IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 568.
#24101 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I do feel for the first time pin owners with no previous experience doing basic maintenance on pins who took the plunge on GNR. It’s going to be a journey for some. Fortunately most of the answers are here.

Amen - this community has been amazing though, helping me navigate through every issue I've run into so far. Can't imagine what I'd do without y'all!

#24102 1 year ago
Quoted from Kalipin:

Right ramp/speaker diverter to right top flipper: does anyone know how often it is supposed to activate ? I don’t think I’ve seen mine divert a single ball in over a hundred games.

There’s a fairly large insert right under the ramp called ‘detour’. Anytime it’s lit, it should divert. Most common times off memory:

• on the road tour mode
• Civil War (almost all the time)
• coma song mode a lot
• my Michelle and a couple other appetite songs when the roving arrows make their way to the inner loop.
• AMP double jackpot shot

Definitely a few other occasions.

#24103 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a fairly large insert right under the ramp called ‘detour’. Anytime it’s lit, it should divert. Most common times off memory:
• on the road tour mode
• Civil War (almost all the time)
• coma song mode a lot
• my Michelle and a couple other appetite songs when the roving arrows make their way to the inner loop.
• AMP double jackpot shot
Definitely a few other occasions.

I get it a ton during Paradise City. It's as if it starts the song by actively diverting, and then goes back to feeding the normal bottom flipper at a certain point. I haven't figured out what that condition is (perhaps it's when I have all of the ramps lit?), but that could be a good spot to test yours since it's on at the start.

#24104 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

I get it a ton during Paradise City. It's as if it starts the song by actively diverting, and then goes back to feeding the normal bottom flipper at a certain point. I haven't figured out what that condition is (perhaps it's when I have all of the ramps lit?), but that could be a good spot to test yours since it's on at the start.

Paradise city: shots light up via the pops. If the inner loop lights from doing that, the detour diverter will light.

#24105 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

When all else fails, if I reboot my modem and router, I have yet to have GNR not connect. For some reason, every now and then, I have to do that because it refuses to connect. You can power down, remove the USB WiFi card from the dongle, reinsert it, reboot the game and everything else - and if it still doesn’t connect then try rebooting your modem and router.
I suspect the game tries to keep or connect to a certain assigned and/or previous IP when I have my router set to throw random IPs every time a device connects. I’d need someone on the code dev team to confirm.

TY 7. I will try that this afternoon. I'll also make sure the donlge is connected in all the way. That could be loose and the sole issue.

I'll report back.

Thanks again brother.

#24106 1 year ago

Vespula said, "You ain't even got started.. that's the best part.
Congrats!"

Thanks Vespula, I appreciate all your kind words my friend, as well as your helpful tips, ideas, suggestions and tricks.

#24107 1 year ago
Quoted from Kalipin:

Right ramp/speaker diverter to right top flipper: does anyone know how often it is supposed to activate ? I don’t think I’ve seen mine divert a single ball in over a hundred games.

It usually activates when the inner orbit is lit during song modes.

#24108 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

It usually activates when the inner orbit is lit during song modes.

What he said. When you have to hit inner orbit with upper flipper, it feeds that flipper during certain songs.

#24109 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

checked mine just now. during the start up boot sequence i can see mine testing in the reflection of the record.

I just remembered to check today and, yes, the lights are there and working. Never noticed them before.

#24110 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

For those with the cliffy scoop guard, do y’all like it? Does it effect play much (ball fires in different direction etc)? Is it really needed it? The factory one is all bent to hell but is cliffy better than just replacing w standard part from JJP?
Also went to work on game today. The L lower flipper would not fall freely. I made an adjustment and now the flipper will not rest at the same angle as the R. It freely moves ba k to resting position but it’s not equal.
Any tips? Thanks!!
[quoted image]

My stock protector bent quickly, but I have had zero problems with Cliffy’s since install (over a year ago)

#24111 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You guys got me questioning this. I gotta go check mine today now lol.

Same thing with me............I dont think I ever noticed a light under the hat....

#24112 1 year ago

Selling some discounted or NOT currently available GnR mods:

UPDATE: All items are now SOLD. Thanks!

#24113 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Same thing with me............I dont think I ever noticed a light under the hat....

Yea I checked mine. Sure as shit, there’s a light! Lol

#24114 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I told y'all and posted the video from Eric Meunier. He's not lying. After all, he designed the game.

#24115 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had to check mine too.
Owned it for well over a year and never noticed the light. Maybe because all the other lights kinda drown it out. Still love the game!

