! I mean... 21 songs! All that coding for each individual song! All the coded light sequences! All the screen animations! All the concert footage! Videoing you & throwing you up on the big screen during game play like a jumbotron! Taking a selfie with Slash! Are you kidding me!!!? This thing probably has 10 times the amount of code than any other game ever made & it's twice as mesmerizing to boot. And me... I don't even care for Guns n Roses as a band, but the machine is simply awesome! So coding kudos to Keefer and the coding team!
My only gripe is not including the songs "Knocking on Heaven's door" & "Sweet Child of Mine" in the game. 2 of their biggest & best songs & they're unfortunately not in the machine. Short of copywrite issues, idk why they wouldn't be in there. Thank God Paul McCartney was nice enough to allow Live & Let Die to be used.
So if they do release a code update, I pray it has those 2 songs on it. They don't even have to code in new light shows. Just have those 2 songs randomly choose another songs light show, idc. That'd be cool enough for me. I just want those 2 songs in there. Either that or some genius in our community has to come up with a way to code them into the machine via flash drive the way others did with AC/DC when they expanded that machines song list.
Anyway, It won't be leaving my house any time soon. And my 16 y/o daughter (who was so upset at me for selling our Transformers LE Combo that she cried) loves it so much, she said & did this to me... "If you sell THIS... then made the throat slash to her neck with her eyes wide opened." I WAS STUNNED! In other words, sell this and I'll kill ya!
That says it all!
So while no game is for everyone, GnR is still an undeniably awesome pin.

Sweet child of mine is most definitely in the game. My wife drives me fuckin' nuts playing that damn song over and over every time she plays

#24252 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hi Glp,
Did you move the outlane posts in? I did that and it made a huge difference.

Yeah that was one of the tweaks. It did help.

#24253 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Yeah that was one of the tweaks. It did help.

Also, Have you turned up the lower flipper strength a few notches? If not, do so. And I'd highly recommend a PinMonk fan set. At least for the lower 2. Those two adjustments are literally game changers.

#24254 1 year ago

Yes, I made a mistake with "Sweet Child of Mine." My bad there. LOL There's a 2nd big song of theirs that's not in there that I wish was. I just can't think of it now. Heaven's Door and 1 other tune.

#24255 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have a collection of only 6 games, to include GnR LE, and it still gets very little play.

Yeah, but your collection would be hard for anyone to choose which to play. It's a choice collection man!
I have 2 and I play my Rush pro all the time these days, but its new, I have only had it a month and a half. I have had my GNR Since Nov '21 but I still feel like Pinfidel about it (except mine is better since it has Sweet Child on it. )

#24256 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Yes, I made a mistake with "Sweet Child of Mine." My bad there. LOL There's a 2nd big song of theirs that's not in there that I wish was. I just can't think of it now. Heaven's Door and 1 other tune.

Maybe it's Patience and you just haven't collected the patch yet. LOL!

