image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 460 of 568.
#22951 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Are these the wires that need to be unplugged?

No. Right inside the coin door. See the black plastic tube with coin door wires ? ( coin door harness ) Follow that to the first connector you come to. That is the connector you want.

LTG : )

DSC00733 (resized).JPGDSC00733 (resized).JPG
#22952 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the black plastic tube with coin door wires ? ( coin door harness ) Follow that to the first connector you come to.

I think it's the one circled in yellow. Again, follow the black plastic tube with the wires.

DSC00733 (resized).JPGDSC00733 (resized).JPG
#22953 1 year ago

Found this wire that is bundled with the left flipper wires.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#22954 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Need some assistance please. When I turn the game on everything loads properly. When the main screen comes on the coin door is open message is on the screen. The coin door is shut. If I open it with the game on nothing happens. The menu buttons on the inside of the coin door do not work. The interlock switch does nothing when I pull it out or push it in. The start button enters and exits the menu. Any troubleshooting help is much appreciated.

Check the USB connections on the board on the inside left of the cabinet by the coin door. They can wiggle loose and it affects at least some of the things you're talking about. If that doesn't do it, ALSO check the USB connectors behind the monitor going to the computer box in the head.

I'll say it again - JJP should be using locking USB connectors. They're commonly available and would solve this very common issue.

#22955 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Found this wire that is bundled with the left flipper wires.

Extra, not your problem.

#22956 1 year ago

Hello GNR fans, having small problem and looking for some help. The right post on the guitar lock is not raising up like it should the left one works fine. Any suggestions on what to look for or how to fix this issue much appreciated Thank You in advance

#22957 1 year ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Any suggestions on what to look for

Does it move up and down freely ? If not check if it needs cleaning. Binding on anything going up or down. Anything loose or broken ?

#22958 1 year ago

Hi Lloyd thank you I have not taken glass off yet will go see if this is the case, Thanks again.

#22959 1 year ago

Believe i have found the problem there is a nut on the bottom side of each post . the post that is not working the nut has run its way down the bolt. so much for the lock washer.

#22960 1 year ago

A bit perplexed by this one, but the left guitar lock does not seem to be working properly. The game recognizes the ball in the lock, cycles through the drumroll effect but the gate never drops to release the ball until the game goes into search mode. The right side works fine and both locks fire fine in test mode. I’ve recalibrated and tested everything and all seems fine but just doesn’t function properly during gameplay. Any thoughts on what to check next?!

#22961 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

A bit perplexed by this one, but the left guitar lock does not seem to be working properly. The game recognizes the ball in the lock, cycles through the drumroll effect but the gate never drops to release the ball until the game goes into search mode. The right side works fine and both locks fire fine in test mode. I’ve recalibrated and tested everything and all seems fine but just doesn’t function properly during gameplay. Any thoughts on what to check next?!

Does the pin drop in device test? Balls magnetized and stuck to rail?

#22962 1 year ago

Don’t tighten posts with crazy tourqe, that leads to pooling.

Quoted from simpswho:

Believe i have found the problem there is a nut on the bottom side of each post . the post that is not working the nut has run its way down the bolt. so much for the lock washer.

#22963 1 year ago

Just noticed tonight that our back left spotlight no longer moves up/down (just left/right). What is the recommended fix for this, or does it require full replacement?

#22964 1 year ago

Hello all, was wondering if someone could let me know how the magnet is supposed to act. Sometimes I shoot the loop and it grabs the balls other times not. Read all the issues with the thermal switch and just wanted to know if my magnet is working intermittently or acting how it is supposed to.

#22965 1 year ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Just noticed tonight that our back left spotlight no longer moves up/down (just left/right). What is the recommended fix for this, or does it require full replacement?

Check the connections, but if not that the servo is likely burned out. Replace. There are links in the topic index for this thread (at the top of any page in it) to better replacement servos than stock.

#22966 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hello all, was wondering if someone could let me know how the magnet is supposed to act. Sometimes I shoot the loop and it grabs the balls other times not. Read all the issues with the thermal switch and just wanted to know if my magnet is working intermittently or acting how it is supposed to.

If you spell A-X-L or collect the rose/gun combo, no more magnet grabs. I avoid those in play because I like the magnet.

One test if it NEVER grabs, A-X-L or not, is with the glass off, get EXTRA BALL LIT and then roll the ball up backwards through the middle lane at the top (when the arrow is lit), and it should grab the ball and give you the animation. If you get the animation with no grab, the thermal switch is probably out.

Other than that, the thermal switch may have blown. The magnet gets very hot without active cooling.

#22967 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you spell A-X-L or collect the rose/gun combo, no more magnet grabs. I avoid those in play because I like the magnet.
One test if it NEVER grabs, A-X-L or not, is with the glass off, get EXTRA BALL LIT and then roll the ball up backwards through the middle lane at the top (when the arrow is lit), and it should grab the ball and give you the animation. If you get the animation with no grab, the thermal switch is probably out.
Other than that, the thermal switch may have blown. The magnet gets very hot without active cooling.

