IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 569.
#24201 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

New personal record 18,000,000 6-ball powerchord jackpot, didn’t know it could get that high. Kept hitting the bass ramp about 3-4x till I got ball 6 in there. 9m or so was my previous. Going back in for more.

That’s bad ass! I forget, is there a high score table for highest powerchord jackpot? If not, there should be.

#24202 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s bad ass! I forget, is there a high score table for highest powerchord jackpot?

Definitely caught me off guard, now I might have to keep hitting the bass ramp a little more often before I lock #6 if it's going to be that lucrative. I think GNR keeps track of the powerchord jackpots but I don't think I've seen it in Scorebit. I'm anxious to play again tonight.

#24203 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

What happened to the voice call out of drummer?
“Thunder chucker mutha fucker”. Haven’t heard it in a while. Don’t know if I have to make a certain shot for this.
Thanks. I miss that saying.

Still have adult mode active?

#24204 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My room isn't completely dark. There's a few lamps for ambient lighting, so I imagine it will be fine. Looking forward to spotting some changes this weekend!

I updated to the Beta code to try it out and noticed a difference in It's so Easy for sure...

Any others that people know about?

Also, anyone with a Pin woofer system have to adjust the dials to avoid some clipping/audio drop out. Nothing major, just something I noticed after installing the Beta.

#24205 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

I updated to the Beta code to try it out and noticed a difference in It's so Easy for sure...
Any others that people know about?
Also, anyone with a Pin woofer system have to adjust the dials to avoid some clipping/audio drop out. Nothing major, just something I noticed after installing the Beta.

I just installed beta. First time ever. Took forever. Had to go thru two updates. Light show is different and readily noticeable on “it’s so easy” as you mentioned.
It not as dramatic but I’ve noticed differences on other songs and in jukebox mode.

I do not have pinwoofer (but want one and will likely get one. ESP if they are available at Texas pinball festival) and have not noticed any sound difference.

I have noticed higher scoring on song mode that I do not believe is related to my game play.

Should there be any other noticeable differences in the beta update?

#24206 1 year ago

I also updated to the Beta code. It took 2 separate updates apparently? I haven't noticed diddly squat difference, lol. I didn't play It's so Easy however.

#24207 1 year ago

Just bought GnR JJP a couple weeks ago and coming across a few issues. 1) my left ramp lane diverter is constantly popping up and then down continuously every 6 seconds or so during idle time. 2) “light the flames multi-ball activates almost immediately when starting a new game without hitting pyro target. 3) ball ejector will almost never work on first try 4) after ball plunge out of lane it will frequently come right back through door trap back down to plunger 5) after plunging ball if it rolls back to plunger, many times it will not sit all the way back to the stop creating a gap where it can’t be re-hit by plunger (may be due to Cliffy’s) not sure. TY

#24208 1 year ago

I’m loving the game, just getting a little frustrated with some of the bugs.

#24209 1 year ago
Quoted from MattKuem:

I’m loving the game, just getting a little frustrated with some of the bugs.

First, congrats on GNR and also finding Pinside, as someone said to me once when I entered just like you with my first pin GNR and finding Pinside .... you picked a hell of a pin for your entry into the hobby! Its true... but what can you do, it's too late now...... lol just kidding.....so..

Semantics, but bugs I think of as a software related issue, so it sounds like yours are not software bugs but rather hardware related and adjustments are needed within the mechanical / physical aspects of the game to get those items in order.
I would go into the diags and start looking at switches and switch history. You need an understanding of the diags, switch and sensor tests, switch maps, and tools within those diag options to survive GNR ownership. Sounds like you have some investigating to do!

#24210 1 year ago
Quoted from MattKuem:

1) my left ramp lane diverter is constantly popping up and then down continuously every 6 seconds or so during idle time.

This could be triggered by a switch firing. Let it fire off a few times, then go in immediately into diag and Check switch logs. Determine which switch or switches are firing and resolve that. Might recommend you take the glass off for all these tests.

Quoted from MattKuem:

2) “light the flames multi-ball activates almost immediately when starting a new game without hitting pyro target.