#24257 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

GnR is awesome & It's super fun to play.
Some don't get the design idea behind it. It wasn't meant to be a flow monster, but rather a change up machine with video added. It's a stop & go pin as a great change up from the norm, & that makes it different & cool. Regardless, it still has some great flow elements. The ramps are awesome, smooth, fast & super satisfying to hit. The loops are smooth & fast too, while the guitar pic spinners in the loop lanes with how they reflectively light up & play guitar strings as they spin are imo the greatest spinners ever in pinball bar none.
People just look at GnR from the wrong perspective. It's not going to be like Star Trek, AFM, Tron, Demo Man or even Dialed In with its flow, because It wasn't designed to be like that. It was made to be different & incorporate different playing elements into it. When people realize this, they'll appreciate it a lot more & enjoy it for what & how it is. = )
Flow aside, this pin has so much going on inside it, it's ridiculous! Everyone plays mine when they come over & barely touches my other machines now. The thing is totally immersive & completely mesmerizing. The massive LED screen, the mini LED screen, the lights, the sounds, the callouts, the colors, the hot rails, the songs, the interactive lockdown bar button... everyone is in awe of it! And while it'd be awesome to get a nice big code update with some video play refinements, a bunch more cool callouts & song additions, the thing is a an absolute code beast! I mean... 21 songs! All that coding for each individual song! All the coded light sequences! All the screen animations! All the concert footage! Videoing you & throwing you up on the big screen during game play like a jumbotron! Taking a selfie with Slash! Are you kidding me!!!? This thing probably has 10 times the amount of code than any other game ever made & it's twice as mesmerizing to boot. And me... I don't even care for Guns n Roses as a band, but the machine is simply awesome! So coding kudos to Keefer and the coding team!
My only gripe is not including the songs "Knocking on Heaven's door" & "Sweet Child of Mine" in the game. 2 of their biggest & best songs & they're unfortunately not in the machine. Short of copywrite issues, idk why they wouldn't be in there. Thank God Paul McCartney was nice enough to allow Live & Let Die to be used.
So if they do release a code update, I pray it has those 2 songs on it. They don't even have to code in new light shows. Just have those 2 songs randomly choose another songs light show, idc. That'd be cool enough for me. I just want those 2 songs in there. Either that or some genius in our community has to come up with a way to code them into the machine via flash drive the way others did with AC/DC when they expanded that machines song list.
Anyway, It won't be leaving my house any time soon. And my 16 y/o daughter (who was so upset at me for selling our Transformers LE Combo that she cried) loves it so much, she said & did this to me... "If you sell THIS... then made the throat slash to her neck with her eyes wide opened." I WAS STUNNED! In other words, sell this and I'll kill ya!
That says it all!
So while no game is for everyone, GnR is still an undeniably awesome pin.

Sweet Child of Mine is in the game.

#24258 1 year ago

I thought every song the produced was in the game

#24259 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I still feel like Pinfidel about it (except mine is better since it has Sweet Child on it. )

You jerk! I'm dying laughing! Lol

Side note- Pinside desperately needs the crying laughing emoji.

Edit - No, it's not patience.

I'll have to Google their songs later. I just can't think of the song now. Sigh

#24260 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

"I used to love her"? That's a good one that I wished was in there...

#24261 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

"I used to love her"? That's a good one that I wished was in there...

No, that's not it.

Grrrr. My kids took my memory. Lol it's tough to get old. Lol

#24262 1 year ago

KOHD and Yesterdays were really the only charted hits that are missing besides some of the covers on Spaghetti Incident.

#24263 1 year ago

Just Googled their hit songs and I have to be honest, I just messed up. Heaven's Door is the song that should be on there. The other song I thought of was Sweet Child and I just brain cramped that it wasn't in there. My bad.

Told y'all, it's tough to get old. Lol

Edit - "Ain't it Fun" would be a cool adult song addition. Saw that on the Goog list and haven't heard that in a long time. Rosie goes off on that tune.

#24264 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have a collection of only 6 games, to include GnR LE, and it still gets very little play. Usually this is how it goes when I have friends over:
Friend: What game do you want to play?
Me: You're the guest, you pick.
Friend: Let's play Cirqus Voltaire.
Me: Sounds good.
A few hours go by and we've played every game multiple times, but GnR went untouched.
Friend: I'm getting ready to leave. Let's at least play one game on GnR.
Me: Let's do it.
Friend: This is a beautiful game, but it isn't much fun.
I have several different groups of friends that come to the house to play pinball, and this is pretty much what happens with all of them.
I am waiting for a good code update on this game, but I'm afraid it will never come. The layout is great, but the rules choke the fun right out of the game.

CV is the most overrated borefest game in the top 100 - So thereā€™s that opinion too.

#24265 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

CV is the most overrated borefest game in the top 100 - So thereā€™s that opinion too.

Being #37 on the top 100 for all these years pretty much says you're wrong, but what do I know.