Thank you! I believe it is working properly then. It does grab the ball usually my first pass through the orbits but after that I usually have AXL spelt. Onetime tonight it didn’t grab it and AXL wasn’t spelt but I did have the gun patch. Thanks for the info.

#22968 1 year ago

Man, glad im out. my CE gone.

Nothing but drama with jjp.

It's a shame because the game is truly awesome.

GLTAH

#22969 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

GLTAH

A shame to hear , hopefully you made a nice profit on it .

#22970 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

F*ck me once but
Never again jjp
GLTAH

What happened? What drama did I miss? Sorry you're gone, the game is still effing awesome.

#22971 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

I would love to somehow turn off the over generous multiball! I hate playing the game and getting multi ball in less than a minute.

Jesus, man. You need them to make song values worth a shit. Sounds like you're not aware how/why they start. Make them take more hits to start, if you really feel that way.

#22972 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Jesus, man. You need them to make song values worth a shit. Sounds like you're not aware how/why they start. Make them take more hits to start, if you really feel that way.

I think people don't realise how many game settings there are , and you can pretty much have the game setup how you would like it to play .

#22973 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

F*ck me once but
Never again jjp
GLTAH

Moment of silence.

Sorry for your loss.
That just sucks.

#22974 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does the pin drop in device test? Balls magnetized and stuck to rail?

Yes, everything works in test mode, just not during gameplay. I’ll check the balls but they don’t seem to be sticking anywhere.

#22975 1 year ago

Im pretty sure they said Summer 2022...

Quoted from twinturb089:

Me too. I just started collecting again after 10 years. Bought a woz 3 months ago and now this……..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Im coming to YOUR House for mixed drinks...
IMPRESSIVE.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22976 1 year ago

Yeah, his liquor collection is just as impressive as getting all those machines on just a $30K budget!!

#22977 1 year ago
Quoted from Who_Scott:

Yeah, his liquor collection is just as impressive as getting all those machines on just a $30K budget!!

Thank god my wife doesn't know of these forums to see what they realllllllllly cost ! Oh the liquor collection, well you see.... when covid started, i started getting into bourbon. 2 months later i had 150 different bottles of bourbon. last year i was into tequila, so that collection was already covered ! lol

#22978 1 year ago

Hilarious...next time in up in the Philly area (next month) I'll have to give you a ring!

#22979 1 year ago
Quoted from Who_Scott:

Hilarious...next time in up in the Philly area (next month) I'll have to give you a ring!

Always welcome a fellow pinsider ! but we never talk,pinball, bourbon or rolex prices in my home ! kinda like fight club !

#22980 1 year ago

Fully Understood!

#22981 1 year ago

Late to the party, but my LE (#3604) was just delivered today. Got her all set up and she's a gorgeous addition to the collection! Now to spend time scrolling the forum to learn any tips and tricks from y'all. Cheers!

#22982 1 year ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Late to the party, but my LE (#3604) was just delivered today. Got her all set up and she's a gorgeous addition to the collection! Now to spend time scrolling the forum to learn any tips and tricks from y'all. Cheers!

First jjp in a nice collection... Look forward to hearing your journey and perspective!

#22983 1 year ago

I know I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I can’t stop hitting that start button over and over. Absolutely loving this. Gonna hopefully play my buddy’s LE again soon now that I understand the rules more and layout. Gonna do a comparison and see if I should upgrade to the LE. The LE originally is what I wanted but this SE kind of fell into my lap.

#22984 1 year ago

I’m sure this is in the thread somewhere,just confirming this is a big or normal the flippers die after demolition derby?

#22985 1 year ago

Rumor that a code update coming next week. Hoping for something big

#22986 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Rumor that a code update coming next week. Hoping for something big

Hoping Karl DeAngelo sells his GnR by then so we can all get the jumbo code update we deserve.

#22987 1 year ago

I'm looking to buy a used GNR and I was told the games played audit gets wiped out after a code update, which was just performed. Can someone confirm this is true? This is not the case on Sterns and this would be my first JJP. Thanks in advance!

#22988 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I'm looking to buy a used GNR and I was told the games played audit gets wiped out after a code update, which was just performed. Can someone confirm this is true? This is not the case on Sterns and this would be my first JJP. Thanks in advance!

I think it's kept with delta (incremental) updates, but if you do a full install, it's wiped. JJP games have both types, although some are mandatory full installs.

For GnR really the only thing that matters is inspecting the areas around the posts near the rollovers and inlanes for chipping and pooling. It was a serious problem the first year they were made. Also the sensor boards working properly on the guitar neck locking the balls and the skillshot indicators above the shooter lane. Other problems are the spotlights not moving correctly, but that's a relatively cheap/easy fix.

