IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 567.
#2301 3 years ago

Still having issues with the right orbit hitting the left sling... pretty tough to bend the rail with the post for it being connected to the end.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's what I would want on mine. Nice!
Btw with all of these super cool mods it's awesome that we can pair the CE add ons with the superior LE cabinet art you really have the ultimate model. Love it

"superior LE cabinet art" Taking beautifully done artwork already made for concert posters, does not scream pinball cabinet art work. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It's no different than copying and pasting images of characters from a movie based theme. It looks fantastic, but the CE screams pinball themed GNR original artwork! That's what attracted me to the CE when I first saw it. I'm glad that you're cumming in your paints over it....but please "superior"

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

"superior LE cabinet art" Taking beautifully done artwork already made for concert posters, does not scream pinball cabinet art work. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. It's no different than copying and pasting images of characters from a movie based theme. It looks fantastic, but the CE screams pinball themed GNR original artwork! That's what attracted me to the CE when I first saw it. I'm glad that your cumming in your paints over it....but please "superior"

No doubt....its not even close...CE is far superior, but the LE looks nice

#2304 3 years ago

Yeah we'll just have to agree to disagree as the CE artwork is terrible. It's all subjective fellas although I'm thinking about starting a poll. Would be fun to see which one is preferred by majority bc I'm quite confident LE will smoke it.

Any news on LE production and where that stands now? Anyone receive an LE this week?

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah we'll just have to agree to disagree as the CE artwork is terrible. It's all subjective fellas although I'm thinking about starting a poll. Would be fun to see which one is preferred but majority bc I'm quite confident LE will smoke it.
Any news on LE production and where that stands now? Anyone receive an LE this week?

Start a poll! I’ve paid in full for a CE but totally prefer the artwork on the LE! I like the colors (red as opposed to purple I believe) around the apron as well on the LE. I also prefer the powder coating on the LE. My husband really wanted the CE so we ordered the CE because of the extras - we’ll see how I really like it when the CE shows up - whenever that will be .

It would be so awesome if they gave the option of customizing picking features, colors you want on a CE kind of the way Spooky does.

#2306 3 years ago

While the CE art is cool and is based off the album cover, the LE is more fitting for the games theme which is the concert tour. I like both packages a lot, and both will be stunning in person. With the skull and button mod added to the LE, along with the topper coming, the LE is definitely my personal favorite looks wise. Again it’s all subjective taste, but both are gorgeous and nobody should be disappointed with either one.

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Looks fantastic. IMHO it looks better than the CE shooter plate. LE owners can pimp out their machine to look better than the CE.

Sorry but no.... LOL

Just jealous they couldn't get a CE or afford it.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Sorry but no.... LOL

I don’t understand this comment. He simply voiced a subjective opinion about the mods and how nice they’ll look on the LE. I agree with him that both the roses button cover and the skull look better than the factory CE ones(which are great too), but that doesn’t mean any LE owners are jealous. That’s just a ridiculous statement.

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Sorry but no.... LOL

That's totally your opinion man! I love the LE as is! I like it stock better than the CE to be honest, love the red, and artwork. Suits the game better. Also I like the CE artwork, nothing bad about it, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on the LE at all. Also I'm not even a fan of a shooter plate, so mod or CE doesn't matter to me personally, because I personally don't want a skull there. The action button sculpt looks better with the guns, so the mod to me looked better than the CE. But...that's just my opinion, and what makes me happy! I'm not jealous at all, I didn't miss out on the CE because I can't afford it, or got denied...Just didn't appeal to me. That's all, why would I be jealous when I'm getting an LE, we are both playing the same game. It's like you bought a Mustang and I bought the same one, but I'm jealous because yours has racing stripes...lol. Also I personally never liked toppers, I think they are silly and don't ad anything to the game. Only topper I actually like is Monster Bash, and MM, as well as Black Knight from Stern. Otherwise, not a fan of them. I like playing pinball and CE and LE have the same pinball playing experience, except for a lock that I could care less about! Also to be completely honest...I hate the modified GnR cross on the side of the back cabinet. As an AFD fan, and a fan of that album/artwork it just doesn't sit well with me seeing Adler and Izzy replaced and the cross being extended. Cheers, enjoy your CE!

#2310 3 years ago

Sorry to have brought up the looks and comparing vs the CE. I'm even bored of that topic (a modded LE is nicer IMO). I want to see more pics and new owner updates!

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry to have brought up the looks and comparing vs the CE. I'm even bored of that topic (a modded LE is nicer IMO). I want to see more pics and new owner updates!