#24266 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I can see it getting old quick in a home environment, but playing it on location in leagues and such it's a great pin.

#24267 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I can see it getting old quick in a home environment, but playing it on location in leagues and such it's a great pin.

I could see it getting old if it was your only game or if you only had 2-3. I have 6 and it's a great game to have in the rotation. Sometimes I enjoy a break from the deep rules of the newer games, which is why I bought Voltaire and Cactus Canyon.

#24268 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm thinking about grabbing those precision flipper halos too.

Do it! Prior to installing the Precision Flippers I would play a couple games, remember how annoying the flippers felt, and then move on to another pin. Now I'm actually enjoying GnR again!

#24269 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Do it! Prior to installing the Precision Flippers I would play a couple games, remember how annoying the flippers felt, and then move on to another pin. Now I'm actually enjoying GnR again!

He's going to be selling at TPF, so I'm going to pick them up there and save the shipping.

#24270 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm afraid if I put them on 1 game, I'll be buying 11 more sets

#24271 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm afraid if I put them on 1 game, I'll be buying 11 more sets

I know the feeling! I'm fine with the flippers on my GZ and older Williams, but JJP POTC and Spooky R&M def could use the Precisions.

#24272 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's a drain monster despite some tweaking. If they had moved the left ramp back 4 inches or so I think that would've helped.

You mention drains and left ramp position - sounds like the air ball drains I used to get form hitting the edge(s) of the ramp and or the targets by the ramp. It made me hate that part of the game, it was so frustrating.

Was the airball deflector from Pin Monk one of the tweaks you tried? If not, it solved that issue for me well over 95% of the time it would happen.

#24273 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's loose. Not the playfield fault, imo.
You can see the black washer looks like it's moving.
You can fix that. Remove both the washers, get clear petg, maybe even slightly bigger than the black, remove the metal washer. Throw it away. Get a 6 tooth t-nut to replace the 4 tooth.
Lightly start warm it up and smooth it out. Now Put the clear on, no metal washer, tighten down with new 6 tooth t-nut just to the point the washer starts to lift at the edges.
Did that and it's still good to this day.
Want the quick and dirty way Just take it apart smooth it all out with some low heat slowly take your time, throw the metal washer away Just use the black one, put the good side down tighten it until it starts to lift a little bit and keep an eye on it.
There's other variations but that first recommendation is what I did and it worked for me.
PS I've got some extra clear PETG washers I can send you in the mail. And six teeth t-nut. Glad to send you both

I checked the post. It's tight. I will probably try what you suggested but the pooling isn't because the post is loose.

#24274 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I checked the post. It's tight. I will probably try what you suggested but the pooling isn't because the post is loose.

Ok, regardless, same treatment applies!

#24275 1 year ago

I also checked and it doesn't look like the ball can hit the area that has the pooling so at least it's not taking direct hits.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24276 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have a collection of only 6 games, to include GnR LE, and it still gets very little play. Usually this is how it goes when I have friends over:
Friend: What game do you want to play?
Me: You're the guest, you pick.
Friend: Let's play Cirqus Voltaire.
Me: Sounds good.
A few hours go by and we've played every game multiple times, but GnR went untouched.
Friend: I'm getting ready to leave. Let's at least play one game on GnR.
Me: Let's do it.
Friend: This is a beautiful game, but it isn't much fun.
I have several different groups of friends that come to the house to play pinball, and this is pretty much what happens with all of them.
I am waiting for a good code update on this game, but I'm afraid it will never come. The layout is great, but the rules choke the fun right out of the game.

Sounds similar. I have a couple of friends that like to come over to play pinball for a few hours. I have 4 pins. None of them care to play GNR. Itā€™s just too unbalanced and the rules are boring. The game needs a few modes to kick in during gameplay other than fucking slash solo. They all agree itā€™s the sexiest game theyā€™ve seen but they all have more fun playing Baywatch, which is a criminally underrated game BTW

#24277 1 year ago

Is there a way for me to get on to the beta without joining the telegram channel? Can I keep my settings and scores if I move to beta?

