IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 472 of 569.
#23551 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks for the tip , during power cord I hit it to the upper level , locked all balls and got 5 million .
Does that mean you can get 80 million with the doubling of the jackpot for each ball , or could you say hit it 20 times to the upper level and get hundreds of millions if you lock all 6 balls .

10 Million is the most i got but do not know if there is a limit to the multiplier shot in the VUK easy to test with glass off.

#23552 1 year ago

I Also wish it would keep each power chord high score and name. Not just the last person to achieve it. Or do both, High and current holder.

#23553 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I Also wish it would keep each power chord high score and name. Not just the last person to achieve it. Or do both, High and current holder.

It’s a cool challenge to go for…but would definitely be a lot cooler if it saved the score of your power cord.

#23554 1 year ago

Turned on my game and got the following errors: Any thoughts??

IMG_2348 (resized).JPGIMG_2348 (resized).JPG
#23555 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

[quoted image]

Are you running beta code?

Check the connectors to the board on the guitar neck. Also try to reduce tension on the cable bundle going up to it.

#23556 1 year ago

dose anybody know what patch dose?

IMG_1166 (resized).jpegIMG_1166 (resized).jpeg
#23557 1 year ago
Quoted from Baba_Booey:

dose anybody know what patch dose?
[quoted image]

Nothing unless you have the beta code installed. Special hasn't worked until the recent betas.

#23558 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

[quoted image]

Those are sensors, did you try a recalibration?

#23559 1 year ago

New member, just joined yesterday

#23560 1 year ago

Congrats now pimp the sound out with pin woofer or add a subwoofer!

You love it even more.

#23561 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

New member, just joined yesterday

Nice! Cool video.
Maybe it already has the pinwoofer? It's got action bar and shooter rod mod from Lior, And Marshall speaker emblems, plus also looks like it has the CE art blades...
I think I remember seeing this one on the marketplace along with 32 other ones.. lol

#23562 1 year ago

Id rather have the person with the camera help me unload the vehicle and play it safe, but that was pretty Smooth

#23563 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Congrats now pimp the sound out with pin woofer or add a subwoofer!
You love it even more.

Quoted from Vespula:

Nice! Cool video.
Maybe it already has the pinwoofer? It's got action bar and shooter rod mod from Lior, And Marshall speaker emblems, plus also looks like it has the CE art blades...
I think I remember seeing this one on the marketplace along with 32 other ones.. lol

This one does not have Pin woofer. I do have a powered Polk 10 that I'll add.

Quoted from PinballGalore:

Id rather have the person with the camera help me unload the vehicle and play it safe, but that was pretty Smooth

Haha, I get what your saying, but I wouldn't want my wife to help.
It'd add a little stress and I have the unloading part down pretty well, without breaking my back.

#23564 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

It'd add a little stress and I have the unloading part down pretty well, without breaking my back.

Next time put a piece of cardboard or a moving blanket down on the ground to set the pin on before pulling it out of the trunk. I cringed watching you tilt that thing bareback on raw concrete. Hopefully you got away with it without scratches, but far safer using a buffer. Welcome to the club!

#23565 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Next time put a piece of cardboard or a moving blanket down on the ground to set the pin on before pulling it out of the trunk. I cringed watching you tilt that thing bareback on raw concrete. Hopefully you got away with it without scratches, but far safer using a buffer. Welcome to the club!

Now THIS is the kinda guy I would buy pins from!

#23566 1 year ago

Any of you guys want to try and beat my high score?

IMG_20221120_161827 (resized).jpgIMG_20221120_161827 (resized).jpg
#23567 1 year ago
Quoted from butterz:

[quoted image]

Hell...you can do better than that! You still have 3 balls to go!

#23568 1 year ago
Quoted from butterz:

[quoted image]

You're going to need a bigger monitor.

#23569 1 year ago
Quoted from butterz:

[quoted image]

Nice.

Walk us through with what your strategy was to get there…

#23570 1 year ago
Quoted from butterz:

[quoted image]

Desert demolition bug

#23571 1 year ago

I'd call that an Easter egg

#23572 1 year ago
Quoted from dug:

Desert demolition bug

It's a feature.

