IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 444 of 567.
#22151 1 year ago

Thinking of getting a GnR.

Are there more code updates coming?

I read that album modes are fairly dull at the moment.

#22152 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There is another update coming, but anyone's guess when that might be.

Album mode minigames can be bypassed if they bug you.

Great pick up and play game.

#22153 1 year ago

Great game, indulge yourself.

#22154 1 year ago

I finally beat thirst for carnage tonight, it wasn't dull. But that also shows how good I'm not.

I skip the them only when I don't want to spend a ball on them or I want to just focus on points. Which is most of the time. Again, if I was better then I'd possibly just play them and knock them out more.

Tonight I appreciated the album mode break and since it was a play for fun night it was good timing and a welcome diversion. They definitely have variety value and I like they are there as much as I like that you can disable them.

Should you get one? In this forum the 'ayes' always have the answer there.

This game keeps giving me that honeymoon feeling. She's a keeper. Everybody should have one once - and if you like music pins and GnR then it's a no brainer.
Worst case you "rent" one and find out if she's for you. It's a home pin for sure.
Best case you get one of the best pins ever made and the tattoo and we're all your new best friends.

#22155 1 year ago

Yeah, have to admit, I am surprised to see JJP GnR slip out of the top 10

If Keefer and team have time to update / complete / fine tune code ?

GnR is certainly top 10 material !!!

gn (resized).jpggn (resized).jpg
#22156 1 year ago

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But, album modes are actually really cool, there’s 2 things about them though:
1. They’re completely different than the rest of the game, so the change of pace can feel awkward. To me, this is a good thing, they are like mini wizard modes I suppose.
2. The scoring is very low compared to the rest of the game. This can be fixed in settings by decreasing song mode scoring and increasing album mode scoring.

#22157 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, have to admit, I am surprised to see JJP GnR slip out of the top 10
If Keefer and team have time to update / complete / fine tune code ?
GnR is certainly top 10 material !!!
[quoted image]

Need more reviews .
I gave it a 10 , but I don't think I've done enough reviews for it to count .
I'll have to get on to that .

#22158 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There is another update coming, but anyone's guess when that might be.

Curious if Keefer/JJP mentioned somewhere that GnR would get another update, or is this just wishful thinking?

#22159 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Patch Collection side mission complete! I blew it on a maxed out November Rain and couldn't capitalize for a mega high score, but at least I know what it looks like when you get patched all the way up! The grind was real.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am half-surprised that JJP hasn’t produced a full set of physical versions of these patches to sell on their merch site.

#22160 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Curious if Keefer/JJP mentioned somewhere that GnR would get another update, or is this just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking, unfortunately. However, I am surprised JJP (Keefer) hasn’t addressed Slash Solo or the Desert Demolition bug.

#22161 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I am surprised JJP (Keefer) hasn’t addressed Slash Solo or the Desert Demolition bug.

Or release the balls before the time has ran out , when choosing a song .

#22162 1 year ago

There’s also bugs when making changes to some of the settings. Can’t remember which ones but I played with some and it caused unrelated consequences.

I’d also like him to “calm down” the spotlights during the encore into. They go crazy and I cringe everyone it happens as I’m sure it adds stress to the fragile servos

#22163 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

There’s also bugs when making changes to some of the settings. Can’t remember which ones but I played with some and it caused unrelated consequences.
I’d also like him to “calm down” the spotlights during the encore into. They go crazy and I cringe everyone it happens as I’m sure it adds stress to the fragile servos

Those servos aren't that fragile, once upgraded. I haven't had a failure since doing it, TBH.

Remember these things are remote control servos, used for steering cars, planes, drones and so on.
They get a lot more "abuse" in those environments than moving around in the pin.

#22164 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those servos aren't that fragile, once upgraded. I haven't had a failure since doing it, TBH.
Remember these things are remote control servos, used for steering cars, planes, drones and so on.
They get a lot more "abuse" in those environments than moving around in the pin.