This could also be the leaf blade/rubber/switch/target that triggers the Pyro MB (dont remember)... and very well could be the root cause affecting #1. Glass off, find this switch, inspect it, test it, fix it.

Quoted from MattKuem:

3) ball ejector will almost never work on first try

are you talking about the center scoop? or the auto plunge? or if its the ball feeding into the shooter lane, then its likely related to #5 and the cliffy is suspect for two of your issues. Consider just to remove it. I dont think its necessary personally. Owners with thousands of plays and shooter lane is fine. Show me someone without a cliffy who has shooter lane damage.

Quoted from MattKuem:

4) after ball plunge out of lane it will frequently come right back through door trap back down to plunger

There is a sticky key post on adjusting the gate height to prevent this. Very common issue- I think it involves installing 1 or two washers - easy fix. See key post section at the top of every page.

Quoted from MattKuem:

5) after plunging ball if it rolls back to plunger, many times it will not sit all the way back to the stop creating a gap where it can’t be re-hit by plunger (may be due to Cliffy’s) not sure.

Could be cliffy, or maybe if it stops before the wire rollover switch in the shooter lane just before the plunger then it needs adjusting lower? Otherwise, if not that wire, I am not familiar with this exact issue which leads me to think it could be the cliffy. Related to possible #3

#24211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

...anyone with a Pin woofer system have to adjust the dials to avoid some clipping/audio drop out. Nothing major, just something I noticed after installing the Beta.

Hey Ponzie ! If you have the PinWoofer GT amplifier (which in your case, you do) you can perform an expander board delete which helps to reduce / eliminate source clipping:

https://pinwoofer.com/content/PW-GT-JJP-Expander-Board-Delete-Instructions.pdf

(The KO and KOP sets do not employ an expander board as an FYI.)

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

#24212 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Ponzie ! If you have the PinWoofer GT amplifier (which in your case, you do) you can perform an expander board delete which helps to reduce / eliminate source clipping:
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]

I deleted mine but I can't get my GT to not clip/cut out on lower volumes.. forces me to play loud.
Played with gain, volume, and multiple combinations of pin volume and gt volume and gain... Can't find a combination that works.

#24213 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I deleted mine but I can't get my GT to not clip/cut out on lower volumes.. forces me to play loud.
Played with gain, volume, and multiple combinations of pin volume and gt volume and gain... Can't find a combination that works.

Hey Vespula . Clipping is a bit different than auto mute in this context. Here is my advice. AFTER DELETE: run the gain at 4-6 o'clock, run the title volume in the 30-50 range, and if 30 is too loud for quiet play, you can reduce the Vol control on the amp. Scores of guys have, and I'm certain you will get there too! Bam.

#24214 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Vespula . Clipping is a bit different than auto mute in this context. Here is my advice. AFTER DELETE: run the gain at 4-6 o'clock, run the title volume in the 30-50 range, and if 30 is too loud for quiet play, you can reduce the Vol control on the amp. Scores of guys have, and I'm certain you will get there too! Bam.

Gotcha. Thanks. Delete has been done.
I'll try those settings you recommend. I've not ventured much past upper 30s in the title volume. I also don't want to introduce any hiss. I want quiet to be .. well, quiet.

Would the KO behave differently/better?

#24215 1 year ago

GNR (resized).jpgGNR (resized).jpg

#24216 1 year ago

The blue rubbers on the sides of the scoop finally broke on my GnR. Replacement took less than hour. In case anyone is wondering about longevity of the originals, they lasted 846 games.

#24217 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]

Thanks Dan!
Will give this a try.

Still love my PinWoofer systems!

#24218 1 year ago

I guess I’m just bad at pinball. My highest score on GnR is 52 million. Top 11 is 11mil plus.
Looking at other scores, it seems that players often get my go score on one song!!
I know to max out multi balls. I don’t change songs. Are there any key settings I’m missing? I have read thru previous post etc on settings. But is there one or two that seem to really help more than others??
Are there any shots in particular you deem more important and that I should practice?
I do believe my L flipper is resting slighly higher than it used to. This has led to more difficulty in locking balls on guitar.

Thanks for all the help.

