F13807B3-85E1-48F7-BE03-C30C2DAE36BF (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220805-210238_Chrome (resized).jpg
B12CB479-12E5-4F37-B49F-F41FB2331AA6 (resized).jpeg
DEF0DCA2-C21F-44BF-8361-0C435C1D2EBA (resized).jpeg
84029341-DC15-40BC-BA8E-16673F1E5B0D (resized).jpeg
JJP Extra Jack (resized).jpg
IMG_20220805_002517 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

71 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 443 of 452.
#22101 42 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Joel had a bug on GnR on his stream tonight. Had two balls locked in the guitar neck and spent too much time on the song select. The song select timer hadn't run out, but apparently the lock release timer had been running? It released the balls while he was still trying to decide on a song...
Clipped it:
https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicClearManateeAMPEnergy-fyl2mxfXUzlOEDwK

screaminr reported this a few months back. Good to get it clipped and recorded but honestly, JJP coding team seems to be hurting. Won’t even fix the DD scoring bug or address slash solo. Not looking good for JJP lately it seems (hope I’m wrong).

#22102 42 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

screaminr reported this a few months back. Good to get it clipped and recorded but honestly, JJP coding team seems to be hurting. Won’t even fix the DD scoring bug or address slash solo. Not looking good for JJP lately it seems (hope I’m wrong).

Yeah, I figured a clip would help Hogbog at least get it to someone who could fix it, but yeah JJP is really dropping the ball on code updates. jjPotC and GnR both need AT LEAST a bunch of bug fixes and hopefully some new code. They're really dropping the ball. Not a good sign of how the place is being managed these days.

#22103 42 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yeah I'm seriously disappointed there hasn't been a coffee update for gnr in like a year!

Could seriously use a refresh and update a lot of things.

Is the special even a thing yet?

#22104 42 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I own both a GnR and Hobbit. Two totally different and amazing games.
Hobbit has some of the most interesting and varied shots and modes ever done. The 3 banks of individually-controlled drop targets are put to stunning use in this game. So many different shots. Moving targets, hit the targets behind but NOT the drops, and of course, the final kill shot for Smaug. I agree this is probably the most stunning moment in Pinball. It's hard for a reason: you not only have to get to this point, then you have to load the Windlass (captured ball shot by solenoid from the left outdrain), it fires to the upper flipper, and you have one chance to hit the switch behind a single, dropped target in a 5-target bank. This simulates killing Smaug by placing a careful shot through a missing scale in his armor. Do it, and the flippers go dead, balls drain, and you get an amazing video sequence. Anyway, theres much more to Hobbit: best action button use in any game, choices throughout at each stage, "monster" popups that force you to change shots and strategy, etc. If you want a mode-based adventure game with varied shots and objectives, this is it. It's the better playing game of the two.
GnR is the best overall pinball experience. The highlight in GnR is the stunning song/light choreography. There's nothing like the light shows on GnR anywhere in pinball, and the overall integration with the videos and songs is just amazing. I never tire of reaching Dirty Robot. The yellow/red light theme and some of the best video animation ever done accompany this mode. GnR does have some rule-based strategy to optimize scoring. The rules do have some complexity if you want to maximize points, but you don't need to know much to just enjoy getting song modes and see each unique light show. Patch collecting, for example, is a deep rabbit hole that will takes months to fully explore. GnR is the better walk-up-and-play machine for guests and friends that aren't pinheads.
My biggest criticism of GnR is the static nature of the layout. Unlike Hobbit, you pretty much shoot the same shots and field for each mode. This isn't bad. 98% of all pinballs are this way. Hobbit isn't, which makes it really dynamic with its combination of modes, bank targets, and popups.
Really, you can't wrong with either. Both are in my personal top-10.
[quoted image]

This is one of the most well said, best overall posts I have ever seen in this site.

And I couldn't agree more!

Well said all around sir!