They are quite fragile. I’ve replaced many times including an Emax

#22165 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Huh. Well, that's annoying. On the plus side you're probably good at hot swapping them by now

At least they are cheap.

#22166 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Mine are all original and still going strong (touch wood )
With the amount of games sold , you would think there would be more reports of issues , if they were so delicate

#22167 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’ve replaced many times including an Emax

If you've replaced them many times , maybe your housing is too tight , putting strain on them ?

#22168 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you've replaced them many times , maybe your housing is too tight , putting strain on them ?

Fair point for sure. Also the moving contact points, arms/hinges all come lubricated from factory and during swap they become unlubricated. Super Lube up!

#22169 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

He said PotC is coming, and GnR has a number of hard bugs, so if nothing else, a bugfix is coming.

#22170 1 year ago

Played this game for the first time ever at KickBack Cafe in Pittsburgh(my experience was posted here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-at-kickback-pinball-cafe-pittsburgh#post-7009605 a couple days ago)
Amazing game and chaotic in a great way. Right up my alley. disclaimer: I don't necessarily play for score as I don't comprehend rules very well or anything else for that matter as of late. I'm more of a ball time guy. GNR, Cactus Canyon and Halloween kept my interest and I played them all more than once.
Bottom line. GNR is an amazing game. So much so that I rearranged my basement the next day. You know just in case I want to squeeze one more in there in the future. Miraculously, I have enough room for one more pinball machine.
I'm not saying I'm buying one just yet as I have to do some research on the newer builds but it's definitely at the top of the holy crap this is awesome list.
total disclosure: I missed out on the CE when they first came out. I didn't get an LE because of the physical difference of the Coma ball lock. I have severe OCD issues as well. I liked the look of the LE enough, in person, and didn't feel I was missing anything WRT the CE(ignorance is bliss) and convinced myself the red would go just fine in the center of my Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka that are both red as well. I'm off to buy a mega milliions ticket, wish me luck. haha.
r/
Mike

#22171 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Glass on and spamming the drop from the upper playfield. Lots of nudge/tip work. #slingshothell
Post pass from right flipper to left and then backhanding the upper playfield shot.
I actually drained out BEFORE collecting the victory lap "patch". I don't see a spot on the jacket for it, so I presume it is just a placeholder/picture for bonus points.

Eric confirmed that a while back when i completed the patches. If you collect the pinball machine patch it just gives points form that point. He said i did not win a pinball machine.

#22172 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But, album modes are actually really cool, there’s 2 things about them though:
1. They’re completely different than the rest of the game, so the change of pace can feel awkward. To me, this is a good thing, they are like mini wizard modes I suppose.
2. The scoring is very low compared to the rest of the game. This can be fixed in settings by decreasing song mode scoring and increasing album mode scoring.

Well i can tell you that mine is never leaving after Eric arranged for Slash to sign my mini playfield and as a bonus Slash had Axl, Duff and himself sign my apron as well at the concert in Groningen. I could not believe that happened and am still smiling from ear to ear.
As for the gameplay i just love it. If you know the rules then it is a blast to play. And the lightshows will never be beaten i think.

#22173 1 year ago

I have officially now joined the broken spotlight club.

My guess is they have been busted for ages, I never cared to pay attention until now.

I installed a replacement playfield controller board for my relentless shooter sensor issue and thought I better check all devices after fitment,

Quickly realised both the spots were no good broken links and a possible servo fail on right hand side unit.

Good news is the shooter sensor problem may actually be fixed
I need to get time to test some more.

Hoping JJP support may be kind enough to assist with upgraded parts to fix this failure.
Broken spot (resized).jpgBroken spot (resized).jpg

#22174 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:Fair point for sure. Also the moving contact points, arms/hinges all come lubricated from factory and during swap they become unlubricated. Super Lube up!

Yeah I’ve added additional grease to the linkage to make them operate smoother. Since the last code update issues with servos haven’t been as widespread as they corrected some issues.