#24116 1 year ago

As to the light, I’m pleading the fifth.

#24117 1 year ago

I booted my GNR LE up out of curiosity and Slash’s hat lights up the record as indicated. It’s not obvious because of the number of lights in this masterpiece

#24118 1 year ago

Since we're on the subject of not noticing LED's, I'm wondering if everyone realizes the guitar pick spinners also have RGB LED's illuminating them from the bracket that houses them. They have a great look to them when in action.

#24119 1 year ago

My slings seem close to dead. Not talking about the rubber, but the kicker.. maybe the rubber is part of the problem, I dunno but the ball seems like it only kicks out an inch or 2 inches when it triggers. Going from one sling to another ain't gonna happen they are so weak.

Is this just me getting so used to the speed and kick of Rush or is something actual worn out or wrong overtime and I just never really noticed? Simple power Settings adjustment?
Thx

#24120 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My slings seem close to dead. Not talking about the rubber, but the kicker.. maybe the rubber is part of the problem, I dunno but the ball seems like it only kicks out an inch or 2 inches when it triggers. Going from one sling to another ain't gonna happen they are so weak.
Is this just me getting so used to the speed and kick of Rush or is something actual worn out or wrong overtime and I just never really noticed? Simple power Settings adjustment?
Thx

The slings are pretty tame compared to other manufacturers, especially Stern. I'm pretty sure there is a power setting in the menu. You still may have an issue though?

#24121 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Great support from JJP today. For anyone who has a spotlight that isn't making full range of motion, here are the things we tried (mostly obvious, but: thought I'd pass along):
-Under Setting, Test, Device Test: put spotlight through paces and see what is not working (for mine, vertical axis on the left spotlight)
-Check the two 3-pin servo connectors/wires directly behind the spotlights. reseat to confirm good connection
-Check the connector on the Playfield Controller Board; reseat to confirm solid connection and that wires are intact (see attached pic)
-Swap the 3-pin servo connectors between the left/right and run Device Test again. Basically: confirm it's a mechanical issue vs. a signal/wiring issue.
In my case, move on the step #5: wait for a new Left Spotlight Assembly to replace the faulty specimen. I asked for the servo make/model to just try swapping it out in the interim; but: the engineers discourage DYI. They need to be calibrated as an assembly (which the warranty will cover).
In the meantime, going to keep playing the hell out of this game. saggy spotlight or not.
[quoted image]

Quoted from wdbthree:

Great support from JJP today. For anyone who has a spotlight that isn't making full range of motion, here are the things we tried (mostly obvious, but: thought I'd pass along):
-Under Setting, Test, Device Test: put spotlight through paces and see what is not working (for mine, vertical axis on the left spotlight)
-Check the two 3-pin servo connectors/wires directly behind the spotlights. reseat to confirm good connection
-Check the connector on the Playfield Controller Board; reseat to confirm solid connection and that wires are intact (see attached pic)
-Swap the 3-pin servo connectors between the left/right and run Device Test again. Basically: confirm it's a mechanical issue vs. a signal/wiring issue.
In my case, move on the step #5: wait for a new Left Spotlight Assembly to replace the faulty specimen. I asked for the servo make/model to just try swapping it out in the interim; but: the engineers discourage DYI. They need to be calibrated as an assembly (which the warranty will cover).
In the meantime, going to keep playing the hell out of this game. saggy spotlight or not.
[quoted image]

Thanks so much for this wdbthree reconnecting on the control board sorted it for me .I would never have found it without your info ..Cheers

#24122 1 year ago
Quoted from mplayfield:

Thanks so much for this wdbthree reconnecting on the control board sorted it for me .I would never have found it without your info ..Cheers

What were your issues specifically?

#24123 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The slings are pretty tame compared to other manufacturers, especially Stern. I'm pretty sure there is a power setting in the menu. You still may have an issue though?

That's what I'm wondering.. when you have a ball hit the sling how far does it bounce away? Mine are so weak after the kick it could just drop right down to the flipper. And also if it doesn't hit with decent force it doesn't trigger the kicker at all. This is likely leaf blade switch related. But the weak kicker is what I'm questioning right now. My leaf blade probably needs adjustment so it's a little more sensitive.

#24124 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx

This could be a legit issue. I have only been through the settings 1 time. And while I saw things you could increase the power on (like all 4 flippers), I thought there were coil strength settings as well. My worry is, If they were working fine, and then all of a sudden they're so weak where the balls won't even reach the opposite sling, something's wrong somewhere in there and turning up the coil power to the slings may make things worse.