Eh, as you say it's subjective. I'm a huge fan of Radcals so I'm excited to see the mirrored ones on the CE.

It's a bit painful to sit on the sidelines waiting for it while everyone else is enjoying their games.

#2312 3 years ago

I'm getting the LE but only because I was screwed out of the CE distribution fiasco. Much prefer the purples and blues to the red. The red looks ok though.

#2313 3 years ago

I see a lot of people complaining about plunges draining, I'm 50 games in on a SE and have not had a single plunge drain yet. 6.5 pitch and level seems to work for me.

#2314 3 years ago

I am wondering that what I see no discussion regarding rules is going on. The general rules are clear, collecting band members for a song, playing the song for an album mod. But what happens during a song? Are there different jackpots for each song? What to shoot for in a song? What influences the score/jackpot value in a song?

#2315 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I am wondering that what I see no discussion regarding rules is going on. The general rules are clear, collecting band members for a song, playing the song for an album mod. But what happens during a song? Are there different jackpots for each song? What to shoot for in a song? What influences the score/jackpot value in a song?

Honestly I have been playing without much of an idea of what’s going on other than the basics. Qualify band members, lock balls, and start a song. During the song you can cash out or add a ball to keep going. Do well enough and you can unlock a mini wizard mode and/or encore if you finish the song. During songs there are specific shots you need to hit to complete the mode- it feels usually like you can complete the mode waaaayyy before the song is close to over. There are a bunch of mini multi balls and modes/rules before songs start that I have no idea how they work yet.

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I see a lot of people complaining about plunges draining, I'm 50 games in on a SE and have not had a single plunge drain yet. 6.5 pitch and level seems to work for me.

Boy oh boy, the plunges drained all the damn time on mine. Especially if the ball had any momentum coming out of the chute. I played around with the one way gate angle (it has lots of wiggle room if you loosen the screws holding it), and the issue got better, but still needed a remedy. Next I removed the ball guide from the machine and barely bent the end down where the ball rolls out of the exit. Now, most every time, when the ball rolls out, it falls to the right flipper. But out of the box it was incredibly frustrating how often it drained instantly.

#2317 3 years ago

My plunge has been fine

#2318 3 years ago

Anyone know, or think they will add any more songs? Is it even possible?

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Boy oh boy, the plunges drained all the damn time on mine. Especially if the ball had any momentum coming out of the chute. I played around with the one way gate angle (it has lots of wiggle room if you loosen the screws holding it), and the issue got better, but still needed a remedy. Next I removed the ball guide from the machine and barely bent the end down where the ball rolls out of the exit. Now, most every time, when the ball rolls out, it falls to the right flipper. But out of the box it was incredibly frustrating how often it drained instantly.

Could you post a picture of this please?

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

My plunge has always fed the right flipper for every plunge in the 3 weeks I’ve had it. 6.7 degree pitch, level left to right.

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah we'll just have to agree to disagree as the CE artwork is terrible. It's all subjective fellas although I'm thinking about starting a poll. Would be fun to see which one is preferred by majority bc I'm quite confident LE will smoke it.

Ahhh terrible? Thats crazy talk! Its not even close, but whatever

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Could you post a picture of this please?

Sure once I get home this evening. Want me to PM them also?

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ahhh terrible? Thats crazy talk! Its not even close, but whatever

Your are both wrong. The obvious choice is the SE! Now I am going to cover my ears and run away.

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Your are both wrong. The obvious choice is the SE! Now I am going to cover my ears and run away.

My mind every time I see the SE artwork.....

20201105_122441 (resized).jpg20201105_122441 (resized).jpg
#2325 3 years ago

CE vs LE ... bracing hard for the downvotes.....

CE features I'll miss
The sparkle will look fantastic on playfield
Coma mech will be great to have
Love the powder purple on the trim
Love the AFD head unit
Rad cals - oh yes....
Extra artwork on playfield
Signed drum sticks

But...........

I'm not too hot over the CE Apron. It just doesn't pop in that purple compared to the red.

AFD theme for the CE was the def the right way to go for sure. Could it have been better than this?
I think so...... colours are great, Rad cals etc... great but 2 x different artworks on the cab may have been better (hell its different on opposite sides of the LE) and yes, they could have had the chick in here from AFD albeit not with her knickers around her ankles but maybe doing somethin else like throwing the pinball at the bad guy?????....

