IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 462 of 568.
#23051 1 year ago

Really looking forward to the new code release!

#23052 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Last one for now, just on ball 1 and noticed the Song Value for starting Nightrain was 140 before starting the song and I'm at 21 million with 2 balls to go. Definitely some score tweaking has been going on

Great news. The fact they're messing with scoring is a super-positive sign for GnR. Really, the only thing between this layout and immortal greatness is balanced scoring and a few other rule changes (Slash solo, etc). I'm looking forward to the new release, very much.

#23053 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Absolutely! The upper playfield and hotrail lightshow is what makes this game special. Don't cheap out, wait until you have the cash on hand, you'll regret the SE and spend time convincing yourself that you made a good choice because it is rarest of them all. There were only a handful made becasue it sucks that bad compared to the LE.
I might be wrong, but I think the SE was launched at a $8500 price tag. You can get a used stock LE for around $9500. So, if you are saving 2.5-3K on an SE then you might ask yourself 'Why are SEs priced so low?' Because they are the 'Rarest' or because they 'Suck'???

This is simply and completely not true.

The SE is a great game. I own one so I'm biased. But when I play the LE I find it clunky and disjointed feeling.

The SE is smoother and has more ow (altho flow is not the style of game here).

You won't regret buying either model. So get whatever you can or want.

#23054 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Plus, all the SEs are pretty much guaranteed to have trash playfields. They didn't seem to get their heads outta their butts till after the SEs weren't even being produced any longer.

My SE has very minimal problems with pooling. I'd say the playfield is a 9/10.

#23055 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Great news. The fact they're messing with scoring is a super-positive sign for GnR. Really, the only thing between this layout and immortal greatness is balanced scoring and a few other rule changes (Slash solo, etc). I'm looking forward to the new release, very much.

It really seems like there have been some changes I haven't dived into the settings at all it just seems super strange that the first game I played after the update my score blew up and I've been getting better scores on average but I have been tinkering with the flippers and dialing everything into so it shoots amazing now not that it didn't before but it's closer to a Stern now than ever...

In other words don't take my GC and excitement as any kind of an official code update for scoring

#23056 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The value of this game is WAY down.

It's always the way while games are instock , once these are no longer available they will shoot up in price .
I remember people saying I would lose thousands selling my Hobbit and I couldn't even give away my pre-order on POTC CE , look at the prices now .
People always want what they can't get .

#23057 1 year ago

I played "it's so easy" on beta 30 and the light show is awesome different. It's mesmerizing. I confirmed with fooflighter for a second opinion as he is also on beta 30.... Anyone else in beta 30 and notice other changes? Post them up!

#23058 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I played "it's so easy" on beta 30 and the light show is awesome different. It's mesmerizing. I confirmed with fooflighter for a second opinion as he is also on beta 30.... Anyone else in beta 30 and notice other changes? Post them up!

I am going to download now,this sounds promising! Poor Slash,wonder what he thinks about his mode.

#23059 1 year ago

how does one join this beta program?

#23061 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

how does one join this beta program?

A setting in the diag menu... from Keefer's beta thread referenced above...

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Starting with the most recent versions of GNR and Wonka, there is an option in advanced network settings to switch from "regular" updates to our beta channel.

Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I am going to download now,this sounds promising! Poor Slash,wonder what he thinks about his mode.

From fooflighter in the Beta thread, he noticed additional call outs, and that the SPECIAL which he set to Extra Ball, now works.
Also, both of us completed Demolition Derby for the first time on basically the same day on Beta 30, so there appears to be additional changes... one can only hope Slash Solo is affected positively.... someone install Beta30 and try it and report back.

#23062 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

A setting in the diag menu... from Keefer's beta thread referenced above...

I set it up yesterday. Pretty slick. Takes two updates to get to 30.

#23063 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:I set it up yesterday. Pretty slick. Takes two updates to get to 30.

Ah, that makes sense since one of the beta's is a OS update, and as well there is an "update to the updater" which is likely a pre-requisite to getting to Beta30.

#23064 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Anyone else in beta 30 and notice other changes?

Just in from a nice long vacation and did the double update to get to beta 30 but only had a chance to play 1 game since I've been back and it was Coma. I did terrible. I'll be hitting it heavy this week after I wax it quick. Approaching 1500 plays now.

