Screenshot_20230124_093602_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG20230124184309 (resized).jpg
7B98FCC6-7FE8-4529-8B17-66DC90057F46 (resized).jpeg
16741706648443917570718290474957 (resized).jpg
16741706249012928921641632644634 (resized).jpg
16741705572057163627051120652536 (resized).jpg
20230115_123909 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

76 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,240 posts in this topic. You are on page 484 of 485.
#24151 15 days ago

....but where is the code.....

#24152 15 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

....but where is the code.....

GNR needs a couple big game changing updates like JJP did the with the Hobbit. GNR has been hammered on the secondary market because of its code. It sounds like something is being worked on but it’s been over a year since JJP released a public update for GNR…Hopefully a big code update is right around the corner.

#24153 15 days ago

No bozos, huh? You should take your own advice.

Screenshot_20230124_093602_Chrome (resized).jpg
#24154 15 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

but where is the code..

Have you not heard of the open Beta program? Plenty of updates happening there. No major issues. Seems like any other normal progressive series of code updates. Just ignore the beta moniker and treat it like a regular update and you should find more happiness.

#24155 15 days ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Have you not heard of the open Beta program? Plenty of updates happening there. No major issues. Seems like any other normal progressive series of code updates. Just ignore the beta moniker and treat it like a regular update and you should find more happiness.

Beta updates are great and all but they don't change the general perception about the games code as they are not official updates. I doubt half of GNR home owners and likely 0% of location operators are running beta code. Where's a new public code release? It's been over a year since the last one. A public code release has the capability to change the perception of GNR, increase sales, and positively impact it's value.

This whole code being in beta for 6+ months and in some cases years (Pirates) has gotten a bit ridiculous. I love JJP games but their code support and frequency of public updates has fallen from years past. I'm not the only one thinking this way, 3 other GNR owners in a pinball league I'm in are saying similar things and one of them is now selling their game. As a customer it's making me starting to look at Stern pins, which for the past 5 years have had great code support, for my next pin purchase.

#24156 15 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Where's a public release for the code

It's coming. When it's ready, but it's coming. Meanwhile enjoy the beta.

#24157 15 days ago

Beta combined with the scoring tweaks by Eskaybee turned this game around for me. I was about to sell it too.

#24158 15 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GNR needs a couple big game changing updates like JJP did the with the Hobbit.

Completely agree with this.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Beta updates are great and all but they don't change the general perception about the games code as they are not official updates.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3 other GNR owners in a pinball league I'm in are saying similar things and one of them is now selling their game.

I think it's pretty lame to be in a position to own such an expensive and sophisticated game and not be aware of, or participate in the beta, and then use it as an excuse to hate on the game or sell it. It's great they're doing the beta updates, much better than nothing.

I see where you're coming from though.

Some people probably aren't aware. But if you're here in this thread, you're most likely aware. If you and we are aware, then we're all also likely able to tell people we know with the game who don't know about beta, and those who are complaining about lack of regular code updates, how to get in on it rather than letting them stew over it thinking there's nothing at all.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Beta combined with the scoring tweaks by Eskaybee turned this game around for me. I was about to sell it too

Case in point. Thanks.

#24159 15 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Beta combined with the scoring tweaks by Eskaybee turned this game around for me. I was about to sell it too.

Probably these tweaks? (Just curious)

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Score balancing can be found by adjusting game settings. Making individual songs harder will make them score lower while making album modes easier to qualify will boost their scoring levels. Additionally, increasing timer to powerchord jackpot make it more lucrative during songs. I also recommend playing with your ball saver timer settings and increasing the timer for applause jackpot to compensate (recommend 30 secs) - it’s fun and interesting when applause lights sooner than usual but you don’t have your meter max’d so you have 30 seconds to fill that meter before collecting applause to get the encore.

