IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 567.
#2251 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Looks identical to the one Lior posted and started selling two weeks ago...
[quoted image]

Um, no it doesn't. I mean there's Guns and Roses on each...kind of a no-brainer with this pin

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

I know Matt is awesome, I have all of his mods and he has powder coated for me. Same with the Mod Couple, I have all of your MOD's too. I am just saying that Lior started selling this two weeks ago and it looks identical to what he was selling.

Amd at half the price so thatā€™s a Win for me! Lol. Just wanted to finish off that front look and this will do nicely.

#2253 3 years ago

Matt does make nice stuff, but I know first hand that quality is never an issue with what Lior makes and its a good option for $70 more. I am pretty sure he also sends extras with all of his mods that gets shipped out.

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Matt does make nice stuff, but I know first hand that quality is never an issue with what Lior makes and its a good option for $70 more. I am pretty sure he also sends extras with all of his mods that gets shipped out.

No extras with IJ mods, I think there was a key chain on one of the POTC mods (HMS)....so I've never received anything extra that has any real value...I highly doubt the Loir version is 30+% better .... they look pretty close to me....

#2255 3 years ago

Lior's stuff is second to none. Not going to play down the the effort that I'm sure Back Alley Creations put into their mod, but I have never seen the time, energy, and effort put into hand sculpting one of kind original mods that Lior at Art of Pinball has. He posted up a new thread about his GNR work 2 weeks ago and I know he shared it with some of us directly even before that. I have ordered all of his stuff for the machines I own (POTC & Hobbit) and they just blow me away. Plus most of his mods come with extras which is just amazing. All hand sculpted and painted, nothing 3d printed. A couple of weeks ago I posted up some pics of the Hobbit stuff and it honestly took me over an hour to try and get decent enough pictures that showed off all of the detail and I still don't think I did them justice. Have a look at the links below and make up your own mind. His stuff might cost a little more, but you get what you pay for every time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-the-hobbit-sculpted-pinball-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

#2256 3 years ago

guys all is ok. thank you for the backup but do not forget its Guns N' Roses. it has guns and roses. its good that people have more option to choose which one to buy

Thank you

#2257 3 years ago

Disc fell off and I'm not sure how to reattach. When I tighten the bolt underneath there seems to be a lot of give which I suspect isn't the way it should be.

I recall this issue being discussed already but can't seem to find it in thread.

IMG_4811 (resized).jpegIMG_4811 (resized).jpegIMG_4815 (resized).jpegIMG_4815 (resized).jpeg
#2258 3 years ago

Any updates on getting a Titan rubber kit put together? Sounds like flippers are a must. Still waiting to hear on my LE date, but want to be prepared!

#2259 3 years ago
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 10.49.12 AM (resized).png
#2260 3 years ago

soo... any way to prevent the call outs from lowering the music volume? is is terrible during songs.

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

soo... any way to prevent the call outs from lowering the music volume? is is terrible during songs.

I didn't find this to be a problem. The call outs seemed well mixed with the songs to me. You need to be able to hear them, they are super helpful during multiball.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I didn't find this to be a problem. The call outs seemed well mixed with the songs to me.

they happen at random times and literally lower the music volume. Like a random PA announcement in the middle of a concert... buzzkill

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Any updates on getting a Titan rubber kit put together? Sounds like flippers are a must. Still waiting to hear on my LE date, but want to be prepared!

Yeah I need to order a kit. The sizes / quantity are not listed in the manual unfortunately.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

they happen at random times and literally lower the music volume. Like a random PA announcement in the middle of a concert... buzzkill

Yes there are settings for that.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.30.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.30.29 PM (resized).png
#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes there are settings for that. [quoted image]

can you help me understand that? I want to keep the call out volume I just dont want them to lower the music volume when they happen

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

can you help me understand that? I want to keep the call out volume I just dont want them to lower the music volume when they happen

I'd just play with the settings. Start with increasing music mix. Maybe it isn't possible to do what you want. To me what you are describing isn't so noticeable or a buzzkill. During a song the song volume is noticeably louder, so you would probably have a hard time hearing the callouts if it was set as you described.