#22105 42 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I own both a GnR and Hobbit. Two totally different and amazing games.
Hobbit has some of the most interesting and varied shots and modes ever done. The 3 banks of individually-controlled drop targets are put to stunning use in this game. So many different shots. Moving targets, hit the targets behind but NOT the drops, and of course, the final kill shot for Smaug. I agree this is probably the most stunning moment in Pinball. It's hard for a reason: you not only have to get to this point, then you have to load the Windlass (captured ball shot by solenoid from the left outdrain), it fires to the upper flipper, and you have one chance to hit the switch behind a single, dropped target in a 5-target bank. This simulates killing Smaug by placing a careful shot through a missing scale in his armor. Do it, and the flippers go dead, balls drain, and you get an amazing video sequence. Anyway, theres much more to Hobbit: best action button use in any game, choices throughout at each stage, "monster" popups that force you to change shots and strategy, etc. If you want a mode-based adventure game with varied shots and objectives, this is it. It's the better playing game of the two.
GnR is the best overall pinball experience. The highlight in GnR is the stunning song/light choreography. There's nothing like the light shows on GnR anywhere in pinball, and the overall integration with the videos and songs is just amazing. I never tire of reaching Dirty Robot. The yellow/red light theme and some of the best video animation ever done accompany this mode. GnR does have some rule-based strategy to optimize scoring. The rules do have some complexity if you want to maximize points, but you don't need to know much to just enjoy getting song modes and see each unique light show. Patch collecting, for example, is a deep rabbit hole that will takes months to fully explore. GnR is the better walk-up-and-play machine for guests and friends that aren't pinheads.
My biggest criticism of GnR is the static nature of the layout. Unlike Hobbit, you pretty much shoot the same shots and field for each mode. This isn't bad. 98% of all pinballs are this way. Hobbit isn't, which makes it really dynamic with its combination of modes, bank targets, and popups.
Really, you can't wrong with either. Both are in my personal top-10.
[quoted image]

100% agree! I have both, both are keepers for these exact reasons.

#22106 42 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I figured a clip would help Hogbog at least get it to someone who could fix it, but yeah JJP is really dropping the ball on code updates. jjPotC and GnR both need AT LEAST a bunch of bug fixes and hopefully some new code. They're really dropping the ball. Not a good sign of how the place is being managed these days.

On the open beta thread a few days ago it was posted by Keith Johnson that POTC is "not forgotten" from a chat on telegram group - so hopefully same for GnR

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program/page/4#post-6999382
3ae8b238bde0dee89c33099b16a219ea09bab779 (resized).jpeg

#22107 42 days ago

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop a few lines to give kudos to the JJP Support team, specifically Brian. I opened a ticket today due to an issue with one of the spotlight brackets and literally less than an hour later we have it sorted out and fix on its way. And this is not a one off, but rather my experience every time I had a ticket with them. Kudos Brian and JJP! Love my machine and also love the customer care you guys provide!

#22108 42 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Dammit , I was on a roll having good games and then my scoop started going STDM , thought I have to tighten it again , and then I saw the rubber had broken .
I know it's been mentioned , but where do you get them from .
[quoted image]

Put some electrical tape to fix it up , not pretty but doing the job so far .
No point in ordering more of the same rubber .
I'll see what I can find .
What is it with jjp making premium games but putting the cheapest / crappiest , rubber on them .

IMG20220702042242 (resized).jpg
#22109 42 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Put some electrical tape to fix it up , not pretty but doing the job so far .
No point in ordering more of the same rubber .
I'll see what I can find .
What is it with jjp making premium games but putting the cheapest / crappiest , rubber on them .
[quoted image]

Mileage will vary. I'm over a thousand plays on the same blue nibs. I've got 10 of them In my emergency repair kit on standby that I'm naively hoping I never have to use. Jinx .. I knew better than to say that. Rats.

#22110 42 days ago

Thought you guys would really like the new rug in my game room...

16567072118731064816829977913522 (resized).jpg
#22111 42 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop a few lines to give kudos to the JJP Support team, specifically Brian. I opened a ticket today due to an issue with one of the spotlight brackets and literally less than an hour later we have it sorted out and fix on its way. And this is not a one off, but rather my experience every time I had a ticket with them. Kudos Brian and JJP! Love my machine and also love the customer care you guys provide!

You're very welcome! Glad I could help!

And thank you very much for the kind words. I do appreciate it.