#24160 15 days ago

Can someone who purchased a replacement ce playfield please let me know what jjp was charging? Thanks

#24161 15 days ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Can someone who purchased a replacement ce playfield please let me know what jjp was charging? Thanks

76BCB892-DA88-457F-903E-A36863F9C612 (resized).jpeg
#24162 15 days ago

Just installed the Beta code to give it a kick around... Why not eh?

I do love my GnR LE... Looking forward to finding a few new nuggets of fun.

#24163 15 days ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

For anyone who hasn't changed a snubber rubber yet on their GNR LE or CE or anyone who wants a visual walkthrough, I finally posted a 30 minute video of the quick method previously posted here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/375#post-6671996

Just wanted to say thanks for this the above post. I replaced my blue snubber block just now. Also inserted new scoop protector. (Going to get me a cliffys, but they back ordered now).
Without the above post I would have been lost.

Thanks again. I appreciate all the inside this board has.

#24164 14 days ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

Just wanted to say thanks for this the above post.

Hey, thanks! Glad it helped!

#24165 14 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Probably these tweaks? (Just curious)

That's the one.

#24166 14 days ago

So how does one get access to the Beta code? I've held off for a while, just waiting for "official" release, but I keep hearing how good/near complete the beta is. I may give it a try.

#24167 14 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So how does one get access to the Beta code? I've held off for a while, just waiting for "official" release, but I keep hearing how good/near complete the beta is. I may give it a try.

Go to advanced settings and select Beta code. Then do an update. I did that last night. Nice to see that equilizer, some lightshows have been altered, not always an improvement in my opinion. Like the lights go out on It's so easy, as I always play in the dark this is a real challenge now.

#24168 14 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Go to advanced settings and select Beta code. Then do an update. I did that last night. Nice to see that equilizer, some lightshows have been altered, not always an improvement in my opinion. Like the lights go out on It's so easy, as I always play in the dark this is a real challenge now.

Thank you, and yeah, lights completely out is no bueno for folks who play in a dark room.

#24169 14 days ago

Thank you, and yeah, lights completely out is no bueno for folks who play in a dark room.

It's just a different kind of challenge. Rush has fly by night multiball modes and part of it is playfield getting dimmer based on rules, etc until it's completely dark... (Night)
I love it, and it's so easy has a similar feel.
It's definitely more challenging and it's just a short time to add to the variety, so I am one of those guys who like it. But in fairness....having the HYPERLYTES and Pinstadiums changes things.. So I guess I don't really have a stock experience.
You do have a countdown before the song starts if you need to turn on a light.

#24170 14 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's just a different kind of challenge. Rush has fly by night multiball modes and part of it is playfield getting dimmer based on rules, etc until it's completely dark... (Night)
I love it, and it's so easy has a similar feel.
It's definitely more challenging and it's just a short time to add to the variety, so I am one of those guys who like it. But in fairness....having the HYPERLYTES and Pinstadiums changes things.. So I guess I don't really have a stock experience.
You do have a countdown before the song starts if you need to turn on a light.

My room isn't completely dark. There's a few lamps for ambient lighting, so I imagine it will be fine. Looking forward to spotting some changes this weekend!

#24171 14 days ago

All - any update on this PFC alarm issue? I use a nice piece of electrical tape on the mini-USB under the playfield and it works really well for a while. Then it errors again. I replace the tape (pulled nice and tight). I'm good for a while.

So, Is there a permanent fix? I emailed JJP about it, and they mentioned, that "Yep it's a problem, and the tape should really help!"

Not exactly a great response.

GnR - Protector PFC Alarm (resized).JPG
#24172 14 days ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

All - any update on this PFC alarm issue? I use a nice piece of electrical tape on the mini-USB under the playfield and it works really well for a while. Then it errors again. I replace the tape (pulled nice and tight). I'm good for a while.
So, Is there a permanent fix? I emailed JJP about it, and they mentioned, that "Yep it's a problem, and the tape should really help!"
Not exactly a great response.
[quoted image]

Have you checked the other end at the back box IO board to make sure it's good connection also? Maybe remove and reseat that too.
Another thing is make sure there's enough slack so when you lower the playfield it doesn't pull on it.
I used a flashlight observing in the coin to make sure no binding/pulling.