#22175 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Well i can tell you that mine is never leaving after Eric arranged for Slash to sign my mini playfield and as a bonus Slash had Axl, Duff and himself sign my apron as well at the concert in Groningen. I could not believe that happened and am still smiling from ear to ear.
As for the gameplay i just love it. If you know the rules then it is a blast to play. And the lightshows will never be beaten i think.

That is freakin awesome! And that is one way to bolt a pin to the floor haha. GNR still rocks for me too; going on 20 months of ownership.

#22176 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have officially now joined the broken spotlight club.
My guess is they have been busted for ages, I never cared to pay attention until now.
I installed a replacement playfield controller board for my relentless shooter sensor issue and though I better check all devices after fitment,
Quickly realised both the spots were no good broken links and a possible servo fail on right hand side unit.
Good news is the shooter sensor problem may actually be fixed
I need to get time to test some more.
Hoping JJP support may be kind enough to assist with this failure.[quoted image]

Print yourself new spotlight brackets from the models on Thingiverse (link in the topic index under MOD:PLAYFIELD). They're much more robust than the stock brackets and will last much longer (mine have never broken again. Servos are another matter. I basically look at them as consumables since the stock and replacement ones have all broken over time.

#22177 1 year ago

The original spotlights on my CE have been just fine luckily. The opto for the inner loop has been on error for a few days now but I’m hoping it’s just a cable that’s gone loose underneath. I’ll look into it soon enough.

#22178 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

The opto for the inner loop has been on error for a few days now but I’m hoping it’s just a cable that’s gone loose underneath. I’ll look into it soon enough.

Or popped out of the hole it's plugged into.

LTG : )
Follow me on Instagram and help #bringltgback grow.

#22179 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Man I had THAT game tonight, it was awesome. might have been the most fun yet and that is saying something...
Just had moment after a great moment after great moment, making the killer shots things working out in my favor. I hit the scoop mystery award started song, and rocked the song (estranged) and applause jackpot at the last flipping second.
I looked up in my score said 1.9 million... I thought something was wrong but the game just went bonkers got the encore ( Chinese democracy) and kept playing I think I got almost 4 million. That song rocks to play to.
Why so low? That's what you get for not setting up everything for a big score prior to playing a song.
But it was the most fun 4 million I've ever gotten (yes that's a word). Moral of the story: Points aren't everything.

That's what I'm talking about bro! It's all.about the fun factor.

#22180 1 year ago

New Gun N' Roses SE owner here. First JJP game. Just traded last night. So far I'm really impressed with the game. Couple of newbie questions here.

1) What is the best place to get a shaker motor for this game? Does it add a lot to game play?

2) I had to take off the glass yesterday, taking off the lockbar went smoothly, but it seems like locking it is causing me issues. Seems like it should be straight forward, pull the handle sideway, make sure the lockbar is completely seated and let go of the handle. Doesn't seem to move much when I let go of the handle. I even try pushing slightly. It seems like lock a little bit, but if I wiggle the lockbar, I can get it to come off. Any ideas?

#22181 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

New Gun N' Roses SE owner here. First JJP game. Just traded last night. So far I'm really impressed with the game. Couple of newbie questions here.
1) What is the best place to get a shaker motor for this game? Does it add a lot to game play?

Absolutely it does. The shaker use in Guns is some of the best.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Accessories/Shaker-Motor-Assy-fits-all-JJP-Games.html

Quoted from 67cutlass:

2) I had to take off the glass yesterday, taking off the lockbar went smoothly, but it seems like locking it is causing me issues. Seems like it should be straight forward, pull the handle sideway, make sure the lockbar is completely seated and let go of the handle. Doesn't seem to move much when I let go of the handle. I even try pushing slightly. It seems like lock a little bit, but if I wiggle the lockbar, I can get it to come off. Any ideas?

The two brass screws on the lockbar receiver can be adjusted to make it a little looser.

#22182 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

when I let go of the handle. I even try pushing slightly. It seems like lock a little bit, but if I wiggle the lockbar, I can get it to come off. Any ideas?

Don't be shy , push the handle firmly to the right , to lock it down .