#23065 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

JJP just reached out to see if I still want a replacement/spare CE playfield and I’m torn. I put myself on the waitlist over a year ago. Maybe two?
Main Playfield = $499.00 each
Upper Playfield = $119.00 each
Total = $618.00 each set plus shipping
They have the main playfield in stock. Upper by the end of the year.
My playfield has been holding up reasonably well. I would not do a PF swap in its current state. Way too much effort. But I’m toying with the idea of storing the spare as insurance. I’ve never sold a pin with a spare PF before. Will buyers find value in that? I have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I’m curious what the collective wisdom of the forum thinks…

Quoted from Mattyk:

The value of this game is WAY down. If there isn’t a big time code update the LE is at best a $9,000 game used. I doubt anyone will pay you an extra $600 because you have an extra playfield. That is because 99% of people are not going to swap playfields. I think you are throwing good money after bad, for lack of a better term

He was talking about a CE. I would think it’s much more likely that someone would want to swap a playfield to get a perfect CE when there were only 500 made. Or, the insurance to be able to for just $600.

I had pooling on my CE pretty early on. With Yelobird fix, it has been fairly rock solid since then, maybe a little more in other areas. I would get the playfield insurance on such a high dollar item…

#23066 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

He was talking about a CE. I would think it’s much more likely that someone would want to swap a playfield to get a perfect CE when there were only 500 made. Or, the insurance to be able to for just $600.
I had pooling on my CE pretty early on. With Yelobird fix, it has been fairly rock solid since then, maybe a little more in other areas. I would get the playfield insurance on such a high dollar item…

I am getting a set of playfields. Its a small price for a big part of peace of mind in the future, Especially with my particular game. I am hooked on my game and just finished a game with Beta 30 on it. Holy crap did they improve the "Its so easy" light show alot. I liked it before but now its High Energy lightshow just like when the band came on stage and started the concert with it. I wonder if there are more songs improved upon?
Gunners ain't never leaving!!!

#23067 1 year ago

Haven’t been in this thread for a while and not sure if this has been discussed or not.

Just curious, are a lot of you buying the back up playfield?

Thanks.

#23068 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

100% of me did.

#23069 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Should there be a code update, I have a suggestion that I think may be well received. I'm sharing here to see what others think. The code change would be relatively simple and boost the risk/reward elements and allow the player to decide how multiball heavy they want their songs:
1. During a song, when the lit green center scoop shot is successfully made, rather than adding a multiball right away, the player would have 5 seconds to press and hold the action button
2a. Choosing to press-hold the action button would give a 5-10 second ball save, and BOOST the song level by and extra +10 (or +10%), or another suitable amount BUT not add a multiball.
2b. Choosing to not press-hold the button within 5 seconds would have the game add another ball for to the multiball (after the 5 seconds were up).
Note, when there is one ball left, it would be similar, but quick pressing (but not holding) would collect the jackpot.
This allows the player to risk boosting the value of the jackpot with a higher song level OR play it safe and add more balls to play. What do others think?
Please thumb up if you like it, thumb down if you don't.

To anyone in the Beta or that knows Eric, could you please share this idea for consideration in the new code?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/461#post-7179061

#23070 1 year ago

Haven’t been in this thread for a while and not sure if this has been discussed or not.
Thanks.

How can I find out about the availability of the playfield... I was never contacted. Am I supposed to reach out to JJP?

#23071 1 year ago

Thanks.

Yes. They reached out and only had the CE main, they offered to sell that now or wait until both are in stock and ship both which is what I decided.

#23072 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

How can I find out about the availability of the playfield... I was never contacted. Am I supposed to reach out to JJP?

Yes. You need to reach out to them.

#23073 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yes. You need to reach out to them.

I’ve never reached out to them. Is there a specific email/ phone number? I figure time is of the essence at this point so any help would be greatly appreciated.

#23074 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I’ve never reached out to them. Is there a specific email/ phone number? I figure time is of the essence at this point so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I originally reach out to Ken - [email protected]
I was contacted by Doris - [email protected]
I think Martha is also supporting this effort - [email protected]

I would just write one email and put all three of them on it.

#23075 1 year ago

Great news about the code update, will be looking to pick up an LE if the modes are worth playing and scoring is more balanced.