#24173 14 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Have you checked the other end at the back box IO board to make sure it's good connection also? Maybe remove and reseat that too.
Another thing is make sure there's enough slack so when you lower the playfield it doesn't pull on it.
I used a flashlight observing in the coin to make sure no binding/pulling.

I have and there is plenty of slack. I can look again - but feels like a well worn path at this point.

#24174 14 days ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

I have and there is plenty of slack. I can look again - but feels like a well worn path at this point.

Ok. When Mine was doing this periodically I came up with the idea to cut a piece in a rectangle of thick Alien tape I have and pulled it tight with half across each side of connector and socket and held it there under pressure for 1 minute. The tape is constantly trying to return back into shape and pulling those connections tight.

It's a mcgyver fix but it hasn't happened again to me since so maybe it's working.... Before that it wasn't happening frequently but every now and then.

If it were me, I'd probably unplug every cable on that board and reseat it just for good measure.

#24175 14 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok. When Mine was doing this periodically I came up with the idea to cut a piece in a rectangle of thick Alien tape I have and pulled it tight with half across each side of connector and socket and held it there under pressure for 1 minute. The tape is constantly trying to return back into shape and pulling those connections tight.
It's a mcgyver fix but it hasn't happened again to me since so maybe it's working.... Before that it wasn't happening frequently but every now and then.
If it were me, I'd probably unplug every cable on that board and reseat it just for good measure.

Oh, I have - many times... I may try again - but just not a fan of these Gremlins - that feel like something JJP should KNOW How to fix by now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24176 14 days ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Oh, I have - many times... I may try again - but just not a fan of these Gremlins - that feel like something JJP should KNOW How to fix by now.

Forgive my ignorance here, but is it a pretty standard type of data cable? If so, it may be worth a shot at just replacing the cable. Perhaps a different cable would fit better or make better contact?

#24177 14 days ago

I'm not running the beta code and I love this pin; it's so deep; really impressive

#24178 14 days ago

Forgive my ignorance here, but is it a pretty standard type of data cable? If so, it may be worth a shot at just replacing the cable. Perhaps a different cable would fit better or make better contact?

Worth a shot, cable doesn't look special. As as long as the connector didn't get pulled under the playfield and something else going on with some kind of slight damage to the circuit board or the connector for the mini USB.

Maybe a multimeter and do some continuity testing with the cable if you really wanted to see if you can create a break by wiggling it. But it's easier just to replace it.

It definitely a weak point.. Could have been designed locking or some other type of connection that was more stable and secure, but here we are.... Reseating cables and coming up with fixes.

Quoted from RhettDR:

It's not a ghost problem and the fix was tied into that connector usually from everything I've read on this board it's always has to do with that connection and stabilizing it has been the solution for me and others.

I do recall a post or someone replace the cable with success. It's not a large investment or effort to try.
Good luck.

#24179 14 days ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Yep, different hardware with quality locking connectors

#24180 13 days ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

No bozos, huh? You should take your own advice.
[quoted image]

I have and posted what I thought for what it's worth.

#24181 13 days ago
Quoted from alpha70:

I have and posted what I thought for what it's worth.

I can see you're not a GNR troll .
If you had said what some of your problems have been , it wouldn't have come across as a troll Post .

#24182 13 days ago

I love a public holiday , going to have a few games tonight .
Happy Australia Day Everybody .

IMG_20230126_191630 (resized).jpg
#24183 13 days ago

I am an owner..nuff said

#24184 13 days ago
Quoted from alpha70:

I am an owner..nuff said

Fair enough , but there's lots of people happy to help if you need it .

#24185 13 days ago

Been awhile since I was up 50,000,000 with 4+ extra balls stacked and a 50,000,000 jackpot ready to collect, only to blow it all and then all 4 extra balls. Ended without breaking 50,000,000. Hit the punching bag *(next to Champion Pub) several times.