#24219 1 year ago

I guess I’m just bad at pinball. My highest score on GnR is 52 million. Top 11 is 11mil plus.
Looking at other scores, it seems that players often get my go score on one song!!
I know to max out multi balls. I don’t change songs. Are there any key settings I’m missing? I have read thru previous post etc on settings. But is there one or two that seem to really help more than others??
Are there any shots in particular you deem more important and that I should practice?
I do believe my L flipper is resting slighly higher than it used to. This has led to more difficulty in locking balls on guitar.
Thanks for all the help.

Band frenzy is key. Get the fender, Vader, duff patches first to slip right into band frenzy quickly during a song. Hit the ball into the pops through the spinner just left of the loop during the frenzy and the jackpot builds like crazy. Then the challenge is to actually collect it.

#24220 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Band frenzy is key. Get the fender, Vader, duff patches first to slip right into band frenzy quickly during a song. Hit the ball into the pops through the spinner just left of the loop during the frenzy and the jackpot builds like crazy. Then the challenge is to actually collect it.

Thank you will try this tonight. I typically go for the sponsor patches to try and light xtra ball.
Re the spinner you mentioned. This spinner is just to the R of the on stage ramp??

#24221 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hit the ball into the pops

What he said plus even faster jackpot boost during frenzy if you also have Frank’s Thunderchucker patch while in there during frenzy.

#24222 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What he said plus even faster jackpot boost during frenzy if you also have Frank’s Thunderchucker patch while in there during frenzy.

What patch is this?! If I’ve owned this game for over a year and somehow missed seeing the thunderchucker patch well shame on me!

#24223 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

What patch is this?! If I’ve owned this game for over a year and somehow missed seeing the thunderchucker patch well shame on me!

IMG20230205171223 (resized).jpgIMG20230205171223 (resized).jpg
#24224 1 year ago

Thank you will try this tonight. I typically go for the sponsor patches to try and light xtra ball.
Re the spinner you mentioned. This spinner is just to the R of the on stage ramp??

Yep. I don't usually go for extra balls anyway unless you want to cash in early on a song.

#24225 1 year ago

Just installed the Precision Pinball flipper HALOGRAPHIC kit on my GnR LE and the difference is phenomenal. These should be standard on all JJP games. I can now make the inner orbit shot go all the way around every time with the right upper flipper. Great to know John and his company are close by. He stopped by to deliver the kit to me in person and reminisced about knowing Keith Elwin as he too was a local before going to Stern. Could not be happier and the installation was easy. One of the best features of this set is how you can adjust the flipper from the top of the playfield by just removing the screw and using a small puller kit to pull the flipper off. I can now lower the flipper coil power to compensate for less flex in the flipper bat. Next up is my Stern Deadpool Pro for sure.

12BA8C0D-93BA-4663-BF58-44C22173934B (resized).jpeg12BA8C0D-93BA-4663-BF58-44C22173934B (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24226 1 year ago

I just had the most progress in a game I think I've ever had.

Played 3 songs. Cashed 2 out and got encore on the other. Played all 3 album modes and beat 2. I was one car away in demolition and drained. Boooooo.

I drained trying to start the last song I needed.

Funny enough didnt get slash or tour multiball and total score was only 22m.

But it was fun to dive into the depth instead of just go for scores.

This game might truly never leave.

Does anyone want a beautiful star wars premium tho? Hahaha

#24227 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Does anyone want a beautiful star wars premium tho? Hahaha

Yes! But I have no money and you live far away

#24228 1 year ago

My first pinball I bought was Addams Family and it was the holy grail for me as I had played it so much during college. After owning it for 15 years and putting in 100-200 hours restoring the playfield to like new condition (new playfield plus replaced, rebuilt, or reconditioned everything on it) I ended up selling it to pay for my GnR after being blown away by that machine after playing one on location after it came out. My kids were so bummed and I was sad to see Addams go after putting so much work into it, but it was finally time for something new.

No regrets as GnR is awesome and I’m very happy having a modern pin. And since then I even picked up a Rush since that is my all-time favorite band.