#23573 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a feature.

ok…. Feature bug
Haha

#23574 1 year ago

Anyone interested in buying the new improved playfields for GNR (main playfield and upper mini playfield).

When I picked theses up I had Eric Meunier sign the main playfield.

The mini playfield is still wrapped in plastic from JJP, I haven’t opened it.

I bought these from JJP as part of the deal for the original owners that had playfield issues.
I Paid over $600 for both.... this is supposed to be half of the actual price on these items.

I bought them just in case but my playfields are fine and I already have another one hung up on my wall that I bought at expo last year.

Selling for $600 even with shipping included in the U.S.

I still have the box and shipping material it came in.

Pm me if interested and of course I will donate to pinside for the sale.

092E6B4F-E097-4534-B605-122B55D49F89 (resized).jpeg092E6B4F-E097-4534-B605-122B55D49F89 (resized).jpeg505787F7-BDA0-426C-AE87-178158128DAA (resized).jpeg505787F7-BDA0-426C-AE87-178158128DAA (resized).jpeg
Added 17 months ago:

Not for sale anymore.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23575 1 year ago

Have a couple more things…

1. A brand new set of the GNR Legendary art blades by Tilt graphics. $70 and this includes shipping in the U.S.

2. I have a JJP translite of GNR if anyone is interested in that? The translite is not really made to be back lit but it can be… I put it up to one of my lit frames and the light does come through. Or I’m sure it it would look amazing framed. Also, I had it autographed at expo by the whole team that worked on GNR. $150 plus shipping.

Here is a picture of what the art blades look like... the set i'm selling is new and unopened in the original package.

B1D6A99B-EBD5-4FEE-9CFD-8F50FDAA8A51 (resized).pngB1D6A99B-EBD5-4FEE-9CFD-8F50FDAA8A51 (resized).png
F52E5CBB-5372-4273-94FD-E7A352F3BE3E (resized).jpegF52E5CBB-5372-4273-94FD-E7A352F3BE3E (resized).jpeg
3699E5AE-2FC9-4CAC-92F7-75C9A277954F (resized).jpeg3699E5AE-2FC9-4CAC-92F7-75C9A277954F (resized).jpegCF022625-7432-4EB1-B927-115CA4ABA6C7 (resized).jpegCF022625-7432-4EB1-B927-115CA4ABA6C7 (resized).jpeg

Added 16 months ago:

Not for sale anymore

#23576 1 year ago

EDIT, playfield available once again. I'd rather stay out of the doghouse w my wife....

#23577 1 year ago

Hey all my center scoop switch has failed (the mini switch with the roller) and I need a part number to be sure I order a compatible replacement... can anyone help a brother out?

#23578 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey all my center scoop switch has failed (the mini switch with the roller) and I need a part number to be sure I order a compatible replacement... can anyone help a brother out?

What do you mean by fail? Are the wires still all connected properly, switch arm fine, switch button simply does nothing or?

#23579 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

What do you mean by fail? Are the wires still all connected properly, switch arm fine, switch button simply does nothing or?

Yeah, I've pulled it and metered it and got nothing. I suspect a https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html will be a suitable replacement just hoping to confirm.

I figured I would just use a new mini switch but the arm is like perma molded into the case so no dice.

#23580 1 year ago

My distributor came over today to finally swap out the Playfield LCD , with a new screen and board .
Removing the screen isn't as tricky as I thought it would be .
Remove the 6 hex screws holding on the cover .
Undo the power and the HDMI connections and remove the 4 screws from the bracket and it just pulls out .
To remove the board on the back of the LCD , you pull down the tabs on each side of the connector for the ribbon cable ( when you re-insert the cable push the tabs back up to lock it into position ) and what looks like screws in the Four Corners of the board are pins and you can just pull it off .