Now, if your slings seemed a tad bit weak after you got use to hammering through the ones on your Rush for a few weeks, then I'd say increase the power to them some. But for them to be so weak that they're barely reacting tells me that something's at fault somewhere. Hopefully it's a loose coil wire or something simple and not a board issue. I would say check the rubbers on the slings, but I doubt both would break at the same time on you.

Let us know when you get it worked out Ves. I hope it's something small and simple for you brother.

#24125 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is likely leaf blade switch related.

Definitely check the leaf switches, but it's strange for both blades to be off together like that.

These things are probably tied together and hence why they're both reacting in the same weak way. Check underneath for loose wires or if something has broken off 1 of them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24126 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

This could be a legit issue. I have only been through the settings 1 time. And while I saw things you could increase the power on (like all 4 flippers), I thought there were coil strength settings as well. My worry is, If they were working fine, and then all of a sudden they're so weak where the balls won't even reach the opposite sling, something's wrong somewhere in there and turning up the coil power to the slings may make things worse.
Now, if your slings seemed a tad weak after you got use to hammering through the ones on your Rush for a few weeks, then I'd say increase the power to them some. But for them to be so weak that they're barely reacting tells me that something's at fault. Hopefully it's a loose wire or something simple and not a board issue.
Let us know when you get it worked out Ves. I hope it's something small and simple for you brother.

So I got a little inspired and went up here pulled the glass. I think I made it better by twisting my sling rubbers around on the post. Now I can get a ball to bounce from sling to sling. I think my assessment is that maybe the rubbers are too tight? And so a ball has to hit a decent amount of strength to close the leaf switch. If they weren't quite as tight they would activate sooner. I got the Titan rubbers from a kit on the store but I'm wondering if they're just not quite the right size.
But rotating them around did help I think I'm going to go ahead and swap them out with some new ones that I have here and see if that improves things even more.

Thanks

#24127 1 year ago

Well I changed the sling rubbers and they're about the same although I did notice the outer two posts were loose so I was able to tighten those down that was good. I did bump up the sling strength a couple notches and I'll see what that's like. I just don't want the slings to throw my ball into the out lane. Lol.

I really think Rush is the main cause of this perception. It's so fast and it takes me a minute to adjust back to guns and roses. I love owning both of these to play! So different and each are so good!

Thanks

#24128 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What were your issues specifically?

My left spotlight was only working on the vertical axis

#24130 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well I changed the sling rubbers and they're about the same although I did notice the outer two posts were loose so I was able to tighten those down that was good. I did bump up the sling strength a couple notches and I'll see what that's like. I just don't want the slings to throw my ball into the out lane. Lol.
I really think Rush is the main cause of this perception. It's so fast and it takes me a minute to adjust back to guns and roses. I love owning both of these to play! So different and each are so good!
Thanks

my left slingshot sometimes the sling "hammer"? manages to get the other side of the rubber so i was thinking the rubber was a bit slack, the rubber is standard as came on the new machine and has less than 200 plays

#24131 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks

I went up 1/4 inch... Got the 2 1/4... 2 inch were way too tight

#24132 1 year ago

Hey guys. I have found a broken capacitor in the bottom of the cabinet on our GunnersLE.
Any ideas on where to go looking to see where it has broken off from?
Thanks..

16741705572057163627051120652536 (resized).jpg16741705572057163627051120652536 (resized).jpg16741706249012928921641632644634 (resized).jpg16741706249012928921641632644634 (resized).jpg16741706648443917570718290474957 (resized).jpg16741706648443917570718290474957 (resized).jpg
#24133 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Any ideas on where to go looking to see where it has broken off from?

I'd start by looking at the lights boards since they are hanging upside down.

LTG : )

#24134 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd start by looking at the lights boards since they are hanging upside down.

Thanks @LTG. That is where I am looking but nothing yet. What is the worst thing that can happen? A blown fuse? A blown LED?

#24135 1 year ago

What is the worst thing that can happen?

Mushroom cloud over your neighborhood.

What is the worst thing that can happen?

Most likely something stops working. I doubt anything serious.

#24136 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mushroom cloud over your neighborhood.

Most likely something stops working. I doubt anything serious.

Thanks, very much appreciated!

#24137 1 year ago

Anyone got any suggestions on how to help robin with his lock balls issue .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-troubleshooting-/page/9#post-7358260

#24138 1 year ago

Has anyone a pic they can post of what is under the decal of the spinning disc? It feels like there is a scew head or something in the center but really not sure.
Thanks in advance.