#22989 1 year ago

So it finally happened to me....Bought a late Build 2021 LE NIB and just noticed my playfield pooling underneath the inner loop post by the Jam Target. Went to install a washer and the artwork completely chipped off leaving a nice 3/4" bare playfield when I unscrewed the post. Luckily the plastic washer completely covers it so it shouldn't spread. I suspect that it was tightened down to tightly at the plant. I play my games and do expect them to wear over time, but damn I haven't even had this one year. Oh well, shit happens I guess.

#22990 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So it finally happened to me....Bought a late Build 2021 LE NIB and just noticed my playfield pooling underneath the inner loop post by the Jam Target. Went to install a washer and the artwork completely chipped off leaving a nice 3/4" bare playfield when I unscrewed the post. Luckily the plastic washer completely covers it so it shouldn't spread. I suspect that it was tightened down to tightly at the plant. Oh well, shit happens I guess.

Did you get in on the half-price spare playfield sets? Good insurance to have for the future.

#22991 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get in on the half-price spare playfield sets? Good insurance to have for the future.

No i didn't. I wouldn't even think of attempting to do a playfield swap - way out of my league. Plus I shouldn't have to buy a spare playfield after spending 10,000+ on this game. I'll just accept the reality and go with the flow.

#22992 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

No i didn't. I wouldn't even think of attempting to do a playfield swap - way out of my league. Plus I I shouldn't have to buy a spare playfield after spending 10,000+ on this game. I'll just accept the reality and go with the flow.

It also preserves the value if you sell it down the road since it would cost someone that wants to fix it 2x-3x more (depending on how far in the future) to buy the playfields later, IF they're even available a decade from now.

It also makes cool wall art in the interim.

#22993 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's kept with delta (incremental) updates, but if you do a full install, it's wiped. JJP games have both types, although some are mandatory full installs.
For GnR really the only thing that matters is inspecting the areas around the posts near the rollovers and inlanes for chipping and pooling. It was a serious problem the first year they were made. Also the sensor boards working properly on the guitar neck locking the balls and the skillshot indicators above the shooter lane. Other problems are the spotlights not moving correctly, but that's a relatively cheap/easy fix.

I'm looking at a SE so some of this isn't an issue. This one has a washer installed and I was told no chipping to date. I will check for pooling once I see it in person.

#22994 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I'm looking at a SE so some of this isn't an issue. This one has a washer installed and I was told no chipping to date. I will check for pooling once I see it in person.

Get the LE. Seriously. White hotrails and no upper playfield is a SUBSTANTIALLY inferior game. The experience is vastly reduced. There's a reason JJP sold almost no SEs.

#22995 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get the LE. Seriously. White hotrails and no upper playfield is a SUBSTANTIALLY inferior game. The experience is vastly reduced. There's a reason JJP sold almost no SEs.

Understood and noted. I am trading a stern pro on it, don't have cash on hand and have a 3 game limit in my game room. I could wait it out, but with perceived value of JJP going up with price hikes, I haven't sniffed a GNR LE for under $9k. This is an interesting argument, however you have to look at what you get for the price, mid 6s vs mid 9s. Is the light bar colors and upper playfield worth 2.5-3k? I see people argue both ways.

#22996 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Understood and noted. I am trading a stern pro on it, don't have cash on hand and have a 3 game limit in my game room. I could wait it out, but with perceived value of JJP going up with price hikes, I haven't sniffed a GNR LE for under $9k. This is an interesting argument, however you have to look at what you get for the price, mid 6s vs mid 9s. Is the light bar colors and upper playfield worth 2.5-3k? I see people argue both ways.

The only ones arguing it isn't are the ones that got an SE. Used GnR LEs are drifting down in price, although that will reverse if the code update coming soon is large. I'd wait for an LE to happen rather than make a mistake with an SE that doesn't deliver the experience and maybe hard to unload.

#22997 1 year ago

Everything I’ve seen in the beta telegram would lead me to suggest not getting hopes high for massive gameplay upgrades.

Lots of big changes under the hood, an equalizer, small tweaks (such as not having dup songs listed in settings), but nothing earth shattering in the betas so far.

#22998 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:It also preserves the value if you sell it down the road since it would cost someone that wants to fix it 2x-3x more (depending on how far in the future) to buy the playfields later, IF they're even available a decade from now.
It also makes cool wall art in the interim.

I just got an SE and the deal included a spare playfield. Do the the LE and SE share the same playfield? Also the game came with one of your keychains haha.

#22999 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I just got an SE and the deal included a spare playfield. Do the the LE and SE share the same playfield? Also the game came with one of your keychains haha.

I'm not sure if the SE and LE have the same lower playfield or if the art is different...

Those keychains are taking over the world!

#23000 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

This is an interesting argument, however you have to look at what you get for the price, mid 6s vs mid 9s. Is the light bar colors and upper playfield worth 2.5-3k? I see people argue both ways.

YES. Don't forget the cabinet. LE the best of all three IMO. I wouldn't pass on a CE by any means but SE is last place in everything except rarity.. rumor is 250 exist. You can get used to an SE for sure for what that's worth. It's not the worst decision.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 460 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/460?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.