So we did all of that but the screen wouldn't work . After lots of trial and error we discovered the second board was stuffed . The original board would power on ( the screen was white ) but it wasn't receiving data , the new board would receive data but it wouldn't power on .
By the end of it , we realised that if you turned on the game with the original board the computer would recognise the screen was there , so then you could connect the replacement board and it would receive the data and work but if you turned the machine off , it would not recognise the screen was there when you turned it on again .
The ribbon cable connector on the replacement board had a blue line on it , suggesting to me , that it was a used board that had been tested on a testing station that was on and didn't pick up the Power fault . Ive seen posted before where jjp has written on obviously used boards in games . ( just a Theory )

Also replaced the Shooter board to fix the auto plunge issue but the board was faulty as well .

Lastly , the left Spotlight that doesn't work , we tried new servos and it would occasionally move left and right , after a lot of testing we concluded it was a broken wire somewhere in the harness .
My distributor said he would organise a new wiring harness .
The good news is my distributor hadn't seen the lcd problem before but hopefully the information is handy if you do have any issues .

Obviously disappointed the issues weren't fixed but confident they will be sorted out .

IMG_20221124_235456 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235456 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_230647 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_230647 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235407 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235407 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_002827 (resized).jpgIMG_20221125_002827 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235426 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235426 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235349 (resized).jpgIMG_20221124_235349 (resized).jpg
#23582 1 year ago

Might give these a try. Any GNR owners recommend? Thoughts on color choices and the bushings?

#23583 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The good news is my distributor hadn't seen the lcd problem before but hopefully the information is handy if you do have any issues .
Obviously disappointed the issues weren't fixed but confident they will be sorted out .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That J101 ribbon cable is cocked. Is that part of your issue? Or was that before you worked on it?

#23584 1 year ago

Decided to give these a try on my GnR (which has the worst flipper "feel" of all my pins). Thanks for the discount!

#23585 1 year ago

Well, today I beat my own highest score and made it into the top global players in Scorbit! I know, barely made it but still happy!!! I love this game!

D5950A35-3A4C-4997-AA44-C06AE2562740 (resized).jpegD5950A35-3A4C-4997-AA44-C06AE2562740 (resized).jpeg
#23586 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:Well, today I beat my own highest score and made it into the top global players in Scorbit! I know, barely made it but still happy!!! I love this game![quoted image]

Wow congrats.
What was your strategy and key factors to getting that score ? (Besides not draining. Lol)

#23587 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My distributor came over today to finally swap out the Playfield LCD , with a new screen and board .
Removing the screen isn't as tricky as I thought it would be .
Remove the 6 hex screws holding on the cover .
Undo the power and the HDMI connections and remove the 4 screws from the bracket and it just pulls out .
To remove the board on the back of the LCD , you pull down the tabs on each side of the connector for the ribbon cable ( when you re-insert the cable push the tabs back up to lock it into position ) and what looks like screws in the Four Corners of the board are pins and you can just pull it off .
So we did all of that but the screen wouldn't work . After lots of trial and error we discovered the second board was stuffed . The original board would power on ( the screen was white ) but it wasn't receiving data , the new board would receive data but it wouldn't power on .
By the end of it , we realised that if you turned on the game with the original board the computer would recognise the screen was there , so then you could connect the replacement board and it would receive the data and work but if you turned the machine off , it would not recognise the screen was there when you turned it on again .
The ribbon cable connector on the replacement board had a blue line on it , suggesting to me , that it was a used board that had been tested on a testing station that was on and didn't pick up the Power fault . Ive seen posted before where jjp has written on obviously used boards in games . ( just a Theory )
Also replaced the Shooter board to fix the auto plunge issue but the board was faulty as well .
Lastly , the left Spotlight that doesn't work , we tried new servos and it would occasionally move left and right , after a lot of testing we concluded it was a broken wire somewhere in the harness .
My distributor said he would organise a new wiring harness .
Obviously disappointed the issues weren't fixed but confident they will be sorted out .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is wonderful to have distributers in Australia that will go this far for you. I live 45mins from where games are made . good Luck getting anything done frome distributers around here

#23588 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow congrats.
What was your strategy and key factors to getting that score ? (Besides not draining. Lol)

It was a combination of patches, maxing out boosters and then nailing shots during the first song (which gave me 100M). I posted in the past my patches strategy in this thread but first time I get 100M in a song.