I also don't get the LEDs on the rear and underneath of the CE, its difficult enough viewing the LCD during action. Are you paying extra for ambient light, a bit like putting LED strips on a TV or under a car....... a bit tacky, LED overkill.
The topper.... piece of plastic with flipper bats....No....this at the least should have been GnR branded not JJP! The sound bar is now taking valuable real-estate for something extraordinary coming from the mod experts.
We already know there's better ways to upgrade the sound on a JJP but CE guys are now bought in with their sound bar split from the head unit.
The skull shooter looks like a laughing ape compared to Liors ghostly human effort.

You can tell everyone the signatures are all authentic apart from you'll know deep down..... Axl Rose couldn't be arsed with the whole pinball affair and they had to get Duff to do a tracing of his handwriting, he got wankers cramp after x 1000 signatures.... lol

Edit: If you don't want your CE.............................................................. give me a call

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The skull shooter looks like a laughing ape compared to Liors ghostly human effort.

I chuckled at that - That Jaw is somewhat large ...I'm just teasing and poking the CE guys..I think both skulls are awesome.

chimp (resized).jpgchimp (resized).jpg

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My mind every time I see the SE artwork.....
[quoted image]

I immediately think of this

d6405a8d-8bd6-447e-827d-a5c743bf0183_1.b6264248376d07cd85e424b452f79ad7 (resized).jpegd6405a8d-8bd6-447e-827d-a5c743bf0183_1.b6264248376d07cd85e424b452f79ad7 (resized).jpeg
#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I chuckled at that - That Jaw is somewhat large

Quoted from Palmer:

I immediately think of this
[quoted image]

Me too those were called rat racers?

#2330 3 years ago

Yay that’s right I had a friend in the orphanage I was raised in who could draw that style perfectly,he called them Goomers

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Maybe you are new to this thread. Early on I described a lot of the rules. Maybe filter by my earlier posts?

#2332 3 years ago
20201105_124502 (resized).jpg20201105_124502 (resized).jpg
#2333 3 years ago

Would be easy to install an opener.

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

[quoted image]

I KEED I KEED!!!!!
chimp2.jpgchimp2.jpg

#2335 3 years ago

I wrote this before, but when I saw the red one I thought that it was the Collector’s, the purple the Limited one, and I wanted to have the purple anyway.... then after a "Lifetime" I finally saw the topper and the skull that you’re making fun now and realized that I was confused. However I wanted to have the purple since the beginning no matter what... so lucky me.

I waited around 2 years for this JJP release, so I don’t care if my Collector’s it’s the last one to be assembled in 6 or 9 months, I will enjoy it whenever arrives to my place.

So have fun with your games SE, LE or CE’s darlings ... because I’m happy with mine 100%

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I KEED I KEED!!!!!
[quoted image]

Ok let’s stop with this one!

#2337 3 years ago

Ok enough of the my skull is better than your skull talk. What is the overall goal of the game as far as progressing through the map and wizard modes? I guess I’m trying to understand if there’s a story of getting through the whole tour or is there not really a story to the rules?

#2338 3 years ago

Bullshit, keep the skull pics coming. Morning chuckles are good.

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My point is there is no right or wrong answer....some love the SE, some love the LE, some love the CE....none of these are terrible...they are all professionally done

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My point is there is no right or wrong answer....some love the SE, some love the LE, some love the CE....none of these are terrible...they are all professionally done

As an SE owner I can say that the art is obviously the worst, though I think it’s still good. I will say that the SE apron is probably the best. Now, in terms of gameplay I could see an argument made for the flow of the SE being more satisfying and better suited to “rocking out”- but again that is subjective. Enjoy your games!

#2341 3 years ago

The more I look at the CE the more I realize they stole some of the AFDs soul. The cross being modified broke my heart. I think I can get over fat Axl, but modifying the art on the side without the girl, albeit not like the original art (PC today) takes away from the original concept. The LE is killer imo, and embodies GnR. The SE is indeed rat fink.. I dont see these staying in collections like other pins.. the gather players, start songs, MB, rinse and repeat will get tiresome for those that aren't true GnR diehards. I can see someone saying at 200 games in.. which song do i want to play.. again.. Then the rest of us can snag one well below MSRP and not feel like you have to play it 4000 times to justify the price. $3k more for a CE. smh.. Curious how long it will take for everyone to realize this pin is not transcendent. Now that its been done, the light show will be repeated. I can't imagine JJP will go backward...