#22112 41 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Shooter lane false activation is still an ongoing problem for me. 2 replacement sensor pcbs installed so far. Initial problem was sensor 4 false trigger when game got hot. Now it is sensor 3 false trigger when game is cold.
The proximity sensors used in GnR are a cool little device however they appear to be extremely "delicate" (sorry I can't think of a better term ) with regards to calibration. They are supposed auto cal up to 100mm. I think that they may struggle with the wild reflections created from the starburst inserts ?
APDS-9130 Device info
https://www.broadcom.com/products/optical-sensors/proximity-sensors/apds-9130
I am of firm belief that modified code is required with regards to sensor pulse count. It appears that there is no adjustment for gain/sensitivity, limiting code options for improvement of device reliability for pinball machine ball sensor application.
I am guessing that this type of proximity sensor will be seen in Toy Story. Will be interesting to see if JJP continues to use the 9130 device ?
If so one can only hope that coders and engineers will be allowed the time to address this reliability issue.
With regard to guitar lock sensors, they appear to be much more reliable for some reason. Starburst inserts are used here as well yet I think the depth of insert hole is less ?
Anyway main problem I have encountered with guitar lock sensors is all 6 were intermittently dropping out entirely. This appeared to be caused by the blue ethernet style comms cable between the upper pcb and the I/O pcb underneath the main playfield required re-seating.
The 2 ball in shooter lane is likely a ball through problem, check re-seat ball trough connectors. And perhaps check the balls have not be become magnetized.

I've had LE for 11 months now and it has never worked correctly. I am sick to my stomach and I hate looking at it. JJP keeps sending boards that do not work. Biggest most expensive mistake of my life.

20210926_154601 (resized).jpg20210926_154609 (resized).jpg
#22113 41 days ago
Quoted from Maurice:

I choose the 850W Seasonic because I plan to add pinstadium and pinwoofer.
With the original 450W the game sometimes crashed. A song wouldn’t start for example or just during gameplay the game rebooted. After reading on Pinside about these issues I decided to go for maximum reliability.
The pinwoofer and pinstadium are not installed yet. I did add extra LED backbox lighting.
Also added is an active 300W subwoofer, but I don’t think that makes any difference for the power supply.
In short: sofar I played a handful of games and the game works exactly as before. No crashes sofar. I’ll update once a few 100 more games are played.

How has this been going for you?
Also how much work was it to install the new power supply? Curious the level of effort and time and disassembly assembly required to get this installed? Is it just plug and play after removing some panels and connectors? Easy intermediate or expert job?
Thanks

#22114 41 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

I've had LE for 11 months now and it has never worked correctly. I am sick to my stomach and I hate looking at it. JJP keeps sending boards that do not work. Biggest most expensive mistake of my life.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the problem you are having? Sensors on the skill shot not working right? There's no reason you should have had a machine down for 11 months.

#22115 41 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Im so sorry to hear that. I am waiting for another board and my game has had the problem for around 11 months as well.

The game is so good and I would like to keep it.

I am somewhat ocd and wish to have all my games working 100%

The shooter problem is very intermittent for me and has shifted from sensor 4 to sensor 3 on my game. A new playfield controller board is on its way, so hopefully this will fix the problem.

My distributor and the team at JJP support have been helpful towards me.

I am fortunate to have electronics trade and pinball maintenance experience.

I would be happy to help you with any information I have regarding the problem via pm to try help you work through this.

#22116 41 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

I've had LE for 11 months now and it has never worked correctly.

What, specifically, does this mean? What is not working correctly?
Lots of us in here happy to help troubleshoot, sometimes the problems are known or have easy fixes.

#22117 41 days ago

What issues are common with the shooter lane skill shot sensors? Mine occasionally register before I plunge and then auto plunge the ball. Never really thought much of it and just go on my merry way having a good time.

#22118 41 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

What issues are common with the shooter lane skill shot sensors? Mine occasionally register before I plunge and then auto plunge the ball. Never really thought much of it and just go on my merry way having a good time.

My experience is that they are very inconsistent. Sometimes registers a skill shot on one of the first sensors while the ball is still in motion. It’s so sporadic, it doesn’t bother me too much. Cleaning under the inserts with Q-tip seemed to help short term.

#22119 40 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Ya let's get on this! All of pinside including the JJP guys are here.

#22120 40 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the problem you are having? Sensors on the skill shot not working right? There's no reason you should have had a machine down for 11 months.

Skill shot and the guitar neck, skill shot just ruins your plunge shot, guitar neck stops the game in its tracks. Ejecting from the neck is a problem, during the game you get audible drum roll and no eject. At the end of song, ball or game the coils fire every time, I thought this was key, finding the failing input but JJP dismissed the theory. Just replaced shooter lane pcb and rj45 card pictured, now it's worse.

Quoted from zaphX:

Lots of us in here happy to help troubleshoot, sometimes the problems are known or have easy fixes.