#24186 12 days ago

Today I just blew a 128,000,000 jackpot on Paradise City. Damnit.

#24187 12 days ago

Just checked Scorebit to see how my lost 128m jackpot would have ranked versus high scores and I have to call shenanigans on this 4116 character. All these great global players and none really top more than 300,000,000 once or twice after all this time then 4116 comes along and can do it consistently?

4626280F-59A6-4CB8-AD21-8F287D58C959 (resized).png
#24188 12 days ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Today I just blew a 128,000,000 jackpot on Paradise City. Damnit.

Making those giant jackpots is the best feeling in the world. Losing them is devastating.

I really hope the code update fixes the problem with that skull always obscuring your value when you need to see it most in-game.

#24189 12 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Making those giant jackpots is the best feeling in the world. Losing them is devastating.
I really hope the code update fixes the problem with that skull always obscuring your value when you need to see it most in-game.

Right??? I was just thinking the other day that it almost seems like a cruel joke that the skull is there at the only times I have a break to look at the jackpot value. Like maybe they are just fucking with me, lol.

#24190 12 days ago

Crazy highs and devastating lows.... but it's one badass game!

#24191 12 days ago

Biggest issue with the game in my opinion: I can have what feel is a pretty good game and my score is under 10 million. Ten minutes later I can have the same game and score 50 million.

Sometimes it all depends on whether you stack the booster multi balls to have a better chance at hitting jackpots/raising song values.

I don’t have an answer but I think they need to rework how to increase song levels. And slash solo needs to be redone of course.

If the next code update is a stinker I bet the flood gates will open wider to how many of these hit the used market. I kinda think they boxed themselves in with the code and it’s gonna be hard to change things much. We’ll see

#24192 12 days ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Just checked Scorebit to see how my lost 128m jackpot would have ranked versus high scores and I have to call shenanigans on this 4116 character. All these great global players and none really top more than 300,000,000 once or twice after all this time then 4116 comes along and can do it consistently?
[quoted image]

There's no glass off sensor...
Someone effing with everyone? This is very suspect.

#24193 12 days ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

[quoted image]

I don't think Scorbit cares if you change all of your settings on the game. This player could be getting awarded extra balls and playing on super easy for all we know.

#24194 12 days ago

I don’t think there are any amount of settings that can be changed to enable that kind of scoring that often, so quickly. Otherwise we’d likely see more of those types of scores more consistently from many others and more of the top players on there.

#24195 12 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I don't think Scorbit cares if you change all of your settings on the game. This player could be getting awarded extra balls and playing on super easy for all we know.

That's a great point. The playing field ain't level.
It would be very cool to have modified settings transmitted with the scores and viewable to be able to know the pure scores from the modified. jsa

#24196 12 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's a great point. The playing field ain't level.
It would be very cool to have modified settings transmitted with the scores and viewable to be able to know the pure scores from the modified. jsa

Noted, and while in the backlog, it won’t be ready until later this year.

We do love the casualness of what is there, though. Let’s try to keep it fun.

#24197 12 days ago

Has anyone on the Beta code let the song timer run out while choosing a song , to see if the bug is fixed .

#24198 12 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is very suspect.

Fun while it lasted I suppose. Hopefully they can correct that example of obvious cheating, otherwise a lot of the fun factor and enjoyment of the app disappears. Giving it another go right now. For anyone who had issues connecting, I just turned on my location and it seems to be working better with connecting to my game.

#24199 12 days ago

New personal record 18,000,000 6-ball powerchord jackpot, didn’t know it could get that high. Kept hitting the bass ramp about 3-4x till I got ball 6 in there. 9m or so was my previous. Going back in for more.

#24200 11 days ago

What happened to the voice call out of drummer?
“Thunder chucker mutha fucker”. Haven’t heard it in a while. Don’t know if I have to make a certain shot for this.
Thanks. I miss that saying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 420.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 24,240 posts in this topic. You are on page 484 of 485.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/484 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.