#24278 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Is there a way for me to get on to the beta without joining the telegram channel? Can I keep my settings and scores if I move to beta?

You won't lose your high scores going to beta code.

#24279 1 year ago

So, my wife and I were playing some GnR tonight (She kicked my culo btw. Lol) and I noticed the upper playfield flipper wasn't falling all the way back down to it's proper base position. What was happening was the flipper rubber was rubbing up against the metal lane guide right behind it. The rubber even has a little worn off line where it's been hitting it. A literal groove in the rubber. Obviously this has been doing this for awhile, unbeknownst to me (haven't even owned it a month yet). I didn't know it till I saw it not falling all the way down after flipping it tonight.

Anyway, should this happen to anyone else, what I did was I took a long, strong pair of needle nose pliers I have and carefully grabbed the metal guide at the very end of it and twisted it just a tad upward and away from the flipper. Only took a few millineters to get it off and away from the rubber. No issues now and the flipper performs perfectly again.

I then cleaned and waxed the entire playfield. Gotta keep this gorgeous piece of art clean and protected.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know what happened to mine in case it happens to someone else down the road so they'll know what to do. = )

#24280 1 year ago

Great game.

Will be greater when code fully baked.

I want get back in the ring with an LE !

Will code update ever happen ?

#24281 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Will code update ever happen ?

The beta code is there , so it will happen .
Keith's just flat out doing the code for Godfather .

#24282 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

It's in settings of the game to enable beta. And yes.

Utilities - NETWORK settings - advanced settings - under updates there is a beta opt in

#24283 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sounds similar. I have a couple of friends that like to come over to play pinball for a few hours. I have 4 pins. None of them care to play GNR. Itā€™s just too unbalanced and the rules are boring. The game needs a few modes to kick in during gameplay other than fucking slash solo. They all agree itā€™s the sexiest game theyā€™ve seen but they all have more fun playing Baywatch, which is a criminally underrated game BTW

My experience is a bit different. I have two System 11s, two WPCs, and GnR LE.

The GNR gets the most love.

Friends and family that play at my place are all noobs. No hard core pinheads. So the simple instructions to qualify all the band members, shoot the center scoop and you get to pick your own song is simple and really resonates with them. They LOVE they can pick their songs. Points are irrelevant.

Next you get them looking at the goals to be accomplished during the song on the small screen. Then they fail. Get booed off stage. They laugh.

They do it again and again. They never take the jackpot. Their goal is to finish the song and get an encore.

Tack on an unexpected multiball here and there, which typically happens, and they are in heaven.

I appreciate the depth of pinball. But the simple side of things is how new people get into the hobby. If nothing meaningful happens until you are deep into the rules, it loses its appeal.

Patches, modes, stacking, etc. Not at first.

Like I said, my view here may be different. Doesn't mean its not my view.

#24284 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

KOHD and Yesterdays were really the only charted hits that are missing besides some of the covers on Spaghetti Incident.

Knockin on Heaven's Door and Yesterday would have been great to have. Were either of those songs played on the Not in this Lifetime tour.

Quoted from lemmings418:

My experience is a bit different. I have two System 11s, two WPCs, and GnR LE.
The GNR gets the most love.
Friends and family that play at my place are all noobs. No hard core pinheads. So the simple instructions to qualify all the band members, shoot the center scoop and you get to pick your own song is simple and really resonates with them. They LOVE they can pick their songs. Points are irrelevant.
Next you get them looking at the goals to be accomplished during the song on the small screen. Then they fail. Get booed off stage. They laugh.
They do it again and again. They never take the jackpot. Their goal is to finish the song and get an encore.
Tack on an unexpected multiball here and there, which typically happens, and they are in heaven.
I appreciate the depth of pinball. But the simple side of things is how new people get into the hobby. If nothing meaningful happens until you are deep into the rules, it loses its appeal.
Patches, modes, stacking, etc. Not at first.
Like I said, my view here may be different. Doesn't mean its not my view.