#22121 40 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im so sorry to hear that. I am waiting for another board and my game has had the problem for around 11 months as well.
The shooter problem is very intermittent for me and has shifted from sensor 4 to sensor 3 on my game. A new playfield controller board is on its way, so hopefully this will fix the problem.
I would be happy to help you with any information I have regarding the problem via pm to try help you work through this.

Thanks, just installed playfield controller board and shooter lane board, shooter lane does not work at all now and neck loc/release is worse. My personal opinion, there's a grounding issue that is above my skill level to troubleshoot.

#22122 40 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ya let's get on this! All of pinside including the JJP guys are here.

#GnR
Thanks, Ken from JJP is trying, but I believe their issues are deeper, recently I've witnessed the PC crashing during gameplay. The frequency is uncommon and I wouldn't care whatsoever if that was the only issue with this machine.

#22123 40 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks,
My number 1 problem is the guitar neck, proximity sensors and the eject coil. After doing full sensor calibration, they'll start flickering almost immediately. I work with proximity sensors all day every day, they're not that complicated. Unfortunately these don't have potentiometers. All calibration is software, nothing I can work with. The neck eject coil fires 100% at end of song, ball, game, but during song with the drumroll sound effect it will fire maybe 10% (at best)of the time.
Side note, I think Texas has more pinheads than Chicago, thanks!

#22124 40 days ago

Question for those with 3D printing knowledge. What is the best material to use to print something that will be impacted by the ball? I'm specifically talking about the piece that someone created to fix the ball trap by the lower pop bumper. I had two printed, and the first one snapped. I need to install number 2. I'm getting a 3D printer soon so I can make these and anything else I need.

#22125 40 days ago

Probably TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) for a part seeing lots of ball impacts. This is a bit rubbery, and what many of the protectors sold here are made of. If you need it to be structurally stiff I’d suggest ABS, but that stuff is smelly and very difficult to print (you need and enclosure). PETG is an ok and easier to use alternative to ABS. PLA would be my last choice for something getting whacked all the time.

#22126 40 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Skill shot and the guitar neck, skill shot just ruins your plunge shot, guitar neck stops the game in its tracks. Ejecting from the neck is a problem, during the game you get audible drum roll and no eject. At the end of song, ball or game the coils fire every time, I thought this was key, finding the failing input but JJP dismissed the theory. Just replaced shooter lane pcb and rj45 card pictured, now it's worse.

For the guitar neck if there's too much tension on the wire going to it, the board can manfunction. There're some posts in the index talking about easing the tension on the wiring and solving the issue.

#22127 40 days ago

Check this key post out. I think this is what PinMonk is talking about
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/379#post-6686613

#22128 40 days ago

Quick question..... if I reset the High Scores, will it delete ALL the pictures it took that it shows in attract mode? I don't necessarily want to reset the high scores, but the pictures NEED replacing. There are a couple in there that look idiotic, and I'd love to delete them and let them be replaced. Any ideas?

#22129 40 days ago

I pulled the glass to fix a SDTM scoop issue I’ve been having and found a bolt head at the bottom of the cabinet. Any ideas where this is might be from? Looks like it just sheared off from someplace.

072202E8-E3CA-468C-AFA3-77A195B9DF20 (resized).jpeg935A5D15-5EF8-4D29-B6B4-CF4933767F97 (resized).jpeg
#22130 40 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Looks like it just sheared off from someplace.

Look around under the playfield. Can't be that many broken brass bolt shanks around.

Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

if I reset the High Scores, will it delete ALL the pictures it took that it shows in attract mode?

Yes.

#22131 40 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look around under the playfield. Can't be that many broken brass bolt shanks around.

Yeah I found it. Was staring me right in the face.

B3C5E7D0-82C0-4D45-8BD8-DE5896B5A633 (resized).jpeg
#22132 39 days ago

Any schematic electronic geeks have any theories why "switch #079 not used" is being triggered in
my switch history??

I've been dealing with the drumstick sensor # 57 randomly triggering on it's own after the game gets warmer after 20 or 30 minutes in...

Now I'm seeing that 57 plus this #79 is showing repeatedly in my history report too... How the heck is a not used switch 79 being triggered?

#22133 39 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Any schematic electronic geeks have any theories why "switch #079 not used" is being triggered in
my switch history??
I've been dealing with the drumstick sensor # 57 randomly triggering on it's own after the game gets warmer after 20 or 30 minutes in...
Now I'm seeing that 57 plus this #79 is showing repeatedly in my history report too... How the heck is a not used switch 79 being triggered?