Fast forward to a week or so ago when the guy who bought my TAF asked if I wanted to buy it back at a significant discount from what he paid, so I jumped on the opportunity. It needs a serious cleaning and some repair in a few areas so I’ve already started stripping down the playfield and will get everything back in pristine shape again. Unfortunately I don’t have the space or budget to keep it, but it is so awesome to have it back home again. I never thought I would see this machine again.

I’ll be sad to see it go again, but I am grateful that selling it the first allowed me to afford GnR. And while my love for GnR waned a bit after getting Rush, I’m back to playing it more now and falling in love with it all over again. Fingers crossed that we will get some significant code updates still as I think that will make this machine so much better even.

#24229 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

My first pinball I bought was Addams Family and it was the holy grail for me as I had played it so much during college. After owning it for 15 years and putting in 100-200 hours restoring the playfield to like new condition (new playfield plus replaced, rebuilt, or reconditioned everything on it) I ended up selling it to pay for my GnR after being blown away by that machine after playing one on location after it came out. My kids were so bummed and I was sad to see Addams go after putting so much work into it, but it was finally time for something new.
No regrets as GnR is awesome and I’m very happy having a modern pin. And since then I even picked up a Rush since that is my all-time favorite band.
Fast forward to a week or so ago when the guy who bought my TAF asked if I wanted to buy it back at a significant discount from what he paid, so I jumped on the opportunity. It needs a serious cleaning and some repair in a few areas so I’ve already started stripping down the playfield and will get everything back in pristine shape again. Unfortunately I don’t have the space or budget to keep it, but it is so awesome to have it back home again. I never thought I would see this machine again.
I’ll be sad to see it go again, but I am grateful that selling it the first allowed me to afford GnR. And while my love for GnR waned a bit after getting Rush, I’m back to playing it more now and falling in love with it all over again. Fingers crossed that we will get some significant code updates still as I think that will make this machine so much better even.

I know that wasn’t really on topic for GnR owners thread, but it was such a cool story to me that the machine came back to me that I wanted to share.

#24230 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

my love for GnR waned a bit after getting Rush

I feel this statement. I also got Rush in December... I played GNR the other night after being all about RUSH these days, and wow did I get smacked in the head at what I was missing. Dont get me wrong, as RUSH is my all time favorite band too, these two pins are so different but are a great duo, but GNR is, well, I dont have to tell you... falling in love all over again is a good way to put it.

Good story! It was definitely appropriate.. I read it the whole time thinking you were going to say goodbye and you were going sell your GNR to make room for TAF return.... phew! Glad I was wrong or this post would have been wayyyyy different.

On other news, did you see Lior posted a video for his topper with order link in his thread? 350 pieces @ $2350 each.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/14#post-7393597

#24231 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

On other news, did you see Lior posted a video for his topper with order link in his thread? 350 pieces @ $2350 each.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/14#post-7393597

For that kind of money you would think the topper would be animated with movement in some way? I'm not saying it doesn't look cool, but that's a high price for molded/painted parts and LEDs. Also, given the static (if not falling) prices on GnR, I think he missed the boat on this one imo.

#24232 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

GnR and Rush are a great combo!

20230112_175855 (resized).jpg20230112_175855 (resized).jpg
#24233 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

GnR and Rush are a great combo!
[quoted image]

You know it.
That's a well manicured set of 4.

#24234 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a set of brand new official JJP art blades for their GNR? I got them, but I already have mirror blades on my game and I decided I don't want to try to take those off to put these on. I would sell them for $100 shipped, so a nice discount for anyone looking for a set. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. Thanks.

Added 14 months ago:

These are no longer available.

#24235 1 year ago

I was on instagram and Lior’s topper for GNR popped up. It looks awesome but that price tag. Anybody planning on getting one?

#24236 1 year ago

He might sell a dozen at that price. GNR prices sinking like the RMS Titanic! I’m holding onto my LE, it’s an amazing pin regardless of market value

#24237 1 year ago

Public service announcement. March 2022 build and I noticed pooling on the post between the left inlanes. I don't think JJP actually fixed their playfield pooling issues.

Screenshot_20230208-223426 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230208-223426 (resized).png
#24238 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

I was on instagram and Lior’s topper for GNR popped up. It looks awesome but that price tag. Anybody planning on getting one?