#23076 1 year ago

Would like to believe this beta code for GNR isn't going to take as long as POTC before it's released as a general code update to the public.

#23077 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I originally reach out to Ken - [email protected]
I was contacted by Doris - [email protected]
I think Martha is also supporting this effort - [email protected]
I would just write one email and put all three of them on it.

Thanks thekaiser82 much appreciated!!!

#23078 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Would like to believe this beta code for GNR isn't going to take as long as POTC before it's released as a general code update to the public.

downloaded the new beta code last night via wifi in my gnr. took about 10 minutes

#23079 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes. They reached out and only had the CE main, they offered to sell that now or wait until both are in stock and ship both which is what I decided.

I stopped over yesterday to pick mine up, they had both. To be clear I was on the list.
I got a bonus since I was there in person.

Eric is awesome!

BDCF8FC5-D24E-4435-9CE8-2FC7DCE8B7C5 (resized).jpegBDCF8FC5-D24E-4435-9CE8-2FC7DCE8B7C5 (resized).jpeg
#23080 1 year ago

I stopped over yesterday to pick mine up, they had both.

I'm guessing the CE is the one with the wait.

#23081 1 year ago

I have a playfield NIB for sale in the market place, not sure what to price it at so make me an offer. Thanks

#23082 1 year ago

IMG_20221013_143357 (resized).jpgIMG_20221013_143357 (resized).jpgIMG_20221013_143315 (resized).jpgIMG_20221013_143315 (resized).jpgI've just received and setup my GNR LE, I'm the 2nd owner and it has about 100 plays. The cabinet decals are bubbled on both sides of the cab, around the backbox hinges. The artwork is fine but the clear plastic over the top is bubbling. Has anyone had to deal with this problem? Is there a fix other than fitting new decals?

IMG_20221013_143254 (resized).jpgIMG_20221013_143254 (resized).jpg

#23083 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Absolutely! The upper playfield and hotrail lightshow is what makes this game special. Don't cheap out, wait until you have the cash on hand, you'll regret the SE and spend time convincing yourself that you made a good choice because it is rarest of them all. There were only a handful made becasue it sucks that bad compared to the LE.
I might be wrong, but I think the SE was launched at a $8500 price tag. You can get a used stock LE for around $9500. So, if you are saving 2.5-3K on an SE then you might ask yourself 'Why are SEs priced so low?' Because they are the 'Rarest' or because they 'Suck'???

I paid 6800 for my NIB SE, delivered. IMO it’s better than the LE, I certainly miss it

#23084 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Great news about the code update, will be looking to pick up an LE if the modes are worth playing and scoring is more balanced.

Why wait? The settings are extensive and
Eskaybee posted some custom settings to help with getting closer to achieving what your asking for. The forthcoming code update will hopefully do even more!

#23085 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Had the same issue, you can adjust the gate, loosen both bolts and adjust it just a bit upward at the end. No issue here since.

Guys, I’m not following this solution, are you referring to the bolts on the underside of the play field? I’ve included a picture of that’s happening, any help I is appreciated.

A2345E17-0AA0-458C-A3EE-04E45B554703 (resized).jpegA2345E17-0AA0-458C-A3EE-04E45B554703 (resized).jpeg
#23086 1 year ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Guys, I’m not following this solution, are you referring to the bolts on the underside of the play field? I’ve included a picture of that’s happening, any help I is appreciated.
[quoted image]

I think this has been posted on several times if you wanna search the forum. Short version of what I did: tilt the ramp using washers under ramp on back left post. I think a couple more tweaks like bending the gate a little and trying to get the ramp closer to the sticks.

#23087 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

[quoted image][quoted image]I've just received and setup my GNR LE, I'm the 2nd owner and it has about 100 plays. The cabinet decals are bubbled on both sides of the cab, around the backbox hinges. The artwork is fine but the clear plastic over the top is bubbling. Has anyone had to deal with this problem? Is there a fix other than fitting new decals?
[quoted image]

Warm the area of the wrinkle up gently with a blowdryer and use a credit card to carefully smooth out the wrinkle by moving it to the edges of the decal with the edge of a credit card. You'll have to alternate moving and warming the next area ahead of where the wrinkle is moving until you get to the decal edge.