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

The more I look at the CE the more I realize they stole some of the AFDs soul. The cross being modified broke my heart. I think I can get over fat Axl, but modifying the art on the side without the girl, albeit not like the original art (PC today) takes away from the original concept. The LE is killer imo, and embodies GnR. The SE is indeed rat fink.. I dont see these staying in collections like other pins.. the gather players, start songs, MB, rinse and repeat will get tiresome for those that aren't true GnR diehards. I can see someone saying at 200 games in.. which song do i want to play.. again.. Then the rest of us can snag one well below MSRP and not feel like you have to play it 4000 times to justify the price. $3k more for a CE. smh.. Curious how long it will take for everyone to realize this pin is not transcendent. Now that its been done, the light show will be repeated. I can't imagine JJP will go backward...

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about not having the game.

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I like GNR music, but not really a fanatic fan....simply knowing the cross was modified is far beyond anything I care about...my guess is most pinball players could give a rats ass....its really all about the entire package....all three versions are nice...SE is a great price point with fun game play and the LE and CE are basically the same game minus some bling and one mech....is the CE worth $12.5....we all know the answer to that...its worth what people are willing to pay

#2344 3 years ago

EXACLTY - worth whatever anyone is willing to pay.

#2345 3 years ago

Owning both AC/DC and Metallica for several years, I still haven’t tired of the same songs over and over again, or the game play of either. GNR is my favorite band and with twice as many songs as the other games I own, I don’t see getting tired of it. Not to mention it’s much deeper with more variety than the other games. AC/DC and Metallica are my 2nd& 3rd favorite bands btw so yes, being a big fan is definitely helpful when owning a music pin.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about not having the game.

Keep telling yourself that this is the next POTC and I’ll keep playing the two new sterns I added to my collection and pocketed 2500 as everyone dumps pins to afford the pinball machine handed to us straight from God. AND in a year or two I’ll send you a picture of my low play LE I paid under 9k.. maybe even 8500.. There’s no question it’s a great pin, but I’ve noticed the feeding frenzy on new pinball games to justify spending a ridiculous amount on a pinball game. The pinball community keeps driving prices up. $1000 toppers... $13k games. It IS insanity, but when you are caught up in it, you don’t see it. And yes, I can afford one Nicoy as that is typically your next response. Or perhaps I live in my parents basement. You’re right. Your pinball game is MUCH cooler than my two.. and my left over cash. Back to kneel at the alter of GnR 2.0.

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Keep telling yourself that this is the next POTC and I’ll keep playing the two new sterns I added to my collection and pocketed 2500 as everyone dumps pins to afford the pinball machine handed to us straight from God. AND in a year or two I’ll send you a picture of my low play LE I paid under 9k.. maybe even 8500.. There’s no question it’s a great pin, but I’ve noticed the feeding frenzy on new pinball games to justify spending a ridiculous amount on a pinball game. The pinball community keeps driving prices up. $1000 toppers... $13k games. It IS insanity, but when you are caught up in it, you don’t see it. And yes, I can afford one Nicoy as that is typically your next response. Or perhaps I live in my parents basement. You’re right. Your pinball game is MUCH cooler than my two.. and my left over cash. Back to alter of GnR 2.0.

I don’t give a flying fuck about the price of the machine after I buy it. I value the enjoyment that I get out of my games. When I buy NIB my expectation is to sell it for around 75% of what I paid. Coming into an owners thread and shitting on the game speaks to your own insecurities.

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t give a flying fuck about the price of the machine after I buy it. I value the enjoyment that I get out of my games. When I buy NIB my expectation is to sell it for around 75% of what I paid. Coming into an owners thread and shitting on the game speaks to your own insecurities.

Stress out much? You need some meds. Strictly opinion on artwork like every other poster. Said the game is probably sweet. I like GnR. You have problems. Every post respond that doesnt agree with you, you lose your mind. U mad bro? Btw ill buy yours when you're done with it at 75%.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Keep telling yourself that this is the next POTC and I’ll keep playing the two new sterns I added to my collection and pocketed 2500 as everyone dumps pins to afford the pinball machine handed to us straight from God. AND in a year or two I’ll send you a picture of my low play LE I paid under 9k.. maybe even 8500.. There’s no question it’s a great pin, but I’ve noticed the feeding frenzy on new pinball games to justify spending a ridiculous amount on a pinball game. The pinball community keeps driving prices up. $1000 toppers... $13k games. It IS insanity, but when you are caught up in it, you don’t see it. And yes, I can afford one Nicoy as that is typically your next response. Or perhaps I live in my parents basement. You’re right. Your pinball game is MUCH cooler than my two.. and my left over cash. Back to kneel at the alter of GnR 2.0.

Why do you feel the need to come in the owners threat just to stink up the toilet?

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why do you feel the need to come in the owners threat just to stink up the toilet?

Never said it wasn't a good pin. Im sure its great. That response was for Nicoy. Enjoy your playing your GnR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/47?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.