It's not used on the LE, but it's for the coma lockup on the CE. That whole column it's in are optos, and 57 is an opto, too, so probably a flaky multi-opto board or connector on that board. I'd reseat all those connectors, but I would suspect the opto controller board itself for the 79 one. For the 57 one, it may just need to be cleaned with a q-tip.

#22134 39 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Shooter lane pcb that didn't help...
Unrelated question, can you change the timing of applause jackpot so the flippers turn off before applause jackpot ends?

20220703_133113 (resized).jpg
#22135 39 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Quick question..... if I reset the High Scores, will it delete ALL the pictures it took that it shows in attract mode? I don't necessarily want to reset the high scores, but the pictures NEED replacing. There are a couple in there that look idiotic, and I'd love to delete them and let them be replaced. Any ideas?

Maybe I need to come over and put up a couple of more high scores on your game. It has been a while since I had been over.

#22136 39 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Shooter lane pcb that didn't help...
Unrelated question, can you change the timing of applause jackpot so the flippers turn off before applause jackpot ends?
[quoted image]

applause qualifies 15 secs before song ends by default. This is adjustable in the settings.

#22137 39 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not used on the LE, but it's for the coma lockup on the CE. That whole column it's in are optos, and 57 is an opto, too, so probably a flaky multi-opto board or connector on that board. I'd reseat all those connectors, but I would suspect the opto controller board itself for the 79 one. For the 57 one, it may just need to be cleaned with a q-tip.

Thx.
I'm leaning towards opto board now too. I tried qtip, then JJP sent me a new circuit board for under my drumsticks to fix the 57 and I swapped but no change.

The 79 showing up in history is new.

The 79 say connected to j-202 in the switch matrix.. but 57 is different and I know that is in the backbox. How do I locate the opto board you're specifically recommending reseating ? Also In the back box?
Screenshot_20220703-204314_Photos (resized).jpg

#22138 39 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx.
I'm leaning towards opto board now too. I tried qtip, then JJP sent me a new circuit board for under my drumsticks to fix the 57 and I swapped but no change.
The 79 showing up in history is new.
The 79 say connected to j-202 in the switch matrix.. but 57 is different and I know that is in the backbox. How do I locate the opto board you're specifically recommending reseating ? Also In the back box?
[quoted image]

Do you have a multimeter? The surface mount transistors on the opto board are really small, but if your probes have fine points on them, you could probably get enough of the probe on each lead to test them to see if one of them is bad - the one giving you the phantom 79 activation. It could be a chip or resistor, too, but transistor is the first suspect.

#22139 39 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thx.

Another thought I had is while on the switch test screen, with the interlock post pulled out so the PF has power, maybe activate all the other optos in that row, one by one and see if any of them also trigger opto 79.

#22140 39 days ago
Quoted from GoinPostal:

Thanks,
My number 1 problem is the guitar neck, proximity sensors and the eject coil. After doing full sensor calibration, they'll start flickering almost immediately. I work with proximity sensors all day every day, they're not that complicated. Unfortunately these don't have potentiometers. All calibration is software, nothing I can work with. The neck eject coil fires 100% at end of song, ball, game, but during song with the drumroll sound effect it will fire maybe 10% (at best)of the time.
Side note, I think Texas has more pinheads than Chicago, thanks!

Have you tried cleaning underneath the playfield where the sensors are? I remember someone mentioning that some swarth from the manufacturing process can collect under there and cause false positives.

Also, are you sure it's the sensors that are misfiring? (There are switch logs you can use to troubleshoot which one is behaving.)

#22141 39 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a multimeter? The surface mount transistors on the opto board are really small, but if your probes have fine points on them, you could probably get enough of the probe on each lead to test them to see if one of them is bad - the one giving you the phantom 79 activation. It could be a chip or resistor, too, but transistor is the first suspect.

Multimeter, yes. Fine points, yes.
I'll have to go hunting for J202 tomorrow. However, I wouldn't know how to identify what to test with the mm or what a bad/good test looks like.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Another thought I had is while on the switch test screen, with the interlock post pulled out so the PF has power, maybe activate all the other optos in that row, one by one and see if any of them also trigger opto 79.

I will try this tomorrow too. Unfortunately, I'll have to play for about 20 minutes to get everything warmed up before it happens. The 57 trigger behaviors don't reveal until the pin gets warmed up.
But once it gets warmed up I hear the ricochet sound all the time and I can start a new game and out of the blue I'll hear "Frank qualified" Because the drumstick sensor 57 misfires. Mystery awards start adding up quickly and I just get ricochet sounds regularly as 57 triggers.