#23088 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Warm the area of the wrinkle up gently with a blowdryer and use a credit card to carefully flatten out the wrinkle by moving it to the edges with the edge of a credit card. You'll have to alternate moving and warming the next area ahead of where the wrinkle is moving until you get to the edge.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Is this common on the machine?

#23089 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Is this common on the machine?

I haven't seen it like yours, but it's not uncommon around the flipper buttons.

#23090 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So that would be never lol!

Sorry, I'm just a bit cynical when it comes to POTC ever getting a code update.

#23091 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

So that would be never lol!
Sorry, I'm just a bit cynical when it comes to POTC ever getting a code update.

I keep trying to get Karl DeAngelo to sell his jjPotC, because when he sells, new and significant code drops within a few weeks.

#23092 1 year ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

[quoted image]

Just loosen those 2 screws on the left of the gate, and re-adjust. There is some slack.

#23093 1 year ago

What's the current status with the magnet? It's been disabled from new on the machine I've just bought due to issues with magnets at the time this machine was new. Has code fixed the overheating issue since then or should I leave it disabled?

#23094 1 year ago

My left ramp diverter stopped working and I find that the coil has fried and the sleeve melted. Everything else works fine. What could have caused this? (I removed the coil stop after)

20221014_162011 (resized).jpg20221014_162011 (resized).jpg
#23095 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I’m selling one NIB if you want it… 499

#23096 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My left ramp diverter stopped working and I find that the coil has fried and the sleeve melted. Everything else works fine. What could have caused this? (I removed the coil stop after)
[quoted image]

The diverter runs very hot. It's been measured at 214 degrees within 2 hours of play. If you have the latest software, the temp should be less, but still around 186F with a couple hours of straight play.

The way the game is designed (there should have been a secondary coil to manage a lock holding the diverter down so the coil didn't have to stay energized for LONG periods of time) there's no way to bring the temp down without external cooling. I sell a cooling kit here on pinside and pinmonk.com that cools the magnet and diverter. Peak temp with the cooling kit installed is 86F.

That said, this failure on yours may have also taken out the transistor that drives the coil on the power board in the head, so before you put a new coil on, I would test the transistor to make sure it's not shorted open.

Quoted from Kevlar:

What's the current status with the magnet? It's been disabled from new on the machine I've just bought due to issues with magnets at the time this machine was new. Has code fixed the overheating issue since then or should I leave it disabled?

The newest software is better, but can still overwork temps so the thermal switch they're using fails and it kills power to the magnet permanently until the switch is replaced. Removing the thermal switch and running the game without it is dangerous, IMO, so external cooling is the only good solution.

#23097 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

[quoted image]

Get pinmonk cooler. It's a poor design. It's on way too much. I'm not surprised.

#23098 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

may have also taken out the transistor that drives the coil on the power board in the head,

On the I/O board it is transistor Q338.

There is board layout in manuals prior to GNR, you could download one from the jjp website if you need help locating it on the board. It is numbered on the I/O board. In the Willy Wonka manual it is on page D-64, upper right side below J107.

If you see jack at Expo, tell him to get LTG : ) Back

#23099 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The diverter runs very hot. It's been measured at 214 degrees within 2 hours of play. If you have the latest software, the temp should be less, but still around 186F with a couple hours of straight play.
The way the game is designed (there should have been a secondary coil to manage a lock holding the diverter down so the coil didn't have to stay energized for LONG periods of time) there's no way to bring the temp down without external cooling. I sell a cooling kit here on pinside and pinmonk.com that cools the magnet and diverter. Peak temp with the cooling kit installed is 86F.
That said, this failure on yours may have also taken out the transistor that drives the coil on the power board in the head, so before you put a new coil on, I would test the transistor to make sure it's not shorted open.

The newest software is better, but can still overwork temps so the thermal switch they're using fails and it kills power to the magnet permanently until the switch is replaced. Removing the thermal switch and running the game without it is dangerous, IMO, so external cooling is the only good solution.

I'm late to the game so I'm sure this has all been said before but how the fuck did it make it out of the factory like this? did they not play the game for more than 20 minutes? ridiculous.

#23100 1 year ago

^^^ ref this magnet.
Is there a fix / replace hardware from JJP?
My game is still under warranty period

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 462 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/462?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.