#2267 3 years ago

Just set everything to 11

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you guys think JJP is applying this to current and future built games? Or should I plan on ordering a bottle of loctite?

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you guys think JJP is applying this to current and future built games? Or should I plan on ordering a bottle of loctite?

Yes they are. It was just the first few games that went out.

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's not a bad idea to have on hand anyway. Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place.

Get the blue loctite though, some of the other colors are pretty much permanent.

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks Yelobird I'm not clear on how to reassemble the bolts below the disc, can you please take a look at this and compare to yours?

IMG_4816 (resized).jpegIMG_4816 (resized).jpeg
#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks yelobird I'm not clear on how to reassemble the bolts below the disc, can you please take a look at this and compare to yours?

Looks like you have an extra brass piece on yours next to the screw. Check the manual, maybe it doesn't belong there or goes on top.

LTG : )

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg
#2273 3 years ago

Thanks LTG How snug is that bolt secured to the disc ie is there a lot of give like this?

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks ltg How snug is that bolt secured to the disc ie is there a lot of give like this?

There should be up/down play. It uses its own weight to keep it in the down position. Just add loc-tite and tighten. LTG is correct, looks like you have an extra bronze washer.

#2275 3 years ago

Ugh! When is mine coming?! Waiting is hard. XD

#2276 3 years ago

Distributor in Australia said that his first container is supposed to be shipping early this month for all the aussies waiting on news.

I'm standing at the end of the driveway hopping up and down and holding my dick waiting for my new Air Hockey table that's coming today...i hope..

It'll be 6 weeks or more till is see gunners.

#2277 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Just buy a bulk kit and have extras!

#2278 3 years ago

well just heard from my distributer im not in this current round of LEs and will prob be early 2021. So Im getting something else for now and will maybe add GnR next year.

#2279 3 years ago

Leaving the depot. Countdown to set up......

8D999B20-FE70-4217-94E1-3681A71EA9A8 (resized).jpeg8D999B20-FE70-4217-94E1-3681A71EA9A8 (resized).jpeg
#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ugh! When is mine coming?! Waiting is hard. XD

Dude! Chill!
It hasnā€™t even been out a month yet!

Think about all those poor saps that ordered a Rick and Morty ā€œlast Decemberā€and they are still waiting!

Wait... iā€™m one of those poor saps.

Oh well at least I was able to sneak in and got a GNR!!!

Ha ha just kidding.
Hope you get yours soon!
Itā€™s an awesome pinball machine!

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Leaving the depot. Countdown to set up......[quoted image]

Prepare to be amazed!

Friendly tipā€¦ Donā€™t try carrying that bigā€™ol son of a bitch in the box!

Itā€™s really heavily as hell! It popped my shoulder when I tried to do that! (Getting old i guess)

I wasnā€™t gonna set it up right away so I figured Iā€™d bring it into the house with the box and all until I was ready to unbox it. Yeah that was a big mistake!

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Prepare to be amazed!
Itā€™s really heavily as hell! It popped my shoulder when I tried to do that! (Getting old i guess)
I wasnā€™t gonna set it up right away so I figured Iā€™d bring it into the house with the box and all until I was ready to unbox it. Yeah that was a big mistake!

Lol. No worries, I have backup arriving in about 30 minutes. Definitely has more weight to it than I thought.

#2283 3 years ago

Mini tip

Adjust the LED brightness to high in the settings, for some reason it comes set at medium. Makes a big difference in light show level

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Mini tip
Adjust the LED brightness to high in the settings, for some reason it comes set at medium. Makes a big difference in light show level

Sheeesh!! For real?? I'll have to check my setting. Its pretty damn bright and amazing as it was set. I can't imagine it brighter

#2285 3 years ago

Prepare to be amazed!

What do you mean man? How much heavier is cardboard box?

#2286 3 years ago

New Mod from Lior!!!

Link to the Art of Pinball Thread below for more pics!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/2#post-5946933

Click for all the photos direct to the Instagram site

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHL-me4Hf5P/
a424640130951860e00dd6aa6547c59719f375e3 (resized).jpga424640130951860e00dd6aa6547c59719f375e3 (resized).jpg

5cdc90b5a1682b7f5ef58b523a03d9c7c8ac668c (resized).jpg5cdc90b5a1682b7f5ef58b523a03d9c7c8ac668c (resized).jpg
#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just buy a bulk kit and have extras!

Hell yeah, exactly what I did. Always great to have extra titans, order some extra balls while your at it. Minimize those shipping charges for these small things.

Their bulk kit actually includes everything you could ever need, including flipper rubbers. Their site is actually fairly intuitive for a small company. Add the bulk kit to your cart, itll pop up and allow you to change the colors, etc.

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

New Mod from Lior!!!
Link to the Art of Pinball Thread below for more pics!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/2#post-5946933
Click for all the photos direct to the Instagram site
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHL-me4Hf5P/

Looks fantastic. IMHO it looks better than the CE shooter plate. LE owners can pimp out their machine to look better than the CE.

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Looks fantastic. IMHO it looks better than the CE shooter plate. LE owners can pimp out their machine to look better than the CE.

I agree! My LE is gonna be PIMP ...

Now hopefully the playfield issue is solved when it gets here (knock on wood)

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I agree! My LE is gonna be PIMP ...
Now hopefully the playfield issue is solved when it gets here (knock on wood)

Couldnā€™t agree more if the rumors are true and I get my LE in February or March I should have the mods before the actual pin!

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Thank you!
wait for the topper....

#2292 3 years ago

These mods all look great, and on the LE art, I really prefer the pimped out LE over the others. Such a gorgeous pin! Looking forward to the topper.

#2293 3 years ago

Any tips on checking my magnet? I remember seeing it activate frequently but the past several games it doesnt seem to be working.

Thanks

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

What do you mean man? How much heavier is cardboard box?

Thatā€™s what I was thinking!

The base of the box had a 1/2 thick plywood with thick cardboard on either side... that mustā€™ve weighed 50 pounds easily!

Ha ha, seriously though itā€™s packed well and once itā€™s out of the box without all the heavy packing material and the legs itā€™s a big difference. Especially when weā€™re talking over 350 pounds! Definitely much heavier than my NIB Deadpool was.

Or like I said maybe Iā€™m just getting old.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Any tips on checking my magnet? I remember seeing it activate frequently but the past several games it doesnt seem to be working.
Thanks

I noticed the same thing. Mine has not been catching the ball as much it seems like but I did move it and adjust the legs recently. I wonder if that affects it?

#2296 3 years ago

I noticed the same thing. Mine has not been catching the ball as much it seems like but I did move it and adjust the legs recently. I wonder if that affects it?

I donā€™t think so. There are certain situations where the magnet is activated. I think itā€™s just coincidence.

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There should be up/down play. It uses its own weight to keep it in the down position. Just add loc-tite and tighten. LTG is correct, looks like you have an extra bronze washer.

Turns out the extra washer came from the other side of the shaft that fell off. Now reassembled, the disc is working again except it seems to spin ever so slightly from just the vibrations of the game. Is that normal? The disc in buffalo's stream is pretty locked when not being hit.

IMG_4818 (resized).jpegIMG_4818 (resized).jpeg
#2298 3 years ago

Landed AFD on my record. So far only issue is the lockdown bar is super tight to take off and put on, and the glass seems uneven. And yes, pooling on one post, but going to play the shit out of it.

FB775080-E61E-4450-95F0-441F9F9EE495 (resized).jpegFB775080-E61E-4450-95F0-441F9F9EE495 (resized).jpeg
#2299 3 years ago

So far only issue is the lockdown bar is super tight to take off and put on,

The two brass screws on top of the lockdown bar receiver - you can turn them to loosen or tighten the lockdown bar.

LTG : )

#2300 3 years ago

Landed AFD on my record. So far only issue is the lockdown bar is super tight to take off and put on, and the glass seems uneven. And yes, pooling on one post, but going to play the shit out of it. [quoted image]

That's what I would want on mine. Nice!

Btw with all of these super cool mods it's awesome that we can pair the CE add ons with the superior LE cabinet art you really have the ultimate model. Love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/46?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.