Awesome topper. Might have jumped in a year ago. Not now..

#24239 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Public service announcement. March 2022 build and I noticed pooling on the post between the left inlanes. I don't think JJP actually fixed their playfield pooling issues.
[quoted image]

It's loose. Not the playfield fault, imo.
You can see the black washer looks like it's moving.
You can fix that. Remove both the washers, get clear petg, maybe even slightly bigger than the black, remove the metal washer. Throw it away. Get a 6 tooth t-nut to replace the 4 tooth.
Lightly start warm it up and smooth it out. Now Put the clear on, no metal washer, tighten down with new 6 tooth t-nut just to the point the washer starts to lift at the edges.
Did that and it's still good to this day.

Want the quick and dirty way Just take it apart smooth it all out with some low heat slowly take your time, throw the metal washer away Just use the black one, put the good side down tighten it until it starts to lift a little bit and keep an eye on it.

There's other variations but that first recommendation is what I did and it worked for me.

PS I've got some extra clear PETG washers I can send you in the mail. And six teeth t-nut. Glad to send you both

#24240 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's loose. Not the playfield fault, imo.
You can see the black washer looks like it's moving.
You can fix that. Remove both the washers, get clear petg, maybe even slightly bigger than the black, remove the metal washer. Throw it away. Get a 6 tooth t-nut to replace the 4 tooth.
Lightly start warm it up and smooth it out. Now Put the clear on, no metal washer, tighten down with new 6 tooth t-nut just to the point the washer starts to lift at the edges.
Did that and it's still good to this day.
Want the quick and dirty way Just take it apart smooth it all out with some low heat slowly take your time, throw the metal washer away Just use the black one, put the good side down tighten it until it starts to lift a little bit and keep an eye on it.
There's other variations but that's what I did and it worked for me.

Sorry but it is the fault of the playfield i.e. jjp. Let's not excuse things just because we might love the game. On no other game have I had to deal with this issue. ( To be fair LZ has dimpling issues). It's BS but we know how to mitigate it.

#24241 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Awesome topper. Might have jumped in a year ago. Not now..

I agree. I am making zero further investment in this game at this point. Nobody in my household is playing it and I fear, based on its sinking value, I am not the only one.

#24242 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Sorry but it is the fault of the playfield i.e. jjp. Let's not excuse things just because we might love the game. On no other game have I had to deal with this issue. ( To be fair LZ has dimpling issues). It's BS but we know how to mitigate it.

Yeah that's a fair point. I'm obviously not being sensitive to the ptsd. Apologies. Don't misinterpret my intentions as an excuse. I'm not excusing anything.

I'm just trying to help because I've been where he is... It sucks. As it's almost a year old pin, I'm 99% certain from that picture that his pooling/buckling can be repaired, and prevented as there black washer appears not seated well and post is clearly moving.

For anyone else reading this with similar issues that are not major and appropriate for basic pooling and post stabilizing scenario that they want to address, the clear washers look better and are stronger and found in various sizes here
https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html
(Note They have a protective film on them that you peel off both sides before you install)

If you want the 6 tooth t-nuts for better stability, I got them on Amazon for 12 bucks. Yeah you don't need 50 but what are you gonna do.
Parts Express #10-32 Deluxe 6-Prong T-Nuts 50 Pcs. https://a.co/d/aiFBHgb

If anyone has never checked theirr posts, it might be a good idea next time you clean/wax to inspect and check your posts are snug and not worked loose as a preventative maintenance item to help avoid pooling. Sometimes if there's movement it could be the post is actually tight but t-nut teeth ( only 2 teeth from factory iirc) have chewed away a bit of the wood that's allowing the very small movement to occur.. that's why the 6 tooth larger t nuts can be helpful as they make a new bigger bite in the wood and more teeth will stabilize it coupled with the stronger clear petg washer.

If damage has occurred and progressed past pooling to the point artwork is damaged or flaking then I'd recommend you post your pictures here and let the forum of veterans discuss specific treatments that might involve mylar or other materials like carbon fiber, for example, and get those recommendations for your specific situation beforehand!

#24243 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I agree. I am making zero further investment in this game at this point. Nobody in my household is playing it and I fear, based on its sinking value, I am not the only one.