I think this is an awesome approach to introduce noobs. Thanks for sharing this. I'm definitely going to borrow this approach and simple instructions

#24285 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Knockin on Heaven's Door and Yesterday would have been great to have. Were either of those songs played on the Not in this Lifetime tour.

I think this is an awesome approach to introduce noobs. Thanks for sharing this. I'm definitely going to borrow this approach and simple instructions

Yes, both songs were regularly played on their set-list. I can understand why KOHD wasn't included since it's a Bob Dylan song and would have needed additional approval and licensing, but Yesterdays and Used to Lover her are the only originals that seem to be omitted from the game.

setlist (resized).pngsetlist (resized).png

#24286 1 year ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

My experience is a bit different.

Glad you shared it, it really helps present the game in a different perspective.

I tend to forget about the simple side of it and how quickly a novice (or anyone) can get into a song. This is due to me usually working on the perfect pre-song setup with boosters, ball locks and patches all in an effort to go for insanely high scoring.

I can't count how many times a song had to start before I was ready. I try and put them off as long as possible.

I appreciated reading your take on it. It also helps confirm how well-rounded this masterpiece of a game really is, for all audiences.

#24287 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes, both songs were regularly played on their set-list. I can understand why KOHD wasn't included since it's a Bob Dylan song and would have needed additional approval and licensing, but Yesterdays and Used to Lover her are the only originals that seem to be omitted from the game.
[quoted image]

Wish You Were Here would have been awesome to have in the game. I thought Black Hole Sun would have been face melting, but I looked up videos of their version and it's actually not good at all IMO.

#24288 1 year ago

Wow what the happened with Lior's topper? He closed the project, closed his whole thread, refunded any purchases and implied copyright violations for his topper? Anybody know the story?

#24289 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow what the happened with Lior's topper? He closed the project, closed his whole thread, refunded any purchases and implied copyright violations for his topper? Anybody know the story?

Even all of his other mods for GNR have been removed on the Art of Pinball sub page.

#24290 1 year ago

sounds like a crushing copyright strike, to me

#24291 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

probably just a huge flop.

#24292 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Even all of his other mods for GNR have been removed on the Art of Pinball sub page.

Wow... ok so due to new supply chain issues, here is what I got at current market pricing

Skull shooter mod: $2850
Bullet shooter rod: $2295
Action button Surround $1895
Drum Set: $2495

All four package deal $9995
Free ship

PM me.

#24293 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow... ok so due to new supply chain issues, here is what I got at current market pricing
Free ship
PM me.

Lol. I'll also sell at those prices!

#24294 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Free ship
PM me.

I'll give you $9994.99. Let me know. Lol

#24295 1 year ago

Just got my gunners!Thank you Zach @ Flipnout Pinball!
Whatā€™s the best way to run speaker thru to cabinet bass speaker lol
This is the most beautiful of pins!

#24296 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just got my gunners!Thank you Zach @ Flipnout Pinball!
Whatā€™s the best way to run speaker thru to cabinet bass speaker lol
This is the most beautiful of pins!

Wait.. 2 years and almost 200 posts later... You get the most active lurker award! Congrats on both achievements!

#24297 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wait.. 2 years and almost 200 posts later... You get the most active lurker award! Congrats on both achievements!

Iā€™m busted!Somebody has to defend JJP games from the haters! Iā€™ve seen and played this pin a time or two.I finally let go of my beloved Dial In for this beauty.

#24298 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's in settings of the game to enable beta. And yes.
Utilities - NETWORK settings - advanced settings - under updates there is a beta opt in

Thank you very much!

#24299 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Iā€™m busted!Somebody has to defend JJP games from the haters!

Itā€™s so blatant I often assume theyā€™re secretly on the Stern payroll.

#24300 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Art of pinball mods are still up on the Ministry of Pinball website. Get them while they last!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 486 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/486 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.