79 Only shows up in the logs that I've noticed.. it's more of a new development that I've just noticed which is probably tied into all this electronic craziness.

Thanks for the assist. I'll post results tomorrow since it's a holiday and I'll have some time .

Happy 4th everybody!

#22142 39 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Maybe I need to come over and put up a couple of more high scores on your game. It has been a while since I had been over.

Hahahaha, that's why I didn't want to reset the high scores. But some of those pictures...... geez I had this idiotic look on my face and the wife kept harassing me about them. They had to disappear

#22143 39 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Hahahaha, that's why I didn't want to reset the high scores. But some of those pictures...... geez I had this idiotic look on my face and the wife kept harassing me about them. They had to disappear

Yeah, I never cared until I saw some of them, and I always forget it takes the pic when you hit END on your initials so all my dumb looks are the same - just different shirts and hats.... except for one - and I am going to work on beating that score as its a creepy one with my shirt off standing next to slash from one morning I was playing and forgot it takes pictures. I forget which award it is, but iirc its one that might be there a while.

#22144 39 days ago

Patch Collection side mission complete! I blew it on a maxed out November Rain and couldn't capitalize for a mega high score, but at least I know what it looks like when you get patched all the way up! The grind was real.

123_1(2) (resized).jpg123_1(3) (resized).jpg
#22145 39 days ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Patch Collection side mission complete! I blew it on a maxed out November Rain and couldn't capitalize for a mega high score, but at least I know what it looks like when you get patched all the way up! The grind was real.

Awesome

#22146 39 days ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

This is way cool. Never seen that. Never thought about it either... You did that with the glass on?
Is that final victory lap patch shown with the pinball "GnR was here" an actual final patch to collect?

#22147 38 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is way cool. Never seen that. Never thought about it either... You did that with the glass on?
Is that final victory lap patch shown with the pinball "GnR was here" an actual final patch to collect?

Glass on and spamming the drop from the upper playfield. Lots of nudge/tip work. #slingshothell
Post pass from right flipper to left and then backhanding the upper playfield shot.

I actually drained out BEFORE collecting the victory lap "patch". I don't see a spot on the jacket for it, so I presume it is just a placeholder/picture for bonus points.

#22148 38 days ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

I don't see a spot on the jacket for it, so I presume it is just a placeholder/picture for bonus points.

I got there and even after collecting the pinball patch it doesn’t get added to the jacket, just keeps that patch in a loop (so you complete it and it shows again). I didn’t notice an achievement or anything special happening after acquiring the patch unfortunately (maybe something for the next code release ???)

#22149 38 days ago

Just hit 107m jackpot on Jungle. Had some great simultaneous multiballs before that. Had all the balls out there. Had fender, vater, and dudd patches going into it.

I wasn't going to play it bc I didn't have fun and rose patch but it was the song the game chose so I stuck with it.

Went bonkers on it. Most fun I've had on the game in a long time. It was one of those games... You know, THOSE games!

Ended up with somewhere in the 130m-140m range at the end of the game.

Woohoo! G'n'f'n'R!

#22150 38 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Just hit 107m jackpot on Jungle. Had some great simultaneous multiballs before that. Had all the balls out there. Had fender, vater, and dudd patches going into it.
I wasn't going to play it bc I didn't have fun and rose patch but it was the song the game chose so I stuck with it.
Went bonkers on it. Most fun I've had on the game in a long time. It was one of those games... You know, THOSE games!
Ended up with somewhere in the 130m-140m range at the end of the game.
Woohoo! G'n'f'n'R!

Man I had THAT game tonight, it was awesome. might have been the most fun yet and that is saying something...

Just had moment after a great moment after great moment, making the killer shots things working out in my favor. I hit the scoop mystery award started song, and rocked the song (estranged) and applause jackpot at the last flipping second.

I looked up in my score said 1.9 million... I thought something was wrong but the game just went bonkers got the encore ( Chinese democracy) and kept playing I think I got almost 4 million. That song rocks to play to.

Why so low? That's what you get for not setting up everything for a big score prior to playing a song.

But it was the most fun 4 million I've ever gotten (yes that's a word). Moral of the story: Points aren't everything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
Cheap Drainz Shop
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
There are 22,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 443 of 452.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!