IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 461 of 568.
#23001 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Is the light bar colors and upper playfield worth 2.5-3k?

Absolutely! The upper playfield and hotrail lightshow is what makes this game special. Don't cheap out, wait until you have the cash on hand, you'll regret the SE and spend time convincing yourself that you made a good choice because it is rarest of them all. There were only a handful made becasue it sucks that bad compared to the LE.

I might be wrong, but I think the SE was launched at a $8500 price tag. You can get a used stock LE for around $9500. So, if you are saving 2.5-3K on an SE then you might ask yourself 'Why are SEs priced so low?' Because they are the 'Rarest' or because they 'Suck'???

#23002 1 year ago

Hell it was so bad that JJP gave up the SE model completely.... (Slightly embellished, but TS4 is proof)

#23003 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Absolutely! The upper playfield and hotrail lightshow is what makes this game special. Don't cheap out, wait until you have the cash on hand, you'll regret the SE and spend time convincing yourself that you made a good choice because it is rarest of them all. There were only a handful made becasue it sucks that bad compared to the LE.
I might be wrong, but I think the SE was launched at a $8500 price tag. You can get a used stock LE for around $9500. So, if you are saving 2.5-3K on an SE then you might ask yourself 'Why are SEs priced so low?' Because they are the 'Rarest' or because they 'Suck'???

The SE was launched at a $6750 price tag. Hard to believe how much prices have risen in 2 years.

Screenshot_20221005-210652_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221005-210652_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23004 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The SE was launched at a $6750 price tag. Hard to believe how much prices have risen in 2 years

No kidding, pricing has been crazy lately. If one can muster up 7K for a pin then putting an extra 2-2.5K on top for a superior version shouldn't be that difficult and IMO would be the way to go. Nothing beats the rush of a 6-ball power chord!

#23005 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Plus, all the SEs are pretty much guaranteed to have trash playfields. They didn't seem to get their heads outta their butts till after the SEs weren't even being produced any longer.

Quoted from Vespula:

YES. Don't forget the cabinet. LE the best of all three IMO.

When the game was first announced, the LE cab art had me flabbergasted by its beauty.

#23006 1 year ago

"When the game was first announced, the LE cab art had me flabbergasted by its beauty."

For me it still has.

#23007 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

When the game was first announced, the LE cab art had me flabbergasted by its beauty.

For me it still has

#23008 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

No kidding, pricing has been crazy lately. If one can muster up 7K for a pin then putting an extra 2-2.5K on top for a superior version shouldn't be that difficult and IMO would be the way to go. Nothing beats the rush of a 6-ball power chord!

No upper playfield. Can't imagine doing without The bass ramp on SE either, what? no vuk, no spinners and dropping in the selectable inlanes from the bass ramp?

no 4th flipper on the upper pf, no way! ... Missing out to tag the lights Multiball target a few times to start the Multiball and then skillfully (or not) try to use the 4th flipper to grab the rebound and send ball down the guitar neck for a lock.

I know they have changed the game design to accommodate and include alternate methods for these missing components but it's not the true game. The SE seemed a little faster on the play speed but it's not of any benefit.

If I HAD to burn 6k on pinball right this second, I'd buy a nib Rush pro from Stern.

#23009 1 year ago

Anyone know where to get the disc decals from and available or delivery available to Canada? Disc loosened off need too loctite the nut or screw under the disc I think to stop from backing off, first time noticed it loose and wobbly

Thanks

#23010 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Anyone know where to get the disc decals from and available or delivery available to Canada? Disc loosened off need too loctite the nut or screw under the disc I think to stop from backing off, first time noticed it loose and wobbly
Thanks

i opened a ticket and ordered direct from JJP. they replied in minutes .

#23011 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

How long did it last? ( LastCall420 ls1chris )

Thinking it might be a good idea to just grab a spare.

#23012 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hell it was so bad that JJP gave up the SE model completely.... (Slightly embellished, but TS4 is proof)

Why is TS4 proof?
(Legit question, I haven't followed TS4 much ...)

#23013 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Tried to order from JJP a few months ago. Wanted the stickers, TShirt, etc...

They dont ship to Canada.

Ordered them through Nitro. They have them in stock.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-accessories/products/in-stock?_pos=1&_sid=ab417447a&_ss=r

Might as well order the snubber blocks as well as you will need them.