#22183 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

You say that now, but I am willing to offer you a whole EIGHT DOLLARS for that apron. And you'll also gain the flexibility to part with your machine should you ever choose to.

#22184 1 year ago

Hi all GNR/JJP game owners. I wanted to make a quick post here to get the word out about my new Mod's for the Flippers and flipper shaft bushings upgrade that will fit all JJP games. I've posted the links below if you're interested in learning more about them. Thanks for looking

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing

Flipper Bushings 4 (resized).jpgFlipper Bushings 4 (resized).jpgFlipper Kit_Blue (resized).jpgFlipper Kit_Blue (resized).jpg

#22185 1 year ago

Purchased my LE NIB in March 2022. It came with a scratch on the LE number plate so I contacted JJP about getting a replacement. They said they could send me an unused number once production was stopped (limited to 5,000). Just received my replacement plate this week so likely a good indication they are not making any more games. If you need a replacement plate, send them an email and they should send you a new number. My replacement number was below '200' so strange they still have some earlier numbers from the 5,000 available? My original plate was in the 2,700 range.

#22186 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi all GNR/JJP game owners. I wanted to make a quick post here to get the word out about my new Mod's for the Flippers and flipper shaft bushings upgrade that will fit all JJP games. I've posted the links below if you're interested in learning more about them. Thanks for looking
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing

If anyone has purchased any or all of this kit, please give us a review. Cheers

#22187 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

If anyone has purchased any or all of this kit, please give us a review. Cheers

I have a set of Flippers and Bushings on the way for my GnRCE. I'm anxious to see the difference between these and the factory setup.

#22188 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

These things are fricken beautiful!

#22189 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I have a set of Flippers and Bushings on the way for my GnRCE. I'm anxious to see the difference between these and the factory setup.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Did you go with a 3 flipper kit for GnR?

I'm curious about doing this for the mains and upper right but not sure about the upper playfield. Due to its location, may leave that one factory

#22190 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Awesome, please tell us what they are like once you get a few games under your belt with them.

#22191 1 year ago

I ordered a full set including bushings for my GZ. I’ll provide some comments when I get them installed. I figured the Elwin games could benefit the most from repeatable precision. It was either GZ or JP for the first set. If they work, I’ll expand them to a couple of my tables.

#22192 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Did you go with a 3 flipper kit for GnR?
I'm curious about doing this for the mains and upper right but not sure about the upper playfield. Due to its location, may leave that one factory

I ordered the 3 flipper kit. I asked John (1956PINHEAD) about the mini-flippers last night and he let me know that they are currently in the works!

#22193 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

You say that now, but I am willing to offer you a whole EIGHT DOLLARS for that apron. And you'll also gain the flexibility to part with your machine should you ever choose to.

Hahaha. Gonna have to politely decline your generous offer. I have been playing this beast for over year and a half now and am nowhere near bored off it. She's a keeper for sure.

#22194 1 year ago

I've often wondered this. I'm not sure I want a shaker in my SE. I don't know how it would integrate. At what points in the game?

#22195 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I've often wondered this. I'm not sure I want a shaker in my SE. I don't know how it would integrate. At what points in the game?

Have your girlfriend or wife sit on the game during you could be mine and you’ll be sold.

#22196 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Trust me you want it.

Some songs it's like a crowd stomping along with Paradise City.
Some songs it's used like a subwoofer.

It absolutely completes the experience. But then, so does the upper playfield so you might just upgrade to a nice LE and call it done all around

#22197 1 year ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I ordered the 3 flipper kit. I asked John (1956PINHEAD) about the mini-flippers last night and he let me know that they are currently in the works!

Thanks

#22198 1 year ago

Personally I think the album modes are a blast, and all play with unique rule sets. The issue is their scoring is low and not worth the risk/reward with default settings. Ditto for Slash Solo.

#22199 1 year ago

Is there a way to set up scorbit so I don’t have to scan the QR code before each game?

#22200 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Go and see the dentist before you play one with a shaker, specially in ‘Live and Let Die’. Shakes your fillings out….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 444 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/444?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.