IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 562.
#2201 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

If it makes anyone feel better -- I'm maybe 125 + games into my LE (I've had it for less than 2 weeks) - and so far the playfield looks fantastic - no pooling, no chips, a fraction of the dimples that my Monster Bash LE had in it's first week - with fewer games (not a knock against Chicago - I love that machine too!)
I can't imagine I'm in the minority on a quality playfield.
I'm spectulating there may have been a small batch perhaps not cured properly? But I wouldn't worry about it guys - just enjoy it when you get it (or just cancel your order, or give your place up to someone who wants the LE now.)
You'll be so busy being dazzled by the sheer technical achievement this machine represents for JJP - you'll not worry about all the minor imperfections if yours has any.

Really glad it’s worked out for you, sincerely... that’s great news
Cancelling orders is not possible for some.
In UK we had to put down a 1k non refundable deposit, as I did before this drama all kicked off.
I’ve written an initial correspondence to my Distro informing of my concerns and assurances sought.
Minor imperfections I can handle all day long, as I can electro-mechanical ones.
Playfield issues or anything considered a ‘Heath Robinson’ fix are however a different matter on a near 10k item.
I’ll let nature take its course and await JJP to come good as I await my LE, but worse case scenario, I won’t be the one left up sh^t creek without a paddle. In UK we have something called the Consumer Goods Act 2015 + Section 75, so if chipping ensues with no proper satisfaction then someone’s going to be very unhappy.

#2202 3 years ago

When did you order though? Day 1?

Quoted from Bmanpin:

Not from that company but my distributor in MN is new and smaller and they told me today Feb-March delivery. He said he just spoke with JJP today

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yeah, I’m assuming games rolling off the line right now aren’t being delivered next Feb or Mar. Don’t even know if I buy that timeline for games ordered today. JJP is anything but efficient building games if going by past experience.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Day 2...they are a very small distro though and new to JJP.

#2205 3 years ago

coil stop just flew off the right flipper. When I try to screw it back on the flipper mech becomes sticky/has too much resistance to move.. What am I doing wrong?

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

coil stop just flew off the right flipper. When I try to screw it back on the flipper mech becomes sticky/has too much resistance to move.. What am I doing wrong?

Coil stops don't screw on, not any ive ever seen. You need a new one

Edit, I misunderstood. Thought you meant the button on the coil stop flew off, not the whole thing....lol.

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would review this video first, it will help you understand everything there is to know about flippers

#2208 3 years ago
A4E53945-B20B-43AB-BBA7-F2E1C74F8F12 (resized).jpegA4E53945-B20B-43AB-BBA7-F2E1C74F8F12 (resized).jpeg
#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

[quoted image]

Should be two nuts holding it on from the back. Anything in the cabinet? The manual is online to verify. OR, call #LTG he is usually working till midnight every night.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should be two nuts holding it on from the back. Anything in the cabinet? The manual is online to verify. OR, call #LTG he is usually working till midnight every night.

i have the nuts, when I put it back there is just a lot of resistance when I move the flipper, like its not alinged properly.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Should be two nuts holding it on from the back.

The flipper base plate should have where these screw into threaded.

LTG : )

#2212 3 years ago

Question for owners:
How’s the upper right flipper shots been for you guys. This is one of my biggest concerns on gameplay as I haven’t had much luck looping shots on the location game I play, much less even making the shot. Have you had more success on your home game and/or make any adjustments to that flipper?

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

i have the nuts, when I put it back there is just a lot of resistance when I move the flipper, like its not alinged properly.

See the picture. If these broke off of your flipper base plate. Get a new one. Trying to put nuts on there is part of your alignment problem.

DSC00376 (resized).JPGDSC00376 (resized).JPGDSC00377 (resized).JPGDSC00377 (resized).JPG
#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Coil stops don't screw on, not any ive ever seen.

2 allen head screws ( 5/32nds ) and one lock washer on each one, hold the coil stop to the flipper base plate.