Well hopefully the value of gnr to you is more than just it's resale market price. The honeymoon is over on that one for most people and With 16 pins I bet you have others no one's playing either. I'm going to also point the finger at your new bride, gz premium, as the one getting all the action. Remove that one and see what happens but that's not a serious statement, just making a point. Gz is smokin hot.

#24244 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well hopefully the value of gnr to you is more than just it's resale market price. The honeymoon is over on that one for most people and With 16 pins I bet you have others no one's playing either. I'm going to also point the finger at your new bride, gz premium, as the one getting all the action. Remove that one and see what happens but that's not a serious statement, just making a point. Gz is smokin hot.

I have a collection of only 6 games, to include GnR LE, and it still gets very little play. Usually this is how it goes when I have friends over:

Friend: What game do you want to play?
Me: You're the guest, you pick.
Friend: Let's play Cirqus Voltaire.
Me: Sounds good.

A few hours go by and we've played every game multiple times, but GnR went untouched.

Friend: I'm getting ready to leave. Let's at least play one game on GnR.
Me: Let's do it.
Friend: This is a beautiful game, but it isn't much fun.

I have several different groups of friends that come to the house to play pinball, and this is pretty much what happens with all of them.

I am waiting for a good code update on this game, but I'm afraid it will never come. The layout is great, but the rules choke the fun right out of the game.

#24245 1 year ago

My other games still get played but there hasn't been one guest who hasn't thought GNR was still one of the best or coolest games they've ever seen or played. A lot of times I wonder if I'll even get a turn to play it when I have people over and they keep it occupied. It definitely seems to be one of the most polarizing games of all time.

Just cleaned and waxed mine again earlier this week. No issues to report, except my record spinner finally came loose again.

#24246 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have a collection of only 6 games, to include GnR LE, and it still gets very little play. Usually this is how it goes when I have friends over:
A few hours go by and we've played every game multiple times, but GnR went untouched.
I have several different groups of friends that come to the house to play pinball, and this is pretty much what happens with all of them.
I am waiting for a good code update on this game, but I'm afraid it will never come. The layout is great, but the rules choke the fun right out of the game.

Download the beta and use the game tweaks listed on this thread. It made all the difference in the world for me and my guests. I'm thinking about grabbing those precision flipper halos too.

#24247 1 year ago

GnR is awesome & It's super fun to play.

Some don't get the design idea behind it. It wasn't meant to be a flow monster, but rather a change up machine with video added. It's a stop & go pin as a great change up from the norm, & that makes it different & cool. Regardless, it still has some great flow elements. The ramps are awesome, smooth, fast & super satisfying to hit. The loops are smooth & fast too, while the guitar pic spinners in the loop lanes with how they reflectively light up & play guitar strings as they spin are imo the greatest spinners ever in pinball bar none.

People just look at GnR from the wrong perspective. It's not going to be like Star Trek, AFM, Tron, Demo Man or even Dialed In with its flow, because It wasn't designed to be like that. It was made to be different & incorporate different playing elements into it. When people realize this, they'll appreciate it a lot more & enjoy it for what & how it is. = )

Flow aside, this pin has so much going on inside it, it's ridiculous! Everyone plays mine when they come over & barely touches my other machines now. The thing is totally immersive & completely mesmerizing. The massive LED screen, the mini LED screen, the lights, the sounds, the callouts, the colors, the hot rails, the songs, the interactive lockdown bar button... everyone is in awe of it! And while it'd be awesome to get a nice big code update with some video play refinements, a bunch more cool callouts & song additions, the thing is a an absolute code beast! I mean... 21 songs! All that coding for each individual song! All the coded light sequences! All the screen animations! All the concert footage! Videoing you & throwing you up on the big screen during game play like a jumbotron! Taking a selfie with Slash! Are you kidding me!!!? This thing probably has 10 times the amount of code than any other game ever made & it's twice as mesmerizing to boot. And me... I don't even care for Guns n Roses as a band, but the machine is simply awesome! So coding kudos to Keefer and the coding team!