#23589 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

It was a combination of patches, maxing out boosters and then nailing shots during the first song (which gave me 100M). I posted in the past my patches strategy in this thread but first time I get 100M in a song.

Nice... Thx for the reminder, found it! I'm not sure I was ready for your message when I read that the first time. I'm further along now. Time to go experiment.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/440#post-6992084

#23590 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Might give these a try. Any GNR owners recommend? Thoughts on color choices and the bushings?

I bought them and am pleased with the purchase. I went with black and like the look. I got the bushings too in like them as well. One thing to note for the third flipper it's much easier to remove the speakers that are above the flipper.

20220828_134858 (resized).jpg20220828_134858 (resized).jpg20220828_134904 (resized).jpg20220828_134904 (resized).jpg

#23591 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:That J101 ribbon cable is cocked. Is that part of your issue? Or was that before you worked on it?

The ribbon cable is fine .
When I start a game now , I connect the old screen and power on and then reconnect the new screen . It's a pain in the arse but when I play , I play for a few hours so it's worth the couple minutes it takes to do . Hopefully it won't be too long till I get a new screen .
It's been down for so long I'd forgotten how much information on there and how useful it is .

IMG20221125200033 (resized).jpgIMG20221125200033 (resized).jpg
#23592 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I bought them and am pleased with the purchase. I went with black and like the look. I got the bushings too in like them as well. One thing to note for the third flipper it's much easier to remove the speakers that are above the flipper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I ordered a set of 3 with the bushing using the BF code.

I haven’t played my GNR in awhile (no pinball in fact) but got some good games yesterday and broke my GC (with my settings), the game played extremely well and had an absolute blast. So I’m skeptical on how much these precision flippers will improve play, but will post a review here.

#23593 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I ordered a set of 3 with the bushing using the BF code.
I haven’t played my GNR in awhile (no pinball in fact) but got some good games yesterday and broke my GC (with my settings), the game played extremely well and had an absolute blast. So I’m skeptical on how much these precision flippers will improve play, but will post a review here.

Did you get the halos or solids? Black?

#23594 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Did you get the halos or solids? Black?

I went with gold. I really like how black flipper rubbers play with GNR but it doesn’t work with black bats. I was originally going to go with red bats but then that wouldn’t let me switch to red rubbers if desired. So switched to gold bats so I can play with both types of rubbers.

#23595 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I went with gold. I really like how black flipper rubbers play with GNR but it doesn’t work with black bats. I was originally going to go with red bats but then that wouldn’t let me switch to red rubbers if desired. So switched to gold bats so I can play with both types of rubbers.

Cool look forward to hearing/seeing more.
Hoping you went with the hollow "halo" bats over the solids?

#23596 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hopefully you have seen this post...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/30#post-7258051

#23597 1 year ago

Product has arrived!

Previously I ordered Spotlight Assembly Upgrade Kits from Germany as well as Emax Servos from China to bundle together.
All have arrived. I am shipping Monday for those that have paid, and I have sent PMs to all those that PM'd me in order to finalize payment.

So, right now after all that, I have THREE full "bundles" remaining that are available, this bundle includes the PU-Parts.com spotlight upgrade kit plus, and four Emax 3054 servos for $160 shipped to your location in the USA. Paypal or Venmo. PM me if you are interested in claiming one of these remaining bundles of a Spotlight Upgrade Kit + 4 servos.

#23598 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When I start a game now , I connect the old screen and power on and then reconnect the new screen . It's a pain in the arse but when I play , I play for a few hours so it's worth the couple minutes it takes to do . Hopefully it won't be too long till I get a new screen .

Something messed up in bios setting for start up ? Or new screen has settings different from old screen ?

LTG : )

#23599 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Cool look forward to hearing/seeing more.
Hoping you went with the hollow "halo" bats over the solids?

I went with solids. The halos look really cool, but I like to be able to see the flippers and not sure how those would be especially with the GNR light show.

#23600 1 year ago

Looks like my AXL magnet died again. I can’t seem to find the replacement on pinball life or Marco. Anyone know where to get them? Think JJP will support the replacement 2 years later?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 472 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/472?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.