Now you've seen one.

coilstop (resized).jpgcoilstop (resized).jpg
#2215 3 years ago

solved it, my flipper bat was a little low so it was not aligned when the coil stop was fully screwed in, video helped! thanks

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

solved it, my flipper bat was a little low so it was not aligned when the coil stop was fully screwed in, video helped! thanks

Awesome. I would still call #LTG just before midnight just in case!! Lol

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Excellent. If the threaded nuts were still fixed into the flipper base plate, that would have been my next suggestion if it was binding. Glad you figured it out.

I use a 10 inch long allen wrench to torque those in. ( with the lock washer if you found them )

#2218 3 years ago

first impressions after my first handful of games

flow is awesome, this is the biggest surprise to me. Videos make this game look clunky but its an awesome shooter. That left orbit is pure sex

the callouts lowering the music volume is annoying- any way to disable this?

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

not sure if that was in response to me, but if it was I am talking about the side ramp flipper on the right not the upper playfield, thanks man!

here is the what the right flipper looks like if that helps

20201103_191921 (resized).jpg20201103_191921 (resized).jpg
#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

There are settings you can adjust in Settings - System - scroll through them to Sound. Page 36 and 37 in the manual, which you can download from the website.

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

[quoted image]

This happened to my right upper flipper too. Lost all function within the game, luckily everything dropped into the cabinet and was easy to reinstall. You may want to check other parts on the bottom and properly tighten, as my bottom flippers were also loose.

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for owners:
How’s the upper right flipper shots been for you guys. This is one of my biggest concerns on gameplay as I haven’t had much luck looping shots on the location game I play, much less even making the shot. Have you had more success on your home game and/or make any adjustments to that flipper?

It’s very hittable and repeatable, I had to adjust the flipper as it was pointing way too much to the left... the location pin you played probably wasn’t set up properly

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

This happened to my right upper flipper too. Lost all function within the game, luckily everything dropped into the cabinet and was easy to reinstall. You may want to check other parts on the bottom and properly tighten, as my bottom flippers were also loose.

Mostly check flipper coil stop allen head screws. On any manufacturer using already assembled flipper base plates with coil, bracket, coil stop, EOS and EOS bracket with a spring on it. JJP, CGC, and AP.

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for owners:

No adjustment on mine and I can repeat the upper loop once pretty often but I think I’ve only gotten 3 loops once!

My “professional” advice;
Helps if you’re drinking a few beers...
Funny because the same happens when I play my Getaway HS2 when i’m drinking I usually make more loops! Otherwise I hit about the same 2 or 3 but not consistently.

Hope that helps!

#2225 3 years ago

Does your left ramp have a good amount of movement when you hit it?

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

No adjustment on mine and I can repeat the upper loop once pretty often but I think I’ve only gotten 3 loops once!
My “professional” advice;
Helps if you’re drinking a few beers...
Funny because the same happens when I play my Getaway HS2 when i’m drinking I usually make more loops! Otherwise I hit about the same 2 or 3 but not consistently.
Hope that helps!

It’s amazing how much beer helps improve flow!

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

2 allen head screws ( 5/32nds ) and one lock washer on each one, hold the coil stop to the flipper base plate.
Now you've seen one.
[quoted image]

I misunderstood the question. I thought he meant the button on the coil stop came off, not the whole darn L bracket....lol. My bad.

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

first impressions after my first handful of games
flow is awesome, this is the biggest surprise to me. Videos make this game look clunky but its an awesome shooter. That left orbit is pure sex

Both orbits are so satisfying to me. So smooth.

#2229 3 years ago

There is a super annoying issue with my game. My wife consistently outscores me, maybe this can be fixed in the next code update.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I misunderstood the question. I thought he meant the button on the coil stop came off, not the whole darn L bracket....lol. My bad.

They can break off.

Not a problem. You were trying to help. And that is always a good thing.

#2231 3 years ago

Is cliffy making anything for the scoop and how soon usually is it available? I assume it would make sense to cover front of scoop.

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s amazing how much beer helps improve flow!

Drinking beer only leads to this kind of flow for me - what am I doing wrong?