#24139 1 year ago
Quoted from ellips6:

It feels like there is a scew head or something in the center but really not sure.

Yes, there is a screw in the center of the label on the top side. You don’t have to puncture the label to tighten it, you can apply pressure with a thumb and usually it holds enough while you tighten it with the nut underneath the assembly below the playfield.

7B98FCC6-7FE8-4529-8B17-66DC90057F46 (resized).jpeg7B98FCC6-7FE8-4529-8B17-66DC90057F46 (resized).jpeg

#24140 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Yes, there is a screw in the center of the label on the top side. You don’t have to puncture the label to tighten it, you can apply pressure with a thumb and usually it holds enough while you tighten it with the nut underneath the assembly below the playfield.
[quoted image]

True, i have seen the diagram (and thanks for posting), I was wondering in reality how this top screw under the label looks.
Because even tightening this top screw by hand this does not do the job on the long term, after some playing games the disc gets loose again.

So I am wondering how I can tighten harder this screw…if anyone has a tip to share on how to achieve this that would be great

#24141 1 year ago
Quoted from ellips6:

True, i have seen the diagram (and thanks for posting), I was wondering in reality how this top screw under the label looks.
Because even tightening this top screw by hand this does not do the job on the long term, after some playing games the disc gets loose again.
So I am wondering how I can tighten harder this screw…if anyone has a tip to share on how to achieve this that would be great

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Blue loctite on the screw underneath the record worked perfectly for me.

There's a few posts in this thread that reference it, but this one helped me the most:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/475#post-7286335

#24142 1 year ago
Quoted from ellips6:

if anyone has a tip to share on how to achieve this that would be great

Quoted from sevenrites:

Quoted from Jaygee77:

Blue loctite on the screw underneath the record worked perfectly for me.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Blue Loctite WILL take care of the screw on top, but if you do that route, be VERY CAREFUL not to get any on the record because blue loctite weakens or melts plastic and you could end up in worse shape after it has a little time to work its magic and make the record plastic brittle around the middle. Little dab'll do ya.

#24143 1 year ago

Yep, I ended up doing the loctite too and it’s held ever since. I took the mech out from under the playfield and was able to get to the end of the screw without removing the record sticker or taking the screw out through the top of it.

#24144 1 year ago

Hello. I’m a new owner of an LE (finally), and I’m trying to repair spotlights that weren’t working when I bought it. I obtained replacement housing, arms and servos. I installed everything but I’m getting only slight movements up/down and left/right. I hear the servos working upon testing. I noticed the kits they sell online come with small rubber rings that you heat shrink over the metal gear of the servo. I don’t have these and I’m guessing that’s causing them to spin and not catch. Anyone know how to fix or another remedy?

#24145 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 131 in the manual. Nylon jam nut. Loosen, screw record higher. retighten.

So my record spinner keeps slowly sinking down into the playfield. The nylon jam nut is working itself loose with greater frequency. Is there a fix to this beyond just twisting the bejeesus out of it to hand-tighten it? Thanks!

#24146 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

The nylon jam nut is working itself loose with greater frequency.

Once you have it set, maybe a dab of hot glue to keep it from unscrewing.

#24147 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

So my record spinner keeps slowly sinking down into the playfield. The nylon jam nut is working itself loose with greater frequency. Is there a fix to this beyond just twisting the bejeesus out of it to hand-tighten it? Thanks!

Try putting some plumbers silicone tape around the thread .

IMG20230124184309 (resized).jpgIMG20230124184309 (resized).jpg
#24148 1 year ago

So many reliability problems...
But where is the YouTube star and the code updates

#24149 1 year ago
Quoted from alpha70:

So many reliability problems...
But where is the YouTube star and the code updates

move on troll, this is an owners thread , plenty of asshole threads for you to post in.

#24150 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Hello. I’m a new owner of an LE (finally), and I’m trying to repair spotlights that weren’t working when I bought it. I obtained replacement housing, arms and servos. I installed everything but I’m getting only slight movements up/down and left/right. I hear the servos working upon testing. I noticed the kits they sell online come with small rubber rings that you heat shrink over the metal gear of the servo. I don’t have these and I’m guessing that’s causing them to spin and not catch. Anyone know how to fix or another remedy?

mine was the same also. reseat the servo connector in the PF controller . page 162 , upper middle "servo" plug. follow all the blue cat5 led cables , they all plug into it. ( ethernet cables) https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/483 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.