My only gripe is not including the songs "Knocking on Heaven's door" & "Sweet Child of Mine" in the game. 2 of their biggest & best songs & they're unfortunately not in the machine. Short of copywrite issues, idk why they wouldn't be in there. Thank God Paul McCartney was nice enough to allow Live & Let Die to be used.

So if they do release a code update, I pray it has those 2 songs on it. They don't even have to code in new light shows. Just have those 2 songs randomly choose another songs light show, idc. That'd be cool enough for me. I just want those 2 songs in there. Either that or some genius in our community has to come up with a way to code them into the machine via flash drive the way others did with AC/DC when they expanded that machines song list.

Anyway, It won't be leaving my house any time soon. And my 16 y/o daughter (who was so upset at me for selling our Transformers LE Combo that she cried) loves it so much, she said & did this to me... "If you sell THIS... then made the throat slash to her neck with her eyes wide opened." I WAS STUNNED! In other words, sell this and I'll kill ya!

That says it all!

So while no game is for everyone, GnR is still an undeniably awesome pin.

#24248 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Same for me. It doesn't get played a lot. It's a drain monster despite some tweaking. If they had moved the left ramp back 4 inches or so I think that would've helped. Gonna try precision flippers next and see if that helps.

#24249 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

GnR is awesome & It's super fun to play.
Some don't get the design idea behind it. It wasn't meant to be a flow monster, but rather a change up machine with video added. It's a stop & go pin as a great change up from the norm, & that makes it different & cool. Regardless, it still has some great flow elements. The ramps are awesome, smooth, fast & super satisfying to hit. The loops are smooth & fast too, while the guitar pic spinners in the loop lanes with how they reflectively light up & play guitar strings as they spin are imo the greatest spinners ever in pinball bar none.
People just look at GnR from the wrong perspective. It's not going to be like Star Trek, AFM, Tron, Demo Man or even Dialed In with its flow, because It wasn't designed to be like that. It was made to be different & incorporate different playing elements into it. When people realize this, they'll appreciate it a lot more & enjoy it for what & how it is. = )
Flow aside, this pin has so much going on inside it, it's ridiculous! Everyone plays mine when they come over & barely touches my other machines now. The thing is totally immersive & completely mesmerizing. The massive LED screen, the mini LED screen, the lights, the sounds, the callouts, the colors, the hot rails, the songs, the interactive lockdown bar button... everyone is in awe of it! And while it'd be awesome to get a nice big code update with some video play refinements, a bunch more cool callouts & song additions, the thing is a an absolute code beast! I mean... 21 songs! All that coding for each individual song! All the coded light sequences! All the screen animations! All the concert footage! Videoing you & throwing you up on the big screen during game play like a jumbotron! Taking a selfie with Slash! Are you kidding me!!!? This thing probably has 10 times the amount of code than any other game ever made & it's twice as mesmerizing to boot. And me... I don't even care for Guns n Roses as a band, but the machine is simply awesome! So coding kudos to Keefer and the coding team!
My only gripe is not including the songs "Knocking on Heaven's door" & "Sweet Child of Mine" in the game. 2 of their biggest & best songs & they're unfortunately not in the machine. Short of copywrite issues, idk why they wouldn't be in there. Thank God Paul McCartney was nice enough to allow Live & Let Die to be used.
So if they do release a code update, I pray it has those 2 songs on it. They don't even have to code in new light shows. Just have those 2 songs randomly choose another songs light show, idc. That'd be cool enough for me. I just want those 2 songs in there. Either that or some genius in our community has to come up with a way to code them into the machine via flash drive the way others did with AC/DC when they expanded that machines song list.
Anyway, It won't be leaving my house any time soon. And my 16 y/o daughter (who was so upset at me for selling our Transformers LE Combo that she cried) loves it so much, she said & did this to me... "If you sell THIS... then made the throat slash to her neck with her eyes wide opened." I WAS STUNNED! In other words, sell this and I'll kill ya!
That says it all!
So while no game is for everyone, GnR is still an undeniably awesome pin.

Sweet Child is in the game.

#24250 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

It's a drain monster despite some tweaking.

Hi Glp,

Did you move the outlane posts in? I did that and it made a huge difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/485 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.