8mCk.gif8mCk.gif
#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is cliffy making anything for the scoop and how soon usually is it available? I assume it would make sense to cover front of scoop.

Be nice if JJP just went to Cliff and had him design a better protector for that scoop.

#2234 3 years ago

I got an air ball to roll around the stage on the top left, does that mean the SE does have an upper playfield? :p

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I got an air ball to roll around the stage on the top left, does that mean the SE does have an upper playfield? :p

Ive had a ball launch off the left ramp on my WW into the back left corner. Does that mean I have a Wonkavator lock? Here is the clip.

https://www.twitch.tv/quasarsarcade/clip/WanderingFairLorisKappaWealth

#2236 3 years ago

I’m guessing there is no way to not have call outs/sound effects lower the music around them? Find that very odd

#2237 3 years ago

does your right orbit always come around to the flipper? Mine hits left sling some of the time

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

does your right orbit always come around to the flipper? Mine hits left sling some of the time

Mine NEVER hits the sling. How steep is your pitch?

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Mine NEVER hits the sling. How steep is your pitch?

I’m around 6.6. It just barely grazes the top of the sling sometimes. I’ll check if I’m level again...

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m around 6.6. It just barely grazes the top of the sling sometimes. I’ll check if I’m level again...

Just a thought, you may be good there. Also check in various areas that you are good left to right. I would suggest you adjust the orbit rail, but I am not sure its adjustable on this game. If you are super close to having it NOT hit the sling, willing to bet you can drop the right side very slightly to make it work out.

Hitting the orbit from the left side ok?

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Check the ball guide on the left side. I was hitting the sling and needed to adjust it. It is a PITA to adjust, as you need to remove at least the first 2 bolt / screws and align it.

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Check the ball guide on the left side. I was hitting the sling and needed to adjust it. It is a PITA to adjust, as you need to remove at least the first 2 bolt / screws and align it.

good to know its adjustable

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

good to know its adjustable

There isn't much adjustment. Mine was leaning back a bit (not perfectly straight up and down). I removed the first bolt and the next screw and was able to give it a better curve and reinstall it straight. That worked for me.

#2244 3 years ago

Matt at BackAlleyCreations for the win again. Was hoping he would release his master affordable creations! Ordered and ready to install. Love it. Well done Matt!

598271AA-5DAA-46C1-A068-BEBF581714BB (resized).png598271AA-5DAA-46C1-A068-BEBF581714BB (resized).png
#2245 3 years ago

did back alley make the scuplt

Quoted from mechslave:

First reaction to video: the scoop and the spinning record. That's going to the 80% of the shot interaction by your average player. And both are kinda ehhhhh. A scoop dead center, and the spinning record toy we've seen a million times. The middle area is really where you want the big interactive toy or money shot. And it's a scoop?
So what is the big interactive mech in the game? The balls lock on the Gibson head. There's a little upper playfield. A spinner and 3 ramps. Feels like something is missing...
I mean, it looks ok. But certainly nothing that blew me away at first glance. I'm sure the audio and light shows will be out of this world.

when you play it it doesn't feel that way, at least for me. The scoop shot is very early in the flipper for me, so its a shot that I have to aim for.

#2246 3 years ago

This looks a lot like the sculpt that The Art of Pinball made and sold. Did these guys work together on this?

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

This looks a lot like the sculpt that The Art of Pinball made and sold. Did these guys work together on this?

No this is Matt’s design and sculpt. Looks awesome and matches all of his work already on all JJP games. Dude is awesome.

#2248 3 years ago

Looks identical to the one Lior posted and started selling two weeks ago...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

I highly doubt it....it looks awesome, and far cheaper than the Art of Pinball version....I'm guessing the same quality

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No this is Matt’s design and sculpt. Looks awesome and matches all of his work already on all JJP games. Dude is awesome.

I know Matt is awesome, I have all of his mods and he has powder coated for me. Same with the Mod Couple, I have all of your MOD's too. I am just saying that Lior started selling this two weeks ago and it looks identical to what he was selling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.