Small addition to the order.

https://nitropinball.com/products/snubber-block-in-stock

#23014 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Why is TS4 proof?
(Legit question, I haven't followed TS4 much ...)

They released only le and ce. I took some liberties in my statement because I'm sure it's a business decision but the fact remains only two models for TS4 and I expect all their future releases to be the same. Makes sense. Gnr is most likely the last JJP title to sport an SE in the lineup.

#23015 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Had my machine about 7 months just noticed one day was wobbling

#23016 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I did the same, and asked if they could do a Goonies pinball next lol dream game for me

#23017 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They released only le and ce. I took some liberties in my statement because I'm sure it's a business decision but the fact remains only two models for TS4 and I expect all their future releases to be the same. Makes sense. Gnr is most likely the last JJP title to sport an SE in the lineup.

If you ask me, they released an SE and SE plus and named them wrong for toy story. :/

#23018 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

mine is good still, other issues ( bad switch on ramp behind slash hat, one of the NITL speakers was ruined from shipping) i want a set so i dont have to try to find them 10 years from now and they are unobtainium.

#23019 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

I did the same, and asked if they could do a Goonies pinball next lol dream game for me

get him to the greek for me.

#23020 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If you ask me, they released an SE and SE plus and named them wrong for toy story. :/

I knew I was lining someone up by saying that. I just got to play the TS4 LE on location. I really enjoyed it and think everyone [on pinside] is being hard on it. It fits in a wholesome family game room every day of the week.

#23021 1 year ago

What’s the recommended way to hit the “make some noise” shot under the upper right flipper?

It doesn’t seem possible to backhand w/right lower flipper.

Using the left flipper is very hard too. Obviously you hold the right flipper to open up the area. But still seems quite challenging.

I haven’t found an approach that I’m anywhere close to having reasonable success.

#23022 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

What’s the recommended way to hit the “make some noise” shot under the upper right flipper?
It doesn’t seem possible to backhand w/right lower flipper.
Using the left flipper is very hard too. Obviously you hold the right flipper to open up the area. But still seems quite challenging.
I haven’t found an approach that I’m anywhere close to having reasonable success.

Karl DeAngelo demonstrated one way to get it with a backhand. Possibly difficult for mortals to pull off (this clip is bookmarked to start at the part where he does it).

#23023 1 year ago

Impressive

#23024 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Karl DeAngelo demonstrated one way to get it with a backhand. Possibly difficult for mortals to pull off (this clip is bookmarked to start at the part where he does it).

That's usually the only way I get it in there, I'm immortal

#23025 1 year ago

I use the two-cradled-backflip to hit that shot too, and also the factory target in Wonka to get AddABall when green.

#23026 1 year ago

Thanks everyone.

Looks like the 2-ball cradled backflip is the approved answer. I hadn't attempted that (and it seems the shot is, perhaps, overly challenging if that's needed!).

Looking forward to giving it a "shot".

#23027 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks everyone.
Looks like the 2-ball cradled backflip is the approved answer. I hadn't attempted that (and it seems the shot is, perhaps, overly challenging if that's needed!).

You can do it from the left flipper, but the timing of the left and right flipper (to open the shot, then close it as the ball passes) has to be really exact.

#23028 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

That number does seem small.
On the other hand, when GNR LE was nowhere to be found for close to a year, the SE wasn't hard to find (at least around me). That may support the ~250 number.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hold on....
250 were made?
Seriously? That's it? No way ....
Shit I'm keeping mine then!

It's what Ken Cromwell told me at Expo last year. They discontinued them because the value proposition of an LE and how many were sold wasn't worth the cost of making a simpler game. Any of the standard models of any title are an ultra rare game.

When I asked if they were nearly at 5,000 LE units made it was roughly in the high 4,000 so he surmised as did I they could make a full 5,000. Probably why they had a mini production run of the LE models right before Toy Story 4 started fully on the line. Just finish the full 5,000 and store them for future buyers.

#23029 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks everyone.

Good discussion. I'm going to try getting this shot more intentionally now. I do hit it unintentionally when I've got other Multiballs going.

#23030 1 year ago

Does anybody have a spare LE playfield they could take a pic of? I got this with the SE but if I upgrade to the LE I was going to keep it if it would work for the LE.

75C49780-903E-4CB2-A41A-EF0344EAA9AB (resized).jpeg75C49780-903E-4CB2-A41A-EF0344EAA9AB (resized).jpeg
#23031 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Does anybody have a spare LE playfield they could take a pic of? I got this with the SE but if I upgrade to the LE I was going to keep it if it would work for the LE.
[quoted image]

I am pretty sure SE and LE used the same playfield. Only CE was different.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

#23032 1 year ago

Should there be a code update, I have a suggestion that I think may be well received. I'm sharing here to see what others think. The code change would be relatively simple and boost the risk/reward elements and allow the player to decide how multiball heavy they want their songs:

1. During a song, when the lit green center scoop shot is successfully made, rather than adding a multiball right away, the player would have 5 seconds to press and hold the action button

2a. Choosing to press-hold the action button would give a 5-10 second ball save, and BOOST the song level by and extra +10 (or +10%), or another suitable amount BUT not add a multiball.

2b. Choosing to not press-hold the button within 5 seconds would have the game add another ball for to the multiball (after the 5 seconds were up).

Note, when there is one ball left, it would be similar, but quick pressing (but not holding) would collect the jackpot.

This allows the player to risk boosting the value of the jackpot with a higher song level OR play it safe and add more balls to play. What do others think?

Please thumb up if you like it, thumb down if you don't.

#23033 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Should there be a code update, I have a suggestion that I think may be well received. I'm sharing here to see what others think. The code change would be relatively simple and boost the risk/reward elements and allow the player to decide how multiball heavy they want their songs:
1. During a song, when the lit green center scoop shot is successfully made, rather than adding a multiball right away, the player would have 5 seconds to press and hold the action button
2a. Choosing to press-hold the action button would give a 5-10 second ball save, and BOOST the song level by and extra +10 (or +10%), or another suitable amount BUT not add a multiball.
2b. Choosing to not press-hold the button within 5 seconds would have the game add another ball for to the multiball.
Note, when there is one ball left, it would be similar, but quick pressing (but not holding) would collect the jackpot.
This allows the player to risk boosting the value of the jackpot with a higher song level OR play it safe and add more balls to play. What do others think?
Please thumb up if you like it, thumb down if you don't.

I actually really like this. A lot

#23034 1 year ago

I would love a code update to introduce another mode when you hit all standup 1x or 2x. As it is now I can care less what album sales go up by.

Sucked that we are at 1.2x or whatever it is and wanting more depth. Or maybe it’s just me. The game is very good but has so much potential

#23035 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

This is an interesting argument, however you have to look at what you get for the price, mid 6s vs mid 9s. Is the light bar colors and upper playfield worth 2.5-3k? I see people argue both ways.

I own an LE and played an SE on location. They are miles apart in terms of gameplay and experience. Save up for the LE.

#23036 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I own an LE and played an SE on location. They are miles apart in terms of gameplay and experience. Save up for the LE.

Thanks all. Deal fell through so I’m on the search for a reasonable LE.

#23037 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Thanks all. Deal fell through so I’m on the search for a reasonable LE.

#3652 nib, below release price(9500, now 11k), 611 miles away, likely a distro.
Grab it. You won't regret it, and I don't think you will ever lose any significant money on this deal (if at all) either if you choose to resell someday..

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “GnR LE Floor model, may have a couple of hundred plays, probably not even. As New last unit. March 2022 manufacture date so all known issues are addressed.”
2022-11-16
Dacula, GA
8,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 3283 times

#23038 1 year ago

I have a full set of Lior’s GNR mods available; never been installed, all still in the boxes as shipped with the bonus bottle openers, custom bags and a a light-up LSOG sign.

Skull shooter plate
Bullet shooter rod
Action button plate
Backboard speaker kit
Pop bumper drum kit

Full set runs $1,350 at Little Shop of Games - shoot me a PM with offer or questions; I’ll get some pics later today while screaming at the Vikings offense.

#23039 1 year ago

JJP just reached out to see if I still want a replacement/spare CE playfield and I’m torn. I put myself on the waitlist over a year ago. Maybe two?

Main Playfield = $499.00 each
Upper Playfield = $119.00 each
Total = $618.00 each set plus shipping

They have the main playfield in stock. Upper by the end of the year.

My playfield has been holding up reasonably well. I would not do a PF swap in its current state. Way too much effort. But I’m toying with the idea of storing the spare as insurance. I’ve never sold a pin with a spare PF before. Will buyers find value in that? I have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I’m curious what the collective wisdom of the forum thinks…

#23040 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

JJP just reached out to see if I still want a replacement/spare CE playfield and I’m torn. I put myself on the waitlist over a year ago. Maybe two?
My playfield has been holding up reasonably well. I would not do a PF swap in its current state. Way too much effort. But I’m toying with the idea of storing the spare as insurance. I’ve never sold a pin with a spare PF before. Will buyers find value in that? I have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I’m curious what the collective wisdom of the forum thinks…

Think of it this way:

- It's cheaper than retail - a nice compromise by JJP
- When they are gone, they are gone - this is the one chance to do it
- Yes absolutely the ability to restore the machine to new condition brings value

#23041 1 year ago

My playfield has held up great with no issues. But I still grabbed an extra playfield set and a plastics set and a few other extras so if for some reason this game ever needs fully restored, it can be done much easier with those parts in hand. Whether I'll ever need them or not made little difference in my decision. It was because I could, more than anything. I also thought about my 90's games and how infrequently I see playfields become available for those.

#23042 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I did it. And in the meantime, it makes a nice wall art/conversation piece for a home game room.

#23043 1 year ago

Just played a few games and had a couple new ones... Both in the same game too!

1st, I completed desert demolition for the first time... Usually skipped, but decided I wasn't skipping anymore. How's a guy gonna get good at them skipping them all the time?
Someone asked once if flippers die after... No, they don't.

2nd, had the extra ball lit, and Multiballs going also... I shot one up the middle and the magnet grabbed it and held... right after I flipped another left orbit and flipped another right orbit and they both stuck to the first ball and settled in a triangle... The magnet discharged and all three went down the X Lane... Wish I could say the orbits were intentional. Unfortunately, I only got 1 extra ball.

There's something for you ballers to try and replicate !

#23044 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Think of it this way:
- It's cheaper than retail - a nice compromise by JJP
- When they are gone, they are gone - this is the one chance to do it
- Yes absolutely the ability to restore the machine to new condition brings value

Compromise, lol

It's a Kick in the guts mate !

Have to pay to replace a defective product from new !

What a Rip Off !

#23045 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The value of this game is WAY down. If there isn’t a big time code update the LE is at best a $9,000 game used. I doubt anyone will pay you an extra $600 because you have an extra playfield. That is because 99% of people are not going to swap playfields. I think you are throwing good money after bad, for lack of a better term

#23046 1 year ago

Just installed Beta 30

Had Special option turned on in game with award for an extra ball

This just started working for me on this update with the right outlane light lit...hadn't worked before

#23047 1 year ago

Also just noticed a bunch more callouts referencing where to shoot during song mode as well as some added sounds to band frenzy and descriptions of that mode once activated

#23048 1 year ago

Last one for now, just on ball 1 and noticed the Song Value for starting Nightrain was 140 before starting the song and I'm at 21 million with 2 balls to go. Definitely some score tweaking has been going on

#23049 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The value of this game is WAY down. If there isn’t a big time code update the LE is at best a $9,000 game used. I doubt anyone will pay you an extra $600 because you have an extra playfield.

But what happens when that update comes and there are no more half price playfields? What then? You can't go back in time to pick one up at that price.

I've sold pins with spare playfields. On expensive pins with known PF problems people are happy to have the peace of mind that it's there IF they need it, and realistically, you're talking a little more than 5% of the value of the machine. It's not a huge spend.

And, like I said before, it's a pretty cool conversation piece/art for a gameroom.

#23050 1 year ago

Okay...something is up...just blew this game up with a GC and won Desert Demolition for the first time as well all after Update Beta 30

20221010_182441 (resized).jpg20221010_182441 (resized).jpg20221010_182446 (resized).jpg20221010_182446 (resized).jpg20221010_182708 (resized).jpg20221010_182708 (resized).jpg20221010_182651 (resized).jpg20221010_182651 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 461 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/461?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.