IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 469 of 569.
#23401 1 year ago

I believe I read a comment here saying it's possible to skip album modes? Is that correct?

#23402 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I believe I read a comment here saying it's possible to skip album modes? Is that correct?

Hold down action to toggle

#23403 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

It's true tho.

If you prefer clunky shooting, flow interrupting games that break a lot then the LE is exactly what you want. Not saying its horrible, I mean it is GNR....

If you want to not worry about it breaking and get some actual flow and smoothness going then the SE is the way to go.

Up to you and your preference.

#23404 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

It's true tho.
If you prefer clunky shooting, flow interrupting games that break a lot then the LE is exactly what you want. Not saying its horrible, I mean it is GNR....
If you want to not worry about it breaking and get some actual flow and smoothness going then the SE is the way to go.

Stop it , you're killing me

#23405 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Joining the club soon I think. What are the most important things for me to check for when buying a used LE? Thanks everyone.

Most important is if you can get an SE instead and save yourself the headaches of the LE and a couple grand. Bahahahaha.

Seriously tho, make sure all the components work properly. Lights, optos diverters, VUK, etc etc etc. Look at the playfield for bubbling around posts. Ask if they put anything on to prevent it.

#23406 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Stop it , you're killing me

LMAO. I can't stop! The truth needs to be known!

#23407 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

It's true tho.

You really need to stop shitting on the LE. I’m glad you like your SE but the rest of us are rolling our eyes at you.

#23408 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Most important is if you can get an SE instead and save yourself the headaches of the LE and a couple grand. Bahahahaha.
Seriously tho, make sure all the components work properly. Lights, optos diverters, VUK, etc etc etc. Look at the playfield for bubbling around posts. Ask if they put anything on to prevent it.

There's a reason almost no one bought the SE, and it wasn't to buy into "headaches." The SE is unpopular for a reason, even though it was much cheaper. You're entitled to like it, but don't make up stuff to justify your purchase.

#23409 1 year ago

He's almost ready to play. I give it 6 months before little man reaches both flippers.he's good at shooting the ball out already and does understand the purpose of the bats. Loves it when I lock the balls on the guitar and multiballs get him super excited. Can't wait.

C6D2BC68-5068-4AC6-B534-493BDEDEE162 (resized).jpegC6D2BC68-5068-4AC6-B534-493BDEDEE162 (resized).jpeg5E9F3F5C-C284-44E1-BF81-23D050CD176E (resized).jpeg5E9F3F5C-C284-44E1-BF81-23D050CD176E (resized).jpeg
#23410 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

It's true tho.

This is one of the old "The SE plays faster" and "Pro's player faster" style arguments. Of course they play faster...there's not a lot in them! Lol.

#23411 1 year ago

When has this place got so serious a guy can't have fun making some cheeky comments why his version of the game is better .
This is the owners thread and we all know what's what .
Even if someone was thinking about buying this game and reads this thread , they would be more ( rightly ) likely to be concerned about Playfield issues , rather than reliability and game play .
I'm surprised some people carn't read posts in the matter they were intended .

#23412 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When has this place got so serious a guy can't have fun making some cheeky comments why his version of the game is better .
This is the owners thread and we all know what's what .
Even if someone was thinking about buying this game and reads this thread , they would be more ( rightly ) likely to be concerned about Playfield issues , rather than reliability and game play .
I'm surprised some people carn't read posts in the matter they were intended .

It's only funny the first few times, after that, well, you see what happens.... it ceases to become funny, and multiple retorts like you see removes ANY possibility of it being funny or meant in humor, and crosses into serious... seriously annoying.. and basically picking a fight. I dont know how you missed all this, but hey, thats your personality and looks like he needs a friend right now anyway.
And luckily, everyone here is good people and he is "family" so no worries it will be forgotten as fast as it started (provided it stops of course), but jeez man, enough is enough.. stop poking the bears. Its nonsense on repeat. What do you expect? It's just beyond an expected comment, the "die on the hill" mentality over and over isn't necessary or helpful to anyone. Chime in and be cute if you want.. Say "SE is better" every time it comes up, fine, done, be cute and move on. ** IMO **

#23413 1 year ago

#23414 1 year ago

SE blows. LE is the better game. We all know that. Let’s move on. Now where is the F’n code update!!!

#23415 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's only funny the first few times, after that, well, you see what happens.... it ceases to become funny, and multiple retorts like you see removes ANY possibility of it being funny or meant in humor, and crosses into serious... seriously annoying.. and basically picking a fight. I dont know how you missed all this, but hey, thats your personality and looks like he needs a friend right now anyway.
And luckily, everyone here is good people and he is "family" so no worries it will be forgotten as fast as it started (provided it stops of course), but jeez man, enough is enough.. stop poking the bears. Its nonsense on repeat. What do you expect? It's just beyond an expected comment, the "die on the hill" mentality over and over isn't necessary or helpful to anyone. Chime in and be cute if you want.. Say "SE is better" every time it comes up, fine, done, be cute and move on. ** IMO **

This literally happens for any game that has different models with playfield differences. Head on over to the IM fan club and see the debate between pro vs premium there lol. I myself have bought pros, premiums, LEs for stern and for JP SE and LE. Usually it’s on personal preference sometimes it’s just convenience as in the case Of my GNR se. People like what they like. At the end of the day it’s pinball it’s supposed to be fun.

#23416 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

SE blows. LE is the better game. We all know that. Let’s move on. Now where is the F’n code update!!!

Lol Saying the SE blows is a little far fetched.

#23417 1 year ago

I almost tripled my last TFC high score last night playing GnR. Lots of points to be had if you get your record to diamond level and the right patches.

4ED593EB-1CDE-4603-8FA8-BA4BEB616DDC.jpeg4ED593EB-1CDE-4603-8FA8-BA4BEB616DDC.jpeg
#23418 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Waiting for a GNR code update

Waiting-Skeleton (resized).jpgWaiting-Skeleton (resized).jpg

#23419 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Having a go at my personality ? That's rich coming from you , but I remember when you got upset and left pinside .
I don't want to see this happen to anyone else else .
Let someone have their fun and don't take things too seriously .
It's only pinball for fuck sake .

You're alright.

#23420 1 year ago

Hi All,

Where can i acquire the robust spotlight assemblies?
My OEM have failed in the usual place.

Thanks in advance

#23421 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi All,
Thanks in advance

I had some custom printed if you look back in this thread. I think Pinball universe had some options if the ship to you.

#23422 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I had some custom printed if you look back in this thread. I think Pinball universe had some options if the ship to you.

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, PU don't ship to UK anymore.
Shame as they have fantastic service.

#23423 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi All,
Thanks in advance

In the topic index for this thread, there's a link to the thingiverse files to print your own in PETG or Nylon if you have a 3D printer. If you don't I'd take the files to a 3D service bureau. There seem to be some in your area about 20 minutes away in Carlisle and this would be much faster and likely cheaper than having someone print them and send them out to you.

Here's a google map showing what places can print the files near to you:
https://tinyurl.com/4fy8p9dk

#23424 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In the topic index for this thread, there's a link to the thingiverse files to print your own in PETG or Nylon if you have a 3D printer. If you don't I'd take the files to a 3D service bureau. There seem to be some in your area about 20 minutes away in Carlisle and this would be much faster and likely cheaper than having someone print them and send them out to you.
Here's a google map showing what places can print the files near to you:
https://tinyurl.com/4fy8p9dk

That’s awesome mate, much appreciated.
Thank you ever so much, I’ll check this out

#23425 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

That’s awesome mate, much appreciated.
Thank you ever so much, I’ll check this out

No problem. Just make sure they print it in PETG or Nylon. I don't think PLA will hold up long-term. Good luck!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23426 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I almost tripled my last TFC high score last night playing GnR. Lots of points to be had if you get your record to diamond level and the right patches.

That's gotta be one of, if not the highest album mode scores I remember seeing and I've followed along with every post in this thread since day 1. Really awesome. I might have to give album modes more of a go here soon using some of your tips.

#23427 1 year ago

Joined the club today! An LE born March 2022!

Screenshot_20221104-221245 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221104-221245 (resized).png
#23428 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

[quoted image]

Gorgeous!

#23429 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

[quoted image]

Congrats, you will really enjoy it! There's a lotta game there.

#23430 1 year ago

I am missing my GnR to the extreme. I enjoyed the rush of Erics GnR immensely.

Killed me to battle with on going errors.
I may be a sucker for punishment.
Wanting to get back in the game with an LE.

I just hope to get one that is not possessed.

20220708_133439 (resized).jpg20220708_133439 (resized).jpg
#23431 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:I am missing my GnR to the extreme. I enjoyed the rush of Erics GnR immensely.
I just hope to get one that is not possessed. [quoted image]

Good luck with the hunt .

#23432 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am missing my GnR to the extreme. I enjoyed the rush of Erics GnR immensely.
I just hope to get one that is not possessed. [quoted image]

There's a few around

#23433 1 year ago

BC_Gambit PinMonk
Thanks gents, is there anything missing from below for the Spotlight assembly, or is this complete?
Hinge
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854563
Main Body
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4898252

#23434 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

BC_Gambit PinMonk
Thanks gents, is there anything missing from below for the Spotlight assembly, or is this complete?
Hinge
Main Body

These are all the bits that come in the kit from pinball universe .

IMG_20221106_004813 (resized).jpgIMG_20221106_004813 (resized).jpg
#23435 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

These are all the bits that come in the kit from pinball universe .
[quoted image]

Yes… I noticed earlier there are more parts from the PU design.
I wonder if that’s additional above and beyond OEM?
Highlighted bits appear additional from PU.

B7600DA9-186B-44B2-B4BE-4B64A8BA1B79 (resized).jpegB7600DA9-186B-44B2-B4BE-4B64A8BA1B79 (resized).jpeg
#23436 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image]

Dude that's great! Holy cow that's great! Are you on beta code?

#23437 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Highlighted bits appear additional from PU.[quoted image]

Yep that's an add on. I just installed it on the left spotlight. Not sure it'd really needed but I suppose it doesn't hurt.

#23438 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Highlighted bits appear additional from PU.[quoted image]

Yes.
Servo support brackets.
I didn't install them because I didn't re-read the directions until after..

I like the idea of those.
Also that the kit comes with heat shrink for the gear if needed.
Wire ties to perform wire management after you have to cut the others off.
As well as even a nifty little rubber band that you can use to hold the spotlight together while you're working on the bracket and installation because they fall apart when they're not in the assembly.
Here is a link to the installation instructions with pictures and details.
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/pu-gnr-jjp-spotlight-upgrade-kit.pdf

While I am talking up the PU kit from Germany, I did order some.. They just shipped from Germany and should be here in a few weeks at the most as long as everything flows properly...
I still have a couple slots open if anybody wants one when they come in... USA only.
Pm me.

#23439 1 year ago

I just joined the club again and heard a rumor that the new game code coming out will allow the current videos (older band like in the code now) or videos back in the day when the band was younger, is that correct

#23440 1 year ago

Never heard that one, but that would be awesome. Slash is heavily involved, so I’m assuming they have full access to the older stuff too.

#23441 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Dude that's great! Holy cow that's great! Are you on beta code?

Thanks man…I’m on the latest code not beta. I was thinking of trying out the beta version but I’m having so much fun with the original code I haven’t switched yet.

#23442 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's gotta be one of, if not the highest album mode scores I remember seeing and I've followed along with every post in this thread since day 1. Really awesome. I might have to give album modes more of a go here soon using some of your tips.

It’s pretty fun trying to juice up the album and collecting enough patches to take advantage of the album mini wiz mode.

#23443 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

BC_Gambit PinMonk
Hinge
Main Body

It's everything you need. The other kit has additional parts you can do without. My main bracket hasn't broken since I installed these.

#23444 1 year ago

So last week I was asking about what to be on the lookout for on a used GnR LE. The pooling at the posts was one of the things that I was told to check. The game I purchased was built in March of 2022. For everyone's benefit, I wanted to let you know that the seller informed me that the game came with the post washers straight from the factory. Not sure if this is why we stopped seeing the issues with pooling on later run games or not but I wanted to pass this along.

#23445 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

So last week I was asking about what to be on the lookout for on a used GnR LE. The pooling at the posts was one of the things that I was told to check. The game I purchased was built in March of 2022. For everyone's benefit, I wanted to let you know that the seller informed me that the game came with the post washers straight from the factory. Not sure if this is why we stopped seeing the issues with pooling on later run games or not but I wanted to pass this along.

The washers alone didn't stop the pooling, it just spread it out over time. Something changed with the PF's late in 2021 and seems to have been definitively fixed by Toy Story 4 to stop the soft clear with pooling and chipping.

#23446 1 year ago

What could be causing this.

A116C1E3-2502-498A-885E-25469EC063C0 (resized).jpegA116C1E3-2502-498A-885E-25469EC063C0 (resized).jpegC75E4C66-D8D1-423D-9E1C-AF524191E918 (resized).jpegC75E4C66-D8D1-423D-9E1C-AF524191E918 (resized).jpeg
#23447 1 year ago

Will be removing the ramps shortly to replace one of the snubber blocks that’s broke off next to the middle VUK and give the playfield a clean too!

#23448 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

They are metal filings. Should wipe off.

#23449 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I had the exact same thing , it wipes off easily enough , just hard to get to , I need to make something to get to the tiny bit I couldn't get .
I asume it must be coming from behind the jam Target .
The weird thing is , in the picture it looks shiny , in-person it looked like dust .

IMG_20221106_230639 (resized).jpgIMG_20221106_230639 (resized).jpgIMG_20221106_230421 (resized).jpgIMG_20221106_230421 (resized).jpg

#23450 1 year ago

Mine has those shavings attracted to that spot too. I assumed it was just part of the break in process and most likely from the left ramp diverter slamming up and down all the time.
I was always Curious why that metal rail has a charge to do that... Diverter coil proximity?